• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Possible MetaKnight Counter!

Irae

Smash Cadet
Before I state anything else, this needs more testing.

Last night in some friendly matches with my roommate, we played a DDD vs MK matchup.

I had 200 damage, and I was up one stock, so I was attempting a DDD-cide.

He used his Side-B, drill attack thing and came at me as I was perched on the ledge, sucking.

He hit me yes, but in a move reminiscent of Ike's Quick Draw glitch, he flew off the side, and couldn't recover. His normal "rebound" didn't function either.

Stunned, I tried it again vs his tornado, and it worked there, too.

So...

I think we may have a viable counter to the whorenado as long as we edgecamp. But that's only IF this is confirmed.

Anyone care to test it? I won't be able to until tonight.

GodotAA

Smash Ace
why would a smart metaknight do a drill rush towards the edge of the level... or even a tornado... what if he messed up for some reason... Fall Special OH NOOOOOOO... then metaknight fails

good idea but it wont work in the way you are stating

Irae

Smash Cadet
why would a smart metaknight do a drill rush towards the edge of the level... or even a tornado... what if he messed up for some reason... Fall Special OH NOOOOOOO... then metaknight fails

The drill rush one isn't useful, but the tornado is spammed so much, it could conceivably be useful.

At the very least, it would give metaknight pause when rushing ddd.

Irae

Smash Cadet
I've confirmed this to work flawlessly. I just need to get it filmed. Look for a video soon, either tonight or tomorrow afternoon. Depends on how fast I can finish this essay. This technique is actually very useful, as it causes the MK player to hesitate before using tornado near the edge.

At the very least, it's good for mindgames. My roommate relentlessly approached with tornado on my DDD, but now, he's a bit more cautious.

Adam_CUTIE

Smash Cadet
old.

they need to be in the later few frames of the whorenado when they get near you, and your suck will kill the **** out of them :D

CO18

Smash Hero
it works if they dont expect it, the drill rush pulling is more effective but a mk would never really do that.

The tornado doesnt work though unless they barely press B and use the nado for like 2 seconds otherwise theyll just return safely to the stage

Drecker

Smash Ace

Hey, DSF recovers with OverB.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
This might work on some more stages than others. I can see this being really useful Do you think this might work for Kirby?

Irae

Smash Cadet
This might work on some more stages than others. I can see this being really useful Do you think this might work for Kirby?
Yes. It uses the same physics as the Ike quick draw glitch, so I'd say any sort of inhalation would do it.

T-REX!

Smash Apprentice
Maybe if they're drillrushing to the ledge? And I saw M2k do the tornado

Top Bottom