• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Practicing Footstool Combos...

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Did you put the cpu on lvl9?

The grab-release combo only works on wario, so make sure you're doing the f-tilt combo instead.

I didn't even know you could change the cpu to lvl9 on training mode for some time.

Zephron

Smash Ace
I have a very hard time getting to footstool them. I push the analog stick towards them and double jump real quick but nothing happens ever. I try one jump and that doesnt work. I know they're high enough because I've tried several heights. Any tips on getting the footstool on?

The Great Leon

Smash Champion
I don't think anyone's actually practiced these. Not very many people are good enough at winning with Sheik atm to practice superfluous tech. This is incredibly flashy, but also very difficult and kinda situational. I don't really think its worth it either. If you are having trouble beating your friend's Wario, learning this trick won't fill the void in your respective skill levels. Getting better at the game will though. Just keep practicing the basics.

clowsui

Smash Legend
it's not really superfluous, seeing as if you catch them with an ftilt and they're pretty close to you (i.e. the %s where you should be FTilting) you can just footstool -> ff bair -> full needles -> single needle -> usmash (that was for ppl who didn't know it >_>). it's not supposed to be for killing, it's supposed to be for a good 40-50% damage

granted it's difficult to get it on many different stages because of platforms and stuff but so long as you hold down you'll pass through them (i think)

The Great Leon

Smash Champion
assuming that theres no stage interference, you have fully charged needles, theyre in the small percentage window where it works, and they are perfectly spaced from your ftilt then i guess its good. what im saying is that this shouldnt be used as a band aid fix to the problem of getting outplayed. instead of practicing this incredibly hard trick you could be practicing the basics of predicting and punishing. its dumb. and if youre going to put percentage on, why not just keep ftilting into a follow up, and then throw your needles anyway?

Wind Owl

Smash Lord
I just thought it was cool so I wanted to practice it >____>

I realize it's not an auto-win or even that helpful. I was just wondering if there was a way to practice it =/

Besides, part of the Wario combo is grab release to tipper'd USmash, which IS useful.

The Great Leon

Smash Champion
idk its not that practical so no ones played with it. the theme of the combo is 'locked in hitstun' so aside from DI i think a computer target would be just fine. if you get that down have your little brother DI or something. imo theres just more important things to practice :|

grab release *****

Wind Owl

Smash Lord
OK, well what about something simple like FTilt (xN), footstool, Vanish/Downsmash? Does it work without the needle lock, or are they allowed to roll in any direction?

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
just so y'all know I'm using this before I'm even considering the boost up smash - it's something I'm currently putting into my game.

I try to get it out of tilt locks on certain characters at certain percents - and only on final (since i'm still practicing it i figure I'll just ignore smashville and bf even though the possibility is still there... the footstool is escapable... but when it lands... ohhhhhh maaaannnn hahaha

tha_carter

Smash Ace
Ive pulled it off with a f-tilt>footstool>n-air....

and the faces they make after you pull it off is PRICELESS.
Although racking up damage was never the issue with sheik.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
you can actually (on the extremely extremely rare occasion) do double jab footstool falling strong neutral

it's a ko move at the percents thats viable

it's like the least likely way to kill somebody ever - but hey it sure looks nice LOL

Top Bottom