• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prince of all Cosmos

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
I hate to be helping the torrent of character ideas clogging up this board, but I do think that The Prince of all Cosmos would make an interesting character to play as. Maybe not Top tier, but definately an interesting character to play with.

I figure that he would walk around by rolling his Katamari around (But not rolling things up) and when he picks up items, they would be "rolled up" to be used with the A button. his A moves would be various attacks by swinging around his Katamari ball, or using it as leverage in punches and kicks.

He would be abut as tall as Kirby (Perhaps taller, though in his game he is only 5 centimeters tall) and his katamari would be slightly larger than himself. I even thought up B moves for him:

B – “Rolling star” As you hold down the B button, you will begin to pick up items and pieces of the scenery (scenery respawns after about 30 secs to a minute). If you get big enough, you can begin to roll up other characters (Escapable). When you release the button, the katamari will turn into a star and any characters caught in the explosion will take damage.
Bup – “Royal Rainbow” The Prince flies up on top of a Rainbow. (move borrowed from King of all cosmos)
Bdown – “Laser Spanking” The prince shoots short-range eye lasers that stun, but have little KB. In the air they are aimed down. (Move borrowed from King)
Bsmash – “Charge Roll” A charging attack. The Prince will begin rolling the Katamari in place as the button is held. When the button is let go, he will charge foreward like Jigg’s rollout.
Super – “Father’s anger” The King appears and showers the stage with damaging lasers.
Taunt – The prince does a little jig as a highly Japanese accented voice clip resounds “C’mon Everybody” Like in the beginning of “Katamari on the Swing.”

Heres a link to Katamari information: Katamari Damacy

I love this game, and it would be cool if Namco put him in (Pacman is more likely though)

EDIT!:

http://news.softpedia.com/news/360-...tiful-Katamari-By-the-End-of-2007-49790.shtml

It'll probably be coming out after Brawl comes out, but this means KD is finally getting some Nintendo love. Perhaps Smash Bros. 4 could be a possibility.

blinks

Smash Rookie
I think it'd be interesting if he could pick up multiple items (so, you roll over a green shell, a red shell, and an umbrella, then you press B to grab the last item on the pile) - it'd really mess with the game mechanics, though, and be worthless in tournament.

Really cool, though.

Oro

BRoomer
BRoomer
It sounds like he'd be a pretty gimmicky, useless character, but I thought the same thing about Ice Climbers. Two people as one character?! It'll never work!

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
I could think of some crazy strategies where you roll up some stars and let them off around the block off where the enemy could go (MAybe the stars stay in one place as they burn, rather than straight exploding. They would smolder in midair for a while after a surge as the star is created. The more stuff you rolled up, the bigger and longer the star smolders.) Then beat up the enemy, juggling them between the smouldering star and his quick, weak A moves. If anything, he might be similar to Bridget and her Yoyo pressure moves in Guilty Gear XX, especially if he gives them a quick "Laser Spanking" stun beforehand.

Any other ideas about Katamari Damacy moves?

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
There was an episode of The Angry Beavers where Dagget has a bowling ball with some bubble gum on it. He'd bat the ball down the lane with his tail, and then because of the gum, it would swing back to him.

I don't think that would be too much of a stretch, if the Prince could elastically stay attached to the Katamari, and hit it at people. It could catch them, and then once they were stuck to the ball, he could hit them, or swing the Katamari into the ground or something, upping their %.

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sadly, no. I'll be the first to admit that Katamari has never appeared on a Nintendo console (Though it would be perfect for the DS)

Edit: Well, thank you. and I hope you aren't too injured from the flattening. :laugh:

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I too am hoping for a DS Katamari game. I've heard that the controls for the PSP verson are terrible.

But what I was talking about dotdotdot, is that the elastic Katamari would be his primary weapon. His weapon is a Katamari, but he can throw it at people, and because it's attached with elastic or whatever, it returns to him with the other character stuck to it. Then, now that he's got the other character stuck to the Katamari, he hits it into the ground, or starts punching them, or whatever.

He could still roll it around conventionally most of the time, but I'm thinking for Smash attacks he could throw it or hit it in directions and have it return with the other characters stuck to it.

Supreme Pie Ninja

Smash Ace
If he appeared in SSBB, I would wet my pants with excitment. But, saying that he wouldn't be top tier, or saying anyone won't be top tier has no point at all. I mean, who would've thought that a Princess showing off her alternate transvestite lifestyle with chicken skewers would be top tier for Melee? ;)

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I <3 Katamari.
We <3 Katamari.
SSBB <3 Katamari?

I'd say a big fat YES. The King of All Cosmos would be so much more hilarious ("their" royal "thing," as "they" call it, would be a weapon in its own right), but the Prince is the far more probable choice. Not only would he be uber fun to use, but it would further the possibility of Katamari on DS or Wii. =)

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
The Katamari stage might be interesting. I see it as a sort of round planet thing that you stand on, that continually spins around. Gravity works like every direction is up. See, you're on top of a globe, so you can run around it, and when you run to the bottom, you don't fall off. Can anyone picture that? Kindof like Kraid's level in SSBM except the sphere has no bumps and you can walk forever without walking off any edge.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
You're thinking of Raphael the Raven's level from Yoshi's Island. As long as it didn't spin to accomodate any one character, that would be really awesome.

Of course, vertical-smashing characters would have the advantage over horizontals, but who cares? :p

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
McFox's Dead Body said:
You're thinking of Raphael the Raven's level from Yoshi's Island. As long as it didn't spin to accomodate any one character, that would be really awesome.

Of course, vertical-smashing characters would have the advantage over horizontals, but who cares? :p
Exactly, wow, I forgot about that level. I need to play that game again.

magar

Banned via Administration
uh ..............................................................................................(thinking).........................................................................
HELL NO!

Pecans

Smash Rookie
His guard could be interesting as well. I, personally, don't much like the bubbles that appear as your shield (save Yoshi). The Prince could use his Katamari as shield perfectly.

givequicheachance

Smash Cadet
Of course, Sakurai said that the only eligible 3rd party characters are those who've appeared on a Nintendo platform. AFAIK Katamari has only appeared on Sony platforms.

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
givequicheachance said:
Of course, Sakurai said that the only eligible 3rd party characters are those who've appeared on a Nintendo platform. AFAIK Katamari has only appeared on Sony platforms.
Thank you, yes, my dreams have already been broken. Thank you for sticking it into the mud.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
What ever happen to X character must be on a Nintendo console? To be fair I guess you could count Pacman World Rally, but thats a stretch. Also Katamari DS waas canned. Also he wont get in. The creator of it is a strict Sony fanboy. He absolutly hates the Wiimote, and I doubt he would allow the Prince to be in SSBB. A unique character yes, but not much else.

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
SmashChu said:
What ever happen to X character must be on a Nintendo console? To be fair I guess you could count Pacman World Rally, but thats a stretch. Also Katamari DS waas canned. Also he wont get in. The creator of it is a strict Sony fanboy. He absolutly hates the Wiimote, and I doubt he would allow the Prince to be in SSBB. A unique character yes, but not much else.
To be fair, This is an old topic, like before we knew that Brawl characters had to be on Nintendo consoles. So you're just being negative for the sake of being negative.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
dotdotdot! said:
To be fair, This is an old topic, like before we knew that Brawl characters had to be on Nintendo consoles. So you're just being negative for the sake of being negative.
Srry did'nt kno it was THAT old. Anyway....
That may be true, but what I did say, for the most part, is true. The creator isn't fond of Nintendo. He could get in since Pacman World Rally is on a Nintendo console, but its like Could in KH, a stretch.

1338h4x

Smash Apprentice
Uh...

As cool as it'd be to have him, Nintendo announced that they would only allow characters who have appeared on a Nintendo system. Katamari has only been on PS2 and PSP.

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
No, he is just too....too Japanese I suppose.
*Executing program = "Auto-Counter argument"
query(Argument) = "too Japanese"

...loading...loading...

*Counter-argument found

*Existing Character found
(Character Bundle = Characters of Japanese sensibility
Character = Pikachu
Character = Jigglypuff
Character = Pichu
Character = Kirby)

*Existing Games found
(Games series = Smash Bros.
Game = 64
Game = Melee)
Country of Origin = Japan
Game Creator = Sakurai
County of Origin = Japan

*Executing program = "Nancy Sniffer"
on user = "The Basement Dweller"

...loading...loading...

*Negative Nancy Detected
user = "The Basement Dweller"
reason = "Repeated rejections of characters for either no reason, or an outright silly reason, or for reasons covered in the 'Negative Nancy' thread"

*Recomended diagnostic =
Go to the stickied thread about "Negative Nancies" and read said thread, absorb information, and find better reason to put down a character next time, or don't say anything at all.

PhantomEdge

Smash Journeyman
Wow that is just weird, even if he could possibly make it in, i do believe he has not been featured in any nintendo systems

Top Bottom