• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Premium Membership

Status
Not open for further replies.

BACH

BRoomer
BRoomer
Revolutions,

Okay, are you forgetting that I was a professional twice over - an analyst and a therapist. The world's first analrapist.

FLCLalex

Smash Apprentice
Somewhere Near Medical Mechanica...err I mean Sout
Chill Out 8000, whats your problem. Why is it sad that people are trying to help this website out? Does it matter if we have a low post count? Look at the date my account was created. Its in Feb. I havent had that much time to get as many posts as you. You've only been here a few months more than me but have tons more posts than me. I havent had the time to venture this site and find out all its capabilities. Im not saying you have no life because you have a lot of posts, im just saying that posts dont mean anything. It just means that youve posted more, so what? If you think that just cause i have a low post count, that i suck, well it may be true. But im not half bad, i mean i placed 9th at the last tourney i was at, and DSF and some of the SuperFriends (HugS' crew) were present. Proof? http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=64884&page=1&pp=40. In conclusion, im buying a member ship to make myself look more diverse on the boards, because i want to help this website out because smash is one of my passions and anyone who makes an effort this big to help those of us who play the game too deserves a little more help on the website payment side and to be able to explore the website with less boundaries.

I still need to scrap up a few more dollars to be able to get the best membership plan possible.

Lange

Smash Journeyman
I have a few other questions on, the premium memberships. What is the system of posting attachments and what files can you post? How do you post them? Also can you post polls on any package of the membership?

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
When you make a post, there's a little box under "additional options" that lets you upload an attachment to your post. Any attachments you upload will show up in a box at the end of you post for others to see.

Diamond members are the only ones with the ability to post polls.

Lange

Smash Journeyman
Thanks Kirby King. I can see throughout this thread a few questions have been asked on things that are described on the Premium page. Just click the coin at the top of the page and it will take you to the members ships page where it tells you about the packages. Just thought this might help out on some of your questions.

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
I know how to set up my email forwarder, but what exactly does it do?

Is it just like a regular email account or what?

airball

Smash Apprentice
Trying to find out why kids love Cinnamon Toast Cr
Ok, I have a few questions about premium memberships. More specifically, the ordering bit.

As I do not have a credit card, I would be paying by means of snail mail. Now, first off, what address would I send it to? Secondly, would my year begin when I clicked the order button, or when you received the money?

This info would help a lot.

EDIT: What is the current conversion rate between USD and CDN? I just realized prices are in American dollars.

Bailey

Smash Hero
It depends if the site is like working for that because for me it took a week because that part wasn't working. Sorry for the bump but having a premium membership rules.

Uncle Meat

Smash Champion
airball said:
EDIT: What is the current conversion rate between USD and CDN? I just realized prices are in American dollars.
Date: 14 Jun 2006
1 in Canadian dollars equals: 0.90 US dollars (noon)
Exchange rate: 0.8991 (1.1122)

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
It's sad to see all these Broomers with so little posts.
Quality over quantity, of course. :) Isn't that the idea?

Anyway, with the new Premium memberships, have we now completely lost the ability to change our/a friend's SWF screen name?

Skywalker

Space Jump
I have a question? Is the "Sound Bar" style in the new premium membership? Also, after the premium membership expires, does the style automatically revert back to Revolution?

Aftermath

Smash Champion
Ok, I was looking over the Premium Benefits again and I noticed something was missing form the last time I saw it, is there no more bandwidth available for premium members? I remember you would get your own storage space and 1 GB of bandwidth per month to host things.

Skywalker

Space Jump
For now, it's gone. :(

After the upgrade Gideon decided to have only one tier of premium memberships, and costs of the servers, prices have increased. However, the name change was restored.

Qwester

BRoomer
BRoomer
I was a member of both the BR and the SBR, and when my premium membership expired, my access to both of these did aswell, despite gaining legit access to both outside of a credit card.

Can anyone confirm if this is supposed to be the case, or not?

Gideon

Moreliator
BRoomer
If you were a premium member while BR and SBR access was granted, we will gladly restore that privelege. Check out the Premium BIP room for more information.

flaco

The Terminator
well I paid via paypal but it says unclear what does that mean do I need to wait 3 to 4 days to actually have it

DuKe™

Smash Journeyman
so if you only purchased for 1 month and didnt continue you to pay all of your custom stuff go away like they never existed

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Correct sir and or maddam, but you would still have all of the previous settings (eg avatar, custom title.) However you would not be able to edit them in any way, if you change usergroups you would lose your custom title, you will not be able to retain the premium member usergroup. nhj,j wee

Gideon

Moreliator
BRoomer
so if you only purchased for 1 month and didnt continue you to pay all of your custom stuff go away like they never existed

You get to keep whatever custom avatar or title you used last before your expiration.

-gd

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
****! You're right! I never let all these graphics load before and I just thought it was ugly light blue text on white....

EDIT: After days of new and exciting experimentation, I've decided it's not that cool after all and reverted back to Smash Blue...

Kino

Smash Cadet
I would for sure, exept its not for ever. 7 bucks for a month isnt great, id expect about 10-20 bucks for ever :/

Kino

Smash Cadet
I know what it does and im familiar with forums alot. for sure. and the stuff is nice its just having to renew it is asking too much. I thought the staff would like to hear why people dont. rather than just cause they dont have £££

Uncle Meat

Smash Champion
Hey, if you're British, you're getting great rates! I'm going to buy premium membership as soon as I've finished Christmas shopping (need to make sure I have money for gifts), but because of the exchange rate it's only like 3.5 quid.

Uncle Meat

Smash Champion
Yeah, I live in Bath. Not really in to smash enough to go traveling anymore.

Question about premium. 'Cause I'm British, obviously my money is in pounds. Does paypal do exchange rates or anything?

marthsword

Smash Ace
I can't get a warning if this topic is bumped, right?

I just started paying attention to prem membership, and am a little bit confused. Can I still get a diamond membership?

flaco

The Terminator
nope for my understanding that program was cut off the only one left is the one I have just plain premium membership is pretty cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom