• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 Possible Game Mode Reveals at E3

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Which modes do you think Sakurai will reveal at E3.
I think a customization mode that was shown at the direct will go indepth and stage builder mode will be revealed with huge improvements.

fill

20EggsEggs
It depends on how much they're going into, but apparently a stream for details will be on all day.

I'm hoping for a new way that changes stocks personally.
like crew battle style? i'd like the default to be set to stocks at least instead of time. and i wonder what the WiiU mode will be since 3ds has smash Run

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
I think we'll see what Sakurai meant by the whole Assist Trophies + All Star Mode thing

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
He said they're to be involved with All Star mode in the Smash Direct a while go.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Board the Platforms!

Oh you meant those that are possible? My bad. Maybe Home-Run Contest and some news on Adventure Mode (will it be like Melee, or something else?)

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
I imagine at least one mode that will tie into your Global Smash Power.

fill

20EggsEggs
not saying its possible at E3, but modes i think would be awesome could be: multiplayer multi-man melee, multiplayer boss battles, or 3 vs 1 where the 1 has the advantage such as being giant.

has Sakurai said if the WiiU version is getting its own mode like smash run for 3ds?

Nietendodude

Smash Ace
I'm predicting a replay mode that is 10 times better than the one in Brawl. Also a 5 player mode for giggles or a boss mode where the gamepad user controls bosses in the game.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I'm really expecting to at least see a good number of modes within the Wii-U version. The ones that I think could possibly return and maybe show at E3:

- Classic Mode
- Adventure-style Mode

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
-Classic Mode (Well, it would be weird if Classic Mode was gone)
-Adventure Mode
-All-Star Mode
-Stadium (Home-Run Contest please)
-Events?
-Stage Builder
-More info on Character Customization
-Target Test
-Board the Platforms!

I'm not sure about others.

I hope Stage Builder has some more stage customization. More backround customization, more objects......
I also wonder if Target Test will depend on what character you're using like in Melee and SSB64, and if Board the Platforms! returns and also depends on your character.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Considering they are hosting a tournament, they could reveal the tournament mode.

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
I just hope they bring back the old Break the Targets mode. The last one was super lame, but it does seem like they're trying to add more personalized flair to the characters this time around, so, fingers crossed.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
-The WiiU equivalent of Smash run.
-Adventure Mode
-Boss Battles Mode (and show how Assist Trophies will be implemented. I remember him saying they will play a special role back in the Direct)
-Stage Builder
-Classic Mode (Master Hand fight too)
-Break the Targets

Last edited:

SnappyJ

Smash Cadet
NNID
SnappyJ
I would love to see a king of the hill game mode for multiplayer! I remember making our own rules to play KotH on Hyrule Temple on the pedestal at the bottom of the stage or any other stage with a tiny platform. Capture the flag would also be really fun on some of the bigger stages like Palutena's Temple. Basically I want Sakurai to reveal some more variety in the multiplayer modes beyond Coin Battle...

Newt Floss

Smash Journeyman
If the Wii U gets its own Adventure Mode/Smash Run type exclusive I wonder if they'll wait until after the 3DS version is released to announce it. People will want both versions after they've already been suckered into buying the 3DS version before finding out that the Wii U's exclusive game mode is too good to pass up. Marketing!

SpiderJerusalem

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NewBabel
3DS FC
4124-5499-0990
-Break the Targets
-Training Mode
-Tournament Mode
-Adventure Mode
-Events
-Home-Run Contest
the standard

BombKirby

Smash Journeyman
I just hope they bring back the old Break the Targets mode. The last one was super lame, but it does seem like they're trying to add more personalized flair to the characters this time around, so, fingers crossed.
I'm expecting unique Break the Target stages for every character. The ones in Brawl were obviously made so...simple because their stage designers/builders were all busy creating the hundreds of SSE stages/rooms. Now that there is no SSE, they can put those resources into Target Test and create unqiue TTs for every character again, and maybe even unique Board the Platforms and Race to the Finish stages too! But thats just an unlikely wish. I do like when they expand upon the single player modes to give us stuff to do while we don't have friends ready to play/oractice with us.

Last edited:

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
Smash Mii Up!

A special mode where you can play as your Mii vs. Mii versions of all the characters in the game! Pick your specials and duke it out! Miis are available in THIS MODE ONLY.

Would be cool.

BombKirby

Smash Journeyman
Smash Mii Up!

A special mode where you can play as your Mii vs. Mii versions of all the characters in the game! Pick your specials and duke it out! Miis are available in THIS MODE ONLY.

Would be cool.
Actually, I can see the Miis being the Fighting Polygons of this game... for Multi-Man Melee

Ragel

Smash Apprentice
I would love to see a king of the hill game mode for multiplayer! I remember making our own rules to play KotH on Hyrule Temple on the pedestal at the bottom of the stage or any other stage with a tiny platform. Capture the flag would also be really fun on some of the bigger stages like Palutena's Temple. Basically I want Sakurai to reveal some more variety in the multiplayer modes beyond Coin Battle...
The capture the flag would have to have some insane twisted rules, or else fast characters (*cough* Sonic *cough*) will win every game.

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
Nintendo Quiz! Get coins for taking a quiz on game history.
That would actually be pretty fun in my opinion, but they'd have to add new questions to stop it from getting stale.

Newt Floss

Smash Journeyman
Actually, I can see the Miis being the Fighting Polygons of this game... for Multi-Man Melee
I hope not. This would be a missed opportunity for Sports Resort related moves. Amirite or amirite? Amirite?

Last edited:

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
What if there were a fun little mode where you could play as your trophies and fight? It wouldn't be nearly as fleshed out, but you'd have simple A moves and movement.

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I hope they bring back coin battle.

Seriously though, Smash should have at least 2 new completely new game modes and I have some ideas.

King of the Hill: Just imagine King of the Hill for SmashBros, the game is PERFECT for it.

Hold the Saturn: Who holds Mr. Saturn for the longest time wins. If you take any damage you will drop Mr. Saturn.

Last edited:

BombKirby

Smash Journeyman
I hope they bring back coin battle.

Seriously though, Smash should have at least 2 new completely new game modes and I have some ideas.

King of the Hill: Just imagine King of the Hill for SmashBros, the game is PERFECT for it.

Hold the Saturn: Who holds Mr. Saturn for the longest time wins. If you take any damage you will drop Mr. Saturn.
Oh yeah weren't those event matches?

SnappyJ

Smash Cadet
NNID
SnappyJ
The capture the flag would have to have some insane twisted rules, or else fast characters (*cough* Sonic *cough*) will win every game.
Yeah that's for sure! What they could do is just have everyone with the flag move at the same base speed to prevent characters like Sonic or Captain Falcon from being crazy OP. I just want them to come up with some new game modes beyond Coin Battle and Special mode.

Ragel

Smash Apprentice
Yeah that's for sure! What they could do is just have everyone with the flag move at the same base speed to prevent characters like Sonic or Captain Falcon from being crazy OP. I just want them to come up with some new game modes beyond Coin Battle and Special mode.
The only alternate game mode I cared about was Stamina mode, and it wasn't programmed the way I felt it should have been. I too want a special mode that is special enough to want to play it more, if it all. While smash is fun, an alternate mode can easily keep me smashing even when I don't want to Smash :D.

HugoBoss

Smash Journeyman
Customization, even if it means Miis or costumes or the movesets, expect the transferable cross platform customization they have teased for a year. Boss

Oh and also all the extra modes like Home Run or Break the Targets or Classic Mode.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I have a feeling we'll see "Ways to play" at E3. Confirming Wiimote/wiimote + nunchuck/Classic Controller/Pro controller/Gamepad/USB Gamecube adapter lol

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
classic and adventure mode is a best bet but too obvious ofcoarse

the resurrection of board the platform now the melee threw ssb4 character will have a shot at that if it happens again

break the targets ben here since the beginning

resurrection of race to the finish but maybe a separate track for each character but that's so doubtful its unbelieveable

and the stadium stuff like homerun contest mutiman that stuff

Top Bottom