• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/69947521

A guy claiming more things will be posted. It's most likely false, but worth keeping in mind.
He's a known troll, so I'd pay no mind to him. While I can see the Koopalings being alts just because of that Larry trophy and the earlier leak (but Alph throws a wrench in this), I can't see Black Shadow or even Louie being alts because then we'd run into the problem that we had with Lucina- wouldn't people want to show who they're playing as and why not just give them a roster slot?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
>1. There still is a fair chance much of this is fake.

we can take this off the first post now right? Nintendo took down the videos. It's real.

Personally, the lack of Chorus Men is an indicator that this roster is not a complete one.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Though Dr. Mario most likely doesn't have F.L.U.D.D, and he probably has either a new down-B, or Mario's old down-B from Melee, in which case, he could be separate.
Oh of course (and I think he will). I was just saying that there's nothing in his artwork that would hint at a different moveset, unlike Dark Pit's staff appearing in his artwork.

However, I just noticed that Dr. Mario is visible in this Dark Pit picture, leaving Duck Hunt to be the only character that hasn't been seen in multiple leaks. I've got a feeling that he's coming soon.

D

Deleted member

He's a known troll, so I'd pay no mind to him. While I can see the Koopalings being alts just because of that Larry trophy and the earlier leak (but Alph throws a wrench in this), I can't see Black Shadow or even Louie being alts because then we'd run into the problem that we had with Lucina- wouldn't people want to show who they're playing as and why not just give them a roster slot?
Wasn't there a gamefaqs leak from a know troll earlier this week that proved to show legit images? gotta give the guy a chance until he proves to be a troll or actually gives us new images. He said he will do it later so won't be too long or prove real or fake

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
The fact that Sakurai has, two days in a row, shown images almost directly from the leak, shows me that he is not only aware of the leak, but playing into it.

This bodes well for my theory that he expected (or assumed) the roster would either be leaked, or that it easily could be leaked, (as Brawl's was) or... at least that the games roster would be leaked moments after the game cartridge was received (or sold early) at a location in Japan. In short- the likelihood of the roster getting out early, to the masses, was almost inevitable. The community for this game is huge- just look at E3 being won by smash single-handedly; or the regularly updated website with info on the game (over a year old); or this forum (and all the others) with thousands of regular posters.

Sakurai would have known of this being likely

And given Sakurai's love for surprise, and the fact that the roster was not told to us before the leak, and in fact, this month of updates before the release has been not only nonchalant but pretty abdicates all responsibility...this just... really screams that he has more characters than what COULD have possibly been leaked, or at least, it screams this to me. Or, in other words, that the cartridge never had the full roster in the first place.
I think you are right. I still think he is saving a trailer to really hype everyone up, and that have to include(Mewtwo, Ridley, K Rool, or all 3).

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
Shulk is also grouped with the clones, yet he isn't one.
Uhhh...
No, not really.

If your talking about 3rd parties, it could be because he's second party.
It's not because of his moves, it's because of his appearance. Dark Pit does....indeed....wield different weapons then Pit.
He's a cosmetic clone, that's it.
Luigi has to be down there then.

Last edited:

Ultra*HappyCharge

Smash Apprentice
Okay, let us clear something up. Adding a character to smash bros is not adding a character, nor a course, to Mario Kart.
Adding a course or a character to Mario Kart affects very little, it is a standalone event, which does not need to be programmed in tandem with anythinges else- meaning, it can be extremely easy or difficult, it does not need to play off of anything else. Balance is no issue as long as it plays well, or controls well, and is fun.

This is not so for Smash bros. Adding a character to Smash is much more complicated- for many reasons. The fist principle is that they actually... do things, unlike in Mario Kart, where they are essentially a face, in smash, you control them, in so many aspects, they have real life to them, not just as an image with weight properties. Yet, this is not the hard part.

Sakurai has stated before that adding characters to Smash is in fact, character multiplication. Not addition. Why is this so? If we have 50 characters, and add one more, is that not addition?
The answer, is no. All characters need to be balanced versus each other, o when you add one more character, you need to play it against each of the other characters. It is not simply adding it into the 50, it is playing it against each of the other 50 characters.

VISUAL:If we just have three characters, Mario, Link, and Pikachu, there are only a few matches of 1v1 to worry about. Mario-Mario, Mario-Link, Mario-Pikachu, Link-Link, Link-Pikachu, and Pikachu-Pikachu. If you add in ONE character, Kirby, you get four more options. Kirby-Kirby, Kirby-Mario, Kirby-Link, Kirby-Pikachu. Then, add in Samus, and you get Samus-Samus, Samus-Mario, Samus-Link, Samus-Pikachu, Samus-Kirby. This is without factoring in 3 or 4 player matches at all! It is actually a very strenuous process, and why a 4-player fighting game of such freedom is so hard to balance.
HALLELUJAH~*

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Uhhh...
No, not really.

Nintendo owns like 97% of Monolith Soft. Shulk is more of a first party character than Fire Emblem and Pokémon characters are, if anything.

RODO

Smash Ace
I'm starting to think that this leak is a case of taking a little bit of legitimate info and taking it a long ways. I think the leaker got a hold of a few pics and added in a few that were fake along with a fake roster select (I don't really buy that roster just yet). The icing on the cake was adding a video to seal the deal for people. I don't want to buy it just yet. I wish someone would thoroughly analyze that gameplay that has a better eye for spotting fakes than me.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I'm starting to think that this leak is a case of taking a little bit of legitimate info and taking it a long ways. I think the leaker got a hold of a few pics and added in a few that were fake along with a fake roster select (I don't really buy that roster just yet). The icing on the cake was adding a video to seal the deal for people. I don't want to buy it just yet. I wish someone would thoroughly analyze that gameplay that has a better eye for spotting fakes than me.
Nintendo doesn't take down fake leak videos. They take down real leaked videos.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Dude, it's all real, or least has a 99% chance of being real. Everything "fake" about it has been debunked and it would take weeks unless they have about 10 people working on this to make it look this legit. As for the videos, the only thing they have on them is that Shulk fights sloppy, Shulk fights like Marth, and Lucina not moving on the victory screen and all that has been debunked.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Uhhh...
No, not really.

Second party characters on the leak CSS also include: Kirby, King Dedede, Meta Knight, Pikachu, Greninja, Charizard, Jigglypuff, Lucario, Marth, Ike, Robin, and Lucina.
That doesn't explain Shulk being the STRANGEST placement on the CSS (far more than the character alt clones, which I could actually reason being where they are aesthetically and for practicality)

Sayjin

Smash Journeyman
Nintendo doesn't take down fake leak videos. They take down real leaked videos.
Find a fake leak that wasn't taken down. While it doesn't change the legitimacy of the videos, trying to use this as a means of justifying them is ridiculous.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
The leak is real. This is the content the 3DS game possesses.

The only thing we aren't sure about is if there are more characters. I personally doubt it but it is pretty cryptic. Denying the leak is just denial at this point.

Last edited:

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Find a fake leak that wasn't taken down. While it doesn't change the legitimacy of the videos, trying to use this as a means of justifying them is ridiculous.

This hasn't been taken down yet and it had a decent amount of people talking. It's a clear fake too.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
I don't think there were articles about it on gaming news sites like this leak though.
It's safer to assume everything is fake until proven real.

We actually know we have a real leak because we have constant instances of pure, irrefutable evidence.

Metal Sonic is realistic - after all, Sonic is a third party character and we can argue that they'd not follow Sakurai's wacky clone rules - but there's no proof of it, and likely won't be any proof of it 'til the game launches in a handful of weeks.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/69947521

So first all-star said there are 3 more characters and then he said the roster is final?

yeahhh keep it moving folks, nothing to see here
All the more reason to assume everything is fake until proven real. It saves us all from a ton of disappointment and confusion.

I'm pretty sure this is a leak but photoshoped.

Not sure if already posted.
Haven't seen this yet, but I can tell it's fake since the Wolf picture is from his 'intro' from Subspace Emissary. The rest seems fairly legit, though, but since we can't trust one picture it's safe to say we can't trust all of them.

Last edited:

Chrollo.

fka president wario
I don't think there were articles about it on gaming news sites like this leak though.
Considering the amount of views (18K is a lot considering it's something that's an obvious fake that's not trying to be funny), I assume that maybe a few sites reported but deleted the article. Either that or people found it while searching for the actual leaks.

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
I think speculation past this point is generally unhealthy. This could very well be the final roster and discussing the possibilities for additional characters subtlety increases the expectations that they're gonna actually be in the game.

But it's hype season so it's almost impossible to resist :(

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Guys, guys, in that Famitsu scan, Greninja's final smash is called "Shinobi no Ougi".

Ougi's are in the game.
Naruto confirmed
Oogi? I love Sky Bison! :p

Monolith Soft used to belong to Namco Bandai, but Nintendo had a large share of it, so Namco just sold the rest of Monolith Soft to Nintendo. Monolith Soft was originally a team that worked for Square Enix and made Xenogear, the first of the Xeno- games. As MS, they made Xenosaga, a supposed-to-be 6-part game that became a trilogy due to poor sales. They also made the Baten Kaitos games and helped out with Nintendo's games like The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. Xenoblade Chronicles is the third of the Xeno- games and "X" will follow Xenoblade Chronicles - in name or story, I don't know.

So, what does this mean? A confuzzled status, that's what. Shulk comes from a first-party game by a first-party developer who used to be third-party. The series where he comes from is also third-party since Xenogears's rights might still be owned by Square Enix and Namco Bandai might still have the rights to Xenosaga. I'd say Shulk is a first-party character, but if any other (past) Xeno- characters ever make it in, then they'd be third-party. Future ones will be first-party, so if Shulk's friends make it in, then they're first-party. Funky status, huh?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom