• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential for a Kirby player combo group combo video

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
Well, with the one video recently released, there was some talk of an actual Compilation. However, if this is to happen, a few questions need to be answered.

1. Do we include as many players as possible? Or only the elite few.

While including everyone as possible would make more people happy, and make everyone feel included, some people can't contribute high-quality video. If we only include the elite, we are assured quality combos, but some could feel insulted.

2. Who will edit it?

If it does happen, we want someone who has good video editting programs, and skill to use it.

3. How will the matches be divided?

Divied up randomly? Or divided by player?

4. Criteria for clips.

Quality, length, and whatnot.

Those are just some of the questions. Hey, this might not even become a reality.

Sushiman

Smash Journeyman
In order to create a decent video, we need decent quality gameplay footage. It shouldn't be limited to the professional Kirby players, and we should give those who have good quality videos a chance to get in.

2. Who will edit it?
I have iMovie HD and getting Final Cut Pro soon, so I suppose I could edit it. We should let a more experienced editor do it, though.

3. How will the matches be divided?
Good combos to great combos while making sure the same people's combos aren't always right next to eachother.

4. Criteria for clips.
Decent to great quality using one song. Two songs = too long for one video.

Also, if we had enough people, having bad quality footage isn't too bad. It gives somewhat of a sense that there are Kirby players everywhere. (since you can see the TV.) Or maybe its just me.

Btw, I'm excited for this. I asked t!mmy for some videos so that I could make a combo video, since I don't have a good camera.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I, too, would really like to see this. Many people - not just Kirby mains - would love to see a collaborative combo video featuring Kirby at his best.

Quality of video and technique displayed is a must, otherwise this video will not get the fanfare it deserves. That's the only criteria.

I personally feel combo videos should not be especially long. 5 - 10 mins of one song, or short pieces of multiple songs, is about right. Putting together multiple songs is cumbersome, though. But that is up to the editor to work with.

I haven't seen an example of anyone's proficiency with video editing here at the Kirby forums, so I can't nominate anyone for that position. Perhaps the best thing - and the most fun - is simply to let anyone who wants make a video. We can then put the best one(s) up in the Misc Video Discussion board.

We can all pool together good Kirby video clips for everyone to download and edit into their video as they want.

Samochan

Smash Master
I'm kinda itching to make a kirby combo video, now that I have this sexy Ulead video studio. I also have couple of songs just made for kirby combo video and I'm in the process of asking everyone for the clips. :3 KK90, Omni, KKK and T!mmy would be good amount of players for a combo vid, though I'd love to include more players like Runt, myself, Kirbstir and some other good players I'm forgetting here. I'm not that sure if Omni has that much comboes though since he plays more defensive and mindgamey kirby type and I dunno about Kirbstirs kirby, but he has told me he's gonna get clips up soon. I'd like to keep the vid extremely good quality so no cam recorded vids, but that would also mean to exclude KKK, Runt, myself and many others. :/ I'm not a techical wiz just yet, but Ulead seems a very, very promising and simple program and I can always ask everyone for tips and read tutorials. ^^

Sushiman

Smash Journeyman
I've checked the video discussion forums, but I don't have access to a lot of the options they stated, so does anyone have any other alternatives to recording SSBM videos?

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
If someone is planning on including a number of Kirby players other than those highly regarded, I've got some clips you can see here. http://youtube.com/watch?v=KBsLLTbqvHo

It's an old video I made, and it looked decent for a casual project, so I uploaded it. Of course, the quality is a little better than that, because of Youtube. If you do want to use some of those combos or ones from my other matches (Uploaded by me, of course), then send me a PM and I'll put it on my FileFront.

Unfortunately, most of my current footage is more slow, and defensive. I've got offensive, faster footage available, but can't upload it yet.

Samochan

Smash Master
Anyone having good quality clips (only live feed records so no cam and that kind of stuff) with good comboes or some really nasty or funny kill on them send em to me. I'm online on aim and msn almost 24/7 and you can upload those files on filefront, rapidshare or someplace else and send me a PM.

I do hope that Peki will get his recording program soon that I could record my own matches a bit too, though we've played together long enough that he doesn't fall prey for my kirby anymore.:urg: And playign against coco with kirby is even worse. X_x This'll probably take some time since I gotta get vids from multiple persons, though I'm in no hurry. Someone else could probably make another one featuring the cam recorded vids. :3 Like part two.

Edit: Do not send me already encoded videos. I want the maximum video quality from the actual clips recorded, so no wmv files (unless they're the recorded clips with superb quality). AVI files do nicely and so do other formats like Quicktime and MPEG if they're superb quality, cept' MP4, since Ulead does not support MP4 files. No weird filetypes either, I'm sure Ulead does not support everything.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Nitro, I liked that video. Nice choice on music, and the last clip with the team combo was funny. XD

Madlobster

Smash Apprentice
Well im pretty new here, but if i were to see a kirby movie, i would like to see som realy good ol fashion pure owange.
i think anyone would want to see this movie with as good clips as possible, and as much ownage as possible.

_umbra_

Smash Champion
IMO, it shouldn't just be pros, but it should be mostly pros. Maybe a good combo thrown in once in a while from the average player could be good. As long as they are good combos, it shouldn't matter. :) As for how it is divided, maybe it could be mixed up randomly (or to go along with the music, lol), and the people's names could be shown in the beginning/end, sort of like Crouching Peach Hidden Stitchface.

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
Anyone having good quality clips (only live feed records so no cam and that kind of stuff) with good comboes or some really nasty or funny kill on them send em to me. I'm online on aim and msn almost 24/7 and you can upload those files on filefront, rapidshare or someplace else and send me a PM.
I'm putting the one from Youtube up on File Front, as well as another one I was working on.

Notes on the second one: The song in the video is one of 2 songs I'm using in my higherquality video. Also, some of the combos in the second one will be in the high quality one. Some of the clips do have a lot of lag, most ly the ones vs Roy and Doc. If you do want to use one of those clips if you decide to include footage of me, then just PM me and I'll send you a lagless version.

DeathscytheHello

Smash Journeyman
man, so there actually is a character specific worse than the ness forums...
No kidding. I often wonder why I even bother showing up in hopes of a decent thought. But, nah, the only good thing that has come this way in a while is Krazy Kirby Kid's thoughts on match-ups. And that was a long, long time ago.

Samochan

Smash Master
I've currently decided which music to use on the combo video and have currently one nice vid from runt, still waiting for nitro's answer. So yea, only direct feed vids, preferably AVI files for maximum quality, but MPEG or Quicktime or other format do just fine, just now MP4 since Ulead does not support that.

I decided to have little extra on the end of the clip, Kirby bloopers. So if any of you have any funny wtf vids, preferably cam recorded so you can hear the players comments about it (but still see what's going on), send em to me via PM or contact me on Aim or MSN.

Edit: Anyone happen to have a forward running Kirby Thomaz is using in his sig, but unedited?

Sushiman

Smash Journeyman
Does anybody else have any high quality combo clips? It'd be nice if we just had a big compilation of links to filefront or something, too.

Samochan

Smash Master
Soo... anyone actually wanting me to make the combo video? :/ I only have vids from Runt and Nitro and still waiting more and better quality clips from them. Kirbstir is on his way to get me some clips, dunno about Omnigamer, but no one else has contacted me in any way. >_> I know there are more kirby players here than Runt, Nitro, Kirbstir and Omni...

Edit: Got some clips from KK90, KKK might get some clips for meh next week, Kirbstir is also hopefully getting me clips, Omni is kinda away most of the time... More players needed though.

Top Bottom