• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Predictions and Discussion of Stage Legality in Tournaments. (Update: Skyworld)

Big Burn

Smash Lord
i just wish that you would be able to turn active environments on and off... making a lot more stages tournament legal

Florida

イーグランツ
I've made some major updates in my first post! Go check it out for my full reasonings on stage legality!
Here are some of the stages that I've edited in:

Shadow Moses Island: Neutral
I don't know about this one. The Metal Gear RAY might cause a potential problem, but we really didn't get too much information out of this stage's update. Either the Metal Gear RAY attacks opponents, or comes by and the players jump on it and ride. Or both?

When more stages are announced / shown in trailers, then I'll add to this list.

New Pork City: Banned
No question about it. Bigger than Hyrule Temple, and the Ultimate Chimera which delivers a one hit kill. It ain't happenin'. Though, I can see this stage being awesome for multiplayer. I liked Hyrule Temple to begin with; big stages are fuuuun.

Pictochat: Neutral
As far as we know, there's only one hazard involved with this stage. And by the looks of it, it doesn't look all too threatening. This stage is odd, but awesome at the same time. I'm just glad that there aren't any walk-to-K.O. parts in this stage (such as FlatZone).

Summit: Counterpick legal
This stage looks incredible, and I don't see much reason to not make it a banned stage (the fish is a little fishy, but we don't have too much info on it yet ;o). And as some of you might know, you can swim in Brawl. So the part of the level where the stage sinks probably won't cause to be too much of a problem.

Norfair: Banned
This stage isn't like Brinstar where the lava only rises from the bottom. Uh-uh, it comes from the sides, beneath, the top, and from behind. And during some of those events, there's almost no escape. Plus, if you even manage to make it into that safety-platform, that's DAMAGE CITY right there. I'd like to see an un-nerfed Peach rule the hill in there, mmhmm.

This thread needed a huge bump. It really is awesome.

SmashWolf

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EchoSon
3DS FC
3738-0429-7658
Perhaps some hosters will allow some stage builder stages that are remade from older Super Smash Bros Melee/64. I'd doubt it, though.

Stuhddabahkz

Smash Apprentice
But... it'll be kinda gay to have to make the stages just so you can practice on them, don't you think? Goin' to a tournament and havin' to play on a stage you're not familar with at all would suck. I think if there's no FD, stage builder will be used for that and probably one other triple-platform's stage. I don't think stage builder will be big in the tournament scene, if there is one. Also, I say SMI is counter-pick due to the walls at the beginning, even if they can be knocked down and Pictochat being banned. I'm sure something about it will be... ehh. Great thread, though...

Top Bottom