• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Princess of Insects? Agitha!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jigglover

Smash Lord
I usually don't stop in threads for characters I don't support but do you people honestly think a non-canon appearance all of a sudden makes a character more likely, especially considering this game will probably have loads of other Zelda characters? Next we're gonna have Fi and Lana support threads.

Also, I hate to be that guy but Agitha does not appear in the same amount of games as Skull Kid, even with the non-canon appearances, check your facts. SK- OoT, MM, TP, Brawl, Smash 4 and LCT. Agitha- TP, Brawl and HW.

All I'm going to say here...
Actually it isn't non-canon. The fact that she is in Hyrule Warriors gives her a recent appearance -- if you want to argue about canon and non-canon, Waluigi is an Assist Trophy and... he has NEVER appeared in a canon Mario game. Hyrule Warriors is canon because Zelda already has a main canon and a side canon, as opposed to a main canon and spin-offs like in most franchises. Dimensions are a thing in LoZ -- just look at Majora's Mask. Link's in Termina, a brand new dimension being savaged by Skull Kid. Is Majora's Mask non-canon? No, it's side-canon. So is Hyrule Warriors.

Also I'll change the point about Skull Kid in the OP. His role in TP, unlike Agitha, was so incredibly unmemorable I kinda forgot him! 9.9

I believe that Agitha will be a member of the smash cast before SSB6. Remember: LoZ hasn't even had a newcomer itg yet. The one thing yet to be represented in Smash is a true side character who's not afraid to fight, of which there are many in the franchise. However, Agitha is one of the most unique and beloved ones, and is a character who would undoubtedly fit fabulously in Super Smash Bros..

Thanks for making the thread high up on the list again, though! ^_^

MESSAGE FOR THE GOLDEN BUGS:
We're up in Rate Your Chances tomorrow! We need everyone to rush in there and show your support as soon as the day rolls over - Agitha needs your help! The Legend of Zelda franchise hasn't done too well in the thread overall; could Agitha be the one to change that?

jigglover

Smash Lord
NEWS UPDATE ABOUT HYRULE WARRIORS; SPOILERS LURKING BEYOND THE TAGS:

http://www.zeldauniverse.net/2014/07/01/minor-spoilers-midnas-role-at-the-start-of-hyrule-warriors/

Midna's an enemy during the start at least in Hyrule Warriors. OK, great, why am I posting this in the Agitha thread? Well... Midna's attacking Agitha at the beginning of the game. Lana comes in and saves her, sure, but Agitha and Midna literally have a ***** fight. And it seems like it's going to be so petty! Midna takes a butterfly and makes it into a Twilit just to tease Agitha! It makes sense seeing as these two are the Twilight Princess girls in the game, but that just makes it so much funnier!

But it also raises even MORE questions. For one thing, where was Agitha being attacked? Nintendo said that Lana rescues her from a horde of monsters of whom she is having difficulty defeating, but why did Lana decide to recruit Agitha onto her cause? It does seem like the two girls would get along great, that is, if one wasn't a slightly creepy bug-obsessed fairly peaceful little girl, and the other a spunky energetic book-loving adventurous woman. You know... they share the female part! I doubt that Agitha would be recruited based on pure skill. While she knows her way around a parasol, on a quest for something as important as the Gate of Souls I certainly wouldn't want the burden of a sweet child on me. Why does Lana choose to take Agitha with her? And will Agitha get revenge on Midna for attacking her, and taking one of her butterflies?

ALL WILL BE ANSWERED IN THE NEXT EPISODE OF HYRULE WARRIORS UPDATE!

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Hey guys, according to this list, how would Agitha's moveset be classified? (hybrid classes are possible):

Zoner - Character whose strength lies in forcing their opponent to stay in a certain area. Ex: :4marth:

Ranger - Character whose strength lies in their ranged attacks to force opponents to keep their distance. Ex: :4link:

Speedster - Character whose strength lies in their speed and ability to overwhelm their opponents with relentless attacks. Ex: :4pikachu:

Trickster - Character whose strength lies in a quirky moveset that is hard to predict and can alter the battle field. Ex: :4villager:

Bruiser - Character whose strength lies in devastating attacks to quickly finish off opponents. Ex: :4falcon:

Resistor - Character whose strength lies in super armor that allows them to tank hits to strike down opponents. Ex: :4bowser:

Puppeteer - Character whose strength lies in overwhelming opponents with relentless attacks stopping opponents from striking back. Strength in numbers. Ex: :rosalina:

Juggler - Character whose strength lies in being able to string combos together to finish off opponents. Ex: :4luigi:

jigglover

Smash Lord
Hey guys, according to this list, how would Agitha's moveset be classified? (hybrid classes are possible):

Zoner - Character whose strength lies in forcing their opponent to stay in a certain area. Ex: :4marth:

Ranger - Character whose strength lies in their ranged attacks to force opponents to keep their distance. Ex: :4link:

Speedster - Character whose strength lies in their speed and ability to overwhelm their opponents with relentless attacks. Ex: :4pikachu:

Trickster - Character whose strength lies in a quirky moveset that is hard to predict and can alter the battle field. Ex: :4villager:

Bruiser - Character whose strength lies in devastating attacks to quickly finish off opponents. Ex: :4falcon:

Resistor - Character whose strength lies in super armor that allows them to tank hits to strike down opponents. Ex: :4bowser:

Puppeteer - Character whose strength lies in overwhelming opponents with relentless attacks stopping opponents from striking back. Strength in numbers. Ex: :rosalina:

Juggler - Character whose strength lies in being able to string combos together to finish off opponents. Ex: :4luigi:
Well the moveset I created doesn't really fall into only one of these chategories. I've got her as sort of a Juggler, Zoner and Ranger, and my moveset is still a WIP.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Well the moveset I created doesn't really fall into only one of these chategories. I've got her as sort of a Juggler, Zoner and Ranger, and my moveset is still a WIP.
Based on the moveset you have created for her thus far, which character would give her the most trouble?

jigglover

Smash Lord
Based on the moveset you have created for her thus far, which character would give her the most trouble?
It's difficult to say, but her biggest threat would probably be :4pit:. Agitha's attacks would have a bit of lag and she would probably be quite liable to gimping (not as much as Bowser or Cpt. Falcon etc.) so Pit and his Palutena's Arrow attack would cause Agitha huge strife. I predict Agitha to be about B tier if she gets in, so I would just say that she would lose to Pit the majority of the time. Of course, her important Down Special attack could be a good way to deflect Pit and to build up a bit more zonal offense. Agitha does require quite a lot on things like her Forward and Side smash attacks to release some projectiles, which once again Pit's arrow attack can kill before they really reach him.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
It's difficult to say, but her biggest threat would probably be :4pit:. Agitha's attacks would have a bit of lag and she would probably be quite liable to gimping (not as much as Bowser or Cpt. Falcon etc.) so Pit and his Palutena's Arrow attack would cause Agitha huge strife. I predict Agitha to be about B tier if she gets in, so I would just say that she would lose to Pit the majority of the time. Of course, her important Down Special attack could be a good way to deflect Pit and to build up a bit more zonal offense. Agitha does require quite a lot on things like her Forward and Side smash attacks to release some projectiles, which once again Pit's arrow attack can kill before they really reach him.
How about up and close characters like :4falcon:?

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
Add me to the supporters list! She would be the perfect 'WTF' character and, if included, would catch many people by surprise. Plus, she would bring something new to the table

Also, @ Oracle_Summon Oracle_Summon ....She would be a Juggler, with a little bit of Trickster imo.

Last edited:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Please provide reasoning as to why you think Groose should make it in over Agitha! :)

And why there are on the same level. Agitha isn't even a one-timer. 9.9
OK
1) Groose has better hair.
2) Groose emits a powerful aura, unlike the creepy one produced by Agitha.
3) Groose created the Groosenator, a legendary machine which helped defeat Demise.
4) Groose has better hair.

jigglover

Smash Lord
OK
1) Groose has better hair.
2) Groose emits a powerful aura, unlike the creepy one produced by Agitha.
3) Groose created the Groosenator, a legendary machine which helped defeat Demise.
4) Groose has better hair.
OK...

1) Pretty pigtails > Ugly gel
2) Groose is comedic, not powerful ._.. Agitha is also just a little girl who wants to be loved ;(
3) Agitha is fighting in a WAR which is taking the best-loved characters from OoT, TP and SS and throwing them onto a battlefield. Most are admittedly girls, though! :p
4) See 1)

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
OK...

1) Pretty pigtails > Ugly gel
2) Groose is comedic, not powerful ._.. Agitha is also just a little girl who wants to be loved ;(
3) Agitha is fighting in a WAR which is taking the best-loved characters from OoT, TP and SS and throwing them onto a battlefield. Most are admittedly girls, though! :p
4) See 1)
I have an idea, let's just have both!
Better than another version of Zelda

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom