• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Post Count = Intelliagences

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biz_R_0

Smash Ace
Just saying, I'm fine with the image + 2 lines of text format. I just hate how redditors take it as an invitation to run whatever someone does that with into the ground.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
and I actually am not on Reddit nor 4chan. but I must admit some people are quick to judge others based on trivialties such as occasionally posting a meme pictures. =P

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Dude it's not even Reddit that's the worst though, it's **** like FunnyJunk and 9gag that have totally disemboweled the humorous body of the internet.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
^ someone speaks the truth. a joke is humorous and funny. an overused joke is not.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Reddit is still totally **** though, don't get me wrong.

Biz_R_0

Smash Ace
Funnyjunk and 9gag just rehost stuff, albeit they're still awful for encouraging it. The actual people who make those abortions are reddit (and even then, they're just dead watered-down 4chan jokes).

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Holy **** it doesn't matter if it's Reddit or 4chan, it's not acceptable. Frostwraith and anyone else posting that awful ****, you're not being funny or clever, holy ****.

Why is this thread so good?

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
It's funny because 4chan is just a dead watered down version of its previous self.

It's not the use of image macros, it's the unnecessary use with excessively long text etc that totally ruin it.

The whole point of a picture is that it speaks 1000 ****in words. If you're having to write a goddamn novella to get the context of the image across, you are failing at using a goddamn image.

You reply with an image as either a physical reaction which is then followed by what you have to say, or you post it with a short punchline that gets across everything that is necessary.
Images need that single line of text. Most images are just open to too much interpretation to the point of one doens't even know the meaning behind posting it. However, some get the point across super clearly without the added text.

Biz_R_0

Smash Ace
That's the name for /v/ regulars. It's the video game (lol) board on 4chan. I said that because that's the kind of crap they say all the time.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
No /v/ is full of idiots trying to act smart instead of idiots embracing their idiocy.

I just don't go on 4chan, I mean, that's why I talk about it because it's so infested with genpop that it's just not worth going to anymore, whereas before I wouldn't talk about 4chan or its jokes for the sole reason that it would encourage lamebirds to roll in.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
That's the name for /v/ regulars. It's the video game (lol) board on 4chan. I said that because that's the kind of crap they say all the time.
So you're admitting to just regurgitating a dumb 4chan meme.

What a great way to add to the conversation.

**** I feel bad for Jam.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
The core of the matter is that anyone who posts on the internet is an awful person.

Reddit is still totally **** though, don't get me wrong.
I like Reddit! The majority is gross, but the more specific subreddits have good content. The Smash reddit is pretty sweet, at least.

Biz_R_0

Smash Ace
@Teran The only board I ever go on is /co/, every other board is either based around stuff I don't care about or is garbage (/v/, /a/).

@Falcon so we're just calling any commonly used word on some place a "meme"? Also, who's Jam?

@Meno I agree, although the majority is still the grand majority of reddit. Also, the Smash sub is alright. There's not that much Brawl content, and it used to just be Melee + Brawl rants until about a year ago.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Images need that single line of text. Most images are just open to too much interpretation to the point of one doens't even know the meaning behind posting it. However, some get the point across super clearly without the added text.
Not really, a well utilised image can convey everything perfectly. Also leaving room for interpretation often sweetens the joke, if you're not a pleb.

**** I feel bad for Jam.
Omg Falcon stop sucking up to Teran cuz he's mod owait **** where did I go wrong in life?

I like Reddit! The majority is gross, but the more specific subreddits have good content. The Smash reddit is pretty sweet, at least.
Outside of the people I find the site just intolerable in terms of layout and interface.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
So you're admitting to just regurgitating a dumb 4chan meme.

What a great way to add to the conversation.

**** I feel bad for Jam.
le epik burn bro!! :^)

I for one literally enjoy using these cancerous memes and beating them absolutely to death. The amount of butthurt they can spawn is immense, ironically or unironically.

Biz_R_0

Smash Ace
Outside of the people I find the site just intolerable in terms of layout and interface.
I actually like their layout, however the voting system is awful and there shouldn't be default subs (especially no stuff like r/atheism).

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Fastest spawn of a tangent argument I've ever witnessed.:applejack:

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
The internet was best when everyone was all like ROMS AND WAREZ, and your computer would make funny noises when connecting to the internet.

Then broadband came and made it easier and easier for people to navigate the dubyadubyadubya

Xeylode's "Images need that single line of text. Most images are just open to too much interpretation to the point of one doens't even know the meaning behind posting it." is to Teran's "Not really".

And Xeylode's "However, some get the point across super clearly without the added text." is to Teran's "a well utilised image can convey everything perfectly."

Wait, in essence we admitted to the latter half of our points conveying the same message. Don't confuse me like that.

Then broadband came and made it easier and easier for people to navigate the dubyadubyadubya

I think you have given me a good idea of where the downfall of the internet began.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
No it wasn't, it was just funnier because it was newer. But not -better-.
You wouldn't know, the milk from your mother's **** was still fresh on your face at this time.

Biz_R_0

Smash Ace
You just defined a meme, so yes. Memes can be images, phrases, words, etc. A commonly used word made up on 4chan is absolutely a meme.
I never defined a meme. If you want me to, here it is; a meme, in this context, is a joke that's been used so many times that now it's just parroted for guaranteed laughs (ex. over 9000, the cake is a lie) or a formula that's barely changed that's used solely because it's popular and will get guaranteed laughs (ex. Fry "not sure if", condescending Wonka). "/v/irgin" is just kind of an easier way of saying "someone that goes on /v/" (although it was made as a self-deprecating joke), just as "smasher" is a shorter way of saying someone that plays Smash Bros. competitively and "redditor" is a shorter way of saying everything that's wrong in the world.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
I never defined a meme. If you want me to, here it is; a meme, in this context, is a joke that's been used so many times that now it's just parroted for guaranteed laughs (ex. over 9000, the cake is a lie) or a formula that's barely changed that's used solely because it's popular and will get guaranteed laughs (ex. Fry "not sure if", condescending Wonka). "/v/irgin" is just kind of an easier way of saying "someone that goes on /v/" (although it was made as a self-deprecating joke), just as "smasher" is a shorter way of saying someone that plays Smash Bros. competitively and "redditor" is a shorter way of saying everything that's wrong in the world.
You think a meme has to be a joke for "guaranteed laughs"?

Could you ****ing **** the original meaning of the concept any harder?

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I remember when XD was just another way of emoting.

In fact I still use it because I think of it in the original context so whatevs ma neezy.

Biz_R_0

Smash Ace
@Falcon "in this context". Which was the context of being a joke.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
@Falcon "in this context". Which was the context of being a joke.
Something isn't quite right he- AHA!

@Falcon

"IN THIS CONTEXT". Which was the context of the context that IS, this context..

You'll see that it was a joke.

See ya see Falcon, in this context there's no room for error, because see ya see Falcon, I'm the man in this context, the greatest context of all.
You're welcome.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
;-; But I use the "XD" emoticon a lot.. probably type that one the most of all... Never THAT much though.

All of these places you guys speak of I have never stepped into. Used to have a girlfriend who regurgitated all of such things on the internet on a daily basis. It was hard to stand honestly. This is coming from a person who can appreciate a meme in or outside of the internet on occasion.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
What happened to that awful Smash Blue theme?
I thought it used to have a blue BG, but it's showing up black for me.
It'd look pretty nice too if it wasn't for the fact it looks terrible.

^^^ +1 days... Those were fun times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom