• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casey_Contra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Casey_Contra
This is the worst roster in series history and considering melee, that's saying something.
Interesting that you seem to indicate that Melee's roster is bad, yet it seems to be the most beloved in the series. While I personally like the roster, I understand you frustration. That being said, Melee goes to show that fun gameplay and solid mechanics are just as important as varied character options.

Also, if you are that unhappy then don't buy the game, but I'd rather see you online having a blast!

Swedish_Otaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Swedish_otaku
What thread is the main one for this discussion? It's confusing me. Anyway, all I wanna say is this.

I think the leak is real now. I don't want it to be because Ganondorf is the same and I don't see Mewtwo or Ice Climbers. Could Ganondorf not be finished yet in that version?

There has to be at least 4 or 5 characters left looking at the squares. It doesn't make sense to be less. The roster is already ruined from being perfect in my opinion with characters like Ike and Lucario and Toon Link. With clones and so on.

But I'm all for more characters IF the actually popular and important characters are still in it. If Mewtwo and I e Climbers are not in it... then Sakurai is stupid. I really don't wanna say it but that's how I feel.

Not including Mewtwo in Brawl was unforgivable. He's making yet again a idiotic mistake. Ice Climbers are unique and iconic. They are the sort of characters that SHOULD JUST BE IN no matter what. If they are not in and the reason is the 3DS game. Then **** you Nintendo, caring more about money than the fans. I wish there was not a 3DS version in that case. I don't even play with Ice Climbers.

And Wolf, he's not a clone... But Falco is in it. Dr Mario is in it. I don't care for Wolf personally. But to include a bunch of clones and not Wolf (or even Lucas) is a big "f u" to the fans of said characters.

And then Mewtwo. I LOVE Mewtwo. It's disgusting he wasn't in Brawl. Sakurai just have to have him in Smash 4. Including Lucario... clones... Dr. Mario... and not Mewtwo. I don't care if you don't like Mewtwo. He is one of the strongest and famous and likes PKMN. He's a real character and not like an animal. He's iconic and was already in the game before. He fights beautifully and fits so well in the game. Even the fact that Jigglypuff is in it over him makes me sad.

So hopefully at meast Mewtwo and Ice Climbers are in those 4 spots. And maybe it's Lucas and Wolf. And maybe someone new. It's so close to being the best roster ever. Just add in Mewtwo and Ice Climbers Sakurai and I can love Smash 4 to 100%. Please.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I don't think it's fair to say immediateley that Ganny is a clone again.
Yes, the moves we've seen are the same, but I don't think that sword Ganon is the best Ganon.
I still have hope we will see Dead Man's Volley and OoT's "Earthquake Punch" as specials and slightly further decloning in normals.

Mod Aure

Smash Cadet
It's clear the 3DS version gimped the roster and wii u version. Remember Sakurai saying Ice Climbers were proving to be a problem on 3DS hardware? And now we have the worst roster in smash history. Two Mario's, two links, two bowsers, 4 fire emblems, the duck hunt dog, transformations separated hogging up more character spots, and exactly ZERO of the hype three. Piles of clones, a tiny roster, few newcomers (with only two being notable).

This roster is horrible. For a series that's main draw is it's roster, the roster is always disappointing. I'm starting to think somebody other than Sakurai should be choosing. This is the worst roster in series history and considering melee, that's saying something.
What annoys me when I read posts that claim 'its a crap roster' is that they completely ignore the people that have been super popular but already revealed - Megaman and Pacman, to be precise. I mean, just because the leak has shown no sign of Ridley/Mewtwo/other favs, fans have immediately started going on hate tantrums despite how there have been great additions already PRIOR to the leak.

I mean, being disappointed and all is one thing, but ignoring the rest of the cast purely because you're tunnel visioning on a select 1 or 2 favourites is a horrible kind of bias.

It's clear the 3DS version gimped the roster and wii u version. Remember Sakurai saying Ice Climbers were proving to be a problem on 3DS hardware? And now we have the worst roster in smash history. Two Mario's, two links, two bowsers, 4 fire emblems, the duck hunt dog, transformations separated hogging up more character spots, and exactly ZERO of the hype three. Piles of clones, a tiny roster, few newcomers (with only two being notable).

This roster is horrible. For a series that's main draw is it's roster, the roster is always disappointing. I'm starting to think somebody other than Sakurai should be choosing. This is the worst roster in series history and considering melee, that's saying something.
The roster so far is fantastic, one of the most varied in Smash bros history. I'm still waiting for my babies Ridley and Mewtwo but the roster is truly astonishing at the moment.

We have the ability to play as:

Mega Man, Pac-Man, Sonic and Mario in one game. That's a freaking miracle in the gaming world. Sakurai did a fantastic job at making the newcomers unique by giving them each a unique mechanic.

PlTe

Smash Journeyman
I'm a little lost, did the 4chan post happen?

Also, I don't think the roster should be based on "characters x and y didn't get in", it should be based on "characters a and b got in!"
We have Shulk, Bowser Jr, Pac-Man, Mega Man, Robin, Palutena, Rosalina, Greninja, Lucina, Duck Hunt Dog, and many more. A lot of these characters had huge support, while some did not. But all of these characters are unique. None are based on "wanted" status.

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
What annoys me when I read posts that claim 'its a crap roster' is that they completely ignore the people that have been super popular but already revealed - Megaman and Pacman, to be precise. I mean, just because the leak has shown no sign of Ridley/Mewtwo/other favs, fans have immediately started going on hate tantrums despite how there have been great additions already PRIOR to the leak.

I mean, being disappointed and all is one thing, but ignoring the rest of the cast purely because you're tunnel visioning on a select 1 or 2 favourites is a horrible kind of bias.
Absolutely this. Claims that this is the worst roster so far are impossible to take seriously given the timing. :ohwell:

I'd have been ecstatic with the roster prior to the leak. I'm ecstatic with it as it is. The possibility of additional newcomers that we don't know about seems too good to be true at this point. :)

KingBroly

Smash Lord
I think it's a good roster held back by very questionable decisions. 4 Fire Emblem characters is baffling. Dr. Mario returning is just insanity. The seeming demise of the Ice Climbers. The lack of fan favorites like Mewtwo and Ridley. It's these type of decisions that really make people sour on the product because they're unnecessary roster moves.

Last edited:

PlTe

Smash Journeyman
I think it's a good roster held back by very questionable decisions. 4 Fire Emblem characters is baffling. Dr. Mario returning is just insanity. The seeming demise of the Ice Climbers. The lack of fan favorites like Mewtwo and Ridley. It's these type of decisions that really make people sour on the product because they're unnecessary roster moves.
Well Awakening is considered one of the best 3DS games, and it's hugely popular with the East. It's no wonder there are 2 new FE characters. Ice Climbers were taken away because of technical difficulties. Dr. Mario returning is okay, because he's different enough from Mario.

We don't know if the roster is complete yet so hold your horses everyone.

Last edited:

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Well Awakening is considered one of the best 3DS games, and it's hugely popular with the East. It's no wonder there are 2 new FE characters. Ice Climbers were taken away because of technical difficulties. Dr. Mario returning is okay, because he's different enough from Mario.
I just think that they could've put Robin's moveset on Lucina, because of how that game functions. We don't know how different Dr. Mario is from Mario, and I personally doubt it's much.

Legendary Beast, the post is being made under the assumption that this is the final roster.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Just woke up and I'm seeing a smash direct? And did the guy ever post the pics on 4chan last night?

CaptainCC

Smash Journeyman
Fire Emblem is a huge seller in Japan. The Eastern audiences look at us and wonder "Wtf is with all this Little Mac and Ridley garbage?"

Casey_Contra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Casey_Contra
If Bowser Junior is legit, I'd wish he wouldn't be in his Hovercraft thing..
Crazy, that's actually what justifies his appearance for me. Sakurai said he wanted to focus on newcomers that could have interesting play styles - Bowser Jr. in the Clown Car is perfect for that!

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895

Saying there are character slots is basically an ignorant way of saying "My favorite character didn't make it in because someone took his slot".

Sheik didn't take up a slot, Sheik was probably being worked on before most of the cast and was going to have a spot anyways. Sakurai never said Ice Climbers were proving to be a problem, he said multiple characters in one slot were proving to be a problem. This includes Olimar and Rosaluma. If you don't like the roster, that's fine. But, and I am really sorry to say this, your reasoning is by far the dumbest I have ever read. And that's saying something. As for this cast...

Bowser Jr. was widely requested before Rosalina.
Shulk is ridiculously popular in both America and in Japan.
Duck Hunt is a popular retro game that has aged very well over the years.
Dark Pit, Dr. Mario, and Lucina took little to no time at all to make. Piles is an overstatement as they are three.
There have been two Links in every Smash game since Brawl and there will always probably two Links.
There aren't two Bowsers, those two are VERY different and play completely differently from each other.

I just think that they could've put Robin's moveset on Lucina, because of how that game functions. We don't know how different Dr. Mario is from Mario, and I personally doubt it's much.
Yeah... No. You can change Lucina's class all you want but you can never have her be a grounded Mage which is Robin's big thing. Lucina would be a piss poor representation. Along with that, she's the THIRD main character of the game. Adding her would be like spitting on Robin and Chrom fans grave. It would actually feel like she was just added because she is a female and not because she is a character worthy of a slot (which she is, but not in Robin's way.)

I just don't get why BJr is a Diddy clone. Not a huge fan of that fact.
For a Diddy Clone, he sure fights completely differently and only shares one move (presumably his up special).

Those darn clones! pleasewatchgameplaybeforeyouassumeacharacterisadamnclone

Last edited:

Smallgenie549

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smallgenie549
I'm all for getting up early, but I have no internet at my place and my school and library aren't open until at a couple hours later, and by then I have classes all day, then I'm heading straight for the train station and I'll be gone til Tuesday (with no internet).

Why, Sakurai, why?

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
Okay I'm not sure if I remember this correctly but does anybody else remember a rumour or a leak that said there would be a Shulk trailer that also featured Mewtwo?

It may just be in my head :p

The Revolutionary Cafe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CafeRevolution
3DS FC
2766-9632-2051
Switch FC
5665-2697-0979

There's way too much wrong with this post XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom