• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
If Krystal is included I think I would be happy with anything that Masahiro Sakurai does, so long as she is not a clone. Her staff seems like the obvious choice, but then again, Bowser Jr. having his paint brush seemed like the obvious choice. Please specify how you think she should play when and if you vote for her. Just in case.

For me, I think I'd definitely be most interested in seeing her use her staff. And I'd love her to have alternate costumes such as the one from StarFox Adventures and also from StarFox Assault. That is how I would love to see her, and using her staff is how I would love to play as her.

BTW...how many of you actually voted for her? I hope that this ballot will pick the top two most voted characters (because they can obviously make two at a time, Lucas is proof of that) or maybe even the top three. That way, Krystal has much more of a chance of coming in, especially with the new StarFox coming. Wolf is cool and all, but we've already seen him. Do people really not want anything new anymore? We just got two veteran fighters confirmed, both from previous iterations.

I did just have a thought though...what if there will be other DLC characters coming, neglecting the ballot? Lucas came disregarding the ballot, it was simply listening to the fans I suppose. What if the plan is to release more veteran fighters already, so that way these votes for someone like Wolf will not count because he is already going to be added regardless. Or perhaps, that's just wishful thinking. Thank goodness we know we are at least getting one more character that most people want.
The general consensus is that Wolf is all but confirmed in theory but nothing is for sure. Wolf is still getting votes. Would be nice if he was confirmed sooner than later so that those of us who really want him too could vote for other characters like Krystal. That said, I voted for Krystal because I believe Wolf is already in the works. I expect him to be announced when we get some significant Star Fox Wii U news probably at E3. And I think that it's not out of the question to get Krystal and Wolf. Star Fox and Donkey Kong are the most likely Nintendo series to get two reps added each, assuming the number of DLC characters we get is at least 6 more characters. Star Fox has a great chance with the fact that Star Fox Wii U is coming and about to launch the series back into the limelight. It would be the perfect time to cash in on a very notably underrepped Star Fox franchise.

The Wolf thread is pretty hype about getting people to vote for Wolf even though a large portion, although perhaps not a majority, of the people there seem to believe Wolf is all but confirmed too. We should try and get some support also, though I don't know how relatively vocal we are.

Btw, I hear lots of people are voting several times. Seems odd that there wouldn't be a safeguard against this practice on the site. I could just see trolls spending several hours voting for the same joke character over and over because they have too much time and not enough respect. I mean, I'd like to vote more but the site says one vote per person. Is it dumb to want to follow those rules? I could vote for other characters or even Krystal a couple more times, but it doesn't feel right to do that latter at least. Assuming I only get one though, I had to vote for Krystal because she's my most wanted newcomer that has a shot but still needs the help.

If I had a couple more votes I'd toss in Dixie, Impa, and Isaac probably. That's about all of who I think has a shot but needs a vote. Characters like Shantae are too obscure and don't have a real chance, Snake has barriers that'll likely keep him out in spite of votes although I could see myself voting for him, and Ridley could get the most votes and still not be playable just because his status with Sakurai is pretty much confirmed to be the way it is.

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
The general consensus is that Wolf is all but confirmed in theory but nothing is for sure. Wolf is still getting votes. Would be nice if he was confirmed sooner than later so that those of us who really want him too could vote for other characters like Krystal. That said, I voted for Krystal because I believe Wolf is already in the works. I expect him to be announced when we get some significant Star Fox Wii U news probably at E3. And I think that it's not out of the question to get Krystal and Wolf. Star Fox and Donkey Kong are the most likely Nintendo series to get two reps added each, assuming the number of DLC characters we get is at least 6 more characters. Star Fox has a great chance with the fact that Star Fox Wii U is coming and about to launch the series back into the limelight. It would be the perfect time to cash in on a very notably underrepped Star Fox franchise.

The Wolf thread is pretty hype about getting people to vote for Wolf even though a large portion, although perhaps not a majority, of the people there seem to believe Wolf is all but confirmed too. We should try and get some support also, though I don't know how relatively vocal we are.

Btw, I hear lots of people are voting several times. Seems odd that there wouldn't be a safeguard against this practice on the site. I could just see trolls spending several hours voting for the same joke character over and over because they have too much time and not enough respect. I mean, I'd like to vote more but the site says one vote per person. Is it dumb to want to follow those rules? I could vote for other characters or even Krystal a couple more times, but it doesn't feel right to do that latter at least. Assuming I only get one though, I had to vote for Krystal because she's my most wanted newcomer that has a shot but still needs the help.

If I had a couple more votes I'd toss in Dixie, Impa, and Isaac probably. That's about all of who I think has a shot but needs a vote. Characters like Shantae are too obscure and don't have a real chance, Snake has barriers that'll likely keep him out in spite of votes although I could see myself voting for him, and Ridley could get the most votes and still not be playable just because his status with Sakurai is pretty much confirmed to be the way it is.
Can't they just track the IP address though and just use your first vote?

I'm not sure though so I just did it a few times, each with a different character

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Can't they just track the IP address though and just use your first vote?

I'm not sure though so I just did it a few times, each with a different character
I'd think so, but it appears there's nothing keeping anyone from voting multiple times. Some sort of script could've been in the site that would read your IP and inform you that you'd already voted. Of course, it says one vote per person and maybe more than one person uses the device you voted from. Also, using another device you could vote multiple times as a work around or even use a proxy if you were really devious and Nintendo site voting was IP determinate. Perhaps they figured it would be too much work to try and control voting that way. Maybe each vote is being recorded with IP associations so that although they're not limiting you, they know exactly how many votes came from your device. I might vote for my other characters later, but I'll wait until I know more.

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07
Well, no mention of Star Fox Wii U. This is good news to me. If I'd seen something today, I'd have been worried they were rushing the game a bit. I'm confident that the delay of Zelda means that Star Fox Wii U will get more dev time and be a better game as a result. I fully expect it to come out later than it is projected. Also means that not seeing Wolf today isn't as surprising. He'll be shown when Star Fox is shown. I'm pretty much betting on it. I mean, if Lucas can make it in, Wolf is certainly at least planned. I wouldn't be surprised if he was being worked on already in fact. There's still a chance he's not though, but because I'm so confident about him, I'm still voting Krystal on the poll. I'll be sure to mention that I expect Wolf in my comments though.

And then NonSpecificGuy mirrored my sentiment in the Wolf thread....

Krystal is fair game for sure.

Again, can't be 100% on Wolf but after seeing Lucas... yeah.

@ Tobias Amaranth Tobias Amaranth

I'm not going to emphasize Adventures. I'll mention the staff as being a outlet for a creative and unique moveset, being sure to mention how it goes best with a physical moveset that utilizes it's "magical" properties.. just to differentiate it from what Palutena does. Really though, I believe one of the best reasons to include Krystal is because of the upcoming Star Fox Wii U game. We don't know yet what new abilities and weapons will be introduced in that game, assuming it develops an on-foot portion. I think the best reference for Krystal may be that game, just so she's relevant to a current game. Her staff is iconic though and although Assault kind of swept it under the rug, it's clear the weapon is special to her character and would be the most obvious way to make her unique. I think it ought to be a part of her moveset while still allowing her character to reference the most current in development game. Would be awesome if the staff made a return in Star Fox Wii U.
Well since they didn't show Starfox Wii U, it's not that much of a surprise. It's a really safe bet and obvious that they will reveal the whole enchilada and the whole nine yards on SF Wii U at E3 2015 since it has been confirmed to be there at the event which is good news for all of us. With Lucas confirmed to be the second character after Mewtwo for DLC and they announced of more DLC characters will be on the way in future after those two, what's to say that when they reveal SF Wii U that Wolf will be the 3rd DLC character they'll reveal for Smash 4? After all, since he was in Brawl and that they managed to get Lucas back into the roster, Wolf's chances to back is even greater. Best of all, with the new character ballot in the official Smash website to request which character we want to see as DLC, this increases the chances of our girl Krystal to be playable DLC. Honestly like you said jahkzheng, the Starfox roster at 2 seems very low and because of all this, the SF roster needs more representatives in the series and Wolf and Krystal are the two logical choices to occur because not only are they popular among the fanbase especially in the Starfox community, but also because of the impending release of SF Wii U later this year(being that is going to be one of the major titles to be showcased this year now that Zelda Wii U is being delayed).

Bottom line is with this character ballot, I already placed my vote on Krystal and included some good reasons why she should be playable in Smash 4 as DLC. We need to spread the word to all of the Krystal/Starfox fans about this to make it happen. She deserves it after a long time coming and at the same time respect the other people's choices of characters they want to see such as King K. Rool, Dixie Kong or Impa. I will continue to place my vote on her in order to make this to become a reality for all of us fans who support her. ^^

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
All I want in life right now is for Wolf and Krystal to BOTH get in. I'd prefer Wolf get in first because he was cut, but I'm definitely voting for both as many times as I can. In short, let's work together here. Vote for Krystal AND Wolf!

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Krystal and Wolf hype !

But not too much, otherwise we could end up disappointed yet AGAIN. In any case I'm asking some people I know to vote Krystal if they can, and I'm also voting on their phones and stuff. i'm not sure about the 1 vote per device/person, what do you do when you are a family of several people?

Hopefully the trolls won't get in the way and Krystal can finally grace our screens in HD.

Captain Hazama

Smash Ace
I honestly see Wolf returning even without our help. But I'll cast some votes for Wolf, since I loved him in Brawl. And I'll do a lot more towards Krystal. I'm just hoping Trolls don't put down on why Krystal should be in this game because of "HAWT!!!" I highly doubt game designers would respect an answer for a character to get in because of that...

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I dunno if they'd really do both wolf and Krystal, but actually that would be the best outcome :)

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Hey what're you doing here I thought you were just gonna give up on the Wii U and get a PS4 because of Sakurai's horrible roster.
Decided to wait it out, Until more DLC was announcedannounced. The way I see it, they are probably going to do the veterans off the ballot, any vote for Ridley, Shrek, Ice Climbers, or even Obama won't count, I am sure Sakurai will throw Shrek and Goku votes out, if Ridley and Roy votes are thrown ou as wellt, that would leave K Rool, Krystal, and Issac,
Wouldn't it be funny if Sakurai trolls us by giving us Issac Clarke from Dead Space, and not Issac from Golden Sun?, Technically he would be giving us a character named Issac,,
I wrote, that Krystal would have excellent moveset potential and that she'd be a great way to promote the new Star Fox game coming out this year

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I could imagine Wolf and Krystal as a Double pack. Wolf would be much easier to develop. It would mostly be updatign his model and balance changes.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
After seeing Lucas "come out of nowhere" I really have to believe that Wolf will similarly be developed for Smash 4 quite quickly too. Like I've said, he regularly had the most or the second most requests of any character post Mewtwo and it would be really hard for Nintendo to notice Lucas's votes and not see that Wolf was right behind him.

And I'm hoping that Japanese poll that had Krystal as the second most requested newcomer holds up well. Trouble with that poll though is that it wasn't taking single votes and most of the Krystal votes came secondary to primary requests. Even so, I like that support. Also, it was only like 400 voters or something so the sample size isn't huge. I think Krystal could definitely get an influx of votes if she's featured in a future Star Fox trailer. At the same time, there will be a percentage of people that will pull they're support for her if Wolf is confirmed just because their only investment was getting a third Star Fox rep. I think the influence of Star Fox Wii U will do much more for her than already having three Star Fox characters would theoretically do to harm her chances. That relevancy is our biggest boon really. Star Fox Wii U. My personal feeling is that if people can still legitimately be casting their votes for another Mario, Pokemon, or Fire Emblem character... then Star Fox can legitimately believe it can at least get two more characters.

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
It looks like Krystal has pretty significant support so far...but not only do we have the other potential newcomers to deal with, we have a long list of veterans that the less active community members seem to favor. A lot of them just stick with what they know, you know?

So I wonder if a campaign would be in order. You know, like the one the K. Rool supporters have put together?

From what I've seen, people start rallying around a character when one of two things happen:
1. That character seems like a near lock to be in Smash. We saw it happen with Chrom and the Chorus Kids back in June (Shulk had a ton of support already), and just recently saw support spring up for Rayman in one day when Omni's hoax was spread around.
2. They hear or see moveset ideas for the character that are compelling enough to make them want that character in.

Through a combination of written and visual means, we could attack both points. The focus would be both on why Krystal would be a likely choice for DLC, and why her moveset potential makes her one of the most compelling choices.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
It looks like Krystal has pretty significant support so far...but not only do we have the other potential newcomers to deal with, we have a long list of veterans that the less active community members seem to favor. A lot of them just stick with what they know, you know?

So I wonder if a campaign would be in order. You know, like the one the K. Rool supporters have put together?

From what I've seen, people start rallying around a character when one of two things happen:
1. That character seems like a near lock to be in Smash. We saw it happen with Chrom and the Chorus Kids back in June (Shulk had a ton of support already), and just recently saw support spring up for Rayman in one day when Omni's hoax was spread around.
2. They hear or see moveset ideas for the character that are compelling enough to make them want that character in.

Through a combination of written and visual means, we could attack both points. The focus would be both on why Krystal would be a likely choice for DLC, and why her moveset potential makes her one of the most compelling choices.
Great idea,

jahkzheng

Smash Lord

If I wasn't as consistently busy with school related stuff lately and if I had a bit more confidence in my abilities... I'd draw up my Krystal moveset ideas like I said I would a while back. I could draw her moves in keyframes and add other frames and make a few gifs perhaps. That's a ton of work though and I haven't attempted anything like that in a long while. Don't necessarily count on it, but it would be fun if I could. Something interesting to throw in a sig perhaps.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Here's a stance change moveset I made for Krystal ages back.

Ok then, here's what I've got for a Krystal two stance moveset.

Krystal is in her assault design but with some flair from her adventures one and an extra holster on her back.

Adventures

B: Ice Spray: A cross between the Ice Climber's Blizzard and Bowser's Fire Breath. Krystal sprays ice continuously and can tilt it up and down. Dwindles after a while
B-Side: Ground Quake: Krystal leap forward and sticks her Staff in the ground, creating a small quake. Can aid recovery.
B-Up: Rocket Boost: Krystal shoots up into the air straight up. Has good knock back at the start and covers a lot of vertical distance but leave her vulnerable afterwards.

B-down: Weapon change: Krystal holster her current weapon (Staff to the back, gun to the hip) and takes out the other.

Assault (Note: Unlike the other SF crew, Krystal keeps her gun out and uses it in her melee attacks {like pistol whips not Mega Man type attacks}, her Smash attacks are short range charge shots)

B: Gatling gun: Fires a lot of shots in a short burst. The lasers themselves cover along distance and spread but is most effective damage wise at close range.
B-Side: Grenade: Krystal throws a grenade forward. Unlike Link's bombs or Snake's Grenades she can't hold and cook them but throws them faster to compensate.
B-Up: Jet Pack Assault: Krystal uses a jet pack to fly freely for 2-3 seconds. She can hit B to fire short range blaster shots. Doesn't cover a great distance and if hit her JP will explode.

What do you think?
And here's Amical's improvment on it.

Let me build on this idea.

KRYSTAL'S MOVE SET:

- Staff Attacks

>AAA:
Krystal punches, then kicks, then swings her staff. (Comes out very quickly, ends fairly quickly. Punch and kick are short ranged, staff swing is medium ranged. Knockback is good and launches forward at a 45 degree angle. Does 12 damage total when fresh. First hit does 2 damage, second does 3, and third does 7. Not a kill move.)
> Dash Attack:
Krystal rushes forward and swings her staff in an upward motion. (Comes out semi-slowly, like Marth's Dash Attack. Long ranged. Knockback is decent and launches forward at a 45 degree angle. Does 8 damage when fresh. Not a kill move.)
> F Tilt:
Krystal stabs forward with her staff. (Comes out almost immediately. Long ranged. Knockback good and launches straight forward. Does 10 damage when fresh. Only a kill move at higher percents.)
> U Tilt:
Krystal quickly spins her staff above her, like a helicopter. (Comes out very quickly, ends very quickly. Medium ranged above her. Knockback is small and launches straight upward. Does 6 damage when fresh. Not a kill move.)
> D Tilt:
Krystal crouches and swings her staff horizontally in front of her. (Comes out fairly quickly. Long ranged. Knockback is minimal and launches at an 80 degree angle forward, allowing for it to combo into itself. Does 5 damage when fresh. Not a kill move.)
> F Air:
Krystal swings her staff vertically in front of her. (Comes out very quickly. Long ranged. Knockback is good and launches straight forward. Does 10 damage when fresh. Kill move, but at higher percents.)
> U Air:
Krystal backflips and slashes above her with her staff. (Comes out almost immediately. Long ranged. Knockback is minimal and launches straight upward, allowing it to easily combo into itself. Does 7 damage when fresh. Not a kill move.)
> D Air:
Krystal stabs her staff downward. (Comes out semi-slowly. Long ranged. Knockback acts as a powerful meteor. Does 11 damage when fresh. Kill move at low percents when off-stage.)
> B Air:
Krystal spins and slashes horizontally behind her, using both hands. (Comes out semi-quickly. Long ranged. Knockback is good and launches straight backward. Does 13 damage when fresh. Kill move.)
> N Air:
Krystal rapidly spins her staff around, forming a circle around her. (Comes out fairly quickly. Medium ranged. Hits multiple times, and the final hit's knockback is minimal, and launches the opponent back in the direction they came from. Does 14 damage if all hits connect when fresh. Not a kill move.)
> F Smash:
Krystal uses both hands to slash the staff diagonally in front of her. (Comes out fairly quickly. Long ranged. Knockback is great and launches straight forward. Does 14 damage when fresh. Kill move.)
> U Smash:
Krystal stabs the staff straight up, and it is surrounded in flames. (Comes out very quickly. Long ranged. Knockback is good and launches straight up. Does 16 damage when fresh. Kill move, but at higher percents. Does fire damage.)
> D Smash:
Krystal stabs the staff into the ground, creating a quake around her. (Comes out semi-slowly. Range extends slightly above her head because of the staff, and it has medium range on either side of her because of the quake. Knockback is great and launches straight forward or backward if it hits with the quake, and launches straight up if it hits with the staff. Does 18 damage when fresh. Great kill move.)
> Neutral B:
Krystal shoots ice from the tip of her staff, like Charizard's fire breath. The angle can be controlled. (Comes out semi-quickly. Long ranged. Knockback works exactly like Charizard's fire breath. Starts at 10 damage per second, and slowly decreases to 1 damage per second. Not a kill move. Does ice damage.)
> Side B:
Krystal takes a great leap forward, flips, and slashes with her staff. Can be used in the air. (Comes out fairly quickly. The jump goes a long distance, and the slash is medium ranged. Knockback is good and launches at a 30 degree angle forward. Does 13 damage when fresh. Kill move, but only at higher percents.)
> Up B
Krystal uses the staff to launch herself up a great vertical distance. Horizontal distance is minimal. Krystal can use aerials out of this move, like Snake's recovery. (Comes out fairly quickly. The jumping motion has a hitbox, which hits multiple times and finally launches forward or backward at a 70 degree angle. This move always does 15 damage if all hits connect. Only a kill move at very high percents.)

DOWN B: STANCE CHANGE
(Krystal changes stances between her Staff Stance and her Assault Stance. The change starts on frame 1 and ends on frame 5, allowing for a quick transition. If she is holding her staff, she puts it in a sheath on her back, and pulls out a blaster from a holster on her hip. If she is holding the blaster, she puts it in its holster and draws her staff.)

- Assault Attacks

> AAA:
Krystal swings her blaster in front of her, punches, and then kicks. (Comes out fairly quickly, ends fairly quickly. Swing is medium ranged, punch is short ranged, and the kick is medium ranged. Knockback is decent and launches forward at a 45 degree angle. Does a total of 13 damage when fresh. First hit does 3 damage, second hit does 4, and third does 6. Not a kill move.)
> Dash Attack:
This is one of Krystal's very few real "clone" moves. It is exactly the same as Fox's Dash Attack.
> F Tilt:
This move looks the same as Falco's F Tilt. However, the only difference is in knockback: it launches straight forward, does 10 damage when fresh, and is a kill move at higher percents.
> U Tilt:
Krystal does a quick backflip, kicking above her with both legs and landing gracefully back on her feet. (Comes out very quickly. Medium ranged. There are two hits, one for each leg, and the second kick has good knockback that launches straight upward. Does 12 damage when fresh if both hits connect. Kill move at high percents.)
> D Tilt:
Krystal crouches down and swings her legs in front of her. (Comes out fairly quickly. Medium ranged. Knockback is decent and launches at a 45 degree angle forward. Does 7 damage when fresh. Not a kill move.)
> F Air:
Krystal kicks, spins, and kicks again in quick succession. (Comes out fairly quickly, ends semi-quickly. Medium ranged. Knockback is good on both hits, making it much harder to air dodge, and launches straight forward. Each kick does 7 damage when fresh. Kill move at higher percents.)
> U Air:
Krystal backflips and throws a grenade a very short distance above her, creating a medium-sized explosion. (Comes out semi-slowly. Long ranged. Knockback is great and launches straight upward. Does 15 damage when fresh. Kill move.)
> D Air:
Krystal throws a quickly-exploding grenade beneath her, creating a medium-sized explosion. (Comes out semi-quickly. Long ranged. Knockback is decent and launches straight up, but only about enough to get opponents above her head a short distance, allowing this move to lead into her N Air, which will be explained shortly. Does 9 damage when fresh. Only a kill move at very high percents.)
> B Air:
Krystal spins and kicks behind her. (Comes out very quickly. Medium ranged. Knockback is good and launches straight backward. Does 10 damage when fresh. Only a kill move at higher percents.)
> N Air:
Krystal does the splits and a backflip at the same time, creating two hitboxes spinning around her. (Comes out very quickly. Medium ranged. Knockback is decent on both legs, launching in the direction that the opponent came from. Each leg does 10 damage when fresh. Not a kill move.)
> F Smash:
Krystal leaps forward with a spinning kick. (Comes out fairly quickly. The leap carries her a short distance, and the kick is medium ranged, lasting for the entire leap. Knockback is good and launches forward at a 30 degree angle. Kill move at higher percents.)
> U Smash:
Krystal does an uppercut, and when the opponent is above her, she throws out several grenades toward them, which create a big explosion. (The uppercut comes out semi-quickly, and knocks the opponent straight up, only slightly above her, and it only does 1 damage. However, it stuns the opponent long enough so they cannot do anything while Krystal quickly throws the grenades at them. The grenades come out immediately after the uppercut. They create a large hitbox above her, like Lucas's U Smash. Knockback is a bit stronger than even Fox's U Smash, launching straight up. The grenades do 20 damage when fresh. Definitely a kill move. However, if Krystal misses with the uppercut, she will still throw grenades, and the cool down is laggy, so she can be punished hard for it. But if the uppercut DOES connect, then the grenades will always hit, no matter how the opponent DIs.)
> D Smash:
Krystal plants a sensor bomb. (Comes out semi-slowly. The bomb will explode when a player steps on it. Knockback is good and launches straight up. Does 12 damage always. Kill move at higher percents.)
> Neutral B:
Krystal shoots her blaster. The lasers are green. (Comes out fairly quickly. The lasers can shoot slightly faster than Falco's. Knockback is minimal, stunning the opponent for half a second. Always does 3 damage per laser beam. Not a kill move.)
> Side B:
This move has two effects.
If the player is already holding forward and then presses B, Krystal will quickly throw a grenade. (Comes out fairly quickly. Grenade launches as far as Snake's do when thrown normally. They explode after 2 seconds. Knockback is decent, launching the opponent in a random direction upward, but not downward or to the sides. Always does 8 damage. Not a kill move.)
If the player presses forward and B at the same time, then Krystal pulls out a missile launcher and fires a missile. (Comes out semi-slowly. The missile itself travels very quickly, and will explode after ten seconds if it doesn't hit anything. On contact, knockback is good, and launches the opponent in the same direction that the missile hit from. Always does 15 damage. Kill move at higher percents.)
> Up B:
Krystal pulls out a jet pack and is able to fly around freely for five seconds. After the five seconds, she free falls. This move can be cancelled into her aerials, but has no hitbox. (Comes out semi-quickly.)

-Throws (Both Stances)

> Normal Grab
Krystal lunges forward and grabs, giving her grab range similar to something between D3's and Marth's.
> Dash Grab
Krystal's Dash Grab has a much shorter range.
>Pummel
Krystal punches the opponent with her staff in hand. (Always does 1% per pummel. Pummels are moderately fast.)
> F Throw
Krystal throws the opponent into the air slightly, then slashes with her staff. (Knockback is good and launches forward. Does 10 damage when fresh. Kill throw at higher percents.)
> U Throw
Krystal throws the opponent up into the air and shoots them multiple times with her blaster, like Fox's U Throw. (Does 7 damage when fresh. Not a kill throw.)
> D Throw
Krystal slams the opponent on the ground and shoots them with her blaster, popping them into the air a short distance. (Does 10 damage when fresh. Not a kill throw, but good for leading into other attacks.)
> B Throw
Krystal tosses the opponent behind her, then spins and slashes with her staff. (Knockback is good and launches straight backward. Does 8 damage when fresh. Kill throw at higher percents.)

- Miscellaneous

> Normal Get-Up Attack
Krystal spins around, swiping her staff on either side of her. There are two hitboxes.
> Get-Up Attack above 100%
Krystal slowly stands and stabs with her staff on either side of her, first in front, then behind.
> Ledge Attack
Krystal flips onto the stage, swinging her staff in front of her.
> Ledge Attack above 100%
Krystal slowly gets up, flips and kicks in front of her.

Final Smash: Demon Sniper
Krystal pulls out a demon sniper from thin air, and fires it across the stage. The bullet works like Marth's FS and Zelda's FS combined, going through everything. It instantly kills anyone in its straight path.

Play Style:
Krystal is a character that allows you to choose between two options while fighting: A ranged fighter, or a close ranged fighter. While in her Staff Stance, she is mainly a horizontal killer. Your objective is to space your opponent with her staff, similar to Marth's style. She can rack up damage in this stance with her good speed and range. Good pokes for her are her F Tilt and D Tilt. While in her Assault Stance, she becomes a vertical killer. Your objective is to control the stage with her sensor bomb and grenades, stop approaches with her missile launcher, and rack up damage with her swift attacks if your opponent gets too close. Her U Smash will easily kill around 100% on most characters with no DI, but it is high risk, so it should only be used when the timing is absolutely perfect. However, her melee range is shorter than that of her Staff Stance.

Other Comments:
All her moves in her Staff Stance have more priority than the moves in her Assault Stance.
Krystal is a medium weight character.

Behold, the most extremely unique and versatile character of all time: Krystal.

Last edited:

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Think if I draw something up it'll be my original moveset ideas since it'll be hard enough to be motivated anyways with that much work. Plus it's just easier for me to visualize. I've actually done some research into Krystal's moveset potential for a long while now. Rest assured, there's lot of things I'm open to and hadn't thought of much and these movesets are a great source... and of course I'd mostly focus on staff play. Got a couple big school projects I'm juggling atm but I could start on some drawing ideas maybe. Would just be sketchy though since my tablet driver hates my computer and has for a couple years. Or I could work with vectors if I really wanted to test my patience, heh.

People should push to get her rendered by that guy who did Rayman.

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine

you give me a idea...however it'd require a-lot of planning.

Tobias Amaranth

Smash Apprentice
I'm trying to talk Luminosion (talented Krystal artist) into cooperation with Dwight (Mr. Krystal from Krystal's Archive) and doing a promotional campaign built for spreading around social media. There's a definite interest there, it's a matter of getting everyone on the same page, though.

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
People should push to get her rendered by that guy who did Rayman.
That'd be pretty incredible, if it was possible. I'm not sure how we could convince him, though, unless he already supports her.

There's a definite interest there, it's a matter of getting everyone on the same page, though.
And therein lies the tough part. Maybe we should scout the K. Rool thread and see how they were able to put their kampaign together?

you give me a idea...however it'd require a-lot of planning.
Well, if there's one thing a tactician is good at, it's planning.

@ Delzethin Delzethin

Just refreshed this page upon returning and this is what your sig looked like. Heh, maybe it's a sign!~

Heh. We can only hope.

Why is everything in that image center-aligned?

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
That'd be pretty incredible, if it was possible. I'm not sure how we could convince him, though, unless he already supports her.
He's taking requests. It's not that he'd need to be convinced, it's that it would be difficult to get in a request among many many others. He probably already has a waiting list, but I don't know.

Why is everything in that image center-aligned?
The site does this sometimes when I refresh the page. Not sure if it's Chrome's fault or what. It is weird though and gets to be a tad annoying so I'm happy when it goes away. May have something to do with the page not loading entirely too since stuff like broken image links are more common when the center align thing is plaguing Smashboards for me.

Last edited:

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07
After seeing Lucas "come out of nowhere" I really have to believe that Wolf will similarly be developed for Smash 4 quite quickly too. Like I've said, he regularly had the most or the second most requests of any character post Mewtwo and it would be really hard for Nintendo to notice Lucas's votes and not see that Wolf was right behind him.

And I'm hoping that Japanese poll that had Krystal as the second most requested newcomer holds up well. Trouble with that poll though is that it wasn't taking single votes and most of the Krystal votes came secondary to primary requests. Even so, I like that support. Also, it was only like 400 voters or something so the sample size isn't huge. I think Krystal could definitely get an influx of votes if she's featured in a future Star Fox trailer. At the same time, there will be a percentage of people that will pull they're support for her if Wolf is confirmed just because their only investment was getting a third Star Fox rep. I think the influence of Star Fox Wii U will do much more for her than already having three Star Fox characters would theoretically do to harm her chances. That relevancy is our biggest boon really. Star Fox Wii U. My personal feeling is that if people can still legitimately be casting their votes for another Mario, Pokemon, or Fire Emblem character... then Star Fox can legitimately believe it can at least get two more characters.
I'm thinking the same way as you are to what is going on of Wolf that he could be in the works now for Smash 4's DLC after Lucas since he was after a fan fave in Brawl for the veteran fighters not to mention that they already have the moveset for him as he needs to be. I think that what's going on now is that we'll see some veterans(maybe 1 or 2 more veteran fighters) coming back for Smash 4 DLC and the rest of the DLC is just newcomers which is where Krystal comes in while people want to see some "new" blood in the roster. And yes, once they reveal SF Wii U at E3 in June, it generates more possibilities of having the Starfox roster to get more reps besides just Fox and Falco and even Sakurai is probably aware of the fact now of SF Wii U heading on the way to the Wii U later this year and they would Krystal and Wolf for DLC as a promotion which not only will bring the SF series back into the limelight, but also relevant once again.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
He's taking requests. It's not that he'd need to be convinced, it's that it would be difficult to get in a request among many many others. He probably already has a waiting list, but I don't know.

The site does this sometimes when I refresh the page. Not sure if it's Chrome's fault or what. It is weird though and gets to be a tad annoying so I'm happy when it goes away. May have something to do with the page not loading entirely too since stuff like broken image links are more common when the center align thing is plaguing Smashboards for me.
Let's just hope one of those requests was Krystal, I actually think I asked him to do it a while ago but that'd still be a while

Demented Dex

Smash Cadet
It's been a while, folks. I'm glad to see that you're all still optimistic about Krystal's potential inclusion, seeing as it's more probable now.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Smash has a lot of styles of combat not represented. Krystal could do the Bo-Staff/Spear style pretty well. And before you say, no Palutena doesn't have a staff, it's a scepter, she's a goddess for Palutena's sake.

DeNice

Smash Cadet
NNID
DeNice1776
3DS FC
2509-1398-2342
Heya, guys once again. I... actually didn't think we'd still be here this late into "overtime", if you know what I mean. Man, I actually sorta want off this ride, lol, this whole situation is getting crazy. First the almost obvious setup for the main game that wound up not panning out well... then the tease of DLC with Mewtwo in October. Personally I sorta made peace with the stated possibility that Mewtwo would be the only DLC character, but that last direct on the 1st just went on and opened the flood gates even more wide than they ever had been. This all is almost 'too' fortunate for Krystal with all these potential chances; it's like she's on a tight rope, almost falling off but somehow managing to keep going forward. To be honest, I'm excited yet fearful at the same time. This whole thing with DLC characters for Smash actually being a thing now catapults this game clear into uncharted waters, and unlike any other game before it in the series, I can't really comfortably predict just how far Sakurai and his boys & girls are gonna take this venture. At first I was worried that they'd be only like 4 or so DLC characters (2 already locked at Mewtwo and Lucas) but when I see the Ballot deadline is all the way in freaking October, I just beg to question just how many potential DLC slots they're aiming to fill with this. Obviously it can't be a tiny amount... Maybe 6-8? How many characters can the 3DS version take (I won't underestimate it's ability)? I can't tell, but one things for sure, I'm almost certain from the bottom of my soul that they're already working on Wolf as we speak right now. He just seems like the perfect next-in-line; E3 is in June, right along with Lucas' release, they already have a build and resources to use for his character and obviously it would tie in with a possible Star Fox U reveal.

As for the task at hand, I've already put in a couple of requests regarding Krystal in the Ballot to try to put her in a positive light (also shot one for Tails from the Sonic series, but I doubt it'll happen). From what I'm hearing she's actually holding her own as far as suggestion strength is concerned. When I look at the other main characters being asked, I feel she's going up against a lot of characters that either already have their shoes filled on the roster (Lucina/Ike for Roy, Pikachu double so for Pichu), characters that already 'had their fates' sealed' for the most part (Ridley in Pryosphere, Ice Climbers due to 3DS unless they totally rework their playstyle/limit just one Climber to use at any time), and, of course, the famous Solid Snake (and who knows how that'll go considering how Konami's been lately with Kojima.) Despite all that... I'm actually surprised she's fairing this well. I obviously know that Nintendo isn't going to just rally up the total and take the 'top characters no matter who they are'. It's more of a suggestion box to see which ones not only are popular but have potential to be added. Even if the ballot is filled with troll entries they'll sort through and come up with a reasonable assessment of characters to look over. Outside of K. Rool, Dixie (who I also support), and Paper Mario (...I mean, I understand why he'd be different and he even has a 3DS stage, but wow, 3 Marios on top of Luigi and Wario is just overkill), as far as straight up newcomer potential is concerned, I think this time may just be it for her to be noticed. I thought I'd see LoZ's Impa more up there in the cards but apparently not. Regardless, I solely in Krystal's corner now and hope for her chance to get the call. She just needs one chance and maybe the entire outlook on her as a character will change once she's thoughtfully converted into Smash proper. I wish her the best of luck.

Last edited:

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
If this campaign actually becomes a thing, we should have a name. Cerinian Sunrise? Or maybe something a little more obvious as to what it's for...

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
If this campaign actually becomes a thing, we should have a name. Cerinian Sunrise? Or maybe something a little more obvious as to what it's for...
In the Brawl Hype Days the campaign for Krystal was known as "the grape staff" (minus one letter) so we'll need something more tasteful.

SilverWolf7

Smash Apprentice
The only character I personally want more than Krystal is Banjo-Kazooie. Which is looking increasingly plausible now. Any harm in throwing in some votes for them on my part with different devices in addition to my Krystal votes? :p

I just hope that we get more than one character. I don't care if it takes two years, as long as there is more than one I will be pleased with that. Having Rayman, Krystal and Banjo-Kazooie all together would be a dream come true for me.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
The only character I personally want more than Krystal is Banjo-Kazooie. Which is looking increasingly plausible now. Any harm in throwing in some votes for them on my part with different devices in addition to my Krystal votes? :p

I just hope that we get more than one character. I don't care if it takes two years, as long as there is more than one I will be pleased with that. Having Rayman, Krystal and Banjo-Kazooie all together would be a dream come true for me.
The problem with Banjo-Kazooie are that they are now owned by Microsoft, and I doubt MS will let Nintendo use them for Smash

SilverWolf7

Smash Apprentice
Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion

SilverWolf7

Smash Apprentice
That's just one side of the story though, Why would nintendo want to promote competing companies?
It's also the first day, as of today, that this news came out. But that's an interesting question...let's ask Nintendo why they allowed Snake in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, or why they allowed Rayman as a trophy (doesn't matter he's not playable, that's promotion of a character, representation) in Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS.

It is definitely possible, that Banjo-Kazooie will come to this game.

Last edited:
Top Bottom