• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pro Impact BI-WEEKLIES - Calgary, AB

kithkin

Smash Champion
The bi-weeklies?

With a good group of 10-16 people it would go from (double elimination) about 2 to 6 or 7?

Randall confirm this?

edit: but it was always SUPPOSED to start at 1

RowdyRego

Smash Rookie
well if your hosting im soooo ready for it
1 more week and the wait will be finally over
im excited for this
and im ready to do some of these tournaments
i couldnt do any for melee cause i could never really get to the locations
but thank god for online
i wonder what next weeks work schedule looks like? no matter ill be online waiting to brawl ;)

BackItch

Smash Journeyman
Holy Chad! I just drove by your home yesterday, and i holy! I could walk to your house from mcknight station! its so close by!1!
There's even a bus that goes directly from the LRT station to my house, and another bus directly from my house back to the LRT.

If you're taking the LRT to my house, you take the 61 to get there (it's a really short ride because, as Sho pointed out, you could just walk) and the 60 takes the opposite route back to the LRT station.

I'll be making a nice map soon enough to direct people when I have a better idea of when I'm going to host.

mach5

Smash Journeyman
maybe SWF should get a LIVE CHAT and instant messaging. therefore we can have people trading wifi codes over and playing online or tournamentize things. kind of like IRC i guess. #brawl

and i wouldn't mind getting together and not playing online. just for old time sakes.

ALSO infil. i wanted to find out if

ex) ZSS is sent of the stage and she uses her second jump. then DOWN+B. then can she use her UP b after that?

kithkin

Smash Champion
i couldnt do any for melee cause i could never really get to the locations
but thank god for online
i wonder what next weeks work schedule looks like? no matter ill be online waiting to brawl ;)
The locations are still the same >.>

maybe SWF should get a LIVE CHAT and instant messaging. therefore we can have people trading wifi codes over and playing online or tournamentize things. kind of like IRC i guess. #brawl

and i wouldn't mind getting together and not playing online. just for old time sakes.

ex) ZSS is sent of the stage and she uses her second jump. then DOWN+B. then can she use her UP b after that?
Kinda like MSN?

and whats ZSS's down B again?

=O Chad, can I like, Live at your house for the week? Ill leave at like 9:30 in the morning and ill be arriving at around 6 in the evening, and ill bring my own food! Sounds good to me =P
YA HOBO!

Levi5

Smash Ace
K did i miss something:

There are tournaments?
Chad is hosting?
When?
Brawl isn't being delayed again?
Sho isn't currently living in MY basement? =P

Infil

Smash Journeyman

Her down B is that sort of side jump thing. You can press A in the middle of it to do an attack (which, incidentally, can spike). And yes, after using all your jumps and then using down B, you can still use her up B... even after you've done down B + the kick. With Diddy, who has a similar move, once you do down B and the kick, you don't get to use his up B. Just using the down B move without the kick is fine, though.

Well, in a week, you all will have your own copies of the game and no one will need me anymore. :( Just remember that I was once cool! ;)

mach5

Smash Journeyman
thanks infil. and in your video i think i saw her wall jump? with down b? or maybe im just tripping. but you like Down B into the wal and then i think you walljumped and down b'd again. or maybe it was just two down b's?

DJT88

Smash Cadet
Hey Guys! Haven't talked to you in a while, but does anyone know if there are any stores in Calgary that are doing midnight launches for brawl? The EB by my place said that they weren't doing it because there weren't enough pre-orders to justify a midnight launch (they need at least 350). My friend and I really wanted to camp for brawl, so if anyone hears anything please tell me. See ya online, and maybe at a tournament sometime soon.

kithkin

Smash Champion
time elimination tournaments? what?

Also, getting the game as early as possible fool.

and yeah, Chinook MIGHT have one too, I'll be able to double check that for you by mondayish aswell.

lemonlau36

Smash Journeyman
Who quotes themselves??! Aaaahhhhhhhhh

It just bothers me. Even though I don't really contribute to this thread, I thought I'd point that out.

Don't worry, you're still cool Sho.

Stevo

Smash Champion
I was thinking the other day that brawl needs a mode called Roy Battle!

Everyone has to be roy, and its the only place where you can play roy.

*in announcers voice* Royyyyy Battle!

brawls almost here YAY

BlueBlueGlassMoon

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, what's up? Not sure if anyone else is as nerdy as me :B, but my EB called and said they'd be holding a midnight release for SSBB. They claimed they were the only ones in Calgary doing it (but give your local EB a call anyways, if you planned on going), and the guy working there seemed pretty excited about it.

The EB is the one at Westbrook Mall. I may see some of you guys there if I decide to go, but I'll probably just end up getting it the next morning. Just thought I'd let you know.

Top Bottom