• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Powershield to Downsmash

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
falco's? i think because i was right in the middle of the hitbox, there's like a weak hit, similar to the 'arms' of peach's up smash or whatever you call them.

Velox

Smash Ace
LOL, did you tell G@BE about this? He had to have done it to me 20 times in 1 match the other day, it's crazy good.

I'd never seen it till then.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
No, smiles has done it and he told me that's what he does vs falco....I've known about it for a while and started practicing it after EVO

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
speaking of things in that video, anyone notice how hard it is to punish falco's overb to the edge when he does it from the right distance away? (ex.(s) towards the end of the videos when the dair edgeguard fails DoH)

Maybe i'll try to practice powershielding...

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Well I don't think I was doing it off the stage, so he avoided the hitbox completely because I was dumb.

$BONE$

Smash Ace
you can apply a powersheild strategy against any attack that doesn't combo( moves that combo are most notably-- peach's d-air, jiggly's d-air, mario's d-air unless you powersheild the last frame then.... you'll more likely than not.. still get hit. im guessing because the frames are right after another.) it just takes skill & precision. you have a better chance at powersheilding the lasers since it can stop his approach all together before he even pillars you. kei is ridiculous at powersheilding falco's lasers.

if you could powersheild consistently... hahaha. oh gosh. i can only imagine. you would need ridiculous reflexes. thats all i have to say about that.

more power to you if you can base a strategy off that. seems unrealistic in my opinion. :/

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
I do it vs. spammy Samus players as every character i play except GW. If only I were even half as good at powershielding lasers as I am at powershielding missiles and charge shots...

K1T3

Smash Lord
PS to downsmash works great on any character. I do it a lot against fox's nair approach. MrC and Fear are better at it too. Good for falcons fair, even nair somehow... I can't get that one quite right but C does it. Also works for other chars like for fox PS to upsmash is too good.

I uploaded some vids of Smiles quite awhile ago heres one of them. Check around 2:50 for a series of PSing and then to downsmash.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2690481288057632347
Check the more from user, he Powershields quite a lot even against other characters, and also does things like ps to ground float bair.

Cort

Apple Head
I usually ground dodge cause of pressing c stick down after... I have sort of given up on PSing into dsmash cause I'm a lot better at nairing out of my shield when Falco is pressuring it.

Anyone care to explain how it's done more effectively?

Magus420

Smash Master
You have to make sure you release the L/R button before pressing the c-stick, and also be sure to wait till after the hitlag + shieldstun is over. If you hit the c-stick before your shieldstun is complete you'll sidestep instead. Just wait a little longer to press it since the timing can look different than it actually is with the powershield animation.

Top Bottom