• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Pound 2016 Competitive Impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I'm wondering if Aba will use :4mewtwo:against VoiD. It'd be super hype to see, but VoiD himself plays Mewtwo so he most likely understands how the character plays.

bc1910

Smash Lord
NNID
bc1910
3DS FC
1478-6611-0182
That MK/Rosa MU looks ridiculous. I'm glad they read that message from Tyrant clarifying that the ladder's only easy on floaties though.

BSP

Smash Legend
@SolidSense watching Void v Scatt yesterday reminded of that post you made a while back about picking mega man, going to majors, and losing to Sheik sitting on the other side of the stage throwing needles at you.

Not to knock Void because he's an incredible player and just playing the MU to Sheik's strengths, but dang that was sad.

Also let me commend KID Goggles' movement with sonic. I think he's using dash dance pivots regularly and it makes Sonic look like the speed demon he really is. I want more sonic players to get to that level with his running, because that's where his true strength is.

Last edited:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Poor K9 just not finding his feet vs Mr R, for a second it looked like he was gonna come back in Sheik dittos but not quite.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
VoiD imo is a no-win scenario for Abadango

Either he gets dismantled as Meta Knight, especially considering his weaker fundamentals, or he goes Mewtwo against somebody who has an understanding of the character.

Mr. R 3-0s K9, NAKAT vs. ESAM up next with ESAM going... Corrin.

Last edited:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
And now comes the interesting MU. I really hope NAKAT picks Ness and...

AND THEN ESAM PICKS CORRIN.

EDIT: Well if you're gonna sideB into kick ness at the edge you deserve the Bthrow! :p

EDIT2: But he's bringing it right back. Good golly!

EDIT3: THAT SIDEB THOUGH.

EDIT4: Well if you PKT2 into Corrin offstage you deserve the Counter Surge! :p

Last edited:

bc1910

Smash Lord
NNID
bc1910
3DS FC
1478-6611-0182
Wow, ESAM picking Corrin against NAKAT. If he does well he's about to put Corrin on the map for this tourney.

Vyrnx

Smash Ace
Esam seems like he's losing confidence in his Pika
Dang that counter kill
edit: holy cow. no wonder he's picking corrin instead

Last edited:

EnhaloTricks

Smash Apprentice
Y'know, I think this is smart on ESAM's part. He's totally not dropping Pika though lol. this is just a bad MU for Pika and ESAM even had it as 60-40 on his tier list.

Oh mannn that counter. NAKAT should've known better smh.

EDIT: Was gonna say that NAKAT should go Fox as I find that MU wayyy better than Ness/Corrin... but he goes Pika? what? lol

Last edited:

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
I agree with Ash. Picking Pikachu was a bad choice, if NAKAT wins he's still going to get dismantled game 4.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I agree with Ash. Picking Pikachu was a bad choice, if NAKAT wins he's still going to get dismantled game 4.
Of course, but at least if he wins he gets that extra chance to adapt a little bit. It gives him more Corrin exp in case he feels like he needs to go to Ness or Fox to avoid the Pika dittos.

EDIT: But he narrowly loses anyway so welp. :p

What was that about Corn having a disappointing placement?

I can't hear them over the sound of dragons.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Let it be known that ESAM is the only Corrin player atm who's repping Male Corn. :4corrin:

That was so sick. Just as I kept saying in the past the character was an overrated mid-tier, I learned today that I need to eat my hat lol

Last edited by a moderator:

AnEventHorizon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aneventhorizon
So we just saw ESAM switch to Corrin for 3 games, and NAKAT's Pikachu failing that Uthrow to Thunder kill a few times.
Good day for Corrin, not so hot for Ness (Rosalina was seen as a counter andI'd argue Corrin is far far easier to pick up) and Pikachu.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Nairo Killers Hyuga and Saj lol

hypersonicJD

Smash Journeyman
NNID
I don't have
3DS FC
2122-7467-7267
Man, Corrin was looking amazing againts Ness. Didn't expect it to be so good for Corrin.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Not so good for Pikachu for multiple reasons too - NAKAT failed using him, and ESAM wasn't even willing to bring him out against the possibility of NAKAT's Ness. Meanwhile Ness lost convincingly to Corrin and I'm desperately hoping FOW or Shaky will convince me that MU isn't as bad as it seems. But for now it's definitely a bad moment for Ness, we may have to come to terms with a real swordsman counter.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
And I was about to be hype over the idea that boomerangs, bombs, swords and arrows but nawwwww.

The comparisons to brawl ICs are stunning. I'd forgotten about the magic that was TL vs ICs in Brawl and how having a bomb in hand was crucial to avoid grab --> deaths. The play from Hyuga is stunningly impressive, I'm actually really loving this.

And yet Hyuga still going well on T&C.

Last edited:

bc1910

Smash Lord
NNID
bc1910
3DS FC
1478-6611-0182
That was only one set, not a gamechanger for Corrin IMO. Doesn't show too much besides him being a Ness counter, just like Aba's performance vs Dabuz shows MK as a Rosa counter but still nerfed overall. Nice to see him get some rep though.

Okay, that game 1 was a good example of why Bayo is problematic. Hyuga outplayed Saj quite severely, but still lost.

Last edited:

EnhaloTricks

Smash Apprentice
I definitely think corrin is a ness counter. You need to be fast to punish corrin and Ness just can't contest with her disjoints and aerial ac. Tbh, nakat didn't take advantage of her recovery, though.

It was a lose-lose for nakat, though. He goes ness? Esam goes corrin. He goes pika/fox? Esam goes pika. There was nothing he could do.

Jalil

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JeMaraj
Hyuga played so well vs saj that match and had the percent lead but messed up once and bayo did bayo things :awesome:
Still in this tho

Last edited:

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
That was only one set, not a gamechanger for Corrin IMO. Doesn't show too much besides him being a Ness counter, just like Aba's performance vs Dabuz shows MK as a Rosa counter but still nerfed overall. Nice to see him get some rep though.

Okay, that game 1 was a good example of why Bayo is problematic. Hyuga outplayed Saj quite severely, but still lost.
I agree with you a bit about Corrin, but Pikachu is considered a losing match for Corrin. Sooo yeah.

thehard

Smash Lord
NNID
Barbecutie
Hyuga is baiting out Saj's Bayo very well. Shame he got robbed Game 1. And I barely use that term.

Larry vs Scatt next

bc1910

Smash Lord
NNID
bc1910
3DS FC
1478-6611-0182
I agree with you a bit about Corrin, but Pikachu is considered a losing match for Corrin. Sooo yeah.
Really? Any sources? I've never heard that before and would have thought Pika would struggle significantly with Corrin's range. Either way it shows Corrin's relevancy vs two good characters.

I think Hyuga's got this.

Last edited:

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
That was excruciating to watch. Hyuga 3-2 Saj, Toon Link vs. Bayo isn't fun to watch lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom