• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Possible confirmation of Golden Sun representation in SSE?

S2

Smash Lord
Yeah, while TC might be right...

it could just as easily be death mountain from Zelda. Oh well, maybe we will get a GS representative. I'm not going to get my hopes up just in case.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I want Isaac to be in the game as much as anyone, and I think you might be on to something

BUT

let me remind you all of the "captain falcon leak" in the 12/21 sse video. Many people agreed, and said it had to be captain falcon, but in reality it was just mario's head.

Just be wary of this ending up like that "leak"

ZekeThePlumber

Smash Rookie
I want Isaac to be in the game as much as anyone, and I think you might be on to something

BUT

let me remind you all of the "captain falcon leak" in the 12/21 sse video. Many people agreed, and said it had to be captain falcon, but in reality it was just mario's head.

Just be wary of this ending up like that "leak"
I think you're comparing two totally different things here. One was a fleeting image from blurring effects in a low quality video clip and the other is a comparison between Spire structures that appears in a potential Brawl series.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I think you're comparing two totally different things here. One was a fleeting image from blurring effects in a low quality video clip and the other is a comparison between Spire structures that appears in a potential Brawl series.
True, but I was pointing out that Im seeing too many people jumping to "omg confirmed!" as a conclusion, much like they did with the sse movie confirming falcon instance.

Then again, it might BE a generic mountain, or a totally different structure thrown in to make you THINK its GS.

We dont know. I want Isaac in, but whatever happens, well find out on Wednesday. (Japan is many hours ahead of the US.)

KaiserX

Smash Journeyman
Your name is awesome.

Also, this does seem kind of likely. But just as a reminder in case of the elusive "disappointment" I always try to prevent: there's a possibility that a stage doesn't necessarily confirm a character. Remember Animal Crossing?

Bad example.

Ok...there's the other possibility that there may be cameos in SSE that may not entail a playable either.

But hey, we'll see.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I think Sakurai knows seeing certain characters in SSE and them not being playable will only disappoint fans. So if Isaac or anyone from GS appears in SSE, I'd suspect them playable.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Your name is awesome.

Also, this does seem kind of likely. But just as a reminder in case of the elusive "disappointment" I always try to prevent: there's a possibility that a stage doesn't necessarily confirm a character. Remember Animal Crossing?

Bad example.

Ok...there's the other possibility that there may be cameos in SSE that may not entail a playable either.

But hey, we'll see.
This is true, but I dont know if Animal Crossing can be compared with GS on the grounds of characters for fighting games. AC was as layed back a game as you can get, with absolutely no fighting elements.

GS was not.

However, as unlikely as an AC character seems, we cant yet rule out THAT either, as much as people want to. So a stage MAY confirm a character, only a few more days til we find out.

KaiserX

Smash Journeyman
I think Sakurai knows seeing certain characters in SSE and them not being playable will only disappoint fans. So if Isaac or anyone from GS appears in SSE, I'd suspect them playable.
Melee disappointed fans.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Melee was a rush job. Brawl was not. Quit trying to make a fake roster come true. Geez.

zagman505

Smash Cadet
how could it be death mountain when death mountain is so much broader, and doesn't have any mountain above the cloud ring? death mountain is a volcano here. and it's way too think to just be a generic mountain i think.

i think that this really might be mt. aleph. after all, the shape does fit perfectly, and (golden sun spoilers beware!) didn't vale get destroyed when the golden sun formed?

KaiserX

Smash Journeyman
Melee was a rush job. Brawl was not. Quit trying to make a fake roster come true. Geez.
Yeah, I want a crappy roster to be true. I don't think it is, I just want it to be!

Did you ever consider that belief isn't always the same thing as what someone necessarily wants?

At any rate. This does give a lot of hope for a Golden Sun rep.

Let's hope, shall we? : )

ZekeThePlumber

Smash Rookie
how could it be death mountain when death mountain is so much broader, and doesn't have any mountain above the cloud ring? death mountain is a volcano here. and it's way too think to just be a generic mountain i think.

i think that this really might be mt. aleph. after all, the shape does fit perfectly, and (golden sun spoilers beware!) didn't vale get destroyed when the golden sun formed?
Its been quite a few years since I played the GS games but if I recall, some sort of boulder falls from the mountain and through the village killing Felix's sister or someone(s) in his family. The giant trail in front of the mountain could be from said boulder, if the forms on the sides aren't actually the village but ruins of the village.

Matt Silver

Smash Journeyman
In a world where there is no Sakurai. Only Link...
Its been quite a few years since I played the GS games but if I recall, some sort of boulder falls from the mountain and through the village killing Felix's sister or someone(s) in his family. The giant trail in front of the mountain could be from said boulder, if the forms on the sides aren't actually the village but ruins of the village.

That's GS 1. In GS 2, the
village is destroyed completely, and the boulder does minimal damage, not even killing anybody.

ZekeThePlumber

Smash Rookie
That's GS 1. In GS 2, the
village is destroyed completely, and the boulder does minimal damage, not even killing anybody.
Right right, I remember now
when all the light houses are activated the land starts to shift and takes that moon formation in GS2. Either way, the rubble could be ruins of Vale.

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
I really hope so.
Are there any other locations in the map from other games? It would seem odd to have GS with the only real landmark (though Sakurai has done odder).

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Death mountain is a lot fatter, and while it could be an average mountain, you could be onto something. Nice find.

Just a few days left and someone here will have their hands on the game. >.<

AlbelNox

Smash Journeyman
The more I look the more I see it.
But!

Aleph is right next to a village, in SSE the mountain is totally isolated.
More like Death Mountain
And it somewhat reminds me of the mountain Dynablade lives on.
That may has something to do with Vale being totally wiped out after GS2 O_o...

Nintandy²

Smash Apprentice
I do indeed think you're onto something! And if this is true, I'll be one very happy bunny ^_^. Even if there is not a playable Golden Sun character [which would be unlikely I suppose if there were to be such a representation] this would be a fantastic reference. Not long to go now, I sure hope this is true.

Good spotting!

-- Andy

Brawler Lime

Smash Cadet
Im pretty sure its not Mt. Aleph(ant), because of something in a video with link and youshi, and there is a big mountain, and there are mines inside it, and link goes through the mine and then there is a level where you verse some sse guy, and pit climbs the mountain.
Maybe this is the mountain.

PwnyRide

Smash Ace
Yeah, while TC might be right...

it could just as easily be death mountain from Zelda. Oh well, maybe we will get a GS representative. I'm not going to get my hopes up just in case.
Do you have no idea what Death Mountain looks like? :ohwell:

So anyway, back on topic - Great find! That's a spitting image of Mt Aleph. You know what gets me even more excited. The fact that Vale doesnt appear to be at the foot of the mountain, possibly meaning that the Golden Sun part of SSE takes place at the end/after Golden Sun: The Lost Age. Therefore, much like Roy was advertising the next fire emblem in Melee, this might be a way of advertising the next Golden Sun :bee:

Of course its also totally not possible, but at this point anything is!

Blackshadow

Smash Ace
Adelaide, Australia. Along with my Mad Duck.
A lot of you are forgetting what happens in the GS2 Ending:

Mount Aleph collapses into itself. There is no Mount Aleph anymore. If the ruins are supposed of Vale, then Aleph can't be intact. So the only logical conclusion to make there is that its based off of GS1, when Mount Aleph still exists.

And this still doesn't explain the desertedness surrounding the area.

PwnyRide

Smash Ace
A lot of you are forgetting what happens in the GS2 Ending:

Mount Aleph collapses into itself. There is no Mount Aleph anymore. If the ruins are supposed of Vale, then Aleph can't be intact. So the only logical conclusion to make there is that its based off of GS1, when Mount Aleph still exists.

And this still doesn't explain the desertedness surrounding the area.
Oh snap, you're right :p it was a nice thought while it lasted though.

For some reason i had the idea that
the mountain didnt collapse into the earth completely :p

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Mount Aleph still exists though, it just sunk into the ground, and leaves room for a very possible sequel to explore this further.

But you're right, it could be based on GS1, or perhaps Smash world being an alternate world, anything is possible. Also the map may just not show Vale. Perhaps because Vale just isn't important to SSE's story.

Boofer

Smash Ace
I don't like the name of this thread. I expected a better reason to believe Golden Sun was represented.

vinternet

Smash Cadet
A) It doesn't matter how the games END. What matters is what is true throughout most of the game, or what is true in the most well-known portions (aka the beginning).
B) It isn't likely to be Mt. Aleph, because so far we have seen no evidence of SSE locations being more than generic video game levels ("forest," "desert," "sky," "mines" etc). No Peach's Castle or Lost Woods or Dreamland or anything like that. A hint that Pit lives in the sky is kinda close I guess.
C) Death Mountain doesn't LOOK one certain way so don't use that as an argument for or against it - theres a mountain called Death Mountain in lots of Zelda games, and they all look dramatically different.

Drik Khaail

Smash Ace
Please be spiral mountain :D but even so you have good eyes son, it'll be interesting to find out.

Top Bottom