• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Post a pic of your 1v1 Winrate

Sera Smash

Smash Rookie
I'm in a few skype smash groups and frequent the forums a lot, and about 90%+ of the people I talk to typically brag about a 50%+ winrate, about 80% of them brag and say it's above 75%. Of course there's many reasons that this could be the case, like some of the best smashers mostly being ones who would frequent the forums, or they only play bad people lots and leave vs good people, or the system is just randomly pairing people up...

but I don't buy those, I have a theory that there's a working system in the game and it's goal is to force you to a 50% winrate via the hidden MMR system (that some people don't believe exists).

So the theory being that if you're over 50% it's going to match you with more difficult opponents until you're bumped down, and will repeatedly do so until you even out, because in theory if it matches the best players vs the best players they WON'T be able to maintain high winrates unless one person dominates everyone and that's not what I am seeing on the forums.

So the theory is:
1) the match-making is broken... or
2) people are exaggerating their ridiculous winrates (over so many games).

So out of curiosity, whether your 'uber proud of your winrate' or not, I am curious as to what people's experiences in online 1v1 have been, particularly those of your with 100+ games.

I've put in 200+ games the past couple days and my first... ~30ish games was about 90% and then I started facing ridiculously good people and have been bumbling around the 50-60%. It seems that if I face someone mediocre ~10 games (and get 10 wins) then it gives me a very hard match after that, and vice versa--if I lose to someone 15-20 times the next match will be easy and this is indicative of an MMR system that's aiming to get people to 50%

So while I concede there are ways to game the system (playing someone bad ~100 games in a row) eventually the system will force you down to the 50% equilibrium based on the huge population of online players to support a hidden MMR.

So for my own curiosity if you have ~100+ games I'd be interested in seeing pictures of records because I am looking for something a bit more credible than people's self-proclaimed street cred.

On these forums I have seen several people claiming 95%+ winrate with over 200 games. I'd love to see a picture of that.

So here's the data from my end. I'm interested in seeing other people's data and if you have time then add some info about your experience (did you have a high win% at first? Did you find that after losing several in a row the opponents got easier? etc etc etc).

Last edited:

Isabella

Smash Rookie
Hi, I'd like to agree with the possibility of there being a hidden MMR system, as I had 90%+ winrate for about 60 games until it slowly started trickling down to 80%, where it is now, due to facing some really tough players. I still get put up against easy people sometimes, but much, much less than when I started.
The only loss streak I got was 3 so far, where the opponents were ridiculously strong... I think that was when I was at about 95% win rate early on.
I think the match-making needs some work, but it's probably difficult impossible to monitor everyone's gameplay at the same time.
What I believe, is that, when more people have adjusted to 'where they belong' in terms of performance, then the system might be more balanced.

Last edited:

Malle

Smash Apprentice

3 losses were because of SD's made by 3DS controls (somehow used side-special instead of up-special) true story!

Osqu

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4227-2272-0476
19 - 60 at the moment, I'm so bad... any tips for a semi noob falcon?

ReddFloxy

Smash Apprentice
19 - 60 at the moment, I'm so bad... any tips for a semi noob falcon?
Show them your moves.

Anyway, in a more serious note, if you're losing badly each time try hanging back more often in the match, see what they're up to and try to intercept more. I get most of my losses by just rushing in without a worry on my mind <3 (ps, that does not work lol)

I'll post up my pic a bit later, most likely edit it in this post.

KaZe_DaRKWIND

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5043-2124-2144
I play random all the time so I lose quite often. Eventually I'll figure it out. Also doesn't help I haven't played Smash in years. Currently at 37%.

Vanguard227

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vanguard227
Switch FC
SW 4222 8780 9424
Feeling too lazy to take a picture of it, but my win ratio is 66%

30 matches

20 victories

D3boy510

Smash Rookie
I've killed my winrate. I leave whenever I win 3 in a row but will stay against someone who is beating me over and over

Orngeblu

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1846-4809

I faced plenty of mediocre players, which I won almost all of them. (Some of the losses being me goofing off) I played some pretty good players as well who happened to take some games off me.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 245254

I am almost certain there is a hidden MMR. Like everyone else is touting my first 100-200 matches were stupid easy. I even get matched up against players that don't apparently seem to even fully know the controls.

Getting in to the 200 sector things changed. I began to pretty consistently get better players and above 300 I'm almost assured that when I queue up I'm going to be challenged.

Win/loss %'s are a worthless stat to share. Ideally you would share your x:y match win/loss (where x is wins and y is losses). If you have above a 60%+ at over 400-500 matches then I'd say you're showing a pretty consistent demonstration that you're decent at the game.

Ideally for most players their % should sink as they gain more matches, and likely, sit around ~50%.

Until that happens just be patient and deal with all the "I have 90%+ win ratio!", it'll die down.

Isabella

Smash Rookie
I agree whole-heartedly, I'm slowly starting to get more skilled players consistently, I look forward to the challenge I'll be facing later.

Last edited:

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
It's easy to get a "ridiculous win rate"

Most people do the following:

Play a match of 1 v 1 - Did you win? - Yes - Beat them countless times until they leave, free wins
- No - Leave and find someone else to farm wins off of

Plus, dat lag.

Crendog

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0318-7435-8104
Mine is 29% but i lost four in a row and noticed that i started to play worse people

AceMan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KnowledgeMan
Mine is 29% but i lost four in a row and noticed that i started to play worse people
Yeah cause Sakurai stated in one of the videos for the game that there would be some sort of player matching dependent on skill

CitizenSNIPS

Smash Cadet
TS you have my pic from 202 matches. When I hit 302 I'll update it. So far my win % has gone up by a few.

Golden Elite

Smash Rookie
I don't have anything to take a picture so you can take my word or not but my stats are as follows:
Battles 255; victories 192; losses 63; win rate (WR) 75.29%; WR last 10 70%; WR last 50 80%; WR last 100 77%.
I played Sheik exclusively and I like to play against people who beat me so I learn unfavorable matchups. In other words, I don't try to boost my winrate. Since I still have a much greater win rate than 50% in the last few games, maybe I'll drop my stats again in about 100 more games.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Play some single player. The match making is based off of that not online win/loss. This cannot be understated enough.

I'm at 398 battles with a 76% win. I'd say this is a bit inflated because I like trying to teach players I face about roll punishing (and that they should not spam roll or they're going to take a mega upper in the gut.). Against people I consider decent opponents (with no lag) I'd say I'm closer to 68-70% which I find to be a nice range. (A little over 2/3rds)

Last edited:

beef smash

Smash Rookie
got a pretty good percentage so far

edit* this is 1on1 only, never played for glory team or combined

Last edited:

Random4811

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Random4811
3DS FC
3093-7532-1720
Not taking a pic, dont have a camera.

Mine bounces between 45-50. I like to play 2/3 sets against my opponents, regardless of who they are. I don't like to farm % by beating the easy guys. I do a set for each character I play (Marth to Falcon to Fox to Kirby to Jigs to Ninja), and considering I'm not as good with Fox or Jigs as I am the other 3, it tends to drag my win % down. I'm not in it for the percent, i'm in it for the practice. The more a player bodies me, the more I like to play them. I normally move on from a player after I've gone through my characters, but If they're good enough to keep me on my toes or body me, then I tend to like to do some more sets with them.

I am my winrate's worst enemy.

Grass

Smash Lord
Don't have a camera either, but mine's about 55% Ish win rate.

I mostly play to win, but sometimes there's BS and kinda just walk away from the game.

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
I don't have a camera or phone, but anyone else when they first got SSB4 was to go online and play? well I didn't even know the controls, so I got defeated like 20 times, then etc

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Hovering between 50% and 60%, making me believe there is a hidden match making system as well, but it is highly possible that I'm just average at smash.

kyxsune

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2423-2660-2706
Play some single player. The match making is based off of that not online win/loss. This cannot be understated enough.

I'm at 398 battles with a 76% win. I'd say this is a bit inflated because I like trying to teach players I face about roll punishing (and that they should not spam roll or they're going to take a mega upper in the gut.). Against people I consider decent opponents (with no lag) I'd say I'm closer to 68-70% which I find to be a nice range. (A little over 2/3rds)
So much This. I usually just use my secondary until they piss me off...or use little mac

GSM_Dren

Smash Journeyman
See sig below. I've played my matches exclusively as Yoshi (with few matches as secondaries at launch). I rarely leave matches and will continue to play till the other person leaves. I will leave due to lag (not during the match, but after) which is a given. I'd like to think there is a hidden MMR system because as of recently, I've been facing better opponents. Still, I've been progressing to higher win rate and would like to reach 90% someday. FG is great for practice and honing in skill execution, and I enjoy playing against others not in my local region.

Edit: I also like to "teach" my opponents of the bad habits they may have such as being too predictable, roll spamming, etc. For these matches I try not to go "all out" but really try to make their bad habits known through punishing them repeatedly for it.

Last edited:

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993

I'd probably have a lower loss ratio if I wasn't so darned adamant in winning at least one match against some really tough guys. :p

Steam

Smash Hero
was 93%~ winrate on 3DS with over 1000 games. right now I'm between 97-98% on wiiU with around 800 games played. Most of my losses are me on characters I don't really play lol.

BSME/misc

Smash Ace
NNID
jjp702
3DS FC
1521-3685-4649

A few times I jumped off the ledge due to terrible input lag and didn't want to take a 20 min. time out. This thread should turn into a matchmaking thread lol.

Daxter

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DaxterD
3DS FC
1289-9356-8058
I can't post a pic right now but... 20% win rate. The last 40 games I've played, I've been defeated and thoroughly taunted for it, right down to Miiverse posts telling me "It doesn't cost you anything to sell the game, f*** idiot." (real message).

Honestly I see these posts and I actually to cry. I bought Smash to become talented at it, not told how much salt I have in my eyes. How do you guys make winning so easy? I never win despite hundreds of hours of practice.

JmacAttack

Wielder of the Triforce
BRoomer
NNID
DudeMcPersonMan
3DS FC
1865-1222-7961
When I started out, I had a 12% win rate. Now it's climbed up to 42%.

Never give up!

I can't post a pic right now but... 20% win rate. The last 40 games I've played, I've been defeated and thoroughly taunted for it, right down to Miiverse posts telling me "It doesn't cost you anything to sell the game, f*** idiot." (real message).

Honestly I see these posts and I actually to cry. I bought Smash to become talented at it, not told how much salt I have in my eyes. How do you guys make winning so easy? I never win despite hundreds of hours of practice.
When you get defeated, save a replay. Watch it over again. Try to understand why your chosen options didn't work, and why your opponent's did. That's the first step. Try to mix up your game - if the first thing you do at the start of every match is charge straight at the opponent and dash attack, you're doing it wrong. Make it look like you're charging at the opponent, then jump back or roll away. If your opponent take an action off the assumption you were going to make an attack, try to figure out how you can punish it.

Look at your character's attacks individually. What situations are they each good for? Do those attacks combo into anything?

For us to help you more, though, we'll need to know what defeats you most often. That'll show us where you need the most help.

Last edited:
Top Bottom