• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pro Impact BI-WEEKLIES - Calgary, AB

kithkin

Smash Champion
>_>

SOME bowser... and metaknight.

Thing is, I just can't handle matchups yet with bowser, so Pikachu, IC's and Marth all still **** my bowser (although I can beat all three, I just felt more confident switching out for right now untill I learn the matchups better)

So I would switch to MK, Which apparently, everyone hates, but hey, I PROVED you can't just win with MK if you have no skill, because I proceeded to **** everyone elses MK with Bowser.

Soooo.... I guess the point is, I won, not Completely faithful to bowser, but still used bowser I'd say 50% of the matches. and that people can't whine about MK because he's beatable if I can beat him with Bowser.

No, Johns.

kithkin

Smash Champion
They're never really legit, because right now you john about having no experience against characters (the reason I played MK against characters I couldnt play against)

but once you get used to it, you can't john cause you should overcome it.

Johns are never viable!

I gotta find Stu, ****it.

Stevo

Smash Champion
I usually say NO JOHNS in any online game i play... it usually shuts people up, because they have no idea what im talking about lol.

also, have you guys seen how good the japanese are at the game? disgusting.

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
I say no johns a lot pretty much everywhere.

Also, I got owned by Allan and Kevin, but I wreck Brad every time. wtf guys, step your game up.

It's Kirby pretending to be marth. Nothing threatening.

kithkin

Smash Champion
Alex shh.

dont say stupid things like that, you know we're pretty much even (you just have slight advantage win record wise)

I will admit I think you're the better of us two, but come on, you dont wreck me.

kithkin

Smash Champion
ouch, long time Sho.

And its alright Max, theres a lot of "**** just missed it"'s now that people never visit these boards.

kithkin

Smash Champion
its not a john, its not even saying anything that could be a john if I said it differently, merely telling you not to get too cocky star fox, because you dont "whoop" me nessesarily.

WooICYU

Smash Journeyman
I havent had time for brawl in a long time, my badminton team is comming to a close, finished first in divisionals so now i'm in cities.

Levi5

Smash Ace
1.Fail
2.Alex > Calgary
3.Taylor you suck stop playing sports and go to my house someday
4.I bet if I didn't put this Brad would've tried to make a witty remark somewhat resembling what I wrote, but because I said that he won't but because I sad THAT he will etc. etc. etc.

kithkin

Smash Champion
well yeah, you're right, because you directly referenced me.

I'm just wondering... having posting AFTER me, what did you expect me to say?

videocrazy

Smash Rookie
Hi, I would like to ask a couple questions. First, is this still running? Second, are there prizes? Also, can you provide a more specific adress?

kithkin

Smash Champion
hahaha- oh wow.

Okay, lets see what I can field.

The bi-weeklies are not still running, no, D= BUT! tri-weeklies have been annouced, and once Randall is ready, he will begin to host them again.

Generally we tend to make a $5 entry fee and winner gets half of the collected pot.

and address will be provided (with directions too usually) when Randall gets this going again.

If he does not post directions, Myself or someone else will (I would since I promised and dont want to froce someone else)

mach5

Smash Journeyman
Hey i want to throw out a random tournament idea. How about one day we do a round robin with everyone. say we have 12 people. Round robin tournament. 1 match only. then you play for playoffs. so thatway people dont go in and lose twice and feel like a loser play loser brackets and lose twice again. then playoffs 1st vs 4th and 2nd vs 3rd. i feel bad about those people who put 5 dollars in and only get to play 2 competitive matches and then they're playing friendlies all day.

its basically kind of like the pool set up i guess.

then we have like best 2/3 for the play offs. then finals best 3/5

kithkin

Smash Champion
interesting Idea, I dunno if I'd implement it when I'm hosting, only because I'd need to get used to it.

But maybe randall wil consider it.

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
interesting Idea, I dunno if I'd implement it when I'm hosting, only because I'd need to get used to it.

But maybe randall wil consider it.

Uhh...we've done pools at like...the last four or five Pro Impact events...

Hi, I would like to ask a couple questions. First, is this still running? Second, are there prizes? Also, can you provide a more specific adress?
These bi-weekly events have come to a close, but there will be tournaments held every three weeks starting probably some time this summer. Prizes are traditionally cash prizes (drawn from the pool of $5-10 entry fees) split appropriately between 1st, 2nd and 3rd place finishers.

The tricky part is that these tournaments are not based out of SmashBoards, but rather a far superior tournament-oriented website. Click the banner below and bookmark that thread for future information!

kithkin

Smash Champion
I'm actually pretty sure there wasnt at the bi-weeklies.

like the last one was the one sid was at, and there definately wasnt pools.

Just sayin.

ah well, either way, thats why I didnt want to speak for you

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
Haha, well I suppose I can't be held accountable if there's no recollection of my splitting the original pools between two TVs, drawing up the win-loss tables on separate papers, administering one of them and getting Levi to run the pools on TV #2. But there were definitely pools at the last event. Don't make me bust out the tournament results/videos to prove it! :)

kithkin

Smash Champion
oh wait.

There was too. Just I pretty much played them like friendlies.

Now I even remember my pool =/ Me, Levi, Alex, Sho, maybe sid?

Fox Machine

Smash Journeyman
With a year of research I would've thought you made your own lagless HDTV, not just shopped at all the Futureshops and Best Buys until you found the right one.

But good find nonetheless :D

Top Bottom