• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Possible Character Roster as believed by the "Prophets".

Danon

Smash Apprentice
Please keep in mind that I don't believe these guys....I'm just putting it because I believe it warrants notice.

And as I said, K. Rool is just as much a clone as Wolf. Meaning it's mindless speculation.

I hope that both are NOT clones. But I also think that clones will be back.

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
You missed the last part.

And I think WW Link is a waste of a slot. I don't CARE that he has a popular sub universe, can do over 9000 things the realistic link can't do and has popularity, HE IS STILL LINK and therefore not needing a slot. Same goes for paper Mario.

Chepe

Smash Lord
Dragoon Item in detail? Its the exact same thing as it was in its original game.

EDIT: Woot 500 posts.
Dont post about the Dragoon if you havent played Kirby Air Ride. It did come in 3 parts, but it never used crosshair targetting and did a devastating attack like it does in Brawl. No one should have been able to guess all that.

The roster "may" be "revealed" by the "Prophets"?

Don't make me laugh, unless you are working on the game, you don't know whats in.
Already false because mere translators of the updates get info beforehand. It is very likely that these leaks happen because someone working with translators and working in offices where Brawl info from Japan is received tell some close friend/family member who they think wont spill...

Melee's complete roster leaked about a month before the Japanese release and was true, so people outside the development team definitely know what's in.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Already false because mere translators of the updates get info beforehand. It is very likely that these leaks happen because someone working with translators and working in offices where Brawl info from Japan is received tell some close friend/family member who they think wont spill...
And this info comes from where? People who are in the company and/or working on the game. Unless it's revealed on the website or on a demo, we have no reason to believe someone when they say they know what's in. You know very well what I meant.

Melee's complete roster leaked about a month before the Japanese release and was true, so people outside the development team definitely know what's in.
They're the ones who released it.

Chepe

Smash Lord
And this info comes from where? People who are in the company and/or working on the game. You know very well what I meant.
Okay, so the people here got inside information from people working in the company and/or working on the game. Same thing. These people are just relaying the information they received.

They're the ones who released it.
Huh? The development team DID NOT release the roster LOL! There were other "prophets" with inside information, and one spilled it on message boards. Chronobound's account of Melee's speculation days can be found on this page:

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=133207&page=36

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Huh? The development team DID NOT release the roster LOL! There were other "prophets" with inside information, and one spilled it on message boards. Chronobound's account of Melee's speculation days can be found on this page:

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=133207&page=36
Development team did release the roster before the game was released, but that was like, days before the game, they just didn't say that was the final roster (revealed all the characters). We were thinking of different occurrences.

Glad to see we see on the same level, but I'm not going to believe anything about the Final Roster until the 24th of January, just for the sake of reliability.

Digital Angel

Smash Journeyman
Falco is getting cut, the three Star Fox characters will be Fox, Krystal, and Wolf.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is wrong, quote me on this if you need to.

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
I believe the rumors stated that said character would be in the game, they did not specifically say as to what. Saying Falco will return could mean anything, most people just jump to conclusions that it means Playable Character because that is what he was in Melee. Maybe the Prophets meant that said character would return as one, but they certainly didn't state it properly, at least not for me...

If this happens to be true, then I just PRAY Isaac takes that last slot... :(

EPX2

Smash Ace
Falco is getting cut, the three Star Fox characters will be Fox, Krystal, and Wolf.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is wrong, quote me on this if you need to.
Gladly. You're so wrong, it's not even funny. Oh well, just 23 more days for you to see. :p

And as I said, K. Rool is just as much a clone as Wolf. Meaning it's mindless speculation.
Way to completely dodge the question... we want to know why you consider him to be a clone, not if you do.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
...This is the roster's results by the prophets?

Brawl is not going to be as good as I expected.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
...This is the roster's results by the prophets?

Brawl is not going to be as good as I expected.
I am not sure about the actual quality of Brawl will be affected by the roster, however, I do agree that if these "prophets" are to be believed the roster will also be a let down for me. At least Melee's roster had surprises.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I am not sure about the actual quality of Brawl will be affected by the roster, however, I do agree that if these "prophets" are to be believed the roster will also be a let down for me. At least Melee's roster had surprises.
Exactly. That's also why Brawl's roster can't be that small.

retro gamer 6

Smash Journeyman
ok firts things first: who said it was only 35 characters? thats only 9 more! we need more characters. i've heard rumors that brawl would have up to 60 characters! and thats amazing. i hope its true. and where's isaac in this? and falco and other clones need to get out. thet're a waste of a character slot. we don't need them, regardless of him being #2 on the melee tier list.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
ok firts things first: who said it was only 35 characters? thats only 9 more! we need more characters. i've heard rumors that brawl would have up to 60 characters! and thats amazing. i hope its true. and where's isaac in this? and falco and other clones need to get out. thet're a waste of a character slot. we don't need them, regardless of him being #2 on the melee tier list.
Well, the Melee clones, are supposedly getting decloned to some degree. Besides, are you saying Ganondorf should be cut?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
NyaseNya was the one who said 35 characters are in Brawl.

He/She predicted:

- The day Sonic was unveiled.
- Said that Captain Olimar, Wind Waker Link, Ness, and Mr. Game & Watch are all playable characters.
- That there are only 35 characters in the game.
- That Mega Man is not in the game.
- That Ridley is likely a boss and nothing else.
- That the North American version of Brawl would be delayed again.

domriver

Smash Lord
NyaseNya was the one who said 35 characters are in Brawl.

He/She predicted:

- The day Sonic was unveiled.
- Said that Captain Olimar, Wind Waker Link, Ness, and Mr. Game & Watch are all playable characters.
- That there are only 35 characters in the game.
- That Mega Man is not in the game.
- That Ridley is likely a boss and nothing else.
- That the North American version of Brawl would be delayed again.

Delayed again? For what reason? No Mega Man? Fail ONLY 35 characters? FAIL EVER WORSE. Ridley as a boss? Super Fail. This prophet has no standing. Wow she just guess Sonic's inclusion doesn't make him/her a prohet that is 90% accurate.

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
If it is delayed again, and only has 35 characters...Ooooh...!

Oh well, only less than a month left to prove this prophet is right, or wrong.

Luigi player

Smash Master
What? K. Rool? A clone? Wow. Just because characters look a little bit like others doesn't mean they would be clones.

K. Rool would be no clone. He's got very good moveset potential. If you don't agree with this, then you probably never played a DK game where he's in, and if I'm right, you shouldn't be saying something about a character that you barely "know".

Tony_

Smash Ace
I hope you all realize that putting any faith in these iditotic prophets only makes you look somewhat dumb. Ness is gone. This is all false.

Kooichi

Smash Journeyman
Didn't NyaseNya admit that he/she was a fake? I think I read that in the Prophet topic >.>

Also who can K.Rool possibly be a clone of? XD

ruffrydr017

Smash Apprentice
Only 35 characters? How many fighting/action games to you find with 35 different playable characters? Personally, I think that's a reasonable number, and it includes some major, important characters. If we want to shoot for the stars, 40-45 would make a lot of people happy, but 35 is acceptable. And for what it's worth, I'm fine with that roster.

Boofer

Smash Ace
Only 35 characters? How many fighting/action games to you find with 35 different playable characters? Personally, I think that's a reasonable number, and it includes some major, important characters. If we want to shoot for the stars, 40-45 would make a lot of people happy, but 35 is acceptable. And for what it's worth, I'm fine with that roster.
But not all fighting games are like smash. Smash Bros. is the type of game that's designed to have many characters. But yeah, for the most part it's an acceptable number. My problem is the secret characters. Such a lack of surprise characters. How can you be satisfied with that list? Does it make sense that so many of the "SECRET" characters are vets? That makes no sense to me.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
This cant be true because

1. Mewtwo is not going to be replaced by Lucario, and he wouldnt replace him anyway, theyre not similar enough.

2. Theres no K. Rool, so this fails.

Boofer

Smash Ace
Forgive me for being so annoyed by the amount of "secret" newcomers, but I'm just trying to get people to understand why it would suck. Lets say that all but Sonic and Snake are starters. So that's 20 starters (not including ZSS).

Unlockables:
Veterans:
21.Game and Watch
22.Ganondorf
23.Ness
24.Falco
25.Captain Falcon
26.Luigi
27.Jigglypuff

total = 7

Newcomers:
28.Sonic
29.Snake
30.Olimar
31.Wind Waker Link (ehh...kinda, since he's pretty much a young link replacement)
32.Lucario
33.Krystal/Wolf
34.???
35.???

total = 8

Secret character total = 15

Now I admit that 15 secret character is a great number, but not if half of those so-called secrets are known to the smash community. I mean come on, out of melee's 11 secret characters, only Luigi and Jigglypuff were vets. I mean, I know that he didn't intentionally come up with these numbers of unlockables, but come on...Would he really give us such a disappointing line-up of secret characters? I think at least one of these prophets are definitely lying.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
also, when did any prophet say that the roster will be 35 characters? the only prophet who ever stated that there will be 35 characters admitted to be a fake.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Forgive me for being so annoyed by the amount of "secret" newcomers, but I'm just trying to get people to understand why it would suck. Lets say that all but Sonic and Snake are starters. So that's 20 starters (not including ZSS).

Unlockables:
Veterans:
21.Game and Watch
22.Ganondorf
23.Ness
24.Falco
25.Captain Falcon
26.Luigi
27.Jigglypuff

total = 7

Newcomers:
28.Sonic
29.Snake
30.Olimar
31.Wind Waker Link (ehh...kinda, since he's pretty much a young link replacement)
32.Lucario
33.Krystal/Wolf
34.???
35.???

total = 8

Secret character total = 15

Now I admit that 15 secret character is a great number, but not if half of those so-called secrets are known to the smash community. I mean come on, out of melee's 11 secret characters, only Luigi and Jigglypuff were vets. I mean, I know that he didn't intentionally come up with these numbers of unlockables, but come on...Would he really give us such a disappointing line-up of secret characters? I think at least one of these prophets are definitely lying.

Plus, Brawl has had almost 3 times the development time as Melee, so sakurai would not disapoint his fans by making alf of the secret 15 vets. sakurai is a guy who knows what the fans want, so dont belive the words of a prophet who got lucky once but has no basis to what they say.

Top Bottom