• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Predictions and Discussion of Stage Legality in Tournaments. (Update: Skyworld)

Eaode

Smash Champion
This thread is for the speculation on which stages will be playable in tournament matches, and pretty much what many smashers will play as well. I will update this thread whenever we Get new details about any of the stages in SSBB.

First off:
Neutral = this stage is on random select, and can be selected anytime.
Legal for Counterpick = this stage is turned OFF from random select and can only be picked by the loser of the previous match.
Banned = this stage cannot be picked.

Battlefield: Neutral, self-explanatory.

Delfino Plaza: Legal for countericks only, ala Mute City.

Yoshi's Island: Legal for counterpicks only. The support ghost creates a camping spot like Kongo Jungle, but not permanent. Legality could sway depending on how long the support ghost appears and how often

Lylat Cruise: This one is tough. If there are NO effects in the stages such as arwing fire ala Corneria, it will be Neutral. However if these effects do exist, it will most likely be legal for Counterpicks only.

Bridge of Eldin: Banned. Flat 'walk-off' edges and powerful hazards will make this stage unsuitable for tournaments. Might be counterpickable is Waveshining is removed.

Smashville: Neutral. Basic platform layout, no endangering stage effects.

Mario Circuit (Nintendo World Trailer): Legal for countericks only. 'walk-off' edges and Mute-City-esque hazards make this level playable, but not Neutral.

Halberd: Legal for counterpicks only. the first part of the stage (hangar pic) is the main reason why it's not Neutral

UPDATE (7/25/07)

SkyWorld: Legal for counterpicks only. Banned. According to the new update, players can be sent down through the clouds that appear after the platforms are destroyed. This differes from the Nintendo World Trailer, but keep in mind that that trailer is very old and the stage was most likely not finished yet. If the clouds cannot be reliably stood on, then this becomes a very unfair stage. Also, the new update also revealed a lower platforms that couldn't be clearly seen in the Nintendo World Trailer. This seperate platform would likely create a very advantagous camping spot, ala Kongo Jungle in Melee (the Rock).

(FE) Castle Stage (Outside): If there are no flying Hazards, Neutral. If hazards are present, Legal only for counterpicking.

(FE) Castle Stage (Inside): Banned for 'walk-off'. May be be counterpickable is Waveshining is removed.

Pokemon Stadium: Neutral, as in Melee. Unless the transformation stages have become incredibly unbalanced (that's saying something considering the Fire and Rock formations in Melee).

UPDATE (7/23/07)

Rumble Falls: Well, my gut instinct is screaming BANNED into my ear, but I could see it having a narrow chance of being counterpickable ONLY if it scrolls at a slow and constant rate. The reason this is, is because it has normal edges unlike icicle mountain.

I can't comment on the MGS stage, as we haven't seen enough of it yet.

Discuss.

Superstar

Smash Champion
Covered very well, sadly I had nothing good to contribute. The waveshine does seem like a good reason that a flat stage like Eldin would be banned. I was thinking the legality would by like Mushroom 2, counterpickable only in doubles, but as its flater than Kingdom 2, yeah, most likely it will be banned if waveshine is in [though I am hoping it is in, a ton of stages seem probably tournament legal already].

Seems like more courses in Brawl could be choosable in tournaments. I know you are making educated guesses, but this is the only thing to go by right now.

I'm hoping for an FD to exist as a clinching neutral stage, that is the ultimate neutral stage available.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Whew... I do not understand most of what your saying there.. Care to make a legend for us none experienced ones so we may give an opinion?

Superstar

Smash Champion
Ok, according to tournament rules from mlgpro.com, you do slob picks [my favorite], then what happens is that the 2 players play a best of 3.

- First stage is selected at random.
- Loser picks a stage, winner picks character, loser picks character [counterpick].
- I think the same repeats if the loser of the previous round wins.

Now, the stages allowed for random on the first match are the neutral stages ONLY.
During the counterpick [2nd match, and maybe 3rd], when the loser picks, the stages available for him are the counterpick stages and neutral stages [I think neutral stages can also be picked].

According to this
6. Advanced Knock-out - each person may knock out one stage from the first round random select and one from the available counter picks. Both stages are off for the entire match.
you can also ban a stage form the pick, although as you pick for both matches, I don't know if on the counter stage the original random select banned stage applies. So does this mean a max of 4 or 2 stages are banned. Makes me wish I was able to go to tournaments.

Green is neutal, yellow is counterpick, red is banned. Top singles, bottom doubles.

MLG rules for Melee [at bottom]: http://www.mlgpro.com/?q=node/43925

Florida

イーグランツ
Battlefield: Neutral
As you said, pretty basic. Three platforms one main body of land, definitely legal.

Delfino Plaza: Neutral
If it wasn't for the landing on the city, it probably would've been Neutral, but I'm glad that the stages aren't all the same with Brawl.

Edit [11/11/07]: After I've played on this stage, it doesn't seem all too bad. Most of the time you're on the flying platforms, and when you enter the city it really doesn't effect gameplay too much. I say neutral.

Yoshi's Island: Neutral
I don't think that the support ghost should be a problem, I was surprised that the turtle in Termina Great Bay was a nuisance as well, I'll just hope for the best with this stage.

Lylat Cruise: Neutral
I tihnk that this stage will be similar to Corneria and Venom in the sense that Arwings will be taking random fire at the players. I'll just guess a counterpick stage.

Edit [11/11/07]: Nope, none of that happens. It's actually a very awesome stage, and completely fair... definitely neutral.

Bridge of Eldin: Neutral
I really don't see what the problem is with this stage, sure it's similar to Mushroom Kingdom, but the stage is huge! It's been calculated to fit the size of 2 1/2 Final Destinations :laugh:

Smashville: Neutral
This is my favorite level yet, and I'm glad that it was made in a legal style, but still unique. This is going to be a level that I'll be playing on regularly.

Mario Circuit: Banned
This is just a wild guess. From the looks of the Nintendo World Wide trailer, it seemed that Mario was hopping from platform to platform, yet Pikachu was on flat ground. It's complicated to say, but I'll stick with it being banned.

Battleship Halberd: Counterpick Legal
I agree with you, the station at the beginning of the stage seems to be the problem. The only question for that stage is if it will repeat in a cycle? And how long will it take for the Halberd to appear in the map?

Edit [11/11/07]: Now that I've been able to play on this stage, I'd definitely say it's counterpick legal. There ARE hazards, but they're hella easy to dodge, and really don't deal that much damage / knockback.

Skyworld: Neutral
Sure there seems to be a stage hazard with the breakable platforms, but Dreamland also had a minor hazard included in it's play. I'm going to say Neutral for this one.

Edit [7/25/07]: So Sakurai confirmed a different name for the stage than "Angel Land", eh? Still, we were pretty close :p. I still hold up to my previous opinion, and think that Skyworld should be neutral. Sakurai makes it seem that getting to the next platform safely will be almost no problem, and maybe this stage can introduce a new type of strategy, with the brittle platforms and all.

Fire Emblem Castle: Counterpick Legal
I have a theory that the outside and inside of the Castle are one stage put together, how you'd get from part to part is still a mystery to me, so I'll say counterpick only.

Edit [11/11/07]: The transitions between levels are fine. It's just the second stage of the level that lowers its chances of being neutral. An easy throw to K.O. right there! The underground is fine too, it's actually pretty cool. Sort of like the Bowser's Castle of Fire Emblem... or maybe that was a horrible way to put it.

Pokemon Stadium 2: Neutral
I don't think that the stage will be transforming this time around, I think it will remain in the same style and such. I'll say Neutral.

Edit [11/11/07]: Pokémon Stadium 2? What an original name. Should of been Pokémon Colosseum, eh? My opinions still stand, it'll most likely be a neutral stage.

Jumble Falls: Banned
This stage is a tricky one to decide, it is almost too similar to the Icicle Mountain, which was indeed banned in most tournaments.

smashbros.com said:
Hey! What’s at the top? Huh?

Hmm...I wonder...
After reading this text for the first time, I had to perform a double-take. It seems that this level doesn't alternate from boosting up, to lowering down such as the Icicle Mountain does. I wonder if this stage becomes stationary once it reaches its highest point? And if it does, then I'm going to go with Counterpick Legal.

Edit [11/11/07]: What was I thinking? Definitely banned.

WarioWare: Banned
Even with the "reward" room, this stage is defintely too chaotic for most tournament hosters to accept. A shift in the stage every 5 seconds, as well as the numerous hazzards, might be a little hard to adapt to while playing your opponent at the same time.

Shadow Moses Island: Neutral
I don't know about this one. The Metal Gear RAY might cause a potential problem, but we really didn't get too much information out of this stage's update. Either the Metal Gear RAY attacks opponents, or comes by and the players jump on it and ride. Or both?

When more stages are announced / shown in trailers, then I'll add to this list.

New Pork City: Banned
No question about it. Bigger than Hyrule Temple, and the Ultimate Chimera which delivers a one hit kill. It ain't happenin'. Though, I can see this stage being awesome for multiplayer. I liked Hyrule Temple to begin with; big stages are fuuuun.

Pictochat: Neutral
As far as we know, there's only one hazard involved with this stage. And by the looks of it, it doesn't look all too threatening. This stage is odd, but awesome at the same time. I'm just glad that there aren't any walk-to-K.O. parts in this stage (such as FlatZone).

Summit: Counterpick legal
This stage looks incredible, and I don't see much reason to not make it a banned stage (the fish is a little fishy, but we don't have too much info on it yet ;o). And as some of you might know, you can swim in Brawl. So the part of the level where the stage sinks probably won't cause to be too much of a problem.

Norfair: Banned
This stage isn't like Brinstar where the lava only rises from the bottom. Uh-uh, it comes from the sides, beneath, the top, and from behind. And during some of those events, there's almost no escape. Plus, if you even manage to make it into that safety-platform, that's DAMAGE CITY right there. I'd like to see an un-nerfed Peach rule the hill in there, mmhmm.

I'll update this post as more stages are announced.

Superstar

Smash Champion
Personally, Bridge of Eldin could have the whole match in a 1v1 be edge camping for a throw, so it could favor characters with better grab ranges a ton more. I'm guessing that's why Kingdom 2 is permitted in doubles, as the edges are not too long and edge camping is more futile in doubles. That's a guess looking at Kingdom 2.

But like Eaode stated, waveshing. What waveshine could do is that on characters with shorther skidding from the shine could be shined, wavedashed towards, shined again, and repeat, literally carried over from any point of the stage all the way to the edge and KO. That's if waveshine stays. The only real way for the true legality of Eldin to be determined is by playing the game.

Angel land could be debatable. I'd say it has a proabability of being a counterpick.

The impact of the support ghost could determine Yoshi's island. Also, with the Mario Kart stage, they zoomed it in, so that does not seem like a reason. However, the walk off edges could affect it, it could be one of those stages only permitted in doubles. The game has to be played to determine this stuff, but its fun debating.

Eaode

Smash Champion
I'm glad intelligent discussion has begun in this thread.

You both make some pretty good points. But I don't think that Angel Land will be on Neutral simply because it's unlikely that the edges of the clouds will be grabable. By no means would it be banned, but I'm not sure about Neutral.

Then again, It could provide more strategic uses by being able to effectively destroy the ledge and take it away from your opponent. Kind of like Edge Hogging but at the same time being able to edge guard.

But overall it seems unfair to characters with bad recoveries.

BTW, First post editted with Images.

Blackadder

Smash Master
Wow, awsome thread.|
I personaly am worried at the lack of "Fully legal" stages in Brawl.
Sakurai seems to have a tred of change in the stages for Brawl, and it's actually a little unsettiling. We have Battlefield, and Smashville.
And that's all that seems complelt legal..which is a shame..
With your look at angel land, I never even though of the fact that grappling onto the clouds may be eliminated.

Superstar

Smash Champion
As destroying part of Angel Land make it uneven to characters with horrible recoveries, it seems to match what a counterpick stage is [it is uneven to chars but not too much, maybe... depending on how the recoveries are]. So it most likely will be counterpick. Jigglypuff would love that stage if her floating ability is equally as good as Melee.

I'm pretty sure we will get another FD, that's a third neutral stage. like 3-6 neutral stages and many counterpicks is a good amount of stages to have, I just hope not as many stages are as bannable as in Melee. 15 stages aren't permitted in Melee singles competitive play, 15 whopping stages.

Blackadder

Smash Master
As destroying part of Angel Land make it uneven to characters with horrible recoveries, it seems to match what a counterpick stage is [it is uneven to chars but not too much, maybe... depending on how the recoveries are]. So it most likely will be counterpick. Jigglypuff would love that stage if her floating ability is equally as good as Melee.

I'm pretty sure we will get another FD, that's a third neutral stage. like 3-6 neutral stages and many counterpicks is a good amount of stages to have, I just hope not as many stages are as bannable as in Melee. 15 stages aren't permitted in Melee singles competitive play, 15 whopping stages.
Sadly, Sakurai doesn't seem to care for the competitive scene.But a FD stage is obviously anticipated. However, (And I hate to cause more consternation) FD is only semi-neautral. Projectile using characters have an advantage over a full melee fighter.
Battlefield and Smashville are all I look forward to fighting on, currently..

Superstar

Smash Champion
I think if you notice, more stages now seem choosable at tournaments than Melee, probably [by guessing]. Not even BattleField is fully neutral as it will favor characters with good wavelands [if applicable] and those with a good up-aerial reach.

Blackadder

Smash Master
Yes, no stage can be completely fair, the Neutrals are just considered "Close Enough" if you will.
Yeah, I agree.
But I guess I'll have to trust Sakurai.
He has stated he want's the game to be "More balanced".

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Your arguments are very exhaustive and logical. Good job.

Hopefully, there will be a greater number of tournament friendly stages in Brawl. Smashville and Lylatt cruise are great examples of stages that appear entertaining and fun without any annoying hazzards (that we know of...) that will distract from the fighting.

Florida

イーグランツ
I'm glad intelligent discussion has begun in this thread.

You both make some pretty good points. But I don't think that Angel Land will be on Neutral simply because it's unlikely that the edges of the clouds will be grabable. By no means would it be banned, but I'm not sure about Neutral.

Then again, It could provide more strategic uses by being able to effectively destroy the ledge and take it away from your opponent. Kind of like Edge Hogging but at the same time being able to edge guard.

But overall it seems unfair to characters with bad recoveries.

BTW, First post editted with Images.
It is understandable that those with completely horrific recovery would be at an unfair edge at this level. But what's the different between that and being edgehogged? There would be ways to work around it, and we still don't really know how that map functions yet, how will you be transported from platform to platform?

Wow, awsome thread.|
I personaly am worried at the lack of "Fully legal" stages in Brawl.
Sakurai seems to have a tred of change in the stages for Brawl, and it's actually a little unsettiling. We have Battlefield, and Smashville.
And that's all that seems complelt legal..which is a shame..
With your look at angel land, I never even though of the fact that grappling onto the clouds may be eliminated.
Out of all of the stages that are in Brawl, we only have about 12/49th (that's estimation). Only one or two can be said to be completely banned, but we are never too sure. With abut 37 more stages to go, I'm pretty sure that Brawl will have plenty of stages to keep us occupied, tournament wise.

Sadly, Sakurai doesn't seem to care for the competitive scene.But a FD stage is obviously anticipated. However, (And I hate to cause more consternation) FD is only semi-neautral. Projectile using characters have an advantage over a full melee fighter.
Battlefield and Smashville are all I look forward to fighting on, currently..
Competitive play is something that I'm not all too serious about either, I like to just have some simple fun with the game. For Melee, as an example: when I'm by myself I'll practice on Final Destination, Battlefield, etc. with items off, just to improve in my character skill alone. But when friends / family are included, the stages are all opted as a random selection, and all items are on. And that's why I seriously think that online play will revolutionize Smash, because I could care less about tournaments.

Blackadder

Smash Master
It is understandable that those with completely horrific recovery would be at an unfair edge at this level. But what's the different between that and being edgehogged? There would be ways to work around it, and we still don't really know how that map functions yet, how will you be transported from platform to platform?

Out of all of the stages that are in Brawl, we only have about 12/49th (that's estimation). Only one or two can be said to be completely banned, but we are never too sure. With abut 37 more stages to go, I'm pretty sure that Brawl will have plenty of stages to keep us occupied, tournament wise.

Competitive play is something that I'm not all too serious about either, I like to just have some simple fun with the game. For Melee, as an example: when I'm by myself I'll practice on Final Destination, Battlefield, etc. with items off, just to improve in my character skill alone. But when friends / family are included, the stages are all opted as a random selection, and all items are on. And that's why I seriously think that online play will revolutionize Smash, because I could care less about tournaments.
Competitive play for me is what I hope Brawl online will bring.
Of course, it will never replace a good ol' "Real" tourny, but hey.
I guess I would survive as long as we get at least 10 legal stages.
That's all I need to be happy.

Eaode

Smash Champion
Well, getting edgehogged is essentially the same thing, except now you're getting edgehogged AND you get a free Fsmash to the face. There are ways around it, but that doesn't make it suitable for Neutral.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Ah... now I understand, thanks... I still don't have anything to contradict or contribute.

But good work on the analysis of the announced stages so far.

Blackadder

Smash Master
Ah... now I understand, thanks... I still don't have anything to contradict or contribute.

But good work on the analysis of the announced stages so far.
It's rather good what he's done, isn't it?
On topic:
Does anyone think it possible we may be able to turn OFF stage hazzards?
I know that sounds a bit out there, but Sakurai may just know about competitive smash, and be interested in helping it out.

Florida

イーグランツ
Competitive play for me is what I hope Brawl online will bring.
Of course, it will never replace a good ol' "Real" tourny, but hey.
I guess I would survive as long as we get at least 10 legal stages.
That's all I need to be happy.
With online lag, competitive issues are almost a given failure. And the technology we have hasn't avoided online lag yet, to take the picture rate of 60 frames per second and make it to the best quality as possible ensures definite lag (if at least the tiniest bit) for online gameplay. And that's why HDTVs are banned from tournaments.

Thanks to Dac for that bit of info.

Well, getting edgehogged is essentially the same thing, except now you're getting edgehogged AND you get a free Fsmash to the face. There are ways around it, but that doesn't make it suitable for Neutral.
Well yes, but isn't that where the skill of spacing and timing comes in? If you ask me, that level supports the skills that the stages such as Battlefield and Final Destination does.

It's rather good what he's done, isn't it?
On topic:
Does anyone think it possible we may be able to turn OFF stage hazzards?
I know that sounds a bit out there, but Sakurai may just know about competitive smash, and be interested in helping it out.
Probably not. That'd just kill the stage if that were to happen, if you aren't going to put up with stage hazards, then there are plenty other stages for you to play on, without stage hazards. Although, some of the stage designs are hazards enough as they are, it's just the cameos that are rousing up discussion.

Blackadder

Smash Master
@ Egruntz
(About the lag)
****, I wasn't aware or that.

With the stages we have for Brawl now, it's looking a but odd.
But I was wondering, what If Sakurai is showing us his "prized" stages?
The one he thinks are the best? You know, to hype us up?
There may still be MANY MANY tourny legal stages.
..wow, that made me feel better about Brawl!

Superstar

Smash Champion
Turning off stage hazards could do a bit of difference to the legality of stages. IF Yoshi's Island is counterpick, getting rid of the hazard could make it neutral. Lylat could be neutral with hazards off [but maybe the reason Corneria is counter is because of camping below the fin...] Pokemon Stadium [if like Melee] would be more neutral.

The collapsable edge makes it more likely a counterpick. And I just want some online so I can play some good people, hopefully the lag will be at least or more minimal as Kaillera.

Florida

イーグランツ
@ Egruntz
(About the lag)
****, I wasn't aware or that.

With the stages we have for Brawl now, it's looking a but odd.
But I was wondering, what If Sakurai is showing us his "prized" stages?
The one he thinks are the best? You know, to hype us up?
There may still be MANY MANY tourny legal stages.
..wow, that made me feel better about Brawl!
I'm sure that Smashville was one of his more favorited stages, you could just tell by how he described the whole thing in the update for it. But I don't know if he's showing us these stages to get us more hyped, I mean, he isn't really showing the most exciting character updates in that order, is he?

I don't get what you're saying. FD and BF have edges ..... :confused:
I was just basically saying that spacing and timing is a necessary skill for all stages, so why should this stage be any different from the others?

Blackadder

Smash Master
Smashville was obviously a Sakurai fave, but you're right.
I personaly think he has a large emphasis on "change" for Brawl.
Stages, characters, all that stuff.
I hope he doesn't make to many stages change, unless, (as I wonder earlier) he would be kind enough to let us turn off stage hazards.

Eaode

Smash Champion
I was just basically saying that spacing and timing is a necessary skill for all stages, so why should this stage be any different from the others?
Well, of course good spacing skill is required, but the fact that it may lack a permanent grabable edge makes it too imbalanced to be on random select, as it favors characters with surplus recovering capabilities.

Superstar

Smash Champion
Jigglypuff and Pikachu seem to be more favored in the angel stage if they play kinda like Melee. We also don't know if the platforms can be grabbed.

Characters with predictable recoveries are easily intercepted with lack of an edge. Their only choice would be to go straight for stage with no chance to mix it up. Better recovery chars don't have that problem, so they are more favorable.

For that, its not as neutral as FD, so I ASSUME it will be counterpick..

Blackadder

Smash Master
Jigglypuff and Pikachu seem to be more favored in the angel stage if they play kinda like Melee. We also don't know if the platforms can be grabbed.

Characters with predictable recoveries are easily intercepted with lack of an edge. Their only choice would be to go straight for stage with no chance to mix it up. Better recovery chars don't have that problem, so they are more favorable.

I hate counterpick. I only use one main, and I stick with him.
Counter picking is just kinda...bit unfair really. I hope not many stages are like that in the final product.

Eaode

Smash Champion
We're talking about counter picking stages.

Counter picking allows for players to make a comeback, and to make sure that one person does not coincedentally get stages that favor their character for all three matches.

Blackadder

Smash Master
We're talking about counter picking stages.
We are?
****, now I feel like the king of tools.
That's still kinda slimy, if you ask me.

Edit:
it may let people make combacks, but it can also let winning people make huge leaps foward.

Florida

イーグランツ
Well, of course good spacing skill is required, but the fact that it may lack a permanent grabable edge makes it too imbalanced to be on random select, as it favors characters with surplus recovering capabilities.
Is anyone for certain if there are two Angel Land stages? We see the breaking platforms type in the trailers, and a solid ground formation in screen shots. Are those two area sections part of a same stage, or are they two separate maps?

If they were connected into a same map, would that even change anything tournament legal wise? Bleh, but now I'm starting to lean over to the Counterpick Legal side with this stage. But it's still a little tricky of a decision for me.

Blackadder said:
Smashville was obviously a Sakurai fave, but you're right.
I personaly think he has a large emphasis on "change" for Brawl.
Stages, characters, all that stuff.
I hope he doesn't make to many stages change, unless, (as I wonder earlier) he would be kind enough to let us turn off stage hazards.
Which leads back to the stationary vs. motion / changing stages, which I'm perfectly fine with both. I think it'd be neat if Sakurai could even out the amount of those two types of maps, that'd make anyone happy with the stage debate.

Superstar said:

Agreed. Characters with a more unpredictable third jump can get access to safety more easily than others. That's another thing that I just love about Smash, that the developers even out strength and weaknesses so well (for the most). It's almost like a much more entertaining game of Rock, Paper, Scissors. :)

Superstar

Smash Champion
@Blackladder
And counterpicking characters is done by the loser:

-loser picks stage [counterpick stage]
-winner picks char
-loser picks char

It probably makes it so that if you lost by an unfavorable matchup, you get to make up for it. To that end, pick a secondary. My seconds are Fox, Samus, Pika to compliment Mario.

edit:slow Wii speed makes me post too late.

Eaode

Smash Champion
Egruntz:

I'm definitely sure they're the same stage. The platforms only break when they are attacked. So when you see characters stanting on solid ground, they just haven't broken the platform yet.

Florida

イーグランツ
Egruntz:

I'm definitely sure they're the same stage. The platforms only break when they are attacked. So when you see characters stanting on solid ground, they just haven't broken the platform yet.
Now that I take a look back at all of the screenshots, and watch the trailer a couple of more times, I think you're right. Though, there does seem to be on main platform in the background. After all of the temporary platforms are done with, does that become your permanent battleground?

Eaode

Smash Champion
Well, watching the Nintendo world trailer, the Main bottom platform is destructable along with the rest of the platforms. This leads me to believe that the clouds that take their place or either pemanent, or temporary until the stone platforms return. Otherwise, they could potentially make a nonexistant stage!

So, while the platforms won't go away, the edge thing is still up for debate.

Florida

イーグランツ
Well, watching the Nintendo world trailer, the Main bottom platform is destructable along with the rest of the platforms. This leads me to believe that the clouds that take their place or either pemanent, or temporary until the stone platforms return. Otherwise, they could potentially make a nonexistant stage!

So, while the platforms won't go away, the edge thing is still up for debate.
That makes sense. So until you zoom past to the other platform, the clouds will be there to avoid falling to your death. Hopefully those clouds don't disappear, otherwise it'd be a hard time for all four players to have ensured safety.

To rose up another topic of discussion:
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/info/info01.html

The exploding ship in the background at Lylat Cruise, people say it affects Bowser, but I don't see anything that shows as such. What'do you think?

EDIT:
Also, at the part where Pika is performing it's Final Smash, you can notice a Chain Chomp get closer to the Yoshi Island stage, do you think that affects players as well?
So much to talk about from just a 15 second trailer :p

Eaode

Smash Champion
That makes sense. So until you zoom past to the other platform, the clouds will be there to avoid falling to your death. Hopefully those clouds don't disappear, otherwise it'd be a hard time for all four players to have ensured safety.

To rose up another topic of discussion:
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/info/info01.html

The exploding ship in the background at Lylat Cruise, people say it affects Bowser, but I don't see anything that shows as such. What'do you think?

EDIT:
Also, at the part where Pika is performing it's Final Smash, you can notice a Chain Chomp get closer to the Yoshi Island stage, do you think that affects players as well?
So much to talk about from just a 15 second trailer :p
Well, the Bowser shot isn't true. I'm watching over and over again, and e tumbles and slows down from the attack just like he should. The ship gave no knockback, is just happened to be right behind him.

As for the chain chomp, Well I can't really say. In the trailer it just looks like he's hanging out there, not doing anything. Whether he attacks the players or not is completely uncertain, but it seems like a very large detail for Sakurai to leave out, doesn't it?

In fact, upon closer inspection, it looks like that chain chomp is made of a paper looking material, like the background, making it more likely to be just an aesthetic feature

Florida

イーグランツ
Well, the Bowser shot isn't true. I'm watching over and over again, and e tumbles and slows down from the attack just like he should. The ship gave no knockback, is just happened to be right behind him.

As for the chain chomp, Well I can't really say. In the trailer it just looks like he's hanging out there, not doing anything. Whether he attacks the players or not is completely uncertain, but it seems like a very large detail for Sakurai to leave out, doesn't it?

In fact, upon closer inspection, it looks like that chain chomp is made of a paper looking material, like the background, making it more likely to be just an aesthetic feature
That stage has a wider area than I thought it did, in the screen shots it looks so small, but with the support ghost and the spacing for the chain chomps, I'm not all too sure. But this stage is one of the more better ones I think, it seems so basic, yet looks incredibly fun to play on. As for the chain chomps' paper graphics being a problem, the shy guys are as well, and they're still interactive.

Speaking of active, this thread has considerably died off.
It was starting off so nicely, I guess we've already discussed the majority about the stages :p guess when we get a new stage it'll be rousing up with discussion again.

Top Bottom