• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
The point is that there's no reason for Rosalina (I'll throw out Bowser Jr. here, since we don't know his Franchise association) to not grouped together with the rest of the primary Mario characters.
...which leads to an unfinished CSS with Ness's info and the locked pic.

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
Here's a theory to fire up the Mewtwo supporters: he was seen in the intro trailer but not on the CSS, confusing them into posting a ? mark.
According to NiE, the trailer leak was fake, as the 4chan leaker's leaked classic image didn't line up with his (not to mention how would someone get a copy of the English version when it probably hasn't finished going gold yet).

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
So 4000 posts later, here I am. What did I miss? #TeamReal is winning?

Last edited:

08skidoosh80

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tyler80
3DS FC
3136-6615-9131
Switch FC
SW-5074-0505-2141

Has this image been discussed yet?
Have we seen this big of a model for DHD yet?

KingBroly

Smash Lord
It was suggested by someone over at NeoGaf that that's not the primary Duck Hunt color, given the Duck's colors.

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
But why aren't Toon Link, Falco, and Ganondorf with them?
They're not alt costumes split from their counterpart.

The point is that there's no reason for Rosalina (I'll throw out Bowser Jr. here, since we don't know his Franchise association) to not grouped together with the rest of the primary Mario characters.
It's Mario.

Last edited:

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
Okay then, give me the progression breakdown of how you make that happen. And keep the Miis in mind.
Ummm....what? I'm hopping around predictions for the roster all the time, but for now I'm saying they haven't unlocked Mewtwo and that R.O.B. moves down into the second to last row. If Mii Fighters appear, they appear in the last row.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Ummm....what? I'm hopping around predictions for the roster all the time, but for now I'm saying they haven't unlocked Mewtwo and that R.O.B. moves down into the second to last row. If Mii Fighters appear, they appear in the last row.
You have to move Rosalina and Bowser Jr. to the left of Yoshi. But what addition makes it make sense?

Une

Smash Apprentice
But why aren't Toon Link, Falco, and Ganondorf with them?
Do you know Smash4 Falco and Ganon's movesets? Didn't think so.

Also, Toon Link at least has some completely different normals. With Lucina and Doc and Dark Pit (if they are in) it sounds like these are TRUE clones like in Melee where basically 99% of everything was damn near visually identical.

Falcon's moveset is prob going to be just like his Brawl moveset but at this point Falco is pretty similar to Luigi in the number of things he has to set him apart from Fox.

And Ganon, well, I would HOPE that by now he would finally have is own moveset.

Last edited:

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
You have to move Rosalina and Bowser Jr. to the left of Yoshi. But what addition makes it make sense?
Maybe Sakurai finally realized that Yoshi is a Mario character first and fore most.... oorrrrrrrrrrrr maybe they want to list them based on main character and importance? Or maybe say Bowser Jr. is unlockable so he's awkwardly places for the moment

TheBoozehammer

Smash Cadet
Do you know Smash4 Falco and Ganon's movesets? Didn't think so.

Also, Toon Link at least has some completely different normals. With Lucina and Doc and Dark Pit (if they are in) it sounds like these are TRUE clones like in Melee where basically 99% of everything was damn near visually identical.
Sakurai has said he does not consider Toon Link to be a clone, and I would bet the same extends to Falco and Ganondorf, but he does consider Lucina a clone.

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
Maybe Sakurai finally realized that Yoshi is a Mario character first and fore most.... oorrrrrrrrrrrr maybe they want to list them based on main character and importance? Or maybe say Bowser Jr. is unlockable so he's awkwardly places for the moment
On the website he's listed as a Yoshi character with the Yoshi symbol.

lavadeira

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1736-0917-9729
Wait wait wait, has NiE's picture confirmed to be taken at the same time as the roster picture?

CaptainCC

Smash Journeyman
I've heard this business about Yoshi being grouped with the Mario characters. He started as a Mario franchise character and always will be as far as I'm concerned. He's always been marketed that way and grouped with them in Mario Party. Donkey Kong has only recently branched away again with the successful revitalization of the DKC franchise.

Shulk appears with the 3P characters because his game was created by a studio with a long track record of publishing for other consoles. Xenoblade was 1p published, but made by what is still essentially a 3P dev.

All of it makes so much sense. The only two remotely strange things here are: Game and Watch: why is he by Mario? Then again, there was this:

So Sakurai could be lumping him into the Mario row for that reason.

The other strange thing (but not really) is Little Mac away from the classic NES characters, but that's easily explained because his franchise has had iterations on SNES and Wii, so maybe he's not considered enough of a throwback.

Everything else fits like a Power Glove.

CaptainCC

Smash Journeyman
Yes, I agree with BlindingBlade. He has a retro feeling because he hasn't featured this prominently in the Nintendo consciousness since the arcade game, but yeah, he's not retro. He's had plenty of stuff happen in the last twenty years, including his stint in Fight Night.

CaptainCC

Smash Journeyman
Oh, and if you subscribe to the logic that Game and Watch is being lumped in with the Mario crowd due to G&W Gallery games having featured Mario characters, then the Mario penumbra could arguably extend all the way to Diddy Kong.

roosaurus

Smash Apprentice
I know you don't need to believe me, but hear me out. I just got a source telling me that they have a leaker giving them almost the exact info as NessInEagleland, except they say Captain Falcon is in the starting roster. You don't need to believe me but I thought I'd add. I trust the source but I don't know the leaker.

EDIT: They have pictures but have been told not to share any but the ones already released. Which is the lock screen. I do want to add the lock screen photo before it was posted to GameFAQs

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Because having your first game on the NES means you're not retro. Okay.
He still got a game for the Wii, so he isn't retro like say, Duck Hunt is. When people claim a character to be retro in Smash, they are talking about characters like Ice Climbers, Pit (before Uprising) and others non-playable like Takamaru, Prince of Sablé, etc. By this definition, Mac isn't retro, Pac-Man isn't retro and Mega Man isn't retro either. It is not that hard of a concept to grasp, now is it?

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
I know you don't need to believe me, but hear me out. I just got a source telling me that they have a leaker giving them almost the exact info as NessInEagleland, except they say Captain Falcon is in the starting roster. You don't need to believe me but I thought I'd add. I trust the source but I don't know the leaker.
Cool info.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Problem with trying to judge off the CSS' supposedly nonexistent logic is that we don't know the full roster or the order of unlocks. It's something we simply don't know and I'd say it's more likely there's a strange or complex logic to it than "Leaker makes several intricate and really good details that'd made this an amazing fake if it were, except despite his obvious eggstensive knowledge he forgot Yoshi had his own symbol."

What if maybe trying to see if the character backgrounds create a color effect if aligned correctly?

Finalefireworker

Smash Rookie
Yes, I agree with BlindingBlade. He has a retro feeling because he hasn't featured this prominently in the Nintendo consciousness since the arcade game, but yeah, he's not retro. He's had plenty of stuff happen in the last twenty years, including his stint in Fight Night.
Punch Out!! Wii would like a long word with you.

CaptainCC

Smash Journeyman
Until a few years ago, Monolith was mostly Namco, so they're in a definite grey area historically. They weren't born and bred by Nintendo and they owe a lot to Square. No other characters origins in the 1P camp can really be said to feature that kind of dev history.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom