• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Poor Falcon... He used to be so good...

pillsbury552

Smash Apprentice
Not to be rude but was the person playing as captin falcon any good? He/She could have used DI to get out of F-tilt. And if they did that the match MIGHT have been different. But in my opinion abusing f-tilt against a skilled player isn't always an good choice. If they get out of it they have a slight advantage, and if they are skilled they will use any opening.

-dMT-

Smash Lord
Not to be rude but was the person playing as captin falcon any good? He/She could have used DI to get out of F-tilt. And if they did that the match MIGHT have been different. But in my opinion abusing f-tilt against a skilled player isn't always an good choice. If they get out of it they have a slight advantage, and if they are skilled they will use any opening.
He's actually a really good player. He uses ROB though, and he got interested in Falcon. I can't say his Falcon is good but perhaps I did him a favor by discouraging?

The f-tilt lock is always a good choice, if the Sheik knows when to move onto a utitl, usmash, dsmash, aerial or w.e...

pillsbury552

Smash Apprentice
Would R.O.B be easier to use f-tilt lock on since he's heavier? Time to discourage some more:chuckle: Oh and f tilt often is, but it isn't always a success, DI is a major problem with f tilt locking. But I do agree, if you manage to lock for just a little while you can use utilt usmash dsmash etc then it is a pretty good combo, what is w.e?

-dMT-

Smash Lord
Would R.O.B be easier to use f-tilt lock on since he's heavier? Time to discourage some more:chuckle: Oh and f tilt often is, but it isn't always a success, DI is a major problem with f tilt locking. But I do agree, if you manage to lock for just a little while you can use utilt usmash dsmash etc then it is a pretty good combo, what is w.e?
Having a lot of exp vs a ROB, the answer is no. He is floaty despite his heaviness so he can escape after 2-3 tilts. If only it locked. -_-'

w.e = whatever. Yes, my keyboard is broken and on screen keyboard tests my patience

pillsbury552

Smash Apprentice
But if you also main Zelda, like me, he is weak to din's because he's so big. But I'm in the sheik threads now.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Tell me how DI is a major problem against the ftiltlock. I've yet to see any character that can be properly tiltlocked actually escape through DI against an at least decently smart Sheik player.

-dMT-

Smash Lord
Tell me how DI is a major problem against the ftiltlock. I've yet to see any character that can be properly tiltlocked actually escape through DI against an at least decently smart Sheik player.
My point exactly.

pillsbury552

Smash Apprentice
You can DI out of just about any move that hits multipul times. You just have to do it right... Its happened to me, against captin falcon. But I don't want to argue.

-dMT-

Smash Lord
You can DI out of just about any move that hits multipul times. You just have to do it right... Its happened to me, against captin falcon. But I don't want to argue.
I understand what you are saying, but the f-tilt is not a multi-hit attack. Stringing IASA f-tilts is quite different actually. Sure you can DI out, but unlike multi-hit attacks, sheik can stop ftilting when she pleases, so if the sheik player is wise enough to pay ANY attention to the opponent's DI, he/she will know when to move on to the follow up, and will remain in control. No counters no punishments.

Hope that clarifies things...

pillsbury552

Smash Apprentice
It does, and I agree,but you can still DI out of it, but if the sheik player is smart enough he/she will use up tilt or up smash to do major damage. So there is really no point in fighting over it, we agree now... I just noticed that this has gone way off topic:chuckle:

-dMT-

Smash Lord
Not fighting lol.

Discussing.

Isn't that what forums are for, as well as sharing?

Back on topic: Ahem... soo... Falcon really shouldn't be used in brawl... :D

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Is that why over in your state NEO placed third with her? lolol

-dMT-

Smash Lord
In many ways I like the new Sheik better. She's more fun to use and promotes creativity.

I still wish she had retained needle canceling...

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
TOURNAMENT: MD Biweekly
LINK: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=185071
DATE: July 26th, 2008
LOCALE: Atlantic North
ENTRANTS: 23
ENTRY: $10.00
RESULTS:
1 Azen Zagenite (Lucario/Peach)
2 Plairnkk (Meta Knight)
3 NEO (Sheik)
4 Chillindude829 (Pit/Pokémon Trainer)
5 Chinesahh (Wolf/Marth)
5 Kaiser-GL (Snake)
7 DK Smash (Diddy Kong/Donkey Kong)
7 Turbogilman (King Dedede)

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
I'm sure NeO is the God people made him out to be, but I would have liked to see one KO that wasn't a U-Smash. :/

Fizzle

Smash Journeyman
I'm sure NeO is the God people made him out to be, but I would have liked to see one KO that wasn't a U-Smash. :/
Kind of difficult when he doesn't play Zelda. Sheik's usmash is probably her best and most reliable KO move. Gimping a Meta Knight just isn't possible in high level play, and dsmash goes stale quick. I would've liked to have seen more vanish KOs, but it's a risky move and difficult to setup.

EDIT: Forgot about nair and bair. Yeah, I'll agree. He could've used his whole moveset a little better.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
why do so many people say "lacking vanish" :C

the move has laggy startup, and is punishable if you land in the wrong spot, and there are better options in the heat of a pressured tournament match

-dMT-

Smash Lord
Idk. The Invincibility frames more than make up for the start-up if timed and used properly.

Also, appearing away from your opp. and above ground will get you no landing lag if timed well. This still throws people off many time as they expect lag and get punished.

Indeed a move to be used sparingly, but I don't remember seeing even one attempt. >_>'

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Vanish is unnecessary. Fun to see happen, yes, but there's a huge risk for only a decent amount of reward.

YesISpeakChinese

Smash Apprentice
well the falcon wasn't a very good falcon to begin with
but probably you mean he just started to learn falcon and falcon of all characters is one that needs time..T_T
stuff like jab grabs and ledge hop knees and tilts could be incorporated into his game etc.
falcon may be pretty bad now, but if you look at some of the better falcons, you can still see he can be played decently

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Does anyone who talks about SDIing out of the lock actually do so?

-dMT-

Smash Lord
Ummm, smash DI should have gotten that c.falcon out of your "lock"
SDI'ing the f-tilt lock requires one to SDI the first ftilt of the series. A move with barely existent freeze frames is **** near impossible to SDI consistently.

Sure the Falcon was no DI pro, but seriously, people underestimate the ftilt lock way too much. It wouldn't be called a lock if it was so easy to escape.

Top Bottom