• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mewter

Smash Master
So I didn't play Xenoblade...

...what's that light on his back supposed to be and what does it do?
Looks like he's changing Monado symbols (there's a changeable symbol in the circle of his sword) to change his abilities.
I think one of the leakers said it trades speed/durability/power around or something.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Do you know what I find Hilarious?

No one cares about Squirtle or Ivysaur getting cut. Hahah.
Too many Pokemon and none of them would make sense to be added independently.

Plus, who doesn't love Charizard. He's was a wanted trading card when we were kids, he was popular in the anime, and a lot of people like charizard over venasaur or blastoise. And who doesn't love optimistic charizard:

However, he lied about Wolf:

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Looks like he's changing Monado symbols (there's a changeable symbol in the circle of his sword) to change his abilities.
I think one of the leakers said it trades speed/durability/power around or something.
It trades power for defence or defence for power.
(Yes, it has been confirmed)

Ellipsis

Smash Cadet
So I didn't play Xenoblade...

...what's that light on his back supposed to be and what does it do?
The Monado (Shulk's sword) has multiple abilities, and each one displays a different symbol in its interface. What we're seeing here might be Shulk switching from one power to another. His feet start glowing shortly afterward, which could signify Monado Speed.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done

Seriously, look at this.

Look at this and tell me that's not one of the best things to ever happen to Smash Brothers.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
I for one dislike charizard but whatever. I care about Squirtle and Ivysaur but I'm sure pretty much everyone that cared had a long time to adjust to the fact that they're probably not in.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
After the Charizard trailer, most people have gotten over the fact Squirtle and Ivysaur were gone.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
That's not one of the best things to ever happen to Smash Brothers.

Far from it, in fact.
You sir or sirette should feel bad for this post.

Because a sad Koopa Clown Car smashing into the screen is indeed one of the best things to happen to Smash Brothers.

Laikue

Smash Cadet
NNID
Thatguylaikue
3DS FC
4356-1192-5913
While we all inevitably wait for the PotD, we can listen to the new music added to the site: www . smashbros . com/us/music/ (just remove the spaces) sorry if you all already know about this.

Cyberguy64

Smash Journeyman
Am I the only one who will be a little bit disappointed if we get a character revealed who was in the leak?

andimidna

Smash Master
Theory time.

So, a lot of people are surprised that the rumored extra characters don't include the Chorus Men. Well, we all knew Gematsu was outdated, but it seemed real. And well, I still think it was, Sakurai has already explained his choice of Robin over Chrom, it did seem like Chrom might have been planned originally, they just didn't know what to do with him that was interesting. But now why Chorus Men? Why are they back out of the picture? Well, just look at the Ice Climbers. It's not that hard to imagine that the Chorus' concept was a trio of rhythm based characters. Would this really work if the Ice Climbing Duo veteran since Melee couldn't after trying for so long? I think the Chorus Men were cut along with the Ice Climbers due to complications, and who knows, they might figure them out later and add them as DLC. And if there's enough outcry for them, but they can't get them to work on 3ds, possibly paid Wii U only DLC...? Yies, that'd be controversial, but don't count it out as a possibility.
Anyways, I think this leak is legit and that the remaining 5 characters will be Mewtwo, Dixie Kong, Ridley, Impa, and Mach Rider. No more, no less.

Come at me, Sakurai. Try to surprise me again. My body is ready for anything now.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Has anyone pointed out that there is Mega Charizard Y as a CPU? Look at those wings:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Am I the only one who will be a little bit disappointed if we get a character revealed who was in the leak?
No, I'm sure someone else will be disappointed too. Though if we got Duck Hunt Dog no one should be disapointed just because his mechanics could and probably will be very interesting.

I for one? Will enjoy a trailer for anybody at this point.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Has anyone pointed out that there is Mega Charizard Y as a CPU? Look at those wings:
Nah, that's just Charizard, the render from the original image of this fight proves so, his wings have just been made bigger in this installment as has been discussed a bit before.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
No, I'm sure someone else will be disappointed too. Though if we got Duck Hunt Dog no one should be disapointed just because his mechanics could and probably will be very interesting.

I for one? Will enjoy a trailer for anybody at this point.
What do you think the next trailer will be?

Duck Hunt and Shulk trailer?

Bowser Jr. and Doctor Mario?

MunchyMunch

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MushroomMuncher
So I did a litte math towards all star mode, and apparently, we'll be facing characters in this order:

1980: Mr. Game & Watch, Pac - Man
1981: Mario, Donkey Kong
1983: Luigi
1984: Little Mac
1985: ROB, Bowser, Peach, Duck Hunt Dog
1986: Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Samus, Pit, Palutena
1987: Mega Man
1990: Marth, Dr. Mario
1991: Yoshi, Captain Falcon, Sonic
1992: Wario (Not sure if we're going by Warioware or his original appearance), Kirby, King Dedede
1993: Meta Knight, Fox, Falco
1994: Diddy Kong
1995: Ness
1998: Pikachu, Charizard, Jigglypuff, Sheik
2001: Captain Olimar
2002: Bowser Jr. Villager (Didn't know which game it was referring to)
2003: Toon Link
2005: Ike
2007: Rosalina
2008: Wii Fit Trainer
2010: Shulk
2012: Dark Pit
2013: Robin, Lucina, Greninja

Yeaaaah, a couple of things:
1. Pretty sure they're not going to be ordered like this, but It was what I came up with.
2. I went by the NA release dated for the most part.
3. It seems a little...scattered. You fight 2 KI characters, fight 20 more, then fight another KI rep. weird.
4. May have gotten a few wrong, but who cares. (I do)
5. Hope people like having a Frog Ninja for a final boss.

Last edited:

Rayhak

Smash Rookie
If I cannot get the Ice Climbers then I WANT the Chorus Men, any chances for them?, I also want Mewtwo, but he is so much speculated already, but seeing all of sudden adding Mach Rider to their roster and cutting Chorus Men makes me feel a bit akward about gettin rid of my main and also one of the newcomers I want the most.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Nah, that's just Charizard, the render from the original image of this fight proves so, his wings have just been made bigger in this installment as has been discussed a bit before.
Ah, thanks for the info

Malcolm Belmont

Smash Ace
NNID
King Joffery
As i said before i think the trailer will be Duck Hunt Dog and ROB. Do you think we will get any updates on this leak?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
What do you think the next trailer will be?

Duck Hunt and Shulk trailer?

Bowser Jr. and Doctor Mario?
Personally if it's only between the ones currently leaked I'm sure it's Shulk, we've already had a Mario trailer and DHD doesn't lend itself as well to a trailer. However, could also be a character not on the leak, who knows.

Last edited:

MunchyMunch

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MushroomMuncher
Can you imagine the phone conversation between the NoA employer who had to tell Sakurai his roster was leaked?

NoA employee: "Yeeeeah, Sakurai, one of the staff members may have accidentally leaked your roster."

Sakurai: "..."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom