• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

possible jab lock combo(based from gonzo)

KiraNumber7

Smash Apprentice
well i was messing around on practice mode and i realized this:

f-grab, u-air, up-tilt(not reversed), FS, falling n-air, d-tilt, jab, jab, jab, and so on
TY Gonzo

im not sure who it works on completely cause my bro went on animal crossing b4 i could check, i dont kno who else discovered this if anyone did if so i apologize, and once again thank you Gonzo :bee:

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord
I did a lot of testing on the footstool combos and found that the Fast-falled n-air could only work on a few select characters. I don't remember who exactly, you'll have to look for the old thread. Also Gonzo worked on many options into footstool and fount that none of them really worked that well. They can usually jump out of the up-tilt.

Might catch someone un-expectantly tho

KO M

Smash Apprentice
im not entirly sure how well it would work, ingame with competitive people.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
T_T has anyone ever pulled off an actual "jablock" in a real game?

I haven't, so recently on some of my "weaker" opponents I try spamming Down Air or Final Cutter in the hopes that they'll land on the ground helplessly, but I can't seem to pull it off.

KiraNumber7

Smash Apprentice
i dont remember but i was told by my friend Veggi that i pulled it off on his DDD, but l0l i actually dont remember doing it, but uhh anyway off gaurd is probably the best answer T-T my bad, pwn sum noobs =/

8BitRevolver

Smash Journeyman

I haven't, so recently on some of my "weaker" opponents I try spamming Down Air or Final Cutter in the hopes that they'll land on the ground helplessly, but I can't seem to pull it off.
yea lol i abuse it so much
im telling you if you up b out of shield it sets up for a wicked jab lock that most people dont see coming

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I've pulled off jab lock combos in friendlies and only once in a tournament match. I managed to record a couple of them. :) One with Kirby I finished off with a Hammer and one with Meta Knight I finished with a Dimensional Cape (for bonus style points).

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I've pulled off jab lock combos in friendlies and only once in a tournament match. I managed to record a couple of them. :) One with Kirby I finished off with a Hammer and one with Meta Knight I finished with a Dimensional Cape (for bonus style points).
Wait um...Meta Knight jab lock? Is it with...ftilt?

Dimensional Cape? lol too good

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
yea lol i abuse it so much
im telling you if you up b out of shield it sets up for a wicked jab lock that most people dont see coming
The only problem is that only works for people who don't DI, as if they get hit with the one going up, they can DI away from the hit going down, not to mention they have to miss the shockwave...

Top Bottom