• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Possible confirmation of Golden Sun representation in SSE?

PwnyRide

Smash Ace
A) It doesn't matter how the games END. What matters is what is true throughout most of the game, or what is true in the most well-known portions (aka the beginning).
B) It isn't likely to be Mt. Aleph, because so far we have seen no evidence of SSE locations being more than generic video game levels ("forest," "desert," "sky," "mines" etc). No Peach's Castle or Lost Woods or Dreamland or anything like that. A hint that Pit lives in the sky is kinda close I guess.
C) Death Mountain doesn't LOOK one certain way so don't use that as an argument for or against it - theres a mountain called Death Mountain in lots of Zelda games, and they all look dramatically different.
Yeah cause making a new death mountain that makes no visual relation to ANY of the Zelda Games that are being represented is viable. It isnt death mountain on a diet :ohwell:
So we really know, all thats left to do it to wait and find out, and then praise the OP if he/she is correct, and shower him/her in candy and puppies. Sound like a plan?

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
I would be extremely happy if this were true. Mt. Aleph played a very significant part in Golden Sun, and if there was a SSE level for a GS character, I would expect it to be Mt. Aleph.

espio87

Smash Ace
nice find, zeke. It does resemble Mt. Aleph but there isn't a village there. if you see this pic which is zoomed:

you can see that the brown thing that resembles a town is just a rocky terrain. I remember that in Golden Sun: The Lost Age (spoilers), the people in the town had to evacuate when the golden sun was going to form because it would cause the destruction of the town

Magically Enhanced Hobo

Smash Journeyman
I come from the land of the ice and snow..
@OP: I love you.

Now, my only suspicion is that none of the other parts of the SSE map seem to be iconic places from other games. As someone said, no Peach's castle, etc.

Still, if this is true, it would be awesome. I don't know what's with all the Golden Sun hate, it certainly deserves a spot.

EDIT: actually, the guy above me just posted a pic, and in that pic, there are two things that look like temples of some sort. One at the base of that mountain, and one sort of in the middle and to the right of center. Those may not be anything either, but I wouldn't be surprised if one of those was Hyrule Temple or something of the sort.

Take a LoT

Smash Rookie
The area looks more like the area around the Venus Lighthouse than Vale and Mt. Aleph ..

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I do not know WHERE you got this photo from, but these are the only photos from the DOJO showing the SSE difficulty.

So either you photoshopped that screen or I missed something.

Uchiha.Sanosuke

Smash Journeyman
The screenshot that he got was from the Sticker Power-Ups update from last week. You can clearly see the gigantic mountain on the right side of the screen.

Even still, it's just a mountain. That's all I'm getting out of it. :confused:

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
since w are talking about a big part of brawl which is SSE, i really dont think they will be wasting spaces in the main map of the SSE, with random mountains. Why to do that when you have a big load of characters and games to select structures from.
Im very sure the space in the map is very precious... so the all the locations in the map must be important in some way or must mean something to the franchises,

Im not saying thats officialy the mountain but it looks very similar..... even taking in consideration the clouds on the peak forming a circular halo inthe mountain.

my 2cents

Nintandy²

Smash Apprentice
So true Hydde, and I do indeed hope it is Aleph. It's not the only mountain on the map, yet it's certainly the most distinctive. It seems to be a large world map anyway, so I'm sure everything will be crammed in in some form or another.

-- Andy

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Well I always figured the environments in SSE were meant to be generic, but then again they have Skyworld. I'll buy it for the time being, sure. And for that matter, we can argue that there's a lot of cool environments from other games. Somebody start hunting!

Arteen

Smash Lord
A lot of you are forgetting what happens in the GS2 Ending:

Mount Aleph collapses into itself. There is no Mount Aleph anymore. If the ruins are supposed of Vale, then Aleph can't be intact. So the only logical conclusion to make there is that its based off of GS1, when Mount Aleph still exists.

And this still doesn't explain the desertedness surrounding the area.
Well, I don't expect anything to be completely canon in SSE, so I won't be surprised if such inaccuracies exist, not only for Golden Sun and Mt Aleph, but for every franchise. For example, the FE stage doesn't represent anything specific in the series' canon.

SFan414

Smash Cadet
Well, I was skeptical about this at first, believing that all worlds were to be all original Smash material. However, looking at the thread mentioning the PT in Pyrite Town, I think you people might be on to something.

Nice one, TC.

RyuDragonKing

Smash Journeyman
Well, I don't expect anything to be completely canon in SSE, so I won't be surprised if such inaccuracies exist, not only for Golden Sun and Mt Aleph, but for every franchise. For example, the FE stage doesn't represent anything specific in the series' canon.
You mean the bridge or the Castle?
If you mean the bridge, it probably from Tellius. The Castle is reminiscent of Daein, but I guess that's just me.

I see what you're saying though, not all of the worlds will be totally canon.

And besides, the only other place it could be would be Death Mountain, and it looks like Link will be in a forest or a valley, judging from the new vids.

shadowyoshi2345

Smash Journeyman
it could be showing golden sun representation, but i really dont care for isaac that much but if he's a playable character that probably means were going to get a large roster

the mountain could also just be an area that they created themselves for the sse

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Good eye.

I hope this means some GS love. Of course, it could be an ambiguous mountain as well (especially becuase of location). Hoping for the best though.

ZekeThePlumber

Smash Rookie
The inclusion of GS in Brawl would also close the book on the icon theory as well. It'd be Number 21 and then the other missing would be the assumed Game & Watch.

Suoinegni

Smash Apprentice
A) It doesn't matter how the games END. What matters is what is true throughout most of the game, or what is true in the most well-known portions (aka the beginning).
B) It isn't likely to be Mt. Aleph, because so far we have seen no evidence of SSE locations being more than generic video game levels ("forest," "desert," "sky," "mines" etc). No Peach's Castle or Lost Woods or Dreamland or anything like that. A hint that Pit lives in the sky is kinda close I guess.
C) Death Mountain doesn't LOOK one certain way so don't use that as an argument for or against it - theres a mountain called Death Mountain in lots of Zelda games, and they all look dramatically different.
I'm pretty sure I recall that one screenshot of the SSE map was pointing to "Skyworld". Isn't that part of Pit's world/universe?

cccck

Smash Journeyman
I like the idea... It seems good to me... I need to go play golden sun.

ZekeThePlumber

Smash Rookie
I'm pretty sure I recall that one screenshot of the SSE map was pointing to "Skyworld". Isn't that part of Pit's world/universe?
Right, and if we're lead to believe that the screen shot of PT from the latest SSE video takes place in a town from Pokemon Colosseum, than we can probably expect different areas represent characters from certain series.

I think one of the main ideas behind SSE is unlikely crossovers with characters, much like Mario encountering and teaming up with Pit. We'll probably see something similar happen with Sonic and Mario if the Sonic intro video has anything to do with SSE.

sv3

Smash Apprentice
I definitely think that mountain is too distinct and its placement too definite to be just some random mountain, so I thought it was also very likely to be Mt Aleph. However, I was just playing Wind Waker a little while ago, and Dragon Roost Island looks VERY similar to that mountain as well, particularly the tall spire/mountain in the center with a ring of clouds that is positioned very close to what's shown in that SSE picture, so now I'm not too sure about the GS confirmation. Of course, I'm on the actual island now so it's hard to tell, so I'll try to sail away soon and see if I can take a good picture (I couldn't find anything with Google Image search).

Possible WW/'Toon' Link confirmation?!

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
A leaker a ways back said there was a magical female character from Golden Sun, which means either Mia, Jenna, or a villainess. Personally I think that'd be a bit cooler.

sv3

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I always thought that having someone like Mia or Alex in the game would be way better than Isaac or Felix. Plus we don't really need another swordsman, though I bet they could do some interesting stuff with the Djinn system if they actually put a GS character in the game to make it more unique.

Unfortunately I'm stuck on the island so I can't sail out.

Top Bottom