• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Predict the unlocking conditions and order

jskylinegtr

Smash Rookie
What do you think the unlocking conditions and order will be for SSBU? I think you unlock a character every 5 matches, Mii Fighters are unlocked just by creating one, Challenger approaching fights will always have low AI. And i guess:
Peach at 5 matches, Zelda at 10 matches, another character at 15, then another every 5 until 325 matches done.
Or, if the character is added in World of Light, just like SSBB's Subspace Emissary, the character is unlocked for regular play as well without a Challenger approaching duel.

Arthur97

Smash Master
Play World of Light.

If there is more than one method, I hope its more than just playing matches.

SmashyNess

Smash Rookie
Pretty sure you'll be able to unlock them through World of Light, like it used to be with Subspace Emissary. Or through regular matches as an alternative like it has always been. The Directs also hinted that characters would be unlocked in the order they appeared in throughout the series. That would be impossible if you unlock them through WoL, but it could very well be the case if you're unlocking them through the regular means of standard matches.

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
How do we know they’re going to be the first? They really could be in any order.

Last edited:

Arthur97

Smash Master
I wouldn't mind if you could only unlock those four at first and after that the gates were open for all the others.

AnimeSwordwoman

Smash Rookie
All: rescue the character in World of Light/buy them from a Shop/do x number of VS matches
Jigglypuff: Complete Classic Mode
Captain Falcon: Complete Classic Mode 20/12 minutes
Ness: Complete Classic Mode with no continues
Falco: Complete Century Smash
Snake: Play 15 VS Matches on Shadow Moses
Duck Hunt: KO one opponent in Cruel Smash
Chrom: Obtain Chrom Mii fighter costume, see the Robin's victory screen with Chrom and KO an opponent with Robin's Final Smash

jskylinegtr

Smash Rookie
How do we know they’re going to be the first? They really could be in any order.
I predict they would be unlocked every 5 matches, with either the previously starter turned unlockables going first or the 64 unlockables being the first few to unlock through VS, then Challenger Approaching duels would always have low AI difficulty due to the streamlined conditions.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
i think it would actually be kind of cool if we were set to unlock every fighter in order of introduction to series although i do not see that happening since many people will probably be unhappy to have to wait so long to finally play as new fighters, especially ridley and k rool who many have waited a very long time to finally be able to play as. I personally would not mind though since we still get to play as them at the end of the day.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
i think it would actually be kind of cool if we were set to unlock every fighter in order of introduction to series although i do not see that happening since many people will probably be unhappy to have to wait so long to finally play as new fighters, especially ridley and k rool who many have waited a very long time to finally be able to play as. I personally would not mind though since we still get to play as them at the end of the day.
This is where the amiibo comes into play assuming the rumor is true.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
This is where the amiibo comes into play assuming the rumor is true.
True but also who knows how many will actually be available for those who want them, also correct me if i am wrong but i think several amiibo are coming out months after launch with some (particularly k rool) still not even having a release date announced.

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
True but also who knows how many will actually be available for those who want them, also correct me if i am wrong but i think several amiibo are coming out months after launch with some (particularly k rool) still not even having a release date announced.
K.Rool does have a release date it was in the direct. February 15th alongside Ice Climbers and Piranha Plant. I already got both K.Rool and Ice Climbers pre-ordered. Trying to get the Plant as well but it keeps selling out everywhere so fast.

Anyway I hope the amiibo rumor or Vs. matches are true. World of Light doesn't look that fun to me and depending how long it is, it would probably just be quicker to 1-stock run off the edge 325 times (depending if the characters are unlocked every 5 matches) than to complete the entire World of Light to unlock everyone.

jskylinegtr

Smash Rookie
So i guess, Challenger approaching Duels were skyrocketing difficulty in previous games, but i expect for SSBU that it will always be Low AI difficulty to accommodate for the high amount of unlockable characters.

Arthur97

Smash Master
They were typically not that hard anyway. And I think that one of them actually had inverted difficulty.

Top Bottom