• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Possible Brawl Delay

Status
Not open for further replies.

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
I know there was a thread made like this and it got locked, but this needs to be made known.

I work at EB, and our computers have updated the release date to March 1st without any notice. It's not just MY EB, it's every EB across Canada, and likely anywhere else, for that matter.

There have been other posts claiming that workers at GameStop also have the same release date in their computers.

When I called my local MicroPlay, they had the same response: the computers show March 1st.

Best Buy on the other hand has Feb 10th.

I'm clearly not saying that there's going to be a delay, but why the hell is this happening? Another delay certainly isn't out of the question.

I'm afraid that the first post after the new year is another delay. If tomorrow's ISN'T a delay notice, then there's nothing to worry about, since they'd tell us by now for sure, with the game a month away.

Pit 42

Smash Lord
In addition to that, I preordered the game on walmart.com in September and it sent me emails for the the delay in release until Feb. 10, but just in the past month sent me one that said the game would ship to my house on March 20th or something.

Help...someone...

Shuma

Smash Hero
This is old, the game has gone gold, it cannot be delayed anymore, repeat after me the game cannot be delayed anymore.

SJAK47

Smash Journeyman
That's why you get it at Best Buy. I seriously don't think Brawl's going to get delayed again. There has been no word of it and it's kind of late to push the release for another month.

SJAK47

Smash Journeyman
But those are the Japanese versions. And the American ones?

SJAK47

Smash Journeyman
There's no math involved in this. Yes, counting down, blah blah blah, but no word has been spread about the US release yet, other than the fact that the official site still has February 10 as their target date.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Shuma, the Japanese commercials prove that the JAPANESE VERSION has gone gold. It says nothing of the US version.
Wich meand the game has been finished and it only needs to be translated, hell maybe it already was and the production for the US version has already started.

And if it hasn't, it doesn't take a long time to do it. Besides, Walmart had this same release date some days ago, and changed it back to Feb 10th, the game whon't be delayed again. It's stupid, this thread it's stupid and EB is stupid.

Leviscus

Smash Apprentice
Well, we are in a month from release, you do the math.
That doesn't mean anything. They could always go back and make changes to the American version as they see fit. I hope this doesn't happen and is just an error in the Gamestop/EB computers. Although if there is another delay we will find out in the next week. If we make it through the week with no delay announcement, we should be in the clear. Cross your fingers everyone.

Edit: Spelling error :p

Revven

FrankerZ
Shuma, the Japanese commercials prove that the JAPANESE VERSION has gone gold. It says nothing of the US version.
Yeahhhh except for the fact that why would they delay it only for the US version? Unless there were some translation errors, I don't think they'd be at liberty to just delay the US version and release the Japanese one that has everything completed.

It's just everyone's paranoia about a delay again because of TP's delays. :rolleyes:

DstyCube

Smash Journeyman
This is old, the game has gone gold, it cannot be delayed anymore, repeat after me the game cannot be delayed anymore.
So because a game has gone gold means they can't hold onto their stock a little longer before releasing it?

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Hmm. Where are your sources saying that both the JPN and the US versions have gone GOLD?
I hope another delay doesn't occur though ;_;

-Knight

Shuma

Smash Hero
So because a game has gone gold means they can't hold onto their stock a little longer before releasing it?
Oh my bad, i forgot that would be such an inteligent move.

Edit:

Kirby knight:

Read my last post.

SJAK47

Smash Journeyman
Stocking up can build up more hype... and have enough for everyone. No shortages for Brawl.

Saltwater Gem

Smash Journeyman
I repeat: a Saturday release date? And for the stores to collude hold their stock simultaneously? None of this makes sense.

Revven

FrankerZ
Hmm. Where are your sources saying that both the JPN and the US versions have gone GOLD?
I hope another delay doesn't occur though ;_;

-Knight
We can pretty much the Japanese version has gone gold because of the commercials airing, you don't air a game on TV and then delay it another month, that's just idiocy. The US version, however, does't have any commercials airing and it is possible for it to be delayed but, seems very unlikely because why only delay one version? I could see a week delay, but, a whole month? That's just too much for one version. Either a week or it's too much for one version.

What would need to be fixed for a delay of one version? It couldn't possibly be translation errors that would lead to its delay because that would only take another week to fix, and bugs would be fixed even before the game would go gold.

I just don't understand what makes people believe another delay can happen for one version of the game other than the fact that Twilight Princess was delayed so many times.

cdiaz032

Smash Rookie
this is strange, here in Mexico there are 2 of the biggest videogame shops that showed that date (march 1st) since november... i beilieved that the game was going to be delayed just here in latin america...

but now that I read this, I think is very strange... because in other places in mexico or latin america still shows the february 10th release date, but they are smaller shops...

check in this site: http://www.gamerush.com.mx/grxPreorders2.asp

this page was uploaded in november...

Chiastic

Smash Apprentice
if the game DOES get delayed a month. im expecting a big announcement on tonights dojo update. MEGAMAN 4 BRAWL!!!
i can live with another delay if they are working on megaman during this period.

WarxePB

Smash Ace
I think it's safe to say that

Originally Posted by Rapthehedgehog
If there's another delay i'll throw sakurai off a building shouting: YOU MUST RECOVER
But even if there is, I'm sure it won't be a big one. The game's pretty much done at this point, so why would they delay it?

Revven

FrankerZ
If there's no reason for it to not get delayed other than language, then there's no reason for the UK and Australia to not get their versions very soon too. Are you guys saying they'll get them soon?
The UK and Australia are different because of the vast amount of languages there. The US isn't like that though because it's just one language and not many. It shouldn't be a huge enough deal to delay the US version because of a translation error when the US version should've been worked on at the same time the Japanese version was being worked on (translation wise I mean).

And, glitches or bugs wouldn't lead to such a huge delay unless they were extra serious. But, even then, wouldn't the Japanese version be susceptible to the same issues? I can't see how one version is OK'ed to be released on time and the other isn't.

I don't believe another delay will happen and neither should anyone else. But, that's what I think, and I could be totally wrong.

bob-e

Smash Journeyman
The epic January 7 update that everyone has been waiting for:

Delayed in The Americas. Here, have an item and some music to make up for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom