• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 Possible Game Mode Reveals at E3

Morbi

Scavenger
The exclusive Wii U mode will probably also be alluded to, not sure what it could be though. I honestly just want an adventure mode reveal.

FreeFallUp

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LuigiTroid20
3DS FC
3222-5636-5087
Hmmm.... *Takes Deep Breath*

ThegamemodesIthinkbutamreallywishingandorspeculatingrandomlywithtoomuchhopethattheywillbeshownatE3areasfollows:
  • Classic
  • Adventure
  • All-Star
  • Boss Battles?
  • Board the Platforms? (I can dream.)
  • Break the Targets
  • The Multi Man Somethings
  • Event Match
  • Wii U exclusive(s)
  • Additional 3DS exclusive(s)
  • Playable Assists?
  • Playable Bosses?
  • Special Multiplayer Matches
  • New Single Player mode no one expects
  • Mii Mode
  • Game "Filters" (Changes the Aesthetic but gameplay remains)
  • A mode or some modes dedicated to Nintendo history
  • Coins!
  • Online Stuff
  • Customization Stuff

FreeFallUp

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LuigiTroid20
3DS FC
3222-5636-5087
Hmmm.... *Takes Deep Breath*

ThegamemodesIthinkbutamreallywishingandorspeculatingrandomlywithtoomuchhopethattheywillbeshownatE3areasfollows:
  • Classic
  • Adventure
  • All-Star
  • Boss Battles?
  • Board the Platforms? (I can dream.)
  • Break the Targets
  • The Multi Man Somethings
  • Event Match
  • Wii U exclusive(s)
  • Additional 3DS exclusive(s)
  • Playable Assists?
  • Playable Bosses?
  • Special Multiplayer Matches
  • New Single Player mode no one expects
  • Mii Mode
  • Game "Filters" (Changes the Aesthetic but gameplay remains)
  • A mode or some modes dedicated to Nintendo history
  • Coins!
  • Online Stuff
  • "Destiny" Battles
  • Customization Stuff

Xigger

Smash Lord
I'd love to see the characters in some sort of setting other than the fighting: the CG trailers kind of have this feel. Even though they're usually fighting.

That would actually be pretty fun in my opinion, but they'd have to add new questions to stop it from getting stale.
If there are hundreds of trophies and stickers and songs, then I definitely wouldn't put it past Sakurai to put in hundreds of fun facts and tidbits about the games, rather than just trophy descriptions. Smash Bros is made for endless hours of fun, but I don't know if they can carry it over to quiz-taking.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm just hoping for an SSE style Adventure Mode on Wii U, with no story (as it's been deconfirmed, though I would have liked a returning story), and levels themed after Nintendo franchises (as well as represented third parties, such as Mega Man and Sonic), with some boss fights.

The levels could also have a bigger degree of exploration in general, since Smash Run on 3DS is already a gigantic map similar to the Great Maze, but they'd still be a "get to the end" affair, just with a few hidden areas and alternate routes. Also, two-player co-op locally, and four player co-op online. Locally, one player uses the TV screen while the other uses the GamePad. In online, everyone just has their own screen.

Even just basing the levels off of existing stages in the regular game would suffice, and would be easier, as they could re-use assets. And of course, Smash Run already has plenty of enemies to work with (who likely have models in the Wii U version for trophies).

Also, this is REALLY wishful thinking, but wouldn't it be really cool if the World Map was like the one in Super Mario 3D World? Obviously, the levels themselves would be side-scrolling, but I think a World Map system similar to Super Mario 3D World would be really charming in Smash Bros. Just imagine playing online with four players, and seeing Mario, Link, Samus, and Kirby, or any group of characters, just marching around this 3D World Map in a line, and having little secret areas to find. Heck, I'm pretty sure Nintendo EAD would let them use the code and what not as a base for it.

Also, I think to help expand the overall scale of the map without having to make more than 30 - 40 odd levels (which I think would be an ideal amount. SSE had about 30, IIRC), they could make Event Mode from previous games a part of this Adventure Mode, with events having their own spaces on the map. Events would still take place on the normal stages from multiplayer, though, and would focus strictly on fighting other characters. The bigger Nintendo franchises like Mario and Zelda could also have multiple levels based on different games in their franchise (for example, Mario could have a Mario Galaxy stage, a retro themed stage, a Mario Kart stage, and a stage based on another one of his 3D games).

The party system from SSE could also return, though it's not necessary. They could also bring back the sticker system, or implement something similar to Smash Run, except the upgrades are permanent, and they are more scarce.

If the Wii U version had a mode like this, E3 would be the time to reveal it, and it would get people really excited, I feel. Unless it's just me, of course. :I

supercopper64

Smash Ace
NNID
CaptainOfWar
3DS FC
1650-2938-3501
1. Classic
2. All Star
3. Adventure
4. Race To The Finish
5. Training
6. Home run contest
7. Boss Battles
8. Break The Targets
9. Multi Man Battle
10. Brawl (or multiplayer)
11 Special Brawl (or customizable battle)
12. Lottery
13. Wifi mode
14. Tourney
15. Smash Run
16. Elimination
17. Trophy Hunter
18. Coin Digger
19. Stage Creator/ Editor
20. Smash Trial (Wii U Only)

MrGameandBalls

Smash Apprentice
Mii Attack: (Multiman Mode but with Mii's from your 3DS/Wii U system and some random ones thrown in too)
AR Stage: Take a picture of anything, and draw lines to decide what a platform is etc. Then play on it and save it,
Smash TV!: Recorded matches can now be uploaded to Youtube.
Juggernaut: One player is the juggernaut, kill him to turn into the juggernaut but the juggernaut always has 300%,
so its very to kill him! The person who is the juggernaut at the end of the match wins!

Last edited:

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
How about an arena mode?

For instance in the Subspace Emissary for Brawl, there were times where the screen would lock until you defeat a set amount of enemies.

They should take this in a stage set specifically for an arena mode. The difficulty should determine the length/rounds of the arena itself (i.e. Easy = 20, Normal = 40, Hard = 60, Very Hard = 80, Intense = 100). Every 10 rounds should feature enemies from a specific franchise, with a boss unique to that franchise and NOT previously used as a stage hazard (i.e. with a health bar). The appearance of enemies per franchise in each 10 rounds should be random (not predictable like the franchise line-up in Brawl's Classic mode).

Obviously the difficulty would also dictate the resilience of the enemies/bosses.

This mode should also be multi-player (up to 4 players). More players increases the toughness of the enemies/bosses, slightly.

Also, rewards should be varied and unique (plus trophies, coins, etc.)

What do you think?

Lastly, I'd like to see the return of an intricate scoring system for the Classic/Adventure mode. In Brawl it was all about time and damage, which was stupid, and it discourages speed play for higher scores (because they actually receive lower scores for less damage instead of speed and combos).

KatKit

Smash Lord
N64 Mode when air dodges, side-B attacks, and up and down grabs aren't usuable. Only items available are the original ones (except final smashes, those can stay since they were always suppose to be there lol). 100%+ damage recoveries/attacks are usuable. Exclusive gameplay speed/gravity and general mechanics similar to the old game but the characters are slightly more balanced (e.g. Link's recovery actually recovers). Updated versions of the old stages.

That'd be a neat Wii U exclusive mode, in my opinion.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
I want a playable Smash Kart mini-game similar to what Mortal Kombat Armageddon incorporated into their game. I would love to see Link use his hook/long/claw shot to pull a vehicle back towards him in the same vein as Scorpion's spear.

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
A fully fleshed out adventure mode. Melee's adventure mode seemed like only a starting point for something greater.

It certainly wasn't subspace.

R0Y

Smash Master
Wii U is due for an exclusive game mode after the Smash Run reveal.

Top Bottom