• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Gonna have to call fake on that. Though Impa deserves a spot, I can't see how that's real.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
...And? Are you implying Nintendo does not own copyrights for Bowser Jr and Shulk?
Do you see them flagging every fan video and Brawl Hack out there? No, just these two videos.
This has already been discussed. Whenever a video is taken down, it gets the copyright notice on it, and several fake leaks get taken down to (not all of them)
Which fake leaks were taken down?

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Do you see them flagging every fan video and Brawl Hack out there? No, just these two videos.
How many fan videos and Brawl hacks claim to be SSB4 leaks? Nintendo wouldn't want fake footage of their upcoming game being distributed online.

roosaurus

Smash Apprentice
Are you referring to Leak1-Leak7? Those were taken down and are real I thought?
How many fan videos and Brawl hacks claim to be SSB4 leaks? Nintendo wouldn't want fake footage of their upcoming game being distributed online.
they wouldn't mind it's happened so many times before with Pokemon X and Y and SSBB. Also people that actually leaked real stuff got taken down eventually. I.e Chesnaught leaker who got the game 2 weeks early

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
Are you referring to Leak1-Leak7? Those were taken down and are real I thought?

they wouldn't mind it's happened so many times before with Pokemon X and Y and SSBB. Also people that actually leaked real stuff got taken down eventually. I.e Chesnaught leaker who got the game 2 weeks early
i was saying 7 videos got taken down not just two

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
There's a math error and Starlow uses artwork we've seen before, maybe Wolf as well.
They're not all that great.
To be fair. A lot of stickers in Brawl used existing artwork. If it IS a 2D Trophy (Like Kyle Hyde and the Paper Mario stuff was in Brawl), then I don't see a problem with them using existing 2D work.

D

Deleted member

7 videos? The titles are misleading. There are 5 videos; Leak1, Leak3, Leak5, Leak6, and Leak7.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Good point. Let's say that this leak revealed something that was completely controversial but looked 100% legitimate- for the sake of this example, how about Lucina in a bikini (which is much more revealing than ZSS's outfit). If it was fake but people believed it, that would lead to false bad publicity for Nintendo by people accusing Nintendo of being sexist. Nintendo could jump on the fake leaker and shut him down to stop this bad publicity. Maybe the rage caused by Dark Pit and Dr. Mario could cause some to not buy the game, so Nintendo is shutting down we this fake leak since they see it as hurting sales.

I don't think that's what is happening, but there's always a chance.

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Good point. Let's say that this leak revealed something that was completely controversial but looked 100% legitimate- for the sake of this example, how about Lucina in a bikini (which is much more revealing than ZSS's outfit). If it was fake but people believed it, that would lead to false bad publicity for Nintendo by people accusing Nintendo of being sexist. Nintendo could jump on the fake leaker and shut him down to stop this bad publicity. Maybe the rage caused by Dark Pit and Dr. Mario could cause some to not buy the game, so Nintendo is shutting down we this fake leak since they see it as hurting sales.

I don't think that's what is happening, but there's always a chance.
Yeah, by all accounts, I believe the videos are real completely, but the videos themselves are proof enough. People don't need to shout out how NoA took them down, because I'm pretty sure they'd do the same if the videos were fake.

Last edited:

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Yeah, by all accounts, I believe the videos are real completely, but the videos themselves are proof enough. People don't need to shout out how NoA took them down, because I'm pretty sure they'd do the same if the videos were fake.
Agreed. I believe them too, but the copyright claims aren't a definitive reason to say it's confirmed.

D

Deleted member

Here's the Wolf render in the picture in question.

http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/3/33787/953407-wolfcommand.jpg

How many times am I going to have to debunk this thing? xD
Just like when people tried to claim that the Dr. Mario image and the Bowser Jr. image (before we got a bottom screen pic) were reused stock art or edited stock art, that's not the Command render.

It's most likely fake with a glaring mathematical error (Lucario having 33 total KOs when the numbers on the screen alone add up to 34, over the total), but not because of Wolf's Command render.

Last edited by a moderator:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
People are saying that there will be more characters because there's a pic with All-Star mode locked, but who's to say that that pic and the roster pics weren't taken at different times? The Barbra the Bat trophy pic shows that not all the pics were taken at once, because in most of the leaked trophy pics it shows that 686 trophies were unlocked, but in Barbra's trophy pic it shows that only 11 trophies were unlocked when the pic was taken.

DairunCates

Smash Journeyman
People are saying that there will be more characters because there's a pic with All-Star mode locked, but who's to say that that pic and the roster pics weren't taken at different times? The Barbra the Bat trophy pic shows that not all the pics were taken at once, because in most of the leaked trophy pics it shows that 686 trophies were unlocked, but in Barbra's trophy pic it shows that only 11 trophies were unlocked when the pic was taken.
Everyone's discussed the possibility (not anything definitive), but combined with the unusual shape of the roster, people are assuming that there's a strong likelihood that something fills in the weird blank spaces (After all, the previous rosters were pretty much rectangles with 1-2 random buttons).

MrSirSteven

Smash Journeyman
So when exactly is this "Allstar" dude going to show us this "leak" as he said he would? Anyone know if he said a specific time? Plus we're almost at 200 pages, hype.

Last edited:

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Great, it seems that since Monday's leak frenzy, fake leakers are pretty much having a field day in spouting out bull**** leaks every which way. I'ma assume they're all fake from here till release.

DairunCates

Smash Journeyman
So when exactly is this "Allstar" dude going to show us this "leak" as he said he would? Anyone know if he said a specific time? Plus we're almost at 200 pages, hype.
I think he said midnight, but I don't know what time zone. So, assuming it's a US person. Anywhere from 10pm-2am your time locally, if you live in the US. I wouldn't hold your breath though.

White_Lightning

Smash Journeyman
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom