• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
No, no.

Look, any of the Top Posters know that Duck Hunt Dog can't have any moves. I can't think up any, you can't think up any (and if you try to and show me a "potential move list", that's just dumb). That's just logic, guys.
Leakers made fake game. End of discussion. You are all so delusional, you'll believe anything you read/see/play.
I'm still keeping an open mind if it's real or fake. I'm now just #TeamNeutral.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I honestly can't see the difference...
And there is also the fact that the leaker said that Ganondorf is going to be Low Tier again, probably.
His movement speed, U-Smash and F-Tilt are much faster, and his recovery is also better, just judging from what we saw of course. The leaker didn't play him obviously since it's a video playing, so he wouldn't really know, and even if he did play it there's no way to tell the tiers from one playthrough.

Last edited:

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
yeah it was kind of a weird choice, i was sure they would both be alternate costumes
I think it just has to do with having pills and possibly Mario Tornado. Sakurai stated that even if there was a minor difference, they had their own slot.

CaptainCC

Smash Journeyman
And Shulk does appear to be sort of an amalgam of all the sword fighters, which might put him more in the clones penumbra than the third party crowd as I was speculating yesterday. So, in other words, the clone section might be: Doc, Dark Pit, Lucina, Shulk.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Oh man, I wake up to find this thing near totally confirmed? This is just fantastic, I'm really happy to see Bowser Jr. and Shulk in. I told my friends that at least Shulk would be in, time to rub it in their faces.

duck hunt dog and dr. mario still shouldn't be in
"Near".

It's confirmed, really. Dunno how you could still not be 100% convinced...

Except if they faked the videos.

CaptainCC

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai has said that the game would launch with the same characters for both platforms. He never said, however, if they might differentiate the two versions by making separate DLC available. The DLC could stoke not only continued interest in the game, but a clear reason for somebody happy with their 3DS version to make the jump to Wii U and vice versa. In other words: your Ice Climbers may not be dead. They might just be waiting in the wings for a Wu release.

lemaskdemasque

Smash Cadet
I guess we now know why it says 'smash' on the gamescreen. It must be the fight the takes place after smash run. I'm so freaking hyoed for Bowser Jr. now. It's everything i could have hoped for. But...I'm still on #TeamMoreToCome

Shadocat

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3737-9651-3260
Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Leaker has more to say:

http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/c..._complete_still_more_characters_we_do/cjwgmos

There are more characters.

God. damn.

If true, Sakurai is the best damn Sakurai of ALL the Sakurais (Sorry to all the other Sakurai`s)
Fix this link. You copied it in a wrong way.

"Near".

It's confirmed, really. Dunno how you could still not be 100% convinced...

Except if they faked the videos.
"Near" because it requires Sakurai's approval to be 100% confirmed. It is real. But it is not 100% confirmed until Sakurai says so. It is still unofficial.

Booigi1010

Smash Rookie
I'm definitely not saying this is fake, as a matter of fact this is real. But why would Sakurai make the other team member just stand perfectly still in one position through the whole win animation? Lucina is in one position the whole time.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Sakurai has said that the game would launch with the same characters for both platforms. He never said, however, if they might differentiate the two versions by making separate DLC available. The DLC could stoke not only continued interest in the game, but a clear reason for somebody happy with their 3DS version to make the jump to Wii U and vice versa. In other words: your Ice Climbers may not be dead. They might just be waiting in the wings for a Wu release.
Pretty sure that wouldn't be possible since Sakurai said 'All the characters will be the same.'

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585
Guys, calm down, I added the new link and I'll update the old post with the new link. No new characters mentioned, just stated that not all the characters have been seen.

Nald

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5129-1580-3523
I'm kinda salty at the moment.
Don't get me wrong, I love the idea of playing as the Duck Hunt dog, it just sound hysterical, but...seeing people like Dr. Mario and Black Pit in the game and no Ice Climbers to be found (they were some of my favourite characters to play as, both in Melee and Brawl) don't look so good. And then...there is no Mewtwo. And Ganondorf is still a Falcon clone, from the looks of it.

Wow, it's real, I'm actually not disappointed. Bowser Jr. looks fantastic and we have Duck hunt dog which is one of my most wanted newcomers. The leaker says it's not all the characters? Bring on Ridley and Mewtwo!

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
Yeah I still cannot believe 3 games into the series and Ganondorf still has Falcon's moveset lmao

FallofBrawl

Smash Ace
The new character leak isn't from the leaker himself, just when a mod contacted a Nintendo rep days ago
But again, I believe that the mod wouldn't spread false rumors, he's a mod..he's supposed to contain chaos not let it loose ahaha

SoulOfKhaos

Smash Cadet
NNID
SoulKhaos
I was skeptical on how Bowser Jr.'s move set but it looks fine. Now I just hope Wolf and IC will be there to that would be a shame if they were removed.

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585
I'm kinda salty at the moment.
Don't get me wrong, I love the idea of playing as the Duck Hunt dog, it just sound hysterical, but...seeing people like Dr. Mario and Black Pit in the game and no Ice Climbers to be found (they were some of my favourite characters to play as, both in Melee and Brawl) don't look so good. And then...there is no Mewtwo. And Ganondorf is still a Falcon clone, from the looks of it.
I'm pretty sure Ice Climbers are cut, HOWEVER, there are still characters we have not seen. Mewtwo is still possible.

Also, Clones and Non-clones are two completely separate categories. One group does not affect the other.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Okay, I'm sold. Video can't possibly be fake.

Only hope I still have is the few unrevealed characters. Pryaing for Mewtwo, Ridley, possibly KRool.

Congratulations to everyone who's happy with the leak, gg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom