• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Possible new threat to watch for when fighting dedede.

Goofiestbee

Smash Rookie
Well, I was at a tourny yesterday in CT, me and buuman were fooling around his Dedede vs. my Ike.
I have a decent Ike and can hold my own on his dedede (until the backairs come in when im recovering ><)

But anyways...I don't know if this is already known or not so don't flame if it is.

We were on the old pokemon stadium map and it was on "neutral".
Well, what happened was, he was recovering from the far right and I was on the ledge.
My idea was, to give him a Up tilt with Ike to finish him as he recovered.
But as he came down into my Up tilt range he was doing the "Swallow" move.
what happened was, when my Uptilt hit him, it IMMEDIATELY meteored me and brought me into an Up air making it impossible for me to recover.

We both noticed it and decided to test it again and behold the same thing occured.
We only tested this on the old pokemon stadium stage.

Thank you - Goof~

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
by meteor do you mean it sent you strait down like a spike or did it just pull you along and you did a uaired instead of utilt cause my friend was inhaling on the way down in battle field and i just utilt him and killed him

Goofiestbee

Smash Rookie
It was done offline, someone else could test this.
It was done on the Melee stage "Pokemon Stadium"..
He was falling directly above me inhaling
as soon as my up tilt connected to him I was sent off the stage directly down and was immediately also forced into a Up air, and no i did not hit any other buttons to perform the up air, it just happens.

Can someone else test this?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
buffer system is a thing in the game which lets you follow up moves when you cancel other moves. IE: you'e charging DK's punch in the air and you press shield to cancel it. If you pressed shield on the near end of a whirl you would immediately air dodge once you were aloud too. The buffer system basically is for allowing moves to flow more easily. But i think there might be some bugs in it that is leading to this. Its only a hypothesis though. another IE would be the repeated Jabs. that's technically the buffer system.

Seventh Sword

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1951-0055-5151
Buffering is where you input the command for 'Move B' while the animation for 'Move A' is still ongoing, resulting in the character executing 'Move B' as soon as it can.

J4pu

Smash Champion
I=Ike ; D=D3

_______I D
.. ... ..../
........../

was this how it looked? or did D3 come down directly on top of you so that you were both over the ground?

RazeveX

Smash Ace
sadly the buffer system screwed you, but it can come in handy.

For example, if you do an up smash on the edge of a platform while someone big is on it (eg. Dedede), you will do an up smash instantly followed by an up air, both hitting almost simultaneously.

Top Bottom