• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
You're kidding right?

Very little of the two pitches matches, and this is using the exact same character. The faces are different. The hat is different. The ears are different. The arms are in a different position. The only thing similar there is Mario has a determined look. The picture I provided is exactly the same which means the guy who made the image use photoshoped Mario to look like Doctor Mario. It's over. It's done. It's fake. Stop kidding yourself.

Mewter

Smash Master
They're the same character but tons of proportions, sizes, shading, and even parts of the costume are different.
What's interesting is the body pose and that what could be a bit of red from a tie.

Regardless, Nintendo seems to love that perspective of Mario for many of their official renders.

Last edited:

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585
You're kidding right?

Very little of the two pitches matches, and this is using the exact same character. The faces are different. The hat is different. The ears are different. The arms are in a different position. The only thing similar there is Mario has a determined look. The picture I provided is exactly the same which means the guy who made the image use photoshoped Mario to look like Doctor Mario. It's over. It's done. It's fake. Stop kidding yourself.
Uh.. ONLY the face were the same in the photos you had.

I think the fact that there are SO MANY pictures that look similar to the new render shows that any picture of Dr Mario in that pose is going to look like any other picture of Dr Mario or Mario in that pose.

Last edited:

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
Shouldn't Kirby be transparent?

Last edited:

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Woah... This more than anything before reminds me of Greninja. I honestly don't know what to think, but I really hope this is legit.

Can't think of any real evidence for it being fake at the moment though.

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
Do we know that the player's name on the character selection screen, etc. isn't tied to the system's owner's name or something? It seems somewhat plausible that the ESRB could have a 3DS system named "ESRB0083", with that name automatically carrying over into Smash Bros, rather than being chosen in-game. I wouldn't think a handheld Smash would necessarily have to support a zillion names with their own custom control schemes.

Last edited:

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
For those who think that renders are "insanely hard" to photoshop:

Woah, Sunshine Mario is a new playable character!

Oh my god, Louie?!?

No way! It's the Pikmin President!

Oh my god! Alph is a new Olimar clone?

Wow, we're getting a female Pikmin rep!

Charlie got dat stache.

Wow, Skyward Zelda clone?

Wait, we're getting Hilda?!

But they have flaws! I mean, really?

Imagine them in a blurry, low-resolution picture on a 3DS. Especially some of those Olimar photoshops.

Seriously guys, it's fake. I mean, even Brawl modders make renders for their hacks that look authentic.
More proof of the leak being fake.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl

Oh my god, Louie?!?

Charlie got dat stache.

But they have some... flaws! What about those, huh!?

Imagine them in a blurry, low-resolution picture on a 3DS. Especially some of those Olimar photoshops.

Seriously guys, it's fake. I mean, even Brawl modders make renders for their hacks that look authentic.
Quoting this so those who only check the latest page will see.

edit: DAMN THAT :4greninja: WAS TOO STRONG

NERF

Last edited:

Beczam1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Beczam1290
3DS FC
1075-1410-3647
They are indeed very similar, I was just pointing out there are slight differences.

However, it is possible for two different renders of the same character to be very similar.

These are also very similar, one could easily to turned into the other. There have been SO many renders of mario at this point that no matter what position Dr Mario is in, you could probably find an image that matches.

If you check out my thread, I do address this.
Oh my god i thought i was going crazy i was reading something else while looking at that pic and i saw mario with the F.L.U.D.D and then regular mario a second later lol.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
sakurai pls

Pic of the Day: "Here is Wario, and his CSS artwork, it seems he's learning how to fix leaks just like Mario and Luigi"

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
sakurai pls

Pic of the Day: "Here is Wario, and his CSS artwork, it seems he's learning how to fix leaks just like Mario and Luigi"
Or:

'Pic of the day. Dr. Mario... As a Mario alt! He might now be a doctor, but he still knows how to fix leaks.'
:laugh:

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
No because the image is from Tomodachi Life which the stage is based on. It's like having a Mario Bros stage by taking a screenshot from Mario Bros.

Here is the Doctor Mario thing I've been talking about.

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
I would suggest checking out Gamexplain's video on this and the leak thread in the Smash 4 leaks group. I'm not saying that there the leak is real or fake, but this analysis makes a lot of assumptions that really can be accounted for in reasonable ways.

I think the one conclusion that everyone has come to is that there is no easy way to prove or disprove this leak no matter how much you look into it. At the deepest levels of analysis, there are compelling reasons why it might be fake or real. That's partly why this leak is grabbing a lot of attention.

Be wary of dismissing things or attaching yourself to them.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
It just blows my mind that people think a way to debunk a leak is to nitpick the small things while ignoring the large things.

"Yeah those renders are clearly all original and well made, but would you look at that line that's slightly thicker than the others?! Clearly a fake."

Cause it makes so much sense that someone willing to put that much effort into a fake would drop the ball on tiny things like that... Not saying it's definitely real, but it's definitely not obviously fake.

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
It starts out as a picture from e3, hop then transitions into one of the "leaked" pictures.

I think it ded

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
There's so, soooo many things different between those two pics that it's barely even legitimate to say that one's an edit. Honestly the only similarities are that Bowser is in there and the wifi info thing as the bottom.

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
There's so, soooo many things different between those two pics that it's barely even legitimate to say that one's an edit. Honestly the only similarities are that Bowser is in there and the wifi info thing as the bottom.
Do you not see how all he did was take the first pic and edit the character slots? You can see the outside of the screen on the sides and top.
They don't look the same to me. On the CSS his head isn't tilted like that and you can clearly see the spike in his hair.
Yea, look at the 2 pics again. In the leak his head isn't tilted and his hair spike points up, but on your pic it's tilted and his spike goes down. Sorry man.

Last edited:

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
One out of several renders looks somewhat like some fanmade image on deviantart.

Yeah, I guess it is totally debunked.

Syroco

Smash Apprentice
It starts out as a picture from e3, hop then transitions into one of the "leaked" pictures.

I think it ded

Does Smash run have levels for the player character? Maybe the Duck Hunt screen with the lack of % is in Smash Run? Not sure if there's percent shown there either.

Psionic EquinØx

Smash Rookie
Fake imo and here's why:

1. Obvious signs of bad photoshop. Game and watches hand is outside his window and touching Warios cheek. Villagers hand is completely white and red pikmin is slightly outside his border.

2. No character names on their select boxes. In the demo and all other versions of smash bros, they had their names under their picture.

3. The text (like smash time and off) is in English and would likely be in Japanese, because that version is coming out sooner, and legit leaks from previous games were in Japanese.

4. Ness' name box is slightly different looking than the others not to mention it's conveniently covered.

Also, some of the images posted in this thread already showing splicing are somewhat convincing but not complete smoking guns to me

Last edited:

roosaurus

Smash Apprentice
So along with us moving here we lost some evidence? Is that true? The duck hunt fake, Wario, Game & Watch, and Shulk? Does anyone have a quick post for those?

Edit: oh also doctor Mario

Last edited:

domokl

Smash Lord
can people stop posting arguements that have already been disproven? its getting annoying.

MagnesD3

Smash Master

Oh my god, Louie?!?

Charlie got dat stache.

But they have flaws! I mean, really?

That sunshine costume looks dope.

Last edited:

domokl

Smash Lord
noow watchh someone try to use the inconsitent lines arguement again

MrSirSteven

Smash Journeyman
Well before the Thread got locked I was about to reply to TeamGirlSquard and I was going to say. I've never played either Rythem Heaven or Mach Rider and I'd like to see either one be in just because it would be interesting to see what kind of moveset Sakurai would make for them.

R0Y

Smash Master
So....Disablad was a photoshop to make the pic look fake, if we are to believe @MASTERLINKX, which, I see no reason not to.

Other stuff may have been tampered with as well.

The DLC characters are a lie.

domokl

Smash Lord
So....Disablad was a photoshop to make the pic look fake, if we are to believe @MASTERLINKX, which, I see no reason not to.

the lengths people are going to make this leak seem fake are insane. and stupid.

MrSirSteven

Smash Journeyman

I always thought from the start it always said Disabled. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom