• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential "Wobble"??

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Hey guys, sorry I'm brand spankin new to IC. Picked them up last night, and was surprised at what I could do with just a short amount of time in training mode. I didn't see this in any threads I've browsed around, so tell mew what you think.

What I do is I grab someone, then I desync and roll to the opposite side with nana. If I time it right, I can get nana to grab them when Popo lets go. Then, while mashing them with Nana, I can roll to the other side of my opponent and grab them with Popo when nana releases them. (This part of it is the easier part, the tough part is re grabbing with nana. But, if you know when they'll break from the grab, you have a 2-3 second window, you can re grab with nana too)

Anyone know what I'm talking about? It's basically sandwiching your opponent in between nana and popo and grabbing them, mashing them, letting them break (they can't break through the air if you are mashing) and re grabbing again with the opposite climber.

Is there something I'm missing, ie has this been found out and a way around it figured out? Because it's pretty easy to do and t's really similar to wobbling, except you need really good timing to get it going for longer periods of time.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I prefer to do their release grab by having nana walk just a little bit ahead of me while I hit them, then she's in position to grab them when they get released (except against luigi, he slides way too far).

LaserBust

Smash Journeyman
My friend showed me this a while bax. I truly think its an infinite 2 some characters. (Ness any1? xD)
But idk, I think it depends on the oppenents "Escape" animation. Making this limited 2 only specific chars.

Anyway, even if it was an infinite, it would b alot harder than the 10000 million we have now. And u would rack up dmg slower too. The last con would b the fact that at lower %s the oppenent can break out. So yeh..

Meh input.

EDIT - Now that I think about, I do this all the time. Like sometimes Ill try 2 rack up dmg with my Dsmash, and they will escape, so I jus.. grab again, and continue.. but yeh..

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
LAserBust, I don't think you understood what I was doing. I wasn't just letting them escape then re grabbing them. As soon as they let go nana grabs them immediately. They don't have a chance to recover, no matter who they are (except characters who slide crazy far like luigi) this isn't related to the Ness/Lucas thing, which exploits lag after a grab break, they don't have to lag after their grab break for nana to re grab them.

I'm just wondering if there's something I'm missing seeing as how I've only tried it on CPUs..

LaserBust

Smash Journeyman
Yeh, I understood. I was jus re thinkin wut I said too, but I was 2 lazy 2 edit.. Again.
The (Ness any1) waz a joke. But yeh.. xD

EDIT -The only problem in this CG iz the fact that the timing would not only b diffrent 4 evrey char, but also depending on how fast/if yur oppenent squiggles free of the grab.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
This is sort of new. People haven't talked about it on the boards yet, though some of us know.

There are generally 4 set-ups for the release grab infinite. Not many people know about this, so I will list them.

1. Mash grab attack while having nana walk forward. When they break out, grab and repeat.

2. Make nana roll and grab as they break free.

3. Make nana walk forward and then turn around..no rolling. This is easier when nana grabs.

4. Make nana do a dashing grab from the release. You can get your opponent to the edge fast like this.

Notes: You must be grab attacking while holding them. Otherwise they might jump-break. It is a lot easier for them to break out fast and mess up your timing at lower %'s. Dash grabs are useful here.

Let me know if you have other questions :).

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Wow thanks, that was amazing! Yeah, the timing is very dependent on how fast people mash it. but, the good part is, I can watch their controller to see if they are mashing or not. Heh.

kamekasu

Smash Ace
I tried this when I heard about release grab infinites on other characters, but it always seemed more effective to just use alternating throws in the same situation because you get more damage in, and faster.

Ekoix.exe

Smash Ace
LaserBust's posts always want to make me rip my eye balls out and skullrape myself. But I would find this more useful in a situation where you want to stall or piss off your opponent. Also, From what I can see, this is much easier to perform at higher percentages then alternating throws, so you could possibly start off quickly with alternating then work your way into this "Wobble"

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
But I would find this more useful in a situation where you want to stall or piss off your opponent
You hit the nail on the head. I want to win as gayly possible against Snake doing this. If I just did a chain grab, it would be too fast and look too neat. I want it slow, dull and to fully annoy. I'll probably stick to other chain grabs against other characters. Heh. And really, I think it is a good strategy to frustrate your opponent in a dull process. I think it works wonders to mess up their flow and timing. Everybody ever notice, in Melee, someone would get grabbed at 80%, regular chained grabbed to death by ICs, and just kinda try to DI it and come back aggressive. But if they got wobbled slowly , they'd come back a lot more agitated, annoyed and prone to mistakes.

Ekoix.exe

Smash Ace
You hit the nail on the head. I want to win as gayly possible against Snake doing this. If I just did a chain grab, it would be too fast and look too neat. I want it slow, dull and to fully annoy. I'll probably stick to other chain grabs against other characters. Heh. And really, I think it is a good strategy to frustrate your opponent in a dull process. I think it works wonders to mess up their flow and timing. Everybody ever notice, in Melee, someone would get grabbed at 80%, regular chained grabbed to death by ICs, and just kinda try to DI it and come back aggressive. But if they got wobbled slowly , they'd come back a lot more agitated, annoyed and prone to mistakes.
Yes! We must rid the world of Snakes.

LaserBust

Smash Journeyman
Plz.. 4 god sakes, hop off meh nutz..

Anyway, yeh I see wut u guys r saying. Mayb Ill use it as a torment technique or something..
I mostly play friends anyway, and I dont wanna lose em. Heh.

Nintendogs

Smash Journeyman
Although if you did this the person you were brawling would always want CG's to be banned.:(

Ekoix.exe

Smash Ace
Plz.. 4 god sakes, hop off meh nutz..

Anyway, yeh I see wut u guys r saying. Mayb Ill use it as a torment technique or something..
I mostly play friends anyway, and I dont wanna lose em. Heh.
You've got balls? Somehow I can doubt that.... Also, If you have any real friends, They dont ditch you for roflownfacing them slowly at a game.

Top Bottom