• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

pro doc combos

anikom15

Smash Apprentice
How do I do pro doc combos? Can someone help me learn to do pro doc combos? I lack siblings which makes it difficult to train....

JipC

Smash Journeyman
watch pros play
look at their combos
copy and keep practicing them, even on cpus
though if you're a new player you should jsut be learning tech skill and fundamentals first

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
watch pros play
look at their combos
copy and keep practicing them, even on cpus
though if you're a new player you should jsut be learning tech skill and fundamentals first
fundamentals first... then tech skill... but usually tech skills come along as you're learning fundamentals

SmashMac

Smash Lord
Use the regional zones area of smashboards to find players and events in your area. You can also use Facebook and search for a smash group in your area to join to meet other Melee players. Nothing is better than tournament and player experience.

If you are unable to practice with others due to circumstances, I recommend playing vs. a level 4 CPU of your choice and on all the neutral stages to practice tech skill and combos with an NPC that at least kind of DIs. Also, search YouTube for videos of the pros. Analyze their videos to see what they're doing, and why they're doing it. See if you can recognize mind-games. Pause the video in critical moments (like recovery for instance) and ask yourself questions as to why each player is doing what they're doing at that specific moment.

Learn smash from an observer mindset. I've found that players that dedicate as much time doing this as they do physically playing the game tend to be the smarter ones, and smarts in most situations always outplays tech.

Last edited:

St. Viers

Smash Champion
The pro-est doc strat (as demonstrated best by Shroomed) is to press B in character select and hover over Zelda before pressing A again :/ (I have nothing useful to add over max and smashmax, so this is all I got

Top Bottom