• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prescribed To Get Off, March 12th, WO TOWN COMING STRONG!

Dr.Brawl

Smash Ace
So the Play n' Trade has been so nice to let me host a tournament on March 12th.

240 RT 10 West, East Hanover, New Jersey 07936
Stores Website - http://www.playntrade.com/Stores/EastHanover
There will not be any type of discount for bringing any type of setup because the venue will be providing us with all the set up stuff. However copies of brawl/SD cards with unlimited time for recording will be greatly appreciated. If anyone wants to help me host the event that would be great too because I lack any sort of TOing skills. :)
All is brawl link CLICK I AM ATTENDING ! http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=11597

Venue Fee: 10 dollars
Singles Fee: 10 dollars
Doubles Fee: 20 dollar per team ( 10 dollars per player)

Schudule Tenative until further information
Store opens at 11 a.m.
Stuff gets setup 11:30 until 12:00 P.M.
Doubles sign ups starts from 12:00P.M. until 12:30 P.M.
Doubles will start at 1:00 P.M.
Singles signs ups start at 3:30 P.M until 4:00 P.M.
Doubles ends 3:30 P.M.
Singles starts at 4:30 P.M. Until 9:00 P.M. (store closing)
9:00 P.M. everyone leaves the store :bee:

Brawl Rules

* * Matches will be THREE (3) Stock, 8 minute time limit.
* * Double Elimination. All matches will be 2/3, with all finals being 3/5.
* * The bracket will be seeded by crews/region and rankings.
* * Items will be off.
* * You may ban one stage
* * Life stealing is allowed in teams.
* * Smashballs will be OFF.
* * Advanced Slob picks: First match is a blind pick, where the competitors will tell their character to a judge, and then proceed. The loser of the first match will then pick the next stage, then the winner may choose his character. After, the loser will choose his character and begin. The same will happen for the third match, if forced.
* * You may not counterpick a stage that you won on.
* * The Mage's DQ rule is also in effect:
* 2 Minutes Late: Warning/Loss of first stock
* 4 Minutes Late: Loss of first match of set
* 6 Minutes Late: Loss of set
* No scrooging: Going completely under the stage so that you pass from one side to the other three or more times in succession without having landed on the main platform is banned and will result in a forfeit of the game. Clinging or hanging on ledges, as well as landing on floating platforms, do not count as landing on the main platform of the stage.
* Ports: Rock paper scissors for ports, winner chooses ports first.
* *40 Ledge Grab Rule: If time runs out and you have grabbed the ledge over 40 times you lose the match.
* * The stage strike system will be used to determine the first stage. Each player, starting with the higher seed or determined by the players with something like rock/paper/scissors, will strike one stage from the neutral list until only one is left, and that will be the stage played on for the first match.

* * NO REFUNDS ONCE THE BRACKETS ARE MADE FOR AN EVENT.
Payouts
1st 60% of the pot +bonus pot depending on people
2nd 30% of the pot +bonus pot depending on people
3rd 10% of the pot + bonus pot depending on people

We will be running the APEX 2012 rule set:
NEUTRAL:
Smashville,
Final Destination,
Battlefield,
Yoshi Story,
Lylat

COUNTER-PICK:
Frigate,
Rainbow Cruise,
Halberd,
Castle Siege,
Delfino,
Pokemon Stadium 1

Interested:
Reggie
Sebastian
Felix
Rizakor
Cybermario63
Eduardo
Josue
Tim
Inferno3044
Jeremy
Paul
MechwarriorNY
Xzax Kasrani
False
NAKAT
MalcolmM
Kai
Dan
WINKY
Pwiito
JCS
Jbandrew

Pros to the venue:
They will be supplying us with several TVs
They will be supplying us with several Wiis
To book this only costs 25$
Many places to eat, a subway is literally next door
If enough people come the venue may end up giving me back money which I will put right back into the pot.

Cons of the venue:
The store is small
The store will be using flat screen TVs much like the ones at MLG. The store has also asked that nobody brings in their own TVs/ Wii's .
Having to bring copies of brawl.

Extra rules
B.Y.O.C.- Bring your own controller, the store nor will anyone else supply you with your own controller.
Any personal items brought into the venue the store is not responsible for if it, if it is stolen or broken.
NO Pausing in game, this will result in the loss of a stock
Ledge grab rule 35 grabs in singles, no more than 80 in doubles.
Excessive stalling is banned
Metaknights infinite/ extended dimensional cape is banned.
Infinites are banned excluding ICs CGs, and wall infinites. Small step CGs are banned.

Copies of Brawl:
Dr.Brawl 1
Reggie 1
Dan 1
Kai 1
Possibly Winky 1

Inferno3044

Smash Master
I might try and make this. I dunno. Jw, if it costs $25 to book, why is there a $10 venue fee? Also I think you forgot to put Brinstar in the CP stages.

Dr.Brawl

Smash Ace
I might try and make this. I dunno. Jw, if it costs $25 to book, why is there a $10 venue fee? Also I think you forgot to put Brinstar in the CP stages.
The venue is greedy/ they feel they might have give out a huge amount of store credit. They are also providing us with basically everything including TVs and Wii we just need copies of the game.

If brinstar is wanted as a counter pick I have no problem putting, I think Apex 2012 doesn't have Brinstar as a cp.

iRJi

Smash Champion
I would try and talk to the people in charge about the TV issue. If we can't play on normal tubed TV's, I will not be coming. I don't want to play with lag of any sort.

If you can negotiate something with them, then I will come 100% as well as help you run it if you need it.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Even if the tvs lag a little like the MLG ones ill still be there. I can also bring a copy of Brawl.

Of course I can help TO. Ill bring my labtop just in case its needed for tio.

Dr.Brawl

Smash Ace
iRJi- I'll see if I can do anything about that, if I could get it like half flat screen and half normal TVs would that be ok? If you do come your I would appreciated you helping me TO it.

Keitaro- Thank you your TOing skills would be appreciated.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Why wouldn't they want us to bring our own wiis/TVs?
Sounds like a bad idea to me.

I am interested, though.

Dr.Brawl

Smash Ace
Alright so I just got back from the venue and this is what they said:
1. The TV thing isn't happening. They have no place to put them, because the TVs their letting us use at too big to move.
2. The person I was talking to was didn't know what he was saying because I talked to another person and they said no store credit if we run our own pot.
3. Doubles is good to go they have no problem with it.
4. If enough people show up they are going to give me a cut of the profit, which I will shove into the pot. If say 20 people show up they are going to pay me 40 which I'll put right into the pot.
First: addtional 20 $
Second: additional 13$
Third: additional 7$.
5. The wii thing still mystifies me though. He didn't really make himself clear with it other than," we want it to run smoothly,".
6. Doubles sign ups will now start at 12:00 P.M. so everyone has time to set up.
So I apologize to everyone for the TV issue and the poor information I received yesterday.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
From what I've seen component cables won't fix lag. It may help it, but it won't completely fix it.

For example the MLG tvs had component cables but still had lag although the lag was small.

False

Smash Lord
NNID
Falsified
dude.. I just realized I have cram school on Saturday mornings.. It goes up until about 2-3.

Would you be able to reserve a spot for me in singles bracket? I can probably get there by 3.

Dr.Brawl

Smash Ace
dude.. I just realized I have cram school on Saturday mornings.. It goes up until about 2-3.

Would you be able to reserve a spot for me in singles bracket? I can probably get there by 3.
False if you make it before singles start, I'll see what I can do. What is cram school?
Patrick, we can't have 1 lagless tv like seriously.
As much as I would love to have lagless T.V.s Play n' Trade has told me they don't want any TVs. There is literally no place to put them. I am really sorry about that.
If we allowed just one, just saying, everyone would want to play on that TV. A person could claim that the TV lost them the set and would ask to play their next set on the non lagging TV. To me it would be unfair to allow one person to play on the lagless tv while everyone else has to deal with the other tvs.

I'll go just to support my boy Dr.Brawl ;o

Can I hang out @ somebodys house the night b4?
Thanks MalcolmM I really appreciate it.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
I'd like to go. I'm more interested in purchasing some games there rather than the actual tournament. I hope they don't have a ****ty stock like the other three play n trades ive been to.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
Kai from what I have seen they have large amount of older games, I think they have a copy of Pokemon blue version unopened, and many other games.
Good to know. Hopefully they have the titles I need. I talked to Inui yesterday and we're both going.

Dr.Brawl

Smash Ace
Cram school is like extra school that Asian parents send you to.

Are you doing doubles first? Would you say 3 is a good time to get there by?
As for cram school, WOW WTF, I THOUGHT MY PARENTS WERE HARD ON ME ABOUT GRADES.

Doubles will be first, and as long as there are enough teams, doubles should be ending around three and singles sign ups should start around 3:30, the actual even will start at four, if you could get there before four you should be fine.

Guys we also need copies of brawl if a couple more people could bring some copies that would be great!

dee-vee-doubleu

Smash Rookie
Not sure if I'll be here but if I am I want a rematch Patrick (or Peter, I don't remember >.<)
-WiNKY
I also may bring a copy of brawl, no promises.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
Kai from what I have seen they have large amount of older games, I think they have a copy of Pokemon blue version unopened, and many other games.
^ Called me Kai in this post but put "Kaiber Kop" in the opening post. Wtf?

I'll have a copy of brawl with me at the event.

pwiito

Banned via Warnings
Oscar team with me.
I'm not a 100% sure ill make it for doubles, depends on what time tennis practice ends, but if I make it sure, my coach is unpredictable so >.>. If I make it for doubles, we gotta pull that Leap of faith again cause I'm comming with like 4 dollars+ gas money lol.

Top Bottom