• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Post a pic of your 1v1 Winrate

SpScarecrow

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4699-7829-1600
45.03% Played so many games that a win only raises it by .05 percent. Went up by 14% from 31% recently because ive practiced movement and can properly tilt. Need to practice RAR

Retro X

Smash Apprentice
NNID
uncorruptable
Win rate is completely irrelevant to skill. If I badly beat an opponent multiple times in a row (or even just once if they're REALLY bad) I'll quit the match and look for someone better. You'll never improve if you keep playing crappy opponents :/

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
OH HEY

This thread will be very useful to me, since I'm doing a thing.

Last edited:

Bullys

Smash Apprentice
NNID
bullys23
Win rate is completely irrelevant to skill. If I badly beat an opponent multiple times in a row (or even just once if they're REALLY bad) I'll quit the match and look for someone better. You'll never improve if you keep playing crappy opponents :/
I agree, the old saying goes "iron sharpens iron". A weak player wont punish mistakes made, not just in Smash, but in any game.

Liam Kneeson

Shows His Moves
NNID
BakedGiraffe
3DS FC
2724-0393-4056
It appears that this is my time to shine. Hopefully my data can contribute here. First pic is current winrate. The rest of the pics are actual progress pics that I was taking while I rose to, and above, 50%+.

I would have to agree that there may be a hidden MMR, as I have significantly improved since I began playing, but struggle to continue raising my rate. For historical context, I began playing For Glory only a few days following the release (Probably started playing often around October 10th), and the 420 total matches photo was taken on October 25th. I'll hide the progress pics in a spoiler for readability.

Wyverian

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5472-6896-8093

Here's mine. I started playing FG on day one of the games release, and i was rusty as nails. I eventually got better in the course of like 3 weeks. Oh and i may be satans child.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717

I think I do ok considering I main Zeldoo in a game with easy aerial dodges and shielding. :3c

I also use Palutena and Jiggly, with a side of pretty Peach, manly Robin, and shirtless Shulk. Recently I picked up WFT and she is so fun+funny. My best is Zeldoo.

TheGreatShal

Smash Cadet

I think I do ok considering I main Zeldoo in a game with easy aerial dodges and shielding. :3c

I also use Palutena and Jiggly, with a side of pretty Peach, manly Robin, and shirtless Shulk. Recently I picked up WFT and she is so fun+funny. My best is Zeldoo.
You think you do OK!? That's incredible! I could only dream of having that kind of winrate!

Xcano

Smash Lord
NNID
Xcano128
3DS FC
4511-1143-2506
I was pitted against very good people at first and I lost quite a lot, but then suddenly I was pitted against people who looked like they didn't have hands. I'm currently around 48.7%. I can play quite well but usually my matches against people go Win/Loss/Win/Loss.

I've also noticed that I get put up against the same people. A lot. So maybe the MMR tries to find players on your level and keep you there?

P.S. Although I will say I've only played around 80 matches so I may not be the best authority on this.

Last edited:

NoE503

Smash Rookie
I can't post a pic from my phone on here but if I find out how I will. My win rate for my last 100 1v1 is peaked at 91% and my last 50 is around 95%. I'm getting matched with skilled players opposed to the bad kids I was getting matched with. I almost always getting paired with Japanese kids.

Desu~

Smash Ace
NNID
Mr. G-E
Switch FC
2211-2137-8924
Yo guys.
How many of those matches were laggy I wonder.

Last edited:

NoE503

Smash Rookie
If the other player has a decent connection it's fine, I don't run into to many non playable lag matches.

Animosity

Smash Rookie
That's actually an interesting theory, as when I first started, online play with randoms seemed to receive a lot of bad rep due to easy-peasy matchups. The serious players mocked it on a constant and said it was for casuals; a mere joke for people of their caliber. Which always made me sink into the background, as I was completely new and constantly got swept by those "casuals".

Then I slowly saw myself improving. I believe I've played around ~100 games with a ~30% win rate. I mean, those numbers are still pretty terrible and I'm still learning, but there was a period where I won most of my matches. It boosted up my confidence a ****ton and I genuinely believed I was making progress until yeah... I started facing tougher opponents who handed my ass to me on a silver platter. I also started seeing a lot more Falcons, Yoshis, Links, and Diddy Kongs. They're all I seem to get now. I'm happy I'm facing tougher people and in turn, it's helping me learn, but getting beat over and over again does get tiresome.

If this theory is true, it makes me feel a little bit better about my current situation. Kinda motivates me to keep climbing up the ladder if it's meant to help you play on an even level field.

Sodo

Smash Journeyman
Sitting at 50% or something like that, with about 40% in my last 100. I'm convinced there's some sort of skill-based matchmaking because I was around 60-65% and then I started playing some really good people. I went 10 or 15 games without getting a KO, it was ridiculous. It also probably doesn't help that I use a Wiimote sans nunchuck, but there's no Johns in For Glory.

Schir

Smash Rookie

I'm not very good at Smash. Need to spend more time practicing. Also, more time playing the game in general.

Last edited:
Top Bottom