• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Post your combos thread

Daedatheus

Smash Lord
Nice combo man! I dig, I dig.

Luigi on Link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-i1ZG2q2ZY
Not starting from zero but its done on a player
Nice quick way to kill haha. Yeah I think that uair is actually inescapable Surri, if you land on a platform high enough after your up+b at the right percentages you can combo out of it - maybe it's few frames off to be considered "perfect" but more or less can work consistently. I love how in this game you can combo out of stuff like this and combo out of upsmashes etc.... oh 64 stuntime.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Just wondering if that last Uair was avoidable....maybe not but i dunno
Not with Link. That player confirmed that he couldn't do anything.
Luigis firepunch is 1337

Daedatheus said:
I love how in this game you can combo out of stuff like this and combo out of upsmashes etc.... oh 64 stuntime.
So true... This game's hitstun is what makes it so great

onski?

Smash Ace
hella wish i had recorded the games ballin4life and i played today. i managed a down b during the middle of an intense fox combo, too good. lulz

B Link

Smash Lord
Nice ending.
But, about the pivot... the final effect would be the same if you just waited, then dashed to grab. Look cooler and do:
grab -> pivot -> pivot -> grab (it works, though I'm not sure if it comboes)
you can grab, then walk a bit then dash grab, but you can't just dash twice
and it doesn't look as cool

and i can't do the two pivots, i did it once but he bounced and I also did grab -> dash -> pivot -> grab instead which is pretty cool too xD

basically there's alot of variations

Tambor

Smash Journeyman
koro - I wouldn't play on more than 5 frames of delay. Be warned, good comboing doesn't make me a good player. I seem to suck at spacing and mindgames and I find it hard to get that one hit in against good opponents.

But I think some of his vids are TAS even though he doesnt mention it (too fast)
If I forget to mention, it's non-tas (sometimes with LOTS of trying). I usually use TAS to create some of my combos and see how quick I have to be, then choose to perform and record them or not. Depends on the amount of moves and the precision between them. That's the reason why my combos are usually short but require precision lol. And yes, TASing before performing is a bit unfair.
The kirby on jigglypuff combo? non-tas, 89 tries. not hard at all actually, just creative =/
If you have good technique, getting short hard combos off is just luck. I have tried over 1000 times for a combo until I finally got it (my falcon on jiggly with that stupid first pivot).

Thanks for the comments.

B Link

Smash Lord
im pretty sure you TAS'ed that falcon one (ending?)

but why would u perform it anyway if its still on the emulator

Tambor

Smash Journeyman
b link, i'll take that as a compliment. i just got lucky on the final pivots, but i had nothing to lose... if i missed one, i would just have stopped the recording lol. it's the same in combo vids, you only see the good stuff, since the "bad" parts are edited out.
nixxxon: just practice. i actually wrote a guide for basic keyboard techniques once lol (in spanish). covered short-hopping, tilting, walking, walking and tilting and uair without jumping.
koro, i pm'ed you.

let's not go off topic please, keep posting those comboez

Daedatheus

Smash Lord
And yes, TASing before performing is a bit unfair.
I don't really think so, it's a fair way to figure out the combo beforehand. Some of the greatest combos of our time wouldn't exist without it. From what I understand some of Isai's extra-long combos were made with savestates on emu, then when he finally figured out and perfected the combo it's performed on N64.

B Link

Smash Lord
I don't really think so, it's a fair way to figure out the combo beforehand. Some of the greatest combos of our time wouldn't exist without it. From what I understand some of Isai's extra-long combos were made with savestates on emu, then when he finally figured out and perfected the combo it's performed on N64.
ya i mean the combos are cool tambor and no doubt you can do them

but why re-perform them instead of just TAS'ing them since there's no point of re-performing if its -still- on the emulator and you're not doing it on the n64 cuz that's the only point of re-performing

just trying to make life easier i guess xD

D

Deleted member

everybodys falcon combos better than me

i have trouble connecting up-air strings

edit: might add a combo later

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Wtf?

Falcon uair combo's like the easiest combo on the game besides utilt combos
I think he maybe talking about some of the harder aspects of Uair chaining..

Such as falling through a platform or running off an edge which using Uair (and not jumping)

And i don't know why you guys are questioning this guys ability to Pivot and Taunt...as if we haven't seen more ridicules things here that are NOT TAS

Thats another thing i wouldn't advise trying to get good at, to use in game xD

ballin4life

Smash Hero
There's more nuance to Falcon's uair than it might seem at first glance. A lot of the time you can get in an extra uair by structuring your combo correctly (ie landing on a platform or something)

Example:

Johnny's first combo in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfof6lgpsDE&feature=related

Johnny fast falls an uair to land on the platform which allows him to continue the uair combo. There's also some skill in determining whether you should full hop uair or short hop uair or even platform drop uair.

Daedatheus

Smash Lord
but why re-perform them instead of just TAS'ing them since there's no point of re-performing if its -still- on the emulator and you're not doing it on the n64 cuz that's the only point of re-performing
I guess it's mainly so you can say "this wasn't TAS", or rather, have a lack of "TAS" anywhere in the video title, without cheating on your title. That way people will be more impressed or understanding of the skill required.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
There's more nuance to Falcon's uair than it might seem at first glance. A lot of the time you can get in an extra uair by structuring your combo correctly (ie landing on a platform or something)

Example:

Johnny's first combo in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfof6lgpsDE&feature=related

Johnny fast falls an uair to land on the platform which allows him to continue the uair combo. There's also some skill in determining whether you should full hop uair or short hop uair or even platform drop uair.
Like everything its about practice practice practice experience experience experience. Falcon is very mechanical, the more you practice the better and harder combos you will do

D

Deleted member

I think he maybe talking about some of the harder aspects of Uair chaining..

Such as falling through a platform or running off an edge which using Uair (and not jumping)

And i don't know why you guys are questioning this guys ability to Pivot and Taunt...as if we haven't seen more ridicules things here that are NOT TAS

Thats another thing i wouldn't advise trying to get good at, to use in game xD

no im not

its hard for me on a n64 controller to connect up air strings

Top Bottom