• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

POTENTIAL Wichita, KS Brawl Tournament - Tentative Date (January 10th)

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Alright, well the smashers here in Wichita have really been wanting to plan a good Brawl tournament. What we really need to know is if enough people are interested in entering.

The rules for the tourney would be close to the same as the JCCC tourneys (if not the exact same).

If you have a crew that's interested in coming, please let me know how many people there are.

Just post here letting me know how many.

*People interested so far*
-Wichita Brawlers (13-20)
-KC Brawlers (11-17)
-Derby Brawlers (4)
-South Dakota Brawlers (4-6)
-St. Louis Brawlers (6-9)

Thanks!

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
oh wow...just saw this...this would be cool....where were u planning to hold this? that same place as fo sho was?

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
oh wow...just saw this...this would be cool....where were u planning to hold this? that same place as fo sho was?
Yeah, I was planning on us hosting it at Hawthorne Suites again. I'm talking with someone about renting the rooms; I just want to make sure that we'll have enough people coming before any fees are paid.

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
alright ! we need a good flier and some way of getting the word out... to locals! probably hit up WSU with fliers and try to get some gamestop employees to help spread the word, like paradox or sean or someone. also i know a good brackets program we could put on your laptop to do brackets . well that if you decide to finalize this...

Jace08

Smash Lord
Hey Affinity what do you think about including a small melee tournament in addition to the Brawl one? More people would show up, I would think.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Hey Affinity what do you think about including a small melee tournament in addition to the Brawl one? More people would show up, I would think.
Its a good idea, but for the place that's available I know there won't be enough space.

Also, I think I'm gonna have to postpone the tentative date. There isn't enough time to plan everything in less than 2 weeks.

I'll update this thread once everything's organized.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Alright guys, today we ran a local cash mini-tournament in Royal Nynja's basement and it went well; the only thing we're looking for right now is a bigger location.

I'll keep you all posted!

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
this would just be terrific. perhaps we could make it a seasonal thing too? once every 3-4 months...it'd be a nice way to bring some out of city/state talent in and to spread the word about the smash scene here in wichita.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
--updated--

All us Wichita smashers will be meeting today, so we'll talk about this. I'll update this again if I get anymore info.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
wsu and facebook are probably the two best ways of getting the word out in wichita itself.

the other local colleges could help too.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
wsu and facebook are probably the two best ways of getting the word out in wichita itself.

the other local colleges could help too.
I thought about that too, but I'm waiting until we actually find a place. Every place I've been to is either way too expensive or has ridiculous rules (one place had a rule against people dancing; up to $5000 fine :dizzy:)

Plus, I also found out that Wichita has this stupid law, that ONLY exists in Wichita and Phoenix in all of the US, that says we have to have a permit to run any kind of tournament that has a pot because taxes will have to be paid.

I'm working to get all this resolved and organized. I'll keep everyone posted.

Depster

Smash Champion
I could come if it were a Sunday tourney, but those are rare =/ but I doubt anyone but me would be interested in my crew since I'm the only one that plays seriously XD

DeathxTouch

Smash Apprentice
Hey I am a guaranteed Wichitan at the tourney if that matters or not.
-I don't post or anything on Smash Forums but I heard about your bi-weeklies and just decided to join this forum since there are some hardcore wichita brawlers around.

Top Bottom