• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Possible Character Roster as believed by the "Prophets".

Danon

Smash Apprentice
I've been reading into some of the old and new "prophets". Check the thread on the General Brawl Discussions....These are the guys that picked the exact day Sonic would be updated, anddescribed the Dragoon item in detail.

They vary on different sections, but they never blatantly disagree with one another. Also, some agree that the total roster is 35 selectable characters.

If 35 is the magic number...then we got...

1. Mario
2. Link
3. Kirby
4. Pikachu
5. Fox
6. Samus (Zamus)
7. Zelda (Shiek)
8. Bowser
9. D.K.
10. Yoshi
11. Peach
12. Ice Climbers
13. Pit
14. Wario
15 Ike
16. Pokemon Trainer (Squirlte/Ivysaur/Charizard)
17. Diddy Kong
18. Meta Knight
19. Snake
20. Lucas
21. Sonic
22. King Dedede.

Right Now...we got 22. This is the number of SELECTABLE characters. (i.e. characters that have icons/pictures that you select...Zamus, Shiek, the Pokemon are tranformations, and are selected through the same icon.)

Now if the transformers count in the total....then we lose 4 slots, but if they don't we got 13 left.

Now if all the rumors/prophets are to be believed then the "Prophet Confirmed List" is.

23. Game & Watch
24. Olimar
25. Ganondorf
26. Ness
27. Falco
28. Captain Falcon.
29. Wind Waker Link
30. Lucario (Replacing Mewtwo)

So now we got Five left. Here are my picks/guesses.

31. Ridley
32. Krystal/Wolf (heavily hinted by one prophet)
33. Luigi
34. Jigglypuff
35. ???

Wow....I just realized that I'm ok with a 35 character roster.

Disclaimer: I am NOT a follower of the "prophets." I just thought that this should be brought up here. If you wanted to stick with the dramtic titles, I guess I could be a "Scribe."

MeloDeath

Smash Apprentice
Hmm, seems plausible. I dont think ness will return, becasue the is near-identical to Lucas, and sakurai didnt want to make clones anymore. If ness is back in, Marth should be back in too; both protoganists of their series and previously playable in melee.

As for putting Luigi in the last bucket of possibilities, thats rediculous. He will be in there for sure.

I dont know is Lucario is a bad guy, but i dont think sakurai wants to take out any bad guys, just to have a sort of moral balance in the game. Sounds stupid i know, but i know he thinks about that sort of stuff.

Other than that, its a plausible list.

Boofer

Smash Ace
Ehh...Seems possible. The only thing I'd like to mention is that I don't believe we'll have 4 starfox characters. Either Krystal's not a PC or the prediction about Wolf is false. It seems weird that he'd give us 4 SF characters, considering how small the series is when compared to the big three (Mario, Pokemon and Zelda). Even moreso when considering that there are only 35 characters, and certain franchises aren't even in. With only one ???, they'd be disregarding many smaller, but worthy franchises and retro characters.

Danon

Smash Apprentice
As for putting Luigi in the last bucket of possibilities, thats rediculous. He will be in there for sure.

I only put him in that section because a prophet didn't specifically talk about him...but maybe he SHOULD be in the above section because of that E for All Interview slip.....and just because he's Luigi.

Ehh...Seems possible. The only thing I'd like to mention is that I don't believe we'll have 4 starfox characters. Either Krystal's not a PC or the prediction about Wolf is false. It seems weird that he'd give us 4 SF characters, considering how small the series is when compared to the big three (Mario, Pokemon and Zelda). Even moreso when considering that there are only 35 characters, and certain franchises aren't even in. With only one ???, they'd be disregarding many smaller, but worthy franchises and retro characters.
I kinda agree about The Star Fox reps....but we all know Sak doesn't really care about that to a certain extent. Also I'm kinda thinking that 4 is the magic number for some series.
Zelda gets four. Pokemon get four. Mario gets more. I dunno. I'm just really can't see either Wolf or Krystal being more likely to get in over the other. One's a villian and the others a female...both of which are what Sak's going for.....

That and I really like Wolf...He's like a werewolf Boba Fett.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I think you may have it a bit wrong:

Here are the characters confirmed by NyaseNya:
- Ness
- Toon Link
- Captain Olimar
- Mr. Game & Watch

Here are additional characters confirmed by ChaosZero:
- Captain Falcon
- Sheik (still a transformation of Zelda)
- Falco
- Ganondorf
- Lucario (who is replacing Mewtwo)

Here is the currently confirmed list of characters:

1. Mario
2. Bowser
3. Peach
4. Donkey Kong
5. Diddy Kong
6. Link
7. Zelda/Sheik (Sheik is not confirmed yet, but I am putting her here, because I cannot place her in separately).
8. Samus/Zero Suit Samus
9. Lucas
10. Yoshi
11. Kirby
12. Meta Knight
13. King Dedede
14. Fox
15. Pikachu
16. Pokemon Trainer
17. Ike
18. Wario
19. Ice Climbers
20. Pit.
21. Snake
22. Sonic
----
Characters confirmed by the supposed "insiders":
23. Toon Link
24. Ness
25. Falco
26. Lucario
27. Captain Falcon
28. Captain Olimar
29. Ganondorf
30. Mr. Game & Watch

Now if NyaseNya is to be believed, there are five more slots for playable characters in Brawl:

31. One of them would be a third Star Fox character. This third Star Fox character would either be Wolf or Krystal. ChaosZero says "Wolf is in", however, that could simply mean he is in the game. Also, there are rumors that suggest that Krystal will be in as a playable character. I highly doubt Star Fox will get four characters in a roster of 35 (three is even over doing it), so it will either be Wolf or Krystal for this slot.

32. A second Fire Emblem would likely take up another slot, as that I highly doubt a series with only three installments (Mother) would get more representation than a series with ten (Fire Emblem). The only three contenders for this spot are Marth, Eliwood, and Micaiah.

33. Luigi is very likely to return due to how popular and important he is to the Mario series, I would be sincerely surprised if he did get cut.

34. Jigglypuff I can see taking another spot due David Hayter (the voice actor for Snake) accidentally confirming her (he said the one character he wanted to beat up the most was Jigglypuff). It is also rumored that Serebii said that the two remaining Pokemon characters were a veteran and a newcomer. According to ChaosZero, the newcomer is Lucarion, and since Mewtwo is cut according to him, and since Pichu is at the top of the axe-list, Jigglypuff is the de facto Pokemon veteran.

35. I have no idea for this last spot. It can be Ray, Isaac, a WTF final character that few people have thought of, or another Metroid or Mario character.

However, this list is only assuming that none of these three people (NyaseNya, Serebii, and ChaosZero) are lying, and that all of their sources are legit. Fortunately, we will find out in about three weeks when the roster actually does leak.

Danon

Smash Apprentice
Didn't Chaos Zero also confirm Wolf?

And which "prophet" talks about G&W?

EDIT: Wait he said Wolf was in the game (not exactly as a playable but maybe)....hmmm interesting....
But still who "rumor-mill-confirmed" G&W?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Didn't Chaos Zero also confirm Wolf?

And which "prophet" talks about G&W?
ChaosZero said "Wolf is in", but I am not 100% sure whether he was referring to him being in the game or as being a playable character.

Also, the person that mentioned Mr. Game & Watch as being confirmed was NyaseNya.

Danon

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I remember now. "Wolf is in"
He did seem to make a point on mentioning Wolf though....but that maybe just my wishful thinking coming in.

I agree with your picks, with the exception of Ridley not being mentioned by name.

Danon

Smash Apprentice
Whoa....I completely forgot my second favorite character: Ganondorf (Bowser's the first.)

Ok

Fixed it.

Are they any other links to the NyaseNya Prophecy? The last one you gave me came up blank.

WeXzuZ

Smash Apprentice
ChronoBound said:
35. I have no idea for this last spot. It can be Ray, Isaac, a WTF final character that few people have thought of, or another Metroid or Mario character.
Ridley?
Danon said:
1. Mario
2. Link
3. Kirby
4. Pikachu
5. Fox
6. Samus (Zamus)
7. Zelda (Shiek)
8. Bowser
9. D.K.
10. Yoshi
11. Peach
12. Ice Climbers
13. Pit
14. Wario
15 Ike
17. Diddy Kong
18. Meta Knight
19. Snake
20. Lucas
21. Sonic
22. King Dedede.

(...)

23. Game & Watch
24. Olimar
25. Jigglypuff
26. Ness
27. Falco
28. Captain Falcon.
29. Wind Waker Link

31. Ridley
32. Krystal
33. Luigi
34. Wolf (heavily hinted by one prophet)
35. ???
Ness needs a completely new moveset if he gets in, and why would Sakurai give Ness a new moveset instead of the newcomer Lucas?

Falco needs a new moveset else I see him traded for Krystal

This gives 2 slots where one of them is probably Ganondorf v2
The other one could be a 3rd 3rd party character, or as already mentioned, the WTF character of Brawl.

Boofer

Smash Ace
Ganondorf is one of the "forseen" characters. You forgot to add him.

Danon

Smash Apprentice
Ridley?

Ness needs a completely new moveset if he gets in, and why would Sakurai give Ness a new moveset instead of the newcomer Lucas?

Falco needs a new moveset else I see him traded for Krystal

This gives 2 slots where one of them is probably Ganondorf v2
The other one could be a 3rd 3rd party character, or as already mentioned, the WTF character of Brawl.
Unless Ness is an alternate costume. *DUH DUH DUUUUUUM*

And Ganondorf is up there now. Complete FUBAR on my part to not include him in the first place.

Luigi player

Smash Master
I don't think Star Fox get's three representatives and DK won't.

The DK franchise is MUCH bigger than Starfox.

Danon

Smash Apprentice
I don't think Star Fox get's three representatives and DK won't.

The DK franchise is MUCH bigger than Starfox.
Sure DK is a bigger franchise, but who else from their series would make a decent character?...aside from the clone-tastic King K. Rool, or a buch of side-kicks that only appeared in 1 game. (2 for Dixie...in two games that weren't made by Nintendo)

Luigi player

Smash Master
Sure DK is a bigger franchise, but who else from their series would make a decent character?...aside from the clone-tastic King K. Rool, or a buch of side-kicks that only appeared in 1 game. (2 for Dixie...in two games that weren't made by Nintendo)
Aside from K. Rool and Dixie probably no one. Dixie appeared in way more games.

vesperview

Smash Hero
I would be very very disappointed if this was true, but then again these prophets are always phonies.

Clone-tastic?

pirkid

Smash Lord
It depends on who you think you can trust. Sure they might have gotten some things right, but now, whenever Ness is mentioned, I shake my head. I do not know why these "Porphets" would think that a old character like Ness would make it in (with a new moveset to boot) and Lucas would get a slightly upgrade version of Ness's old moveset.
Perhaps as a alternate costume, or maybe even an assist trophy (PK Bomb, anyone?), but I sincerely doubt he is back as a NEW character.

PORPHETS.

Tinkerer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2251-4736-2935
Except that these prophets contradict each other, so it definitely won't be like this.

limitbreak

Smash Ace
man a lot of people are going to be dissapointed when they find out that all of that prophet crap was total bull

Tinkerer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2251-4736-2935
How do they contradict eachother?
One says Ness will be in, others don't. Same goes for Mewtwo, Captain Olimar, and the likes. Picking out a few "prophets" that don't contradict each other doesn't make it true.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Profits are just attention-seekers, why are we giving them attention?

EPX2

Smash Ace

Are you effing serious? You think King K. Rool has more of a chance of being a clone than Wolf? That is one of the most ridiculous suggestions I've ever seen on this board. KKR already has several attacks, weapons, and abilities to design a full moveset from, making Sakurai's job much easier; Wolf's moveset would have to be almost entirely made up.

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
I really doubt any game creator (named Sakurai) would axe Mewtwo and Marth <_>

Boofer

Smash Ace
I really doubt any game creator (named Sakurai) would axe Mewtwo and Marth <_>
I doubt he'll axe marth, but I'm not so sure about Mewtwo. Before Melee came out, I would have doubted Dr. Mario and Pichu would have been characters. So basically your own doubt doesn't mean a thing.

Boofer

Smash Ace
boring and short roster, I hope these prophets are wrong.
Yup, me too.

Tinkerer said:
One says Ness will be in, others don't. Same goes for Mewtwo, Captain Olimar, and the likes. Picking out a few "prophets" that don't contradict each other doesn't make it true.
Well, it's not a contradiction unless one says something will happen and the other says that exact thing will not happen. If one says something will happen and the other has no mention it's not a contradiction (unless of course each prophet revealed the full roster).

Basoonist said:
Profits are just attention-seekers, why are we giving them attention?
Three reasons: 1. At least one of their predictions have come true 2. Brawl is coming out fairly soon, and a lack of info is making people focus on rumors 3. No Dojo this week

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I've been reading into some of the old and new "prophets". Check the thread on the General Brawl Discussions....These are the guys that picked the exact day Sonic would be updated, anddescribed the Dragoon item in detail.

They vary on different sections, but they never blatantly disagree with one another. Also, some agree that the total roster is 35 selectable characters.

If 35 is the magic number...then we got...

1. Mario
2. Link
3. Kirby
4. Pikachu
5. Fox
6. Samus (Zamus)
7. Zelda (Shiek)
8. Bowser
9. D.K.
10. Yoshi
11. Peach
12. Ice Climbers
13. Pit
14. Wario
15 Ike
17. Diddy Kong
18. Meta Knight
19. Snake
20. Lucas
21. Sonic
22. King Dedede.

Right Now...we got 22. This is the number of SELECTABLE characters. (i.e. characters that have icons/pictures that you select...Zamus, Shiek, the Pokemon are tranformations, and are selected through the same icon.)

Now if the transformers count in the total....then we lose 4 slots, but if they don't we got 13 left.

Now if all the rumors/prophets are to be believed then the "Prophet Confirmed List" is.

23. Game & Watch
24. Olimar
25. Ganondorf
26. Ness
27. Falco
28. Captain Falcon.
29. Wind Waker Link

31. Ridley
32. Krystal/Wolf (heavily hinted by one prophet)
33. Luigi
34. Jigglypuff
35. ???

Wow....I just realized that I'm ok with a 35 character roster.

Disclaimer: I am NOT a follower of the "prophets." I just thought that this should be brought up here. If you wanted to stick with the dramtic titles, I guess I could be a "Scribe."
We can expect more than 35, but sakurai doesnt like Ness, why is he on the list? hes gone people, gone.

I doubt Lucario will replace Mewtwo, maybe theyll both make it.

K. Rool should replace Ness or Falco on the list. Hes more likely than those two.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493

Whoa whoa whoa. explain how K. Rool would be "clone-tastic" Did you ever play DKC?

You had better not be saying hes a Bowser clone.

Go read the K. Rool support thread first page, and Ill let you off the hook.

bballstar23

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2383-6686-1312
Whatever happened to "more characters than you can imagine?"

(Or was that a mistranslation?)

Top Bottom