• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Yeah, I think the "Smash Bros. 6" thing is the team they're putting together for DLC stuff. If that's true, then we could be looking at some pretty extensive DLC. Good news for us.

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
Yeah, I think the "Smash Bros. 6" thing is the team they're putting together for DLC stuff. If that's true, then we could be looking at some pretty extensive DLC. Good news for us.
Agreed.

At the same time, DLC really is the last bastion for characters getting in. After that, it's GG.

Hope for the best, anticipate the worst.

At this point, if I see Krystal, K. Rool, and Isaac as playable DLC, I'd think I'd die of sheer joy.

Last edited:

Captain Hazama

Smash Ace
Hopefully Sakurai doesn't get blamed for the DLC's that were chosen to get in. That man has suffered enough from fans threats and rage, to his own personal health. Yes I'll admit it, I'll be upset if Krystal, Impa, King K. Rool, or (a very unlikely chance, but still hopes) Shantae in. But even if they aren't chosen, and others make it instead, I'll be happy, but not as happy like the four I wanted.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Hopefully Sakurai doesn't get blamed for the DLC's that were chosen to get in.
I don't think anyone's going to be that mad. Ridley was confirmed as stage boss, and no one's that mad about that either. Its a shame, but that's it.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Ridley has no chance of being DLC, though Krystal probably will be DLC, there's just too many factors pointing towards it, 1). Her not being featured in the 50 Facts secret taunt clip, and 2). New Star Fox game in 2015, I thought of something, what if Wolf is unlockable by registering Star Fox Wii U, and what if by preordering Star Fox Wii U, you get early access to the Krystal SMASH DLC, before anyone else

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine
Let's give sakurai a break I mean he's been working on this smash since atleast 2011. Anyways onto the point. So lately a theory of mine is what's with them showing the guidance chats with kid icarus but not the orbital gate chats. Simple, a important detail that could be spoiled (or just the fact guidance didn't really hint at anything) but yes they haven't unlocked all content now of you ask me will probally know about this 3 days early (alot of games do this) so that means 18th-20th of November. But cities has brought up a important detail with that comment string. Now time to get into a second theory if that one fails and this is for 2015. So I would suppose with a gc adapter we know something is possible now which is a gc virtual console. Now with rumors of a 64 one as well this is kinda suspicious why? Well snes had sf1, 64 was on the 64, and assault and adventure where on the GameCube. Generally 64 will probally have the most likely chance of happening however because where talking about money and krystal here I suppose adventures and assault are wanted. Anyways my point? Theory 1=Spoiler hint for dlc. And Theory 2=A huge plot for star Fox. Also this leak/rumor has happened...

Attachments

Old School Tommy

Smash Cadet
I guess they brought back the SF64 actors for Smash 4 to appease to those who put SF64 on a pedestal.

@ IanTheGamer IanTheGamer 1. Maybe they just wanted to show the ones before Krystal joined the team. We didn't get much from that GameXplain gameplay vid either (Greninja didn't last long). 2. Not much is known about this "upcoming game." Can't see how it helps.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
I guess they brought back the SF64 actors for Smash 4 to appease to those who put SF64 on a pedestal.

@ IanTheGamer IanTheGamer 1. Maybe they just wanted to show the ones before Krystal joined the team. We didn't get much from that GameXplain gameplay vid either (Greninja didn't last long). 2. Not much is known about this "upcoming game." Can't see how it helps.
You sir, can take your bias for Star Fox 64, out of here,

Old School Tommy

Smash Cadet
You sir, can take your bias for Star Fox 64, out of here,
I actually like the Star Fox series (Adventures included), I'm just not the type who treats SF64 as "the greatest game of all time" ...like those who say "the series should go back to its roots."

That worked out well for SF64 3D. *sarcasm*

I want Krystal as a playable character. You telling me to leave a support thread... that's smart on your end. *smh*

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Alright. I'm glad we FINALLY have clarity.

I can rest peacefully now.

The ol' marketing theory's verdict has been handed down:

INNOCENT.
Honestly, that was very stupid by Sakurai, he should have known that the 3DS' limitations would drag down the Wii U version, he should have made both games seperate in every way, this is the exact thing we were afraid of, once we heard the "both games are going to have the same roster" news, if Wii U Smash flops, blame Sakurai's stubbornness

Last edited:

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
Honestly, that was very stupid by Sakurai, he should have known that the 3DS' limitations would drag down the Wii U version, he should have made both games seperate in every way, this is the exact thing we were afraid of, once we heard the "both games are going to have the same roster" news, if Wii U Smash flops, blame Sakurai's stubbornness
If they'd put all of their focus on just the Wii U version alone, there probably would have been a lot more content, and perhaps a few more characters too.

Ah well.

That was their choice.

I don't think Smash Wii U will flop, though.

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine
If they'd put all of their focus on just the Wii U version alone, there probably would have been a lot more content, and perhaps a few more characters too.

Ah well.

That was their choice.

I don't think Smash Wii U will flop, though.
Yeah it wont but alot of time went into the wii u version I mean look at the 50 fact extravaganza plus I don't know of alot of companies who would bring back a fan favorite character for the community and hold tournaments for it.

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
If I'm going to be honest now, I don't think Krystal or K. Rool will ever get in as playable characters anymore.

They'd require Nintendo to delve into more intricate origins provided by Rareware. That's probably too much work for Nintendo. If it's not too much work, then these characters just aren't that important to Nintendo. I suppose the latter is the more plausible scenario--just look at how Krystal and K. Rool are treated by Nintendo:

Krystal's role as a character has been historically reduced since her origin from Dinosaur Planet (thank you Miyamoto). This has caused a lot of people to loathe her appearance in Star Fox, because it seems all she does is serve to be Fox's love interest (again, thank you Miyamoto).

K. Rool is AWOL in the DK series. In fact, when asked about K. Rool, Miyamoto has responded once along the lines of:

"Do we have to include (King K. Rool) in Donkey Kong? Can't we just make some new cool set of villains for the series?"

I'm also still believing Mewtwo will be the only DLC as a "minimalistic" trap to get people to buy both the 3DS and Wii U. I'll continue to believe this until they show another character as DLC in the future.

Also, to be honest, I wouldn't be surprised at all if the DLC was just reserved for veterans.

I'm assuming the most boring possibility.

Last edited:

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
I don't see how viable it'd be to do veteran-only DLC, actually. At this point, many of the veterans still in limbo wouldn't bring much to the table:

-Wolf seems the most viable of them. Fox borrowed one of his specials, but he still has a potential niche. Being a semi-clone could hurt his chances, though.
-Ivysaur's niche of a character with nature powers hasn't been grabbed yet...but there'd be concerns of over-representing Gen 1 since 2/3 of the current Pokemon characters are already from there. Wouldn't it be better to bring in a fresh face from a generation that hasn't had a playable character yet?
-Lucas could be viable as well (especially with his sudden resurgent fanbase)...but tougher to justify, since his franchise has officially ended and Ness already has his specials as alternates.
-There's the Ice Climbers...but as we know, they couldn't get them to work right on the 3DS version without overloading the processor whenever multiple versions of them were playing at once. Would they be willing to risk figuring out how to keep them from causing lag when they couldn't figure it out before and still might not be able to? If they had to strip away some of their mechanics, would people still be interested in them?
-Squirtle seems out of luck. Greninja took over the niche of Pokemon-with-water-powers, and arguably does it in a more interesting way. Squirtle's only real draw now would be Gen 1 nostalgia...which isn't enough, since we have four Gen 1 mons on the roster already.

And then we have the characters who'd be outright vestigial. Roy and Young Link would serve hardly any purpose that Lucina and Toon Link already serve, and Pichu is outright disliked by the majority of the fanbase.

Overall, I couldn't see more than two veterans, three at the most, being viable enough...and they likely wouldn't get people's attention as much as newcomers would, especially if they were characters returning to the spotlight again.

That would be Krystal's key. If she's in the new game in any significant fashion, she's relevant again. From there, all it'd take was for the developers to notice--or for the fans to make known--her high moveset potential and how well she'd lend toward a completely unique playstyle, from a franchise whose only playable characters in Smash so far have felt similar to each other.

In a way, she's like Star Fox's counterpart to Robin...and we saw how that turned out.

Last edited:

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace

Is 12 years enough time? For some people, I suppose not... *looks at Lucario, Shulk, Rosalina, and Dark Pit...*

Lots of source potential here, folks. It's a shame this time-frame of Star Fox seems to be ignored. Why?

Why is there absolutely zero content from this Star Fox time-frame in Smash (not just talking about Krystal here either)? Is Nintendo ashamed of it? Do they view it as "not successful"? Is it because fans got overworked and divided by the different gameplay?

Would someone care to explain why Adventures is completely overlooked by Smash? Recency is not a reason. If recency was the reason, you'd need to explain to me the Smash representation of Star Fox 64, as well as much of the older games from different franchises. If you tell me it's because "such and such" is "iconic", and "the other thing" isn't "iconic", that's not a reason either. That's just favoritism, in a different light.

Tell me...

If Smash Brothers is supposedly a celebration of the franchises, why does it selectively celebrate certain parts of the franchises?

Why not provide us with a sweeping historical perspective of each included franchise? That'd be cool.

I suppose the same could be said about Mother and F-Zero...

Hmm.

Is it impossible to do a sweeping historical perspective of every included franchise?

Last edited:

ImOnlyHereToTalkStarFox

Smash Journeyman

Is 12 years enough time? For some people, I suppose not... *looks at Lucario, Shulk, Rosalina, and Dark Pit...*

Lots of source potential here, folks. It's a shame this time-frame of Star Fox seems to be ignored. Why?

Why is there absolutely zero content from this Star Fox time-frame in Smash (not just talking about Krystal here either)? Is Nintendo ashamed of it? Do they view it as "not successful"? Is it because fans got overworked and divided by the different gameplay?

Would someone care to explain why Adventures is completely overlooked by Smash? Recency is not a reason. If recency was the reason, you'd need to explain to me the Smash representation of Star Fox 64, as well as much of the older games from different franchises. If you tell me it's because "such and such" is "iconic", and "the other thing" isn't "iconic", that's not a reason either. That's just favoritism, in a different light.

Tell me...

If Smash Brothers is supposedly a celebration of the franchises, why does it selectively celebrate certain parts of the franchises?

Why not provide us with a sweeping historical perspective of each included franchise? That'd be cool.

Hmm.

Is it impossible to do a sweeping historical perspective of every included franchise?
I see your point even Mario uses the Flood from sunshine yet not even fox uses the staff from adventures. (Even though I'd prefer Krystal using it a lot more.)

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
I see your point even Mario uses the Flood from sunshine yet not even fox uses the staff from adventures. (Even though I'd prefer Krystal using it a lot more.)
Well, according to the lore provided by Adventures, Krystal refers to the staff as hers.

It'd make much more sense if she were to use it instead of Fox.

I know Fox uses the staff in Adventures. That was Miyamoto's decision.

However, Fox DOESN'T use practically ANY of his Smash moves in ANY of the Star Fox games.

So...

If Krystal DIDN'T use the staff in Adventures, she could STILL use the staff in Smash Brothers.

~8 years of arguing about whether or not Krystal would use the staff was solved with one post.

Last edited:

Captain Hazama

Smash Ace
Maybe Sakurai just can't see the potential in K. Rool and Krystal like we can? Even though that sounds dumb to even say. But there has to be a reason why he doesn't put them in. If its just because they are created by Rareware, that seems like poor form to exclude them. Also so far, we haven't seen any team conversations of the Star Fox Orbit Stage yet, (unless I haven't been looking hard enough, then forgive me.). We'll see if Krystal looks any different from that compare to her 3DS trophy.

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
Hopefully Sakurai doesn't get blamed for the DLC's that were chosen to get in. That man has suffered enough from fans threats and rage, to his own personal health. Yes I'll admit it, I'll be upset if Krystal, Impa, King K. Rool, or (a very unlikely chance, but still hopes) Shantae in. But even if they aren't chosen, and others make it instead, I'll be happy, but not as happy like the four I wanted.
Shantae for SMASH 4, which I perfectly agreed that she's really needed to be requested in SMASH franchise and even the lovely foxy vixen, Krystal for them as DLC playable characters in T-I-M-E! P.S: Good-luck to the both of them and especially besides that SMASH franchise seriously needed to add more females Protagonist and even Anti-Protagonist too as well!

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
Maybe Sakurai just can't see the potential in K. Rool and Krystal like we can?
More likely, there were just other characters that took higher priority when the roster was decided. Characters that'd been relevant recently and had high moveset potential got priority...especially those who'd been relevant recently. For all we know, he may have only balked on Krystal because there hadn't been a new Star Fox game recently (since we know the new one didn't start development until this year).

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
More likely, there were just other characters that took higher priority when the roster was decided. Characters that'd been relevant recently and had high moveset potential got priority...especially those who'd been relevant recently. For all we know, he may have only balked on Krystal because there hadn't been a new Star Fox game recently (since we know the new one didn't start development until this year).
I remember Miyamoto saying he's been fiddling around with the new Star Fox for the last ~7 years...

However, I don't think serious development began until more recently thanks to the Wii U (10-12 months ago, now). They moved all of their experimentation on the new console. I'd assume the conceptual work behind the Wii still counts, thus adding the total developmental time to be ~7 years.

It'd be interesting to know if Sakurai was aware of all this. He probably wasn't. Miyamoto tends to hog Star Fox for himself. xD

Last edited:

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07

Tell me...

Hmm.

It's very painful that some franchises in this game once again ends up being overshadowed. Why can't Sakurai seem to realize that there are fans out there who wants to see at least some very good content for every franchise in playable characters and stages at the same time? Take Kid Icarus for instance. As much as I love the series, one of the things that bothers me about Sakurai for Smash 4 is that he overdid it with representing the Kid Icarus series in this game than any other probably even more than the Kirby series that he himself created. But then again this is Sakurai being biased to the fact which could be the reason why Dark Pit is by far the most hated character in the Smash community and a big mistake in Sakurai's part to make him as a standalone character who has the same exact movesets to his counterpart. I think Pit and Palutena would have been more than enough there. *sighs*

I mean Sakurai should have been aware by now that Miyamoto has been working on a new Starfox game for the Wii U for some time now. Regards to Krystal which I'll stress myself out on this again. If Miyamoto and Nintendo would have killed her off, they would have done that a long time ago. But they haven't and why would they want to do it now? Despite the fact that Krystal has a fanbase who actually love her addition to the series and there are those who hate her for stupid illogical reasons which I don't want to go into detail, we're on the same boat as come of the other fans from their favorite franchises who want to see some of these requested characters playable. For those who don't like her, like it or not, she is officially part of the series and she will remain there so they are going to have to get used to it. Otherwise, we never would have seen the Brawl codecs which had her, her Brawl trophy and her trophy for Smash 4 in the 3DS version once again. It shows that they still acknowledge her in the series and that she is still part of the franchise, Anyway, it's a safe bet that she would be coming back for SF Wii U. The only thing we need to do now is wait until we hear some more announcements on SF Wii U for 2015 and that is a guaranteed. Like I said, no matter what happens, being the Starfox fan I am, I will continue supporting Krystal(who is my favorite character from the series along with Fox and Wolf since those 3 and Falco are the most important characters of the series) in and out of both the Smash Bros and Starfox series. I just wished that Sakurai should have seen more potential to some of these characters that the fans really wanted for a long period of time.

As for DLC, I doubt that Mewtwo is going to be the only DLC character that we're ever going to get for Smash 4. DLC now is our last hope here for Smash 4 and this is going to be the first Smash game that we're getting DLC after all. I'm thinking that this team who is somehow working on "Smash 6" is doing more than 1 DLC character there. But I'm hoping that we should get veterans and get some newcomers in there in the mix. If K. Rool can't make it in there as a new comer from the DK series, then at least place in Dixie Kong along side with Krystal and Impa for the newcomers. As for the veterans, it would be Mewtwo, Wolf and Lucas and there you have it. Besides the game can handle 4 or 5 more characters from the looks of it. Either way I'm still going to enjoy this game regardless despite the flaws that the game can have. I'm certain to the fact that this will not be the final Smash game and I'm sure that we'll expect to see a new one for the next-gen console after the Wii U. Then again when it came to Sakurai making both versions of Smash 4, I think that the 3DS version is despite how good it can be, it was kind of treated as a double-edged sword which could have hindered some of the aspects of both versions. Why do you think that Ice Climbers was removed from the roster from this game? If Sakurai would have just worked on the Wii U version of the game, we would have gotten a lot more content that you can possibly imagine and would have been easier to Sakurai. But anyway, Smash 4 is going to do well and sell. So let's just sit patiently and wait for DLC content for to be unveiled further when 2015 rolls in. Besides, Sakurai can really surprise us being cryptic that he can be for his games. Either way, I'm going to get this DLC content no matter what characters they place in.

Last edited:

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
It's very painful that some franchises in this game once again ends up being overshadowed. Why can't Sakurai seem to realize that there are fans out there who wants to see at least some very good content for every franchise in playable characters and stages at the same time? Take Kid Icarus for instance. As much as I love the series, one of the things that bothers me about Sakurai for Smash 4 is that he overdid it with representing the Kid Icarus series in this game than any other probably even more than the Kirby series that he himself created. But then again this is Sakurai being biased to the fact which could be the reason why Dark Pit is by far the most hated character in the Smash community and a big mistake in Sakurai's part to make him as a standalone character who has the same exact movesets to his counterpart. I think Pit and Palutena would have been more than enough there. *sighs*

I mean Sakurai should have been aware by now that Miyamoto has been working on a new Starfox game for the Wii U for some time now. Regards to Krystal which I'll stress myself out on this again. If Miyamoto and Nintendo would have killed her off, they would have done that a long time ago. But they haven't and why would they want to do it now? Despite the fact that Krystal has a fanbase who actually love her addition to the series and there are those who hate her for stupid illogical reasons which I don't want to go into detail, we're on the same boat as come of the other fans from their favorite franchises who want to see some of these requested characters playable. For those who don't like her, like it or not, she is officially part of the series and she will remain there so they are going to have to get used to it. Otherwise, we never would have seen the Brawl codecs which had her, her Brawl trophy and her trophy for Smash 4 in the 3DS version once again. It shows that they still acknowledge her in the series and that she is still part of the franchise, Anyway, it's a safe bet that she would be coming back for SF Wii U. The only thing we need to do now is wait until we hear some more announcements on SF Wii U for 2015 and that is a guaranteed. Like I said, no matter what happens, being the Starfox fan I am, I will continue supporting Krystal(who is my favorite character from the series along with Fox and Wolf since those 3 and Falco are the most important characters of the series) in and out of both the Smash Bros and Starfox series. I just wished that Sakurai should have seen more potential to some of these characters that the fans really wanted for a long period of time.

As for DLC, I doubt that Mewtwo is going to be the only DLC character that we're ever going to get for Smash 4. DLC now is our last hope here for Smash 4 and this is going to be the first Smash game that we're getting DLC after all. I'm thinking that this team who is somehow working on "Smash 6" is doing more than 1 DLC character there. But I'm hoping that we should get veterans and get some newcomers in there in the mix. If K. Rool can't make it in there as a new comer from the DK series, then at least place in Dixie Kong along side with Krystal and Impa for the newcomers. As for the veterans, it would be Mewtwo, Wolf and Lucas and there you have it. Besides the game can handle 4 or 5 more characters from the looks of it. Either way I'm still going to enjoy this game regardless despite the flaws that the game can have. I'm certain to the fact that this will not be the final Smash game and I'm sure that we'll expect to see a new one for the next-gen console after the Wii U. Then again when it came to Sakurai making both versions of Smash 4, I think that the 3DS version is despite how good it can be, it was kind of treated as a double-edged sword which could have hindered some of the aspects of both versions. Why do you think that Ice Climbers was removed from the roster from this game? If Sakurai would have just worked on the Wii U version of the game, we would have gotten a lot more content that you can possibly imagine and would have been easier to Sakurai. But anyway, Smash 4 is going to do well and sell. So let's just sit patiently and wait for DLC content for to be unveiled further when 2015 rolls in. Besides, Sakurai can really surprise us being cryptic that he can be for his games. Either way, I'm going to get this DLC content no matter what characters they place in.
I agreed!
1743560_10152351727422371_8557191260340807945_n.jpg

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
The way I see it, there is a reason why Zelda and Star Fox did not get much content, what if Sakurai was saving the content for DLC, doesn't that sound like something Sakurai would do.
Maybe Sakurai just can't see the potential in K. Rool and Krystal like we can? Even though that sounds dumb to even say. But there has to be a reason why he doesn't put them in. If its just because they are created by Rareware, that seems like poor form to exclude them. Also so far, we haven't seen any team conversations of the Star Fox Orbit Stage yet, (unless I haven't been looking hard enough, then forgive me.). We'll see if Krystal looks any different from that compare to her 3DS trophy.
But he sees potential in Wii Fit Trainer, Dark Pit, and Duck Hunt, As well as a failed NES peripheral??!! K Rool, I can understand, but Krystal having no potential??!!, even though there are weapons from Assault and her Staff, Either Sakurai is not the game design genius we think he is, or something is off, instead of fan favorite characters like Issac or Krystal, we get the f%*$#!% Wii Fit Trainer and Duck Hunt Dog, WTF Sakurai, stop with the whimsical characters and characters that would make sense in Smash

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
The way I see it, there is a reason why Zelda and Star Fox did not get much content, what if Sakurai was saving the content for DLC, doesn't that sound like something Sakurai would do.

But he sees potential in Wii Fit Trainer, Dark Pit, and Duck Hunt, As well as a failed NES peripheral??!! K Rool, I can understand, but Krystal having no potential??!!, even though there are weapons from Assault and her Staff, Either Sakurai is not the game design genius we think he is, or something is off, instead of fan favorite characters like Issac or Krystal, we get the f%*$#!% Wii Fit Trainer and Duck Hunt Dog, WTF Sakurai, stop with the whimsical characters and characters that would make sense in Smash
Obviously, I agreed with you on that one!

Girnee

Smash Cadet
SO GameXplain just posted this

Krystal and Star Wolf are no where to be found... hmmmmmm...

Last edited:

Los4Muros

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Los4Muros
3DS FC
2852-9328-5396
Hopefully if they add Krystal to the next Star Fox game, she might just have a chance of becoming DLC. She has the staff and a gun. The staff itself has so many options for the specials, even for Smash attacks and jabs. Zoroark, Dark Samus, Villager and Krystal were my desired characters. So I like this idea.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Okay. Something is up.

And it's not Wolf.

No Wolf makes sense. He wasn't part of the Orbital Gate attack.

Krystal was though and if they're going so far to include ROB 64 then why not do the same for Krystal? She was a member of Star Fox during the attack.

Top Bottom