• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Port Town Aero Dive?

Kayzee

Smash Journeyman
Does anybody like it? I don't. However, it has one of the best tracks in the game. By "tracks", I mean its music. I love the new Mute City music, but I HATE the stage. What are your thoughts on Port Town Aero Dive?

Iachoku

Smash Rookie
The F-Zero Machines score more KO's than the fighters, I find.
I love the stage, but that^ takes so much fun out of it.

Ace55

Smash Lord
It's such a shame that a stage with so much great music is one of the least "fair" stages. If the cars wern't so deadly (or more predictable) it would be a great stage, a bit like Delfino Plaza.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
It would also help if the lower platforms were better placed. I still find myself getting hit by the machines despite being on those platforms.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I like it but the F-Zero cars are way to over powered. Also we can't attack them anymore, which is no fun.

Nintendude92z

Smash Apprentice
I love the stage and the tracks. The cars have a distinct pattern is some of the parts of the track. Not an obvious one, but its fun to incorporate them into your throws.

x9whitey9x

Smash Journeyman
Yeah.. The cars can kill from pretty low percentages, which is a shame because of what the TP mentioned.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
It would be great if it weren't for the F-Zero racers. They can even hit/kill you if you're standing in a platform.

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
I've seen those cars KO at 40%. I'm sure the actual lower limit for their KO potential is lower.

It really is a shame. Both the cars' power and the poor platform placement. Fix one or the other and the stage would be acceptable. Fix both and it'd be just fine.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
I have it on my random's list but it's not a stage I prefer to play on (mute city was sooo much better). I think Delphino plaza and Mario Circuit are a good alternative to this broken stage though.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Seeing as those F-Zero racers can easily take you out below 100% damage, you need to be seriously aware of their presence to survive.

DKKountry

Smash Ace
Corneria... Fourth Planet of the Lylat System
Although the F-Zero machines are very strong, on the bright side the only place in the stage where you can't see them coming is when you stop on the track sideways and the blow in from the right side of the screen. At that point, just be sure to keep yourself on the top platform, since the cars can kill you on the lower platforms.

Personally, I love the stage. I can see where it would get crowded if you have four people playing on the stage but I think it's got plenty of room for great 1v1 matches.

Remember, you may hate this stage, but in Soviet Russia, the stages ban you...

:034:

Smash Hero
If the cars didn't do that much damage, I'd love this stage. It looks very good, has good music, a lot of different scenes and layouts, and in 1v1's it has plenty room. The cars just kill so often, it just drains all the fun out of this stage.

Amarkov

Smash Apprentice
There is a problem if the stage itself is likely to kill you more than your opponent will. And that happens far, far too often on Aero Dive. I like the stage, but I like WarioWare too. It's still not any good for competitive play.

Percon

Smash Lord
Maaaaan... the cars are the ONLY thing keeping this stage from being legal. Just wondering, are they patterned like in Melee? I remember that on Mute City in Melee, the cards would always come at the same time, and I'd end up memorizing when they'd appear.

If this holds true for Port Town, then there may be hope. Though, I hear there are actually TWO different ways this stage could go? (sorry... don't play this stage too much XD)

AbsoluteZero255

Smash Journeyman
I like it very much (especially when I face off against lvl9 sonics with marth), but the only problem is that the cars are WAY too overpowered.

But, I use the cars for my advantage. For example, one time I spiked the sonic down on the track, and a few seconds later, the cars came and KOed him.

And also, for some reason, I can counter sonic's attacks better on PTAD.

Kayzee

Smash Journeyman
For any Diddy mains viewing this thread: How do I recover vertically to the main platform? I can never recovery if below the stage, no matter how much I charge the rockets. I either fall to my death while charging, or I fire the rockets, but end up falling to my death anyway. How do I recover to the main platform?

Hanai

Smash Cadet
The difference is that the shy guy karts are only doing less than 50 mph so thus you usually surivie them.

The F-zero Racers however are zooming along at a good few hundred miles per hour easy which is probably why it hurts getting hurt by a car.

:bee:

Just ma 2 pence

SlickSlicer

Smash Apprentice
I love it. Also, anybody who hates it because it's "random" or whatever is dumb. After playing the stage a few times, you know to stay off certain parts of the stage at certain times. Assuming you are aware of what's going on, it's not hard to avoid the cars flying down the track.

The music is good, the stage is good. Everything about this level is good.

Blackbelt

Smash Lord
The difference is that the shy guy karts are only doing less than 50 mph so thus you usually surivie them.

The F-zero Racers however are zooming along at a good few hundred miles per hour easy which is probably why it hurts getting hurt by a car.

:bee:

Just ma 2 pence
Your average Mario Kart goes 60 Kilometers per hour

Your average F-Zero racer goes 1200 Kilometers per hour.

That's 20 times faster (I think)

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
Same thing but I wouldn't call the stages broken. Good Music, Good Cinimatics, its just that I hate the cars, especially when they come horizontally and you can't see them...

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
I actually find it relatively legal amongst our 1v1s. If you play the stage enough there is a definite pattern to the cars and you can see them in the background before they rock you. So you can easily figure out when to get to a side or on the top platform.

The only problem I have with this stage is there are no grabbable edges and one of the turns there is this **** well I always get tossed into or forget about and it rocks me.

eskimo bob

Smash Apprentice
Well, there are no ledges and some people here seem to forget the fact that both (or all) players have to avoid the cars and not just themselves. Sounds like a cp to me and I would wanna know why some people find this a neutral.

Eten

Smash Ace
Port Town Aero Dive has "safe zones" where you don't get hit by a car at every stop. It just isn't obvious that not all platforms qualify. Any platform that is low, players on top have a chance of getting hit by one of the tall cars. Port Town Aero Dive is very much playable... if you know the course. Most of the time there is a moderate visual indicator that the cars are arriving.

Kayzee

Smash Journeyman
I'll agree that the lack of clingable ledges is bad. I don't have many problems recovering vertically though.

There are some parts of the stage where there's no way to tell when the cars are coming. I have been killed quite a few times in those places.

Top Bottom