• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pound 4 Travel Info for Norcal READ LAST POST FOR CURRENT PRICES!

MacD

Banned via Administration
for anyone flying out of SF, LA, or SD you can save 10% this way

I booked 8 plane tickets for my players in Puerto Rico who are attending Pound 4, so we have 8 players confirmed. BTW, I dont play Smash, but I am the person who makes all the travel arrangements for the PR players (FAST1, Genesis, etc...)

While doing this, I requested an EVENT CODE with Airtran Airways for all the out-of-state players flying into BWI to attend the event. This EVENT CODE will give you a 10% discount on your fare, without taxes. I encourage everybody to use this code as I need to meet a number of people using the code, otherwise I have to pay for the difference.

Anyhow, here is what you have to do:

• Contact the AirTran Airways EventSavers Desk at 1-866-68EVENT (1-866-683-8368) for reservations.
  • Provide the following Event Code: BWI011510
  • Provide the following Event Name: Pound 4
  • Provide the flight details or ask the customer rep to help you find the cheapest rate.
  • Once the cheapest rate is found, they will apply a 10% discount on the fare.
  • Provide payment info to customer rep
  • Enjoy your 10% discount!!!

If someone has any questions dont hesitate to ask me. Also, if someone needs help with finding flights or paying for it, let me know and I can probably assist.

Thanks.

Kasht

P.S. Can someone update the first post with the AirTran fare discount info?

Zoap

Smash Master
UPDATE: I found tickets from SFO-IAD for 190.40 round trip. I've spoke with Plank and he and his helpers are doing pickups from this airport.

Right now me and Phil are the only two who have booked but we are flying out of Oakland-BWI. Those tickets are holding steady at 230.

If you need any help with finding any of these flights let me know through AIM, Text, or PM. Also if you are not planning on renting a car make sure you tell Plank that you need pickup.

Also make sure you either find housing or book a room at the sponsored hotel as it has a shuttle and is a really good deal.

Also make sure you register as it goes up another 2.50 at the end of September. Making it 52.50 for Teams/Singles and 40.00 for just singles.

Ill update the thread when I'm feeling less lazy.

Any question AIM or PM.

pockyD

Smash Legend
I just booked tickets for me and falcomist for $160 each

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Thu Jan 14[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2180[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Depart SAN FRANCISCO CA (SFO) at 1:30 PM
Arrive in LAS VEGAS NV (LAS) at 3:05 PM
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1988[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Change planes in LAS VEGAS NV (LAS) departing at 4:10 PM
Arrive in WASHINGTON DULLES (IAD) at 11:35 PM
[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Tue Jan 19[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]3601[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Depart WASHINGTON DULLES (IAD) at 11:40 AM
Arrive in CHICAGO MIDWAY (MDW) at 12:40 PM
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]0221[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Change planes in CHICAGO MIDWAY (MDW) departing at 2:05 PM
Arrive in SAN FRANCISCO CA (SFO) at 5:05 PM
[/FONT]
More legible version..

Airline: Southwest Airlines

SFO->LAS->IAD
SFO (departure, flight 2180): 1/14 (Thursday) 1:30 P.M.
LAS (transfer, flight 1988): 3:05 P.M.-4:10 P.M.
IAD (arrival): 11:35 P.M.

IAD->MDW->SFO
IAD (departure, flight 3601): 1/19 (Tuesday) 11:40 A.M.
MDW (transfer, flight 0221): 12:40 P.M.-2:05 P.M.
SFO (arrival): 5:05 P.M.

There are still a few more tickets at this price at the time of this post (from what I can tell, at least 2 at the same price for the departing trip, and a lot for the return trip), so if anyone wants to roll with us, jump on it!

I booked it @ http://www.southwest.com ...
Round Trip
Depart: 1/14
Return: 1/19

and just FYI, southwest doesn't do assigned seating so that's not a concern (just book your tickets and we can sit together when the time comes), and they allow 2 free checked bags so there's no extra charge for that

as someone who has had to fly to the EC multiple times, this is an incredible deal and everyone else should step on it if you can!

Zoap

Smash Master
UPDATE: SFO-BWI/IAD are over $300, OAK-BWI/IAD are low of $260-270. So anyone who decided that you'd wait when I had the 190 or even the 230 deal going well now your looking pretty grim. Last I checked Southwest was at 245 out of Oakland to BWI.

On a side note I decided to search out of Sacramento Airport today and tickets are only 238 into BWI. So Southwest for those in the Bay. Also I didn't bother checking San Jose because its stupid.

pockyD

Smash Legend
currently $170 round trip from southwest for the same flights me and justin are taking

at least 8 seats available

i'll consider spotting people (because ticket prices change so much), so talk to me if you're interested

aim = 'horizonflash'

Zoap

Smash Master
Found tickets leaving Friday(1/15) out of Oakland to BWI and Returning Tuesday(1/19) out of IAD to SFO for $208 roundtrip. Both airports plank is giving a ride to. Also an Oakland-BWI and BWI-Oakland are going at 244 round trip.

HugS™

Smash Lord
The last post is no longer the informative post it was meant to be.

Noob.
Put that **** in the first post.

joeplicate

Smash Master
got my tickets

1896 SAN JOSE CA FRI 15JAN 10:15 AM
DALLAS FT WORTH 3:40 PM
Economy Seat 16A

American Airlines 1298
DALLAS FT WORTH FRI 15JAN 4:25 PM
BALTIMORE WASHNTN 8:10 PM
Economy Seat 14A

American Airlines 897
BALTIMORE WASHNTN TUE 19JAN 10:45 AM
DALLAS FT WORTH 1:25 PM T
Economy Seat 26A

American Airlines 1499
DALLAS FT WORTH TUE 19JAN 3:15 PM
SAN JOSE CA 5:05 PM

Zoap

Smash Master
UPDATED FIRST POST. Updates are in Red. If your too lazy to read them they are Southwest prices, a sale from SFO-BWI for $221 and a sale from SFO-IAD for $160.

BUY UR TICKETS 160 to fly across the country is nothing. If you need help finding them contact me via pm or aim.

pockyD

Smash Legend
i just booked a hotel room

"officially" 6 people

2 queen beds and a rollaway

it'd be nice if we can track who's in it in the first post to see if we need to get a second one at some point

if you decide you want to be in on the hotel room, you WILL pay for it, no matter where you end up sleeping (i.e. if we have 8 people in our room and there's 3 in another so you go there, you are still going to help pay for our room) unless you find someone to take your place

we can work out a system for the breakfasts; worst case if everyone wants to go (which i doubt will be the case, especially for 4 days), we can split the cost for each person over 6 (i assume the first 6 eat free)

edit: some other things people need to keep in mind money-wise

money for the hotel room (~$50)

money for food (it's up to you to decide how much you spend)

money for transportation to/from the airport (if we get lucky and a smasher takes us, $10/person each way - if we have to get a taxi, it's going to be ~$20/person each way)

people who are going with me on thursday night, i kind of want to go 'see the sights' friday if anyone else is up for it, so if you are, bring some money for that too (for the metro, buses, hookers and whatnot)

pockyD

Smash Legend
neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds

but yeah that does raise another good point; if you've never traveled to the east coast, bring warm clothes, and by warm i mean super warm by norcal standards

Adam M!

Smash Lord
yeah, my mom told me baltimore is known for quality seafood

so i would love to see the sights (even though i'm not in your hotel)

Top Bottom