• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casey_Contra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Casey_Contra
I think its because of his recover from what I gathered from the leak vids
That's like saying Ike is a Kirby clone because they have similar recovery moves. Obviously there might be more similarities between Jr. and Diddy, but we are basing this all off of ~45 seconds of footage.

Bonren

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bonren
3DS FC
1564-2345-5130
If the upcoming Nintendo direct is Japan only, can we really expect a character reveal? I'm kinda doubting it, but i'm sure we will get some more info + maybe the pic of the day might be a little more juicy.

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
That's like saying Ike is a Kirby clone because they have similar recovery moves. Obviously there might be more similarities between Jr. and Diddy, but we are basing this all off of ~45 seconds of footage.
I'm not saying they are clones I'm just stating that I think that's the reason people are thinking that but I for one am not in the same boat for them

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
You can basically disprove it based on what we've seen. If Bowser Jr. was a clone, which he's definitely not, he'd be with the other clones on the CSS and Dixie wouldn't be (supposedly) in the game. The whole idea is silly.

NeroRevolver

Smash Cadet
NNID
NeroRevolver
Honestly, I get Shulk is a wanted character and all. But as for RPG related characters Id want over anyone else Id have to go with Crono. I would of love to had seen a stage where you battle on top of the epoch and you traverse through time riffs and see all the locals of Chrono Trigger. Plus DAT MUSIC.

Maybe 10 years from now, maybe....highly doubtful. But still.

D

Deleted member

Crazy, that's actually what justifies his appearance for me. Sakurai said he wanted to focus on newcomers that could have interesting play styles - Bowser Jr. in the Clown Car is perfect for that!
Honestly, I was kinda hoping Bowser Jr. would fight with his paintbrush, and maybe his Final Smash would turn him into Shadow Mario for a bit. I loved that in Super Mario Sunshine.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Honestly, I get Shulk is a wanted character and all. But as for RPG related characters Id want over anyone else Id have to go with Crono. I would of love to had seen a stage where you battle on top of the epoch and you traverse through time riffs and see all the locals of Chrono Trigger. Plus DAT MUSIC.

Maybe 10 years from now, maybe....highly doubtful. But still.
Crono isn't owned by Nintendo anymore. It would be cool but it's pretty much impossible because Crono is a freaking badass, but still.

For me personally, Isaac and Shulk are the RPG go to guys.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
It's clear the 3DS version gimped the roster and wii u version. Remember Sakurai saying Ice Climbers were proving to be a problem on 3DS hardware? And now we have the worst roster in smash history. Two Mario's, two links, two bowsers, 4 fire emblems, the duck hunt dog, transformations separated hogging up more character spots, and exactly ZERO of the hype three. Piles of clones, a tiny roster, few newcomers (with only two being notable).

This roster is horrible. For a series that's main draw is it's roster, the roster is always disappointing. I'm starting to think somebody other than Sakurai should be choosing. This is the worst roster in series history and considering melee, that's saying something.
Ok, I respect your opinion but, it's NOT because of the 3DS limitations. We may still be getting 53 characters. The guy just hasn't unlocked everyone yet, so don't call it the worst roster ever. And don't judge the newcomers until you try them.

Last edited:

NeroRevolver

Smash Cadet
NNID
NeroRevolver
Crono isn't owned by Nintendo anymore. It would be cool but it's pretty much impossible because Crono is a freaking badass, but still.

For me personally, Isaac and Shulk are the RPG go to guys.
Yeah he's Square's property. Same issue with Geno.

I would like to think that Nintendo is on pretty good terms with square too, they'd be 3rd party but their fan base is well aware of how good both of those characters would fit into the smash universe. Especially Geno, considering Crono would just add to the whole animu sword wielder category.

Considering I will probably never see them in Smash, I have to say the roster looks fine the way it is right now. Clones and all. I just TRULY hope that they give Doc a new down special and not FLUDD. That's coming from someone who USED the fludd a lot actually for recovery gimmicks.

Sayjin

Smash Journeyman
Yeah... No. You can change Lucina's class all you want but you can never have her be a grounded Mage which is Robin's big thing. Lucina would be a piss poor representation. Along with that, she's the THIRD main character of the game. Adding her would be like spitting on Robin and Chrom fans grave. It would actually feel like she was just added because she is a female and not because she is a character worthy of a slot (which she is, but not in Robin's way.)
Depending on her mother, she can be a mage. It'd still completely ignore the fact that Smash is based on defaults, though. Also, Chrom is the third main character, not Lucina. Lucina is pretty much the first character designed for the game, and is IS's favorite character. Robin was the second character designed. No idea when Chrom was designed, it may have been quite a bit later into character development that he was made, but he wasn't before Lucina or Robin.

As far as plot goes, Robin is the protagonist, Lucina the deuteragonist, and Chrom is the MacGuffin.

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
As I have said if the leaked roster is all we have, then fine I would be happy but a little disappointed. I still would think it is the best roster yet, but I think we have more characters and no one can be 100% sure this is or isn't the entire roster until Sakurai says it is or the game is released.

I honestly think Ridley, Mewtwo, Dixie Kong, Chorus Men and Impa have a chance. Want K.Rool instead of Dixie though.
In fairness, it was about 3 in the morning at Nintendo of America HQ when the Direct was announced. I expect we'll get something once business hours start up.
Urge to hype myself...rising...

Last edited:

Bunny8093

Smash Journeyman
Well... they could do what they did with Robin and Lucina last month after all is said and done. Weren't they announced to be revealed after a Japan only direct? I dunno I might be mixed up.

The Revolutionary Cafe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CafeRevolution
3DS FC
2766-9632-2051
Switch FC
5665-2697-0979
Well... they could do what they did with Robin and Lucina last month after all is said and done. Weren't they announced to be revealed after a Japan only direct? I dunno I might be mixed up.
Yeah you got stuff mixed up. They were revealed in their own little live stream not a direct anything.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom