• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

President Iwata Passes Away..

SpindaMaster

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3136-6569-2540
Rest in peace, Mr. Iwata. Rest in peace. Thank you for everything. My condolences go out to your family, friends, and coworkers.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I pray that he ends up in a good place.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done

You didn't die you beautifully kind and funny soul. You're just traveling the cosmos with Rosalina and the Lumas.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Rest in peace Iwata-san, it's hard to imagine Nintendo without you, and thank you for the memories.

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930

Too soon. Too ****ing soon.

You were a great man, Iwata. R.I.P.

Blue_Sword_Edge

Smash Lord
NNID
Blue_Sword_Edge
3DS FC
1633-5415-5386
Rest peacefully, Satoru Iwata. Every Nintendo fan will miss you.

dkkrang95

Smash Apprentice
NNID
strongkong95
So apparently, Iwata had a WarioWare cameo:

After the recent news, the image takes on a whole new meaning.

Vickand

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vickand
I'm so sad... I never had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Iwata but he made a great impact in my life, I mean, he is in part responsible for a lot of great moments of my childhood... Even now as an adult I have a good time playing Nintendo games that were made possible thanks to this man.

I hope that everyone at Nintendo continues to create great things with the ideals and his passion for this company...

R.I.P. Mr Iwata

Thelimomon

Smash Journeyman
I felt like I had to do this now:
It's a quick doodle, that I will polish and color later, it's already 03:34 A.M. here in germany, so I want to get some sleep first...
Another factor is that I can't see right, because of the water in my eyes...

I still can't believe it...
Rest in peace, Mr. Iwata... Rest in peace...

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
Can't even think of the right words to say. Goodnight Sweet King. God speed Mr. Iwata.

Bananija

Count of Trickery

I think that those words fits well...:sadeyes:
Also new avatar in honour of Iwata...

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
Bless you sir may your rest be peaceful.

I'm trying so hard not to cry. Damn, just damn

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
My history with Nintendo goes a long way, despite starting out as a Sega kid.

But my love this company runs deep from jumping on Goombas, going mach speed against the competition, killing space pirates, going a adventure in Dreamland, being a Pokemon champion, leading an Army and its troops to greatness and becoming the greatest boxer alive.

Thank You Iwata for your influence in our games and our lives from :4link: to :4dk: to:4ness: to :4fox: to :4mario:. God Bless you and say hello to Gunpei Yokoi for us, we miss him too

Purin a.k.a. José

Smash Lord
NNID
purinsmash
3DS FC
1418-7121-0144
I never felt so sad over a death... I never saw Iwata in person, but he always felt like a family member. At least he is in a better place now...
In the video above, Iwata tells his history in Nintendo...

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Gamexplain just uploaded this...
I hope that the dislikes are because they dislike the fact that he is dead...

Last edited:

LucarioDude

Not Gray Fox
Satoru Iwata was truly a great programmer and a very respectable person. He really was a big part of Nintendo for many years and it's just really sad that he has passed away due to a bile duct growth that he has had since last year. He was also very iconic in the Nintendo Directs and I'm sure he is more recognised from those. He will be missed immensely, Rest in Peace Iwata-san.

This illustration by LilyPichu is also very touching.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Here is an Iwata ribbon.

Let me know in a PM if you'd like one on your avatar.

Last edited:

mark welford

Smash Ace
Here is an Iwata ribbon.

Let me know if you'd like one on your avatar.
I would like one.
Rest in peace Iwata-san, it's hard to imagine Nintendo without you, and thank you for the memories.

Seeing this sent a jolt through me
Satoru Iwata was truly a great programmer and a very respectable person. He really was a big part of Nintendo for many years and it's just really sad that he has passed away due to a bile duct growth that he has had since last year. He was also very iconic in the Nintendo Directs and I'm sure he is more recognised from those. He will be missed immensely, Rest in Peace Iwata-san.

This illustration by LilyPichu is also very touching.
This really wants to make me cry. I can't believe it it's just too much to bare what he has done for game can't be measured all gamers should be thanking him at this moment for his passion and dedication to the industry he will truly be missed by many including myself. I can't bring myself to look at a Nintendo character or game system without trembling at this moment.

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Nintendo means "leave luck to heaven"...

Nintendo will be leaving their luck to Iwata now. What a beautiful thought~

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
I have to say, I was in shock when I first read this. I'm still in shock even. It doesn't help that I lost my great-uncle yesterday as well. I've lost two men who I respect greatly in a single day. I hope they're both in a better place.

Here is an Iwata ribbon.

Let me know if you'd like one on your avatar.
I'd like one as well.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Still shocking to hear that this adorable person had passed away. I don't want to believe it and it's just too unfortunate that it's come to this. I loved his presence during the Nintendo Directs, they'll never be the same again without him. I genuinely liked Iwata too and seeing all these photos of him repping a golden smile makes me feel even more heartbroken. I honestly can't see anyone else that can run Nintendo the same way he did and it was clear as day that the man cared so much about his company. He truly was a respectable figure.

Please rest easy, Iwata-san. Condolences to his friends and family, you'll be missed dearly.

Top Bottom