• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Princess of Insects? Agitha!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeroG

Smash Apprentice
Impa is being represented by Sheik, cause Sheik already presesents everything Impa does?

Okay, since when did Sheik do this:

Your point is already invallid with that. I thought of this thread as a serious joke thread, cause always when some character pops up in a newly announced game, it´ll automatically get a support thread. Figure one would come for Agitha, but c´mon would you really expect Agitha to be chosen over Impa? It´s funny how you say she´s `really bloody popular´ because of Hyrule Warriors. But I guess Impa isn´t? :laugh:

Really, Impa is re-occuring and every role she ever had was probably way more important than the NPC loli girl obsessed with golden buys. Impa has her sure role in the franchise. Agitha will probably only return if they feel like Link has to collect and breed all sorts of golden buys to finally be able to pick and collect all Rupees he makes by cutting grass. She has a real minor role in Twilight Princess, don´t expect her to become a staple to the series. And even if, she´ll just be the side quest bug collecting queen. Yay? Meanwhile, we have Impa with a serious badass sword fighting style ready to be used again in any Zelda game where they´d see it fit to have a well abled body guard for the princess Zelda.

It´s honestly no competition. Sorry to hijack your thread like this, but the Hyrule Warrior of choice will have to be Impa.
I'm just going to say this, Skyward Sword Had a huge emphasis on collecting stuff especially bugs, and A link between world had bees. Agatha was missing in these games she could of easily been put into SS as some sorta of bug efficianato and given us a backstory about how her ancestors became bug Princesses. But she wasn't... (Impa is not in TP because the sheikah are extict since Impah couldn't have kids being a sage and all in OoT)

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Nice pun :p

Anyway, I'm adding an arguments and counterarguments soon (starting now, finishing later) for Agitha, and one of the arguments for her not being in is the point you just posed there, so look forward to seeing that answer!
Please.
After the next mainstream Zelda game (aka, not Hyrule Warriors) which Agitha is in, sure, I'm all for her inclusion.
Til then, Vaati, Impa, Skull Kid.
Sheik is a rather unique argument because she is merely in as she was a part of Zelda until this game.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Sheik also has ONE thing going for her Agitha doesn't.

Being in a very well received and highly loved game. Not only a well received in the notion of Zelda game, but all time game. I think that's why she remains to this day. To rep Ocarina and it's own individual legacy.

jigglover

Smash Lord

Being in a very well received and highly loved game. Not only a well received in the notion of Zelda game, but all time game. I think that's why she remains to this day. To rep Ocarina and it's own individual legacy.
Lol I'm not saying that Sheik should be cut for Agitha, because I would be just as sad at that as you guys would be...

So, Impa is now "original" because she fights with a sword? Ok, maybe that doesn't sound original, but a huge-ass, powerful sword? Ike and Shulk already say hello. We don't really have any summoners in the game. Olimar is a summoner of sorts, and Rosalina is more of a puppeteer. I suppose Pac-Man is also a summoner of sorts as well. However, Agitha would play so incredibly uniquely than anyone else in the franchise. The bugs you send out would be completely random, and that would be amazing. She would also play quite defensively with her butterfly shield, and would have pretty great recovery too with what would basically be either fabulous horizontal or vertical recovery. She would be unique, and would represent sidequests. Impa is one of the main characters, but is also one that, honestly, largely goes unnoticed. She is a prominent part of her series that everyone forgets, and while I know that many of you also forgot about Agitha, if you were truly a huge fan of TP you would remember her. She was always one of the main characters of the game to me because of her music and amazingly detailed design, and I know is someone many people would actually love to be in the game.

Think about it: If Sakurai really wants some Hyrule Warriors representation in this game with a veteran character of the LoZ franchise, is it that :083: for him to skip Impa and put Agitha in because of their playstyle differences? He did the same in the Mario franchise. Bowser Jr. was by far the more prominent and better-known character, and more supported to be included, as well as Waluigi. But Sakurai skipped both of them and just put Rosalina in because of her unique playstyle. Why wouldn't he do the same in Zelda?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Rosalina has a much much much much larger fanbase behind her than Agitha. She had a quicker spike in popularity than maybe any recent new era Mario character. That played a huge part in her getting in over Bowser Jr.

jigglover

Smash Lord
I've added Agitha's Golden Bugs to the OP. My apologies if I missed you or typo'd your name, just let me know and I'll add or change you! :)

I'm just going to say this, Skyward Sword Had a huge emphasis on collecting stuff especially bugs, and A link between world had bees. Agatha was missing in these games she could of easily been put into SS as some sorta of bug efficianato and given us a backstory about how her ancestors became bug Princesses. But she wasn't... (Impa is not in TP because the sheikah are extict since Impah couldn't have kids being a sage and all in OoT)
Agitha is 10. Sure, they could have made a big deal about her being some ancestry and there being a whole kingdom of bugs etc. but I think it would have been largely unneeded, and personally would have made me like Agitha even less. In a future game, either after the happenings of TP or a generation before it with a similar looking Agitha's Mother or other ancestor, I would be all for it. Having Agitha going from one of the last chronologically to the first game chronologically would not have been a good move for Agitha's character. However, there could very easily be another game designed between Twilight Princess and Four Swords Adventures. Why? Well, after TP Linkreturns to Ordon Village, and later departs with Epona from his hometown. The next game in the Child Link timeline is in an entirely new era, the Era of Shadow, and takes place hundreds of years after the happenings of TP. Agitha could very easily play a role in that game. If he reception in the game after TP chronologically is good, then maybe she would get her own story of ancestry. Most Zelda characters don't, but Agitha could!

I also talked about the bees in a Link between Worlds. A golden bee doesn't exist. It might do for Agitha, but putting her in the game just for bees would have been really quite pointless, IMO.

Also, @ majora_787 majora_787 , I noticed you have an Agitha square in your signature. Could I add this to the OP, please?

@ Tree Gelbman Tree Gelbman I didn't argue that Rosalina was pointless to be put in, and while I do agree that Rosalina was also very popular, I swear somewhere Sakurai said that one of the main reasons he put Rosalina in was her unique playstyle. I can't remember where, though.

However, like I have said before, Agitha realistically has a very small hate-base. Rosalina did, too, but I'm just saying that unlike characters such as Ghirahim and Impa, people don't seem to dislike Agitha. This could contribute to her being in smash, too, since people did dislike Bowser Jr. as well, which helped him be skipped in favour of Agitha.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I honestly don't know where you get this impression of people hating Impa? I mean I get you support Agitha over her and that's your subjective opinion and that's all good and fine. And Agitha is quite the unique little character, but don't sprout stuff that's just not true.

Impa's a pretty damn beloved character within the Nintendo circle.

Impa was the key driving force to the expanded roster of Hyrule Warriors and the first character outside of Link to be revealed to be playable. That was for a reason you know? They've could've easily lead with playable Zelda or Midna if they wanted to achieved hype, but they chose Impa instead.

jigglover

Smash Lord
I honestly don't know where you get this impression of people hating Impa? I mean I get you support Agitha over her and that's your subjective opinion and that's all good and fine. And Agitha is quite the unique little character, but don't sprout stuff that's just not true.

Impa's a pretty damn beloved character within the Nintendo circle.

Impa was the key driving force to the expanded roster of Hyrule Warriors and the first character outside of Link to be revealed to be playable. That was for a reason you know? They've could've easily lead with playable Zelda or Midna if they wanted to achieved hype, but they chose Impa instead.
I did say that people don't hate him on these forums, but they do on other forums quite a bit. A lot of them are silly forums like GameFAQs and IGN which I merely browse rather than actually post on, but on other well-known forums people do hate Impa, such as Smogon.

Edit: This is really minor but this also seems like a good way to show Agitha's popularity. Even with someone who doesn't really like the game (she pops up at about 0:50 so you may as well watch from the start.) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIET2DPZrOY

Last edited:

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Every time there's a Hyrule Warriors character announced a support thread pops up for that character.

No one said two words about Agitha until Hyrule Warriors announced her.

This is going to be a terrible trend on these forums, apparently there are a surprising amount of playable characters in Hyrule Warriors, i'd be impressed if someone had a support thread for LOZ characters before Hyrule Warriors announced them. If they come after, then it's just pointless bang waggoning for characters that are being shown well after Smash has finalized the roster.

andimidna

Smash Master

Ocarina of Time may be the best rated Zelda game overall, but Twilight Princess ranks #2 in terms of critiques, ratings, etc.
It's definitely highly loved and well-received too, just less than Ocarina of Time.
And in terms of sales, Twilight Princess actually wins. I believe it sold a little under 8.5 mil and OoT sold a little over 7.5 mil.
It's a big deal too.

----------------------------------
I'm surprised to see Impa talked about so much on here. I'd have bet on detractors bringing up Midna more often.
Or Ghirahim, who it seems most consider to be the Zelda frontrunner.
Looks like people are definitely overestimating Impa's popularity. But that's not all too bad, Nintendo did it too.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Ocarina of Time may be the best rated Zelda game overall, but Twilight Princess ranks #2 in terms of critiques, ratings, etc.
It's definitely highly loved and well-received too, just less than Ocarina of Time.
And in terms of sales, Twilight Princess actually wins. I believe it sold a little under 8.5 mil and OoT sold a little over 7.5 mil.
It's a big deal too.
Agitha for Smash 5/Smash 4 DLC. :troll:

I've gotten used to her inclusion over a while and thought that she would be a great addition. A princess commanding bugs is a great concept and we need more kids in the roster.

D

Deleted member

Personally, as much as I think it will likely never happen, having every playable character from hyrule warriors would be the coolest thing ever. I wouldn't get my hopes up until the day Nintendo moves to a PC type format for Smash and only adds content through updates.:troll: But really, it would be awesome!

jigglover

Smash Lord
Every time there's a Hyrule Warriors character announced a support thread pops up for that character.

No one said two words about Agitha until Hyrule Warriors announced her.

This is going to be a terrible trend on these forums, apparently there are a surprising amount of playable characters in Hyrule Warriors, i'd be impressed if someone had a support thread for LOZ characters before Hyrule Warriors announced them. If they come after, then it's just pointless bang waggoning for characters that are being shown well after Smash has finalized the roster.
Well, I tried making a thread fo Agitha before, but really I couldn't make a good moveset or anythng out of her just being in TP. After she was announced to be in Hyrule Warriors I glances at the screenshots, thought "I could make at least most of a moveset out of them" and just dropped everything and made the thread. I've actually been wanting her in for a while.

Also at this stage I can see the clown in TP who grinds that handle all day being playable in this game. It seems to actually be taking place during Twilight Princess, besides Impa, with Zelda calling out to her most trusted allies at the time to come in and help her protect Hyrule. The Impa are extinct in TP, but besides that you have Agitha and Midna. Don't forget, Agitha lives really close to Zelda in Hyrule Castle Town. I think it's pretty likely that Zelda and Agitha could be friends! ;p

If not, then I will be interested to see if Nintendo tries to put a story in this game where all of the characters are rounded up to fight or join the cause for their own individual reasons. They could also very realistically uust have a character select screen at the start with all of the characters on them, but I think maybe you would just start with Link and Impa, and then you have to go around Hyrule meeting up with characters that maybe Zelda tells you to? I'm confused, though, because I could've sworn I saw Zelda fighting, but now it looks like she's just playing her regular damsel in distress role.

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
She always scared me and is annoying, and that sucks cause i love the bugs side-quest.
Hopefully an smash appareance would make me love her :p so, i support.

FyrianFate

Smash Apprentice
I love the concept in Hyrule Warriors, but maybe it's just me but she seems kind of... clunky. She seems super slow and I feel like something's off with her. Definitely more of a Lana guy, even though I'll try everyone out.

jigglover

Smash Lord
I love the concept in Hyrule Warriors, but maybe it's just me but she seems kind of... clunky. She seems super slow and I feel like something's off with her. Definitely more of a Lana guy, even though I'll try everyone out.
I noticed this about her too, actually, I've got to admit. Personally I think that they're just still refining her character -- I mean, the main reason she feels so clunky, IMO, is the starting lag before her moves, which the other characters lack. It doesn't make any sense to me for Agitha of all people to have it and not the others, so I think it's just a demo thing.

BUT SHE LOOKS CUTE ANYWAY!

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I do think it fits her. She is not a fighter, and her moveset doesn't even look violent, it's just wind blowing enemies. And it's extremely cute.

Well, it doesn't look violent unless an oversized bug slaughters the whole enemy army.

jigglover

Smash Lord
I do think it fits her. She is not a fighter, and her moveset doesn't even look violent, it's just wind blowing enemies. And it's extremely cute.

Well, it doesn't look violent unless an oversized bug slaughters the whole enemy army.
Yes, but you would expect a 10-year old girl to be at least a little bit graceful. I get that she's not really a fighter (not at all a fighter >_>) but she should be able to use her parasol for combo attacks at the very least. It's waving it backwards and forwards in front of her! Just a bit less lag is all I'm asking of her.

I do like how she doesn't do the fighting herself, though, and rather summons her bugs to fight for her. It's a nice little touch and it adds to her character in the game. "Wheeeeee I'm a little girl who loves bugs! :D"

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
The basic combo seems to be basket > parasol > tornado. The moves themselves are pretty slow, but like the other characters, they lead quickly into other moves. They may not be flashy or quick, but maybe it's more powerful?
And she seems quite versatile, like the butterfly giving her a good mobility.

I do like her style. it seems part graceful, part clumsy. It's exactly what I expected, and that's cool.

FyrianFate

Smash Apprentice
Well for the development of a character, sure, clumsy and graceful fits. In the end, I was practically cringing during the video, feeling like it was kind of embarrassing really. As a character? sure. As a playable character? meh

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I do love this as a playable character.

It's different, but all time I spent playing a female custom character with Dampierre's moveset in SoulCalibur 5 probably made that "natural" to me.

jigglover

Smash Lord
Actually I just rewatched it again, focusing a bit more carefully, and actually she doesn't seem quite so bad as before. While her combo has lag (which could pose a problem in much more difficult levels) I noticed against that Dark Nut that she had a nice backwards dodging type attack, though, which means that she might have to play 1 on 1 with dodges and bugs, timing the summons perfectly. She actually seems like a really fun character to play as. That butterfly attack (where she is flying and just suddenly smashes down into the ground) I am actually really looking forward to using, too! It fits her character so well, and it seems pretty powerful too! The other attack where she sends a huge bug forwards from behind her and then another bug running back towards her seems like a really powerful "beat 'em up" style attack, too. I'm seriously looking forward to using her more now after some proper analysis. Moreso than Link and Impa, I think (but I think that Zelda looks really fun, too! ^_^)

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
That trailer made you people.....actually want her more?

She just screams petulant bratty little child. This is why she probably should've stuck to being a side character with few lines.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero

She just screams petulant bratty little child. This is why she probably should've stuck to being a side character with few lines.
Made me curious about how she'd fight. I don't particularly want her for smash. But she'd definitely be unique.

andimidna

Smash Master

Why do Impa fans have to make it so hard for other people to like Impa?
None of your posts here were necessary. Or even close.

-----------------------

I don't feel creative right now, I'll make a moveset tomorrow.

majorasmaskfan

Smash Journeyman
I like her i mean she wont be playable in smash 4 but hey if we do get dlc not all of it should just be cut vets and highly requested characters we need at least one wtf character as dlc so put me on the insect train make it happen people

jigglover

Smash Lord

She's 10, used to leading a peaceful life in Hyrule Castle Town with her bugs, but now is fighting for her life? Of course you'd be a bit petulant at that point! Nothing about that trailer speaks bratty to me though..?

To me, it looks like Hyrule Warriors is going to have 3, or possibly 4 (but the character select scren has only 9 slots) trios of characters, who at the start all have this canon to themselves, which builds up relationships between them, and then they meet either all of the other characters (3 trios) or another triad of characters (4 trios). Because this trio (Agitha, Midna and Lana) were revealed second, it's safe to say that they would meet up with Link, Zelda and Impa in the storyline first. Just imagine the hilarity of Agitha here! People already love her personality and how she talks to Link in TP (I KNOW YOU HAVE BUGS!) and there are so many possibilities to properly develop her character in this storyline. I believe Hyrule Warriors is being co-developed by Nintendo, and not a full 2nd or 3rd party game, right? If that's the case, the story can be developed with no worries about introducing things Nintendo dislikes, because they'll have a say in it during development too! This is great for characters like Agitha, Lana, Midna, and honestly Impa, who haven't had huge roles or character development in several previous games. We all know and love Midna's personality already, though, and we know Agitha's fairly well. Lana has never been seeing before in any game, but we know that Link has a history with the dark witch. Therefore, it's safe to assume he has one with the White Witch too!

Anyway, I want to say that by the end of the game we'll see developments in her which makes her enjoy her Hyrule Warriors experience. She's already grateful (she gave Lana that butterfly as a thank you for saving her, which I just think is the cutest thing in the whole wide world! :3) but Midna kills her butterfly. It's possible that she's sulking over that, which shows in how she moves. From that being in Hyrule Field, it's safe to assume that the clip is near the start of the game.

BUT LOL! Insane theory time... The Black Witch had romantic interests in link. Did Lana too? People already ship Agitha and Link from her one appearance... Does she have romantic interests in Link too? And then Midna pretty much said "I... Love you" at the end of TP but she had to quickly fly into the Twilight to save everything. ARE WE GOING TO HAVE A PUSSYFIGHT BETWEEN LANA, AGITHA AND MIDNA OVER LINK? Actually, I think I would prefer it if Lana wasn't a part of it, and it was just Agitha and Midna fighting, but both of them really like Lana (she saves Agitha for one thing lol.)

Anyway, Agitha's personality in that one clip opened up SO much more for the game and for her personality and character development throughout the rest of Hyrule Warriors! How does this not make you excited!?

jigglover

Smash Lord
The trailer that @ 8-peacock-8 8-peacock-8 linked above was released in English about an hour ago!

You may call it minor, but Agitha did get the neat title "Princess of Insects?"

I also added a new Upwards Smash and Down Special attack, which are in the OP.

Last edited:

FirstBlade

Smash Journeyman
I usually don't stop in threads for characters I don't support but do you people honestly think a non-canon appearance all of a sudden makes a character more likely, especially considering this game will probably have loads of other Zelda characters? Next we're gonna have Fi and Lana support threads.

Also, I hate to be that guy but Agitha does not appear in the same amount of games as Skull Kid, even with the non-canon appearances, check your facts. SK- OoT, MM, TP, Brawl, Smash 4 and LCT. Agitha- TP, Brawl and HW.

All I'm going to say here...

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
I usually don't stop in threads for characters I don't support but do you people honestly think a non-canon appearance all of a sudden makes a character more likely, especially considering this game will probably have loads of other Zelda characters? Next we're gonna have Fi and Lana support threads.

Also, I hate to be that guy but Agitha does not appear in the same amount of games as Skull Kid, even with the non-canon appearances, check your facts. SK- OoT, MM, TP, Brawl, Smash 4 and LCT. Agitha- TP, Brawl and HW.

All I'm going to say here...
Nobody thinks she's likely, they just like the character and support her inclusion. And Lana also has a support thread already, nobody thinks she'll get in, but there's nothing wrong with supporting a character you'd like to see.

FyrianFate

Smash Apprentice
Next we're gonna have Fi and Lana support threads.
I think they'd be delightful additions to the roster. Keep in mind, of course they're unlikely, but we're talking about Sakurai, so anything could happen. Plus, when melee came out, Roy didn t even appear in a FE game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom