• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 245254

Yeah I still cannot believe 3 games into the series and Ganondorf still has Falcon's moveset lmao
I think you're jumping a bit quick to say that, while I did see that his recovery appeared to be the same (a clone of C.Falcon), the other moves seemed to have quite a bit of variation.

Though, of course, I don't see that as an excuse to have his moveset even closely built off of that of Captain Falcon...but it seems to be more differentiated than we've ever seen.

BombKirby

Smash Journeyman
In Smash, he's considered part of the Yoshi series, with his own independent symbol and stages. DK is the same.
I always felt like thats just a relic of SSB64. Almost every character cept Jiggs/Luigi had a unique icon. The victory screen would unfold and reveal the icon of the winner so its important that all of the characters had recognizable emblems. Not the case anymore but they kept the egg because of tradition.

D

Deleted member

So I just saw the videos.

What else has happened?
hype, insanity, nonbelievers swallowing their pride and not making a big deal of it being true. It's gone better than I thought it would

Last edited by a moderator:

SmasherP83

Smash Ace
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
I'm glad to see Dr.Mario as his own character even if he would've been the same as an alt as for Dark Pit...Clone or not I always liked him Kid Icarus: Uprising so I'm glad to see him.

Other than that I was hoping Ganondorf had a new moveset but oh well. Glad to see #MonadoMonday Shulk in here.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Ridley ;_;

All the taunting. All the BS. For nothing.

And then they're going to add Snake even though Kojima gives two ****s about Smash and Nintendo. BS.
As a supporter of Snake and an ex supporter of Ridley, i resent this statement greatly.
The hype is destroying Smash Boards!
It's held up suprisingly well

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I doubt Sakurai puts Ridley in the game as playable. WHY? Because Japan hates Metroid, and because of Other M, the series' popularity took a nosedive.
lol yeah ok. Japan doesn't like Little Mac. He got in. It's not a stretch for Ridley to be in aswell.

Cpt.

Smash Lord
Calling current roster + Wolf, K Rool, Mewtwo, Ridley

If Lucina got in surely Dark Pit and Doc can be in......

FallofBrawl

Smash Ace
I think you're jumping a bit quick to say that, while I did see that his recovery appeared to be the same (a clone of C.Falcon), the other moves seemed to have quite a bit of variation.

Though, of course, I don't see that as an excuse to have his moveset even closely built off of that of Captain Falcon...but it seems to be more differentiated than we've ever seen.
He also looks faster than Brawl's Ganondorf

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
hype, insanity, nonbelievers swallowing their pride and not making a big deal of it being true. It's gone better than I thought it would
Well that was obvious.

I mean, what does that mean for the cuts? Do we know for sure that Wolf and IC aren't part of the last few characters?
Does this confirm Dixie, CM, Ridley and Mewtwo because of that other leak?

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
I doubt Sakurai puts Ridley in the game as playable. WHY? Because Japan hates Metroid, and because of Other M, the series' popularity took a nosedive.
If they hate Metroid and Other M, why do we have ZSS, Pyrosphere, and other Metroid stuff?

Last edited:

Starlol9

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Starlol9
3DS FC
0130-3074-4775
But Lucas... :lucas:

Is there any chance of this still being fake? I don't really know how all this leak business goes.
However if it is real, I am slightly conflicted. I do like the roster but it makes me feel a little empty inside. Especially since the Ice Climbers, Lucas and a few others aren't there... So I will silently hope that this roster isn't complete and there are a few more characters left.

CaptainCC

Smash Journeyman
Except Chrom is in Lucina's Final Smash so that would be really confusing. I guess Lucina could be his? I dunno but I don't see it happening, they may as well have announced it alongside Female Robin.
Yeah I actually don't see why that's not a possibility. In fact, rewatching the Lucina/Robin trailer, it does seem to imply that Chrom IS a costume, so it's surprising that isn't a consistent refrain on any boards, GameExplain, or otherwise. It says "No, you'll get [your chance] today!" showing the Final Smash and immediately adds "Also play as the female robin." The juxtaposition created by "also" there seems to suggest that BOTH Chrom and Female Robin are playable; although it could just as easily refer to the fact that there is a male Robin and ALSO a female. Still, it seems that it should be just as easy to skin/voice swap Lucina and Chrom and instead of having Lucina call in Chrom, you have Chrom call in Lucina.

The revelation of Shulk this morning, as far as I'm concerned, means that the Gematsu leaker bears more scrutiny. It's very strange that the Gematsu leaker would have guessed everyone but one, so there must have been a reason for throwing Chrom out there. It may very well have been planned to have Chrom early on and he was scrapped, but going back to the data, I'm now very intrigued by the possibility that Chrom is in fact in the game and playable as an alt skin--it seems extremely plausible at the moment.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well that was obvious.

I mean, what does that mean for the cuts? Do we know for sure that Wolf and IC aren't part of the last few characters?
Does this confirm Dixie, CM, Ridley and Mewtwo because of that other leak?
It confirms nothing besides what we already have seen in previous pictures

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Yeah I actually don't see why that's not a possibility. In fact, rewatching the Lucina/Robin trailer, it does seem to imply that Chrom IS a costume, so it's surprising that isn't a consistent refrain on any boards, GameExplain, or otherwise. It says "No, you'll get [your chance] today!" showing the Final Smash and immediately adds "Also play as the female robin." The juxtaposition created by "also" there seems to suggest that BOTH Chrom and Female Robin are playable; although it could just as easily refer to the fact that there is a male Robin and ALSO a female. Still, it seems that it should be just as easy to skin/voice swap Lucina and Chrom and instead of having Lucina call in Chrom, you have Chrom call in Lucina.

The revelation of Shulk this morning, as far as I'm concerned, means that the Gematsu leaker bears more scrutiny. It's very strange that the Gematsu leaker would have guessed everyone but one, so there must have been a reason for throwing Chrom out there. It may very well have been planned to have Chrom early on and he was scrapped, but going back to the data, I'm now very intrigued by the possibility that Chrom is in fact in the game and playable as an alt skin--it seems extremely plausible at the moment.
Except Nintendo themselves already confirmed Chrom is not playable. He is not an alt costume, he is Robin's FS and nothing else.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
All of you are so happy that the leak is real.

Meanwhile i'm just...

Happy because Mewtwo is like 85% confirmed since it's not the final roster, and was in other leaks with DHD and Bowser Jr.

Don't lose hope mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom