• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Post Count = Intelliagences

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Your post count not only shows how smart you are, it also shows how much respect you have among the community.

Respect from the dead that is.

What happened to that awful Smash Blue theme?
I thought it used to have a blue BG, but it's showing up black for me.
It'd look pretty nice too if it wasn't for the fact it looks terrible.

^^^ +1 days... Those were fun times.
Get your bowser fixed.

C.SDK

Smash Ace
Well, this thread turned into a dog pile of crap. Bunch of dudes circlejerking in here.

"omg 4chan used to be so cool and original back in the day!!1"

"blah blah hurr reddit durr cancer 9gag sux"

"nobody but us cool kids from 4chan can repeat said meme/joke and anyone else who does just 'doesn't get it' therefore they're new*** cancer who should stay away from 4chan"

The way that I see it is that people are just mad that their jokes are being used by people outside of 4chan and quite frankly, I see it as extremely childish.

C.SDK

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure Newgrounds has the same smug members that "oh mah gawd, Newgrounds used to be so cool and now it's ridden with annoying/bad/dumb content!"

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Well, this thread turned into a dog pile of crap. Bunch of dudes circlejerking in here.

"omg 4chan used to be so cool and original back in the day!!1"

"blah blah hurr reddit durr cancer 9gag sux"

"nobody but us cool kids from 4chan can repeat said meme/joke and anyone else who does just 'doesn't get it' therefore they're new*** cancer who should stay away from 4chan"

The way that I see it is that people are just mad that their jokes are being used by people outside of 4chan and quite frankly, I see it as extremely childish.

You don't understand the idea of watering down. You're probably the sort of person who is shouting WINNING for no reason as a reference to being cool and Charlie Sheen in 2011.

Jokes and any sort of creative material exist within a certain culture, environment, and context. When taken out of their native environment and first spouted, they are then exposed to those who won't really grasp it, but for their sheeplike mentality of wanting to follow a perceived desirable and funny thing, they will repeat the material outside of its original context and strip it of its original impact and identy.

For an example see "White people and black forms of music"

Basically it is totally legit to complain about a time when a place was less diluted in terms of its cultural identity and atmosphere.

There is only one thing that kills a genre, known as the masses.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
If you're not a part of the circle, get out.

But really, this thread has gotten the most attention and viewers than the UB has seen in a while. Very impressive himemiya. I don't know how you did it.

Seriously.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
He didn't write a proper blog because nobody ****in reads and responds to those.

Biz_R_0

Smash Ace
@morino I posted a description of exactly what I have a problem with. My problem with reddit taking 4chan jokes is that they don't do it until it gets to that point, or they turn it into that and never let it die.

@holder you're welcome

@Teran that, too.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
And there we have it, we find out himemiya is actually the smartest of us all, and his diction is a clever guise of his true intellect.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Holder you are pretty dense sometimes no offence.

Biz_R_0

Smash Ace
Hey guys, look at the new rage face!

Quality content, right there.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I figga like any otha ***** with his hand on da trigga cuz it don't get no bigga than a UB riot.

You slag.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
...Hmm, I need to learn when it is better to not follow the herd in this place. My mistake.

I figga like any otha ***** with his hand on da trigga cuz it don't get no bigga than a UB riot.

You slag.
"I reason like any other desperate person in a hostage situation because the situation does not get much bigger than ________(insert sizeable object)."

Was I close?

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
...Hmm, I need to learn when it is better to not follow the herd in this place. My mistake.
I think you mean "not to" actually imo obv

I reason like any other desperate person in a hostage situation because the situation does not get much bigger than ________(insert sizeable object).

Was I close?
Don't h'ax me how it wurk. But. It. Do.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
OMG U DODGED A SWEAR ;___;

mokoloko

C.SDK

Smash Ace
You don't understand the idea of watering down. You're probably the sort of person who is shouting WINNING for no reason as a reference to being cool and Charlie Sheen in 2011.

Jokes and any sort of creative material exist within a certain culture, environment, and context. When taken out of their native environment and first spouted, they are then exposed to those who won't really grasp it, but for their sheeplike mentality of wanting to follow a perceived desirable and funny thing, they will repeat the material outside of its original context and strip it of its original impact and identy.

For an example see "White people and black forms of music"

Basically it is totally legit to complain about a time when a place was less diluted in terms of its cultural identity and atmosphere.

There is only one thing that kills a genre, known as the masses.
I see your point and I understand where you're coming from, but I still see it as some kind of inside joke from a circle of friends that just get buttflustered that other people are using their inside joke without fully knowing the context behind it. It's really not that big of a deal to be honest (at least with these internet inside jokes). I have an issue with people that become total *******s to people that would otherwise would've gotten along in person if that person had not used a certain emoticon or likes LOLcats. Then again, maybe I'm giving 4chan users too much credit because I've been there several times and it honestly depresses me. Like, holy ****, I use an emoticon and all of a sudden I browse Reddit, 9gag, and a bunch of sites I don't go on according to people. Which reminds me, no, I don't shout WINNING. Cool to see that you've proven what I just said ;)

By the way, what do you think of this clothing?

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
You're acting as if I don't distance myself from idiots irl and that there aren't similar things mirrored irl.

Like really man, the only major difference between internet and irl is that at least irl people are generally too meek to answer back when you ask them to stop being dolts.

Biz_R_0

Smash Ace
@Morino you completely disregard everything he says, rehash what you already said instead of saying something new, say how everyone on 4chan is dumb because the equate someone who uses dead ******** memes with an entire website full of those people, and then "you just proved me right *le smug face*". You should go check reddit out, I think you'd like it. Also, stay there.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
While you're at it, vote Obama and eat white babies.

C.SDK

Smash Ace
You're acting as if I don't distance myself from idiots irl and that there aren't similar things mirrored irl.

Like really man, the only major difference between internet and irl is that at least irl people are generally too meek to answer back when you ask them to stop being dolts.
Okay, I'm sorry for not hating someone's guts for saying ME GUSTA.

@Morino you completely disregard everything he says, rehash what you already said instead of saying something new, say how everyone on 4chan is dumb because the equate someone who uses dead ******** memes with an entire website full of those people, and then "you just proved me right *le smug face*". You should go check reddit out, I think you'd like it. Also, stay there.
Uh, not to pull another *le smug face,* but what did you say? It's kind of worded funny. Revise your post and see if you missed any words or something 'cause I don't wanna misinterpret what you said.

Biz_R_0

Smash Ace
So you're using rage faces made on reddit, and expect people not to think you're from reddit? Also, they have to react like that, as otherwise they risk the chance of your ****ty le memes becoming acceptable and drawing the wrong crowd (you).

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Okay, I'm sorry for not hating someone's guts for saying ME GUSTA.
See this is also many people's problem, the fact that they can't see the distinction between distancing oneself from people who exhibit incompatible personality traits and hatred.

Then again in America things are rather black and white.

Bahahahahaha

C.SDK

Smash Ace
So you're using rage faces made on reddit, and expect people not to think you're from reddit? Also, they have to react like that, as otherwise they risk the chance of your ****ty le memes becoming acceptable and drawing the wrong crowd (you).
No, I don't care where they're from. I once pulled an image from a Google search that was coincidentally hosted on funnyjunk and Teran poked fun at that and assumed I went on funnyjunk. So it's image issues, huh? Sounds like a "cool club" to me. Gotta keep all the lames away, y'know?

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
It's not the cool club, it's the inverse.

Meme floggers are the lepers/fat kids of the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom