• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(Poll) Would you rather have the remaining DLC be ballot picks or no?

Would you rather have the remaining DLC be ballot picks or no?

• Yes

Votes: 34 48.6%
  • No

Votes: 36 51.4%

• Total voters

Dan

Smash Lord
Time and time again we've had controversial roster picks that get to the point of Sakurai & staff receiving death threats... would you just rather have the rest of the DLC be ballot picks (bonafide stars that everyone wants)? To me, no one could literally be disappointed that way instead of Sakurai having a fangasm over FE or a bunch of executives in a Nintendo office trying to figure out what the fans want.

I've gotten flamed for saying this before, but to me, Smash is a game by the fans for the fans. We are the ones that enable this series to exist in the first place by purchasing these games (I'm talking about the individual franchises that make up Smash), so it should be a love letter to us; at least that's how I would run it if I were in charge. Call it self-entitlement, but this is a game for the people.

And it should obviously go without saying that the no 4th party rule applies (Shrek, Goku, etc.)

Edit: This hypothetical involves a new ballot.

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
No, here's why I don't want a fighter ballot pick: (While the idea sounded good on paper, it was poorly executed thus leading to some infamy during the 4th Smash game.)
-To start things off, the Fighter Ballot stated that it would only be video-game characters that would potentially join the fight, but some of these idiots ended up voting for non-video game characters such as Shrek and Goku being prime examples. What makes things stupider is that these morons would make up terrible excuses such as "They're popular" or "They had video games before".
  • On a similar note, while it does state the video-game characters can join, they don't understand that some video-game characters such as Sora, Steve, Freddy Fazbear, Scorpion, and Heavy Weapons Guy are not eligible enough to be playable because of a number of reasons. Yes, they still make up terrible excuses as well.
  • Another thing is that some would even want characters already confirmed as assist trophies at the time the ballot was going. This includes Waluigi and Ashley. (Also Isaac from Golden Sun.)
-Lot of these voters seem to start flame wars over who deserves to win the ballot.

-They think that they can spam vote certain characters when it would never work out in some way since a lot of voters still exist in the world.

-If you were to say that you want certain characters to win the ballot, there's a fair chance that they will attack you. Ironically enough, some of these halfwits want unlikely characters that won't win the ballot.

-A lot of these idiots will try to force you into voting for certain characters likely or not. Let everyone be entitled to have their own opinion dammit.

-Some of them would even be elitists who glorify characters with legit fighting experience, such as Tails, Porky Minch, Krystal, Lloyd Irving, or some unlikely characters such as Geno and Sora while trashing on characters that don't really have fighting experience, such as Phoenix Wright although he did fight in Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and Project X Zone 2, Professor Layton (Even though he did fight in a few games). Ironically enough, some characters that are in Smash do show little to no fighting experience such as Villager or Wii Fit Trainer.

-When Bayonetta won the ballot, a lot of these fans raged when that happened simply because they wanted another character in a toxic way or even wanted an unlikely character.

-The fans have gotten so out of hand with the ballot that it was possibly the reason why a fighter ballot did not appear in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. In fact, Reggie Fils- Aime said: "My interpretation is that there will be no fan polls, No independent poll trying to push Waluigi, as an example, will not influence the decisions that have already been made.”

-Even before Bayonetta was announced, they took the who is going to be the next character thing too seriously.
All of this was during the 4th Smash game.
And that's why I don't want another ballot pick. (Which would lead to saltiness and fans acting like immature and whiny manchildren.)

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Most of my most wanted characters are what you'd call ballot picks, so yeah, I'd be perfectly down for a Pass full of them.

Plus I think we could all use some positivity after all the backlashes and feuds lately, and nobody can argue with the sheer force of popularity.

regulus tera

Smash Apprentice
This is an entirely useless question as long as we don't have access to the actual ballot picks.

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
Oh definitely yeah. Pretty sure it's too late though since 90% of those fan requested characters got turned into assist trophies and stickers.

D

Deleted member

Having more out-of-field picks rather than fan-requested ones seems to bring more magic to the Smash franchise. Learning more about worlds we have yet to see is a fascinating experience. To me, once a character becomes over-requested to the point of it being too much, the character loses its charm.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
I'd rather not. I'd actually want to be surprised when they reveal fighters and not just immediately know them based on the highest scoring ballot pick. Maybe they could do a fan requested character at the end of each DLC Fighter Pass, but I wouldn't want an entire Fighter Pass based off fan requests.

Dan

Smash Lord
I imagine the final six would end on something like Sora, Geno, Doomguy, Dante, Steve and Crash.

No, here's why I don't want a fighter ballot pick: (While the idea sounded good on paper, it was poorly executed thus leading to some infamy during the 4th Smash game.)
-To start things off, the Fighter Ballot stated that it would only be video-game characters that would potentially join the fight, but some of these idiots ended up voting for non-video game characters such as Shrek and Goku being prime examples. What makes things stupider is that these morons would make up terrible excuses such as "They're popular" or "They had video games before".
  • On a similar note, while it does state the video-game characters can join, they don't understand that some video-game characters such as Sora, Steve, Freddy Fazbear, Scorpion, and Heavy Weapons Guy are not eligible enough to be playable because of a number of reasons. Yes, they still make up terrible excuses as well.
  • Another thing is that some would even want characters already confirmed as assist trophies at the time the ballot was going. This includes Waluigi and Ashley. (Also Isaac from Golden Sun.)
-Lot of these voters seem to start flame wars over who deserves to win the ballot.

-They think that they can spam vote certain characters when it would never work out in some way since a lot of voters still exist in the world.

-If you were to say that you want certain characters to win the ballot, there's a fair chance that they will attack you. Ironically enough, some of these halfwits want unlikely characters that won't win the ballot.

-A lot of these idiots will try to force you into voting for certain characters likely or not. Let everyone be entitled to have their own opinion dammit.

-Some of them would even be elitists who glorify characters with legit fighting experience, such as Tails, Porky Minch, Krystal, Lloyd Irving, or some unlikely characters such as Geno and Sora while trashing on characters that don't really have fighting experience, such as Phoenix Wright although he did fight in Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and Project X Zone 2, Professor Layton (Even though he did fight in a few games). Ironically enough, some characters that are in Smash do show little to no fighting experience such as Villager or Wii Fit Trainer.

-When Bayonetta won the ballot, a lot of these fans raged when that happened simply because they wanted another character in a toxic way or even wanted an unlikely character.

-The fans have gotten so out of hand with the ballot that it was possibly the reason why a fighter ballot did not appear in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. In fact, Reggie Fils- Aime said: "My interpretation is that there will be no fan polls, No independent poll trying to push Waluigi, as an example, will not influence the decisions that have already been made.”

-Even before Bayonetta was announced, they took the who is going to be the next character thing too seriously.
All of this was during the 4th Smash game.
And that's why I don't want another ballot pick. (Which would lead to saltiness and fans acting like immature and whiny manchildren.)
I mean, all this exists anyway, still seems better than the Byleth backlash and a lot of that didn't actually happen when the Smash 4 ballot was happening.

And there's also proof Bayonetta didn't win the ballot and started development before it even started.

This is an entirely useless question as long as we don't have access to the actual ballot picks.
What? Why? To confirm the validity after they lied about Bayonetta winning the ballot?

Edit: I get what you're saying now; your answer depends on who the characters are. I personally just want the people to get what they want.

To me, once a character becomes over-requested to the point of it being too much, the character loses its charm.
I can never grasp this: of course newcomers will always be subjective, but an analogy I'd use is if you're a sports team in a draft and everyone is hyping the best player and you suddenly pick the 30th ranked prospect cause people don't know as much about them.

Last edited:

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
I voted no because I'd like to leave the door open for some surprises. Fill in some obvious major wants from the ballot but still pick a couple names nobody is speculating about

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
I'd want Fighters Pass 2 to be a mix. Some fan favorites from the ballot, along with a couple surprises thrown in.

regulus tera

Smash Apprentice
What? Why? To confirm the validity after they lied about Bayonetta winning the ballot?
Let's be honest here, even if they revealed the actual ballot picks, this conspiracy theory would still be going strong.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The ballot is outdated by quite a bit for multiple reasons.
1: We have like 30 more characters when compared to Smash 4, including a bunch who were influenced by the ballot.
2: A lot of beloved games came out since the ballot was announced 5 years ago, meaning those suddenly wouldn't get a chance for not having be out by then
3: People's tastes change over time, especially after they already got what they voted for, I voted Ridley but had there been a new ballot now, I'd be voting for Sol Badguy, Shanoa, etc, even if you'd vote the same thing, there's a chance more people will vote for it as we already knocked out a bunch of the most requested characters.
4: Sample size. The ballot had like 1.7 million votes right? That's hardly a large enough sample size to use for a game that sold 10 times as much, especially as multiple people gladly admitted they voted multiple times daily

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
No because I like surprises. Better that they put in characters no one saw coming instead of the obvious fan favorites.

There’s no real hype for characters commonly requested by the people.

Last edited:

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
I would say nay because I think that Sakurai can be more expressive and can put better character if he chooses them rather than picking them from the ballot. Let’s take :ultridley: for example: to me, he’s one of the poorest executed characters in the game, and I think that’s because he was “chosen” by the fans rather than Sakurai himself. :ultbanjokazooie: fall in a similar category.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I would say nay because I think that Sakurai can be more expressive and can put better character if he chooses them rather than picking them from the ballot. Let’s take :ultridley: for example: to me, he’s one of the poorest executed characters in the game, and I think that’s because he was “chosen” by the fans rather than Sakurai himself. :ultbanjokazooie: fall in a similar category.
Ridley's VERY expressive, his body shape makes it more subtle but Ridley has never been as expressive as he has in Ultimate.

Also another factor is what REALLY counts as ballot. Hero was absolutely because of the ballot, but do we just, not count them in this argument?

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
No because I like surprises. Better that they put in characters no one saw coming instead of the obvious fan favorites.

Having more out-of-field picks rather than fan-requested ones seems to bring more magic to the Smash franchise. Learning more about worlds we have yet to see is a fascinating experience. To me, once a character becomes over-requested to the point of it being too much, the character loses its charm.
:ultbanjokazooie::ultridley::ultkrool::ultsnake:
This is just completely false. The character reveals that really hyped people up were some of the most requested characters before Ultimate's release. Now I like the out of left field picks as well (:ultpiranha::ult_terry::ultjoker:). But fan requested characters have obviously garnered far more excitement and this would undoubtedly continue if say characters like Isaac, Shantae, or Geno were revealed.

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
People really pretending that long time fan requested never evers finally getting in wasn't "surprising" lmao

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
People really pretending that long time fan requested never evers finally getting in wasn't "surprising" lmao
Well you see, Sakurai said Ridley was too big and Banjo is owned by direct competition, so really it was obvious that they were going to get in.

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
Well you see, Sakurai said Ridley was too big and Banjo is owned by direct competition, so really it was obvious that they were going to get in.
Ah good point. But Pokemon and Fire Emblem getting more characters? Now that's something I never would have dreamed of.

Dan

Smash Lord
The ballot is outdated by quite a bit for multiple reasons.
1: We have like 30 more characters when compared to Smash 4, including a bunch who were influenced by the ballot.
2: A lot of beloved games came out since the ballot was announced 5 years ago, meaning those suddenly wouldn't get a chance for not having be out by then
3: People's tastes change over time, especially after they already got what they voted for, I voted Ridley but had there been a new ballot now, I'd be voting for Sol Badguy, Shanoa, etc, even if you'd vote the same thing, there's a chance more people will vote for it as we already knocked out a bunch of the most requested characters.
4: Sample size. The ballot had like 1.7 million votes right? That's hardly a large enough sample size to use for a game that sold 10 times as much, especially as multiple people gladly admitted they voted multiple times daily
Well I mean a new ballot.

For your fourth point, if you didn't vote in the ballot then you can't really care or complain who makes the roster... that's like complaining Donald Trump is president but not voting.

Bro, there's a reason people want these characters lol.

"Let's please the fans by not giving them what they want!"

Actually the most fair point I've read in this thread so far.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

But fan requested characters have obviously garnered far more excitement and this would undoubtedly continue if say characters like Isaac, Shantae, or Geno were revealed.
Excitement is subjective for everyone. If Geno was in, I'd see it as a way that Sakurai is telling impatient fans to shut up for eternity.

To me, I'd rather be genuinely excited about learning a new franchise I've never heard of before rather than something I knew of for some time because of fan requests.

Dorayaki

Smash Journeyman
My question is that Nintendo ins't holding a new ballot in recent time to decide it. If they really want to base on fan demand, they shouldn't use the ballot from years ago. So that the next ballot choice would be closer to what modern gamers want.

And if they just pick a character that is still iconic today and happens to be on the ballot ranking from years ago, I still think that's a mix of consideration and coincidence. Being iconic is part of the reason for the character to be on the ranking, after all. For characters like Geno who rely on popularity soley, NIntendo might need a new ballot to see whether this character is still the most demanded or has been possibly surpassed.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I find it hilarious that people claim the Ballot's outdated when all the huge ballot picks are still in high demand today. Not everyone's as fickle as you, lol.

Excitement is subjective for everyone. If Geno was in, I'd see it as a way that Sakurai is telling impatient fans to shut up for eternity.

To me, I'd rather be genuinely excited about learning a new franchise I've never heard of before rather than something I knew of for some time because of fan requests.
How are Geno fans impatient? Mofos been waiting for 20 years at this point.

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692

It is subjective when you look at it individually, but when you look at peoples reactions as a whole. People are generally most excited when a long requested characters gets in. The only two characters that buck this trend are :ultcloud: and :ultjoker: only because before they were revealed, they just were not considered by the fanbase due to FFVII or Persona not having history on Nintendo.

Dan

Smash Lord
To me, when Ridley was revealed it wasn't so much hype as "What took so long?"... dude shoulda been in the game 10 years ago... so what you shrunk him a little; didn't hurt anyone.

D

Deleted member

It is subjective when you look at it individually, but when you look at peoples reactions as a whole. People are generally most excited when a long requested characters gets in. The only two characters that buck this trend are :ultcloud: and :ultjoker: only because before they were revealed, they just were not considered by the fanbase due to FFVII or Persona not having history on Nintendo.
"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few."

I was never part of the "people" in the "people's reactions". But I fully understand that. Point is, there will always be the minority that won't be fully pleased with the results. It's a stigma that everyone is pleased by the additions. No, that is not true.

There's always gonna be that one person who didn't want BK. There's always gonna be that one person that doesn't want Geno. My point is that people shouldn't assume that everyone is pleased.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Perhaps the same is with BK. Maybe it's from what I've seen here in Smashboards, but hey, I can always be wrong.
Banjo-Kazooie hype didn't really come until Phil Spencer Tweeted his support of the character.
In that sense, Banjo was one of the fastest characters to go from being extremely requested to being playable in game.
We had to wait 6 years for Sonic, 12 for Mega Man, and ****ing 16 for Ridley.
These were all highly requested since Melee, so my math is reveal date minus 2001.
Point being, Banjo fans got heard REALLY fast.
Crash was one of my most wanted (2nd after Banjo) since the Fighter Ballot in 2015, but he didn't become popular in the Smash community until a year later with his revival in the N. Sane Trilogy.
Same with Doom Slayer. He got popular in 2016 after being dormant for so long.
Both were extremely popular franchises in the 90s that got rebooted in 2016. Then people were like, "Oh. These characters are pretty ****ing important. Crash Bandicoot popularized the PlayStation brand, and Doom is quite literally to PC gaming what Mario is to console gaming and what Pac-Man is to arcade gaming."

To bring this full circle, I guess no. I do NOT want ballot picks at the moment, as my two most wanted characters started gaining traction more recently.

Last edited:

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
Ridley's VERY expressive, his body shape makes it more subtle but Ridley has never been as expressive as he has in Ultimate.

Also another factor is what REALLY counts as ballot. Hero was absolutely because of the ballot, but do we just, not count them in this argument?
I would argue that :ultridley: is actually one of the most awkward and weirdest fighter in terms of moveset in Smash: take his jab, his forward and back aerial, aerial, his up and down smash: they all look... strange... I mean, :ultridley: often uses his tail as a way to attack, but he never used it for repeated stabs. And don’t get me started with his forward tilt...
I feel that :ultcharizard: makes for a better :ultridley: that :ultridley: himself.

As for :ulthero:, I don’t know why you said that he comes from the ballot, as Sakurai stated that the most popular fan picks were :ultridley:, :ultsimon:, :ultkrool:, and :ultbanjokazooie:. :ulthero: was popular and all, but he was kind of a logial addition, so I wouldn’t say he was chosen due to the ballot and ballot alone. Western fans’ reception to :ulthero: has been mixed at best: either you were a massive Dragon Quest fan or you disliked him, and Sakurai often referred to “overseas fans” when talking about the ballot, suggesting their opinion mattered, at least to some degree.:ulthero: was saved by his extremely unique moveset, that made him by far my second favorite DLC fighter and overall newcomer for Ultimate.

Dan

Smash Lord
Banjo-Kazooie hype didn't really come until Phil Spencer Tweeted his support of the character.
In that sense, Banjo was one of the fastest characters to go from being extremely requested to being playable in game.
We had to wait 6 years for Sonic, 12 for Mega Man, and ****ing 16 for Ridley.
These were all highly requested since Melee, so my math is reveal date minus 2001.
Point being, Banjo fans got heard REALLY fast.
Crash was one of my most wanted (2nd after Banjo) since the Fighter Ballot in 2015, but he didn't become popular in the Smash community until a year later with his revival in the N. Sane Trilogy.
Same with Doom Slayer. He got popular in 2016 after being dormant for so long.
Both were extremely popular franchises in the 90s that got rebooted in 2016. Then people were like, "Oh. These characters are pretty ****ing important. Crash Bandicoot popularized the PlayStation brand, and Doom is quite literally to PC gaming what Mario is to console gaming and what Pac-Man is to arcade gaming."
Great post. Banjo has always been a wildcard to me because I feel like he never achieved the Ridley, Rool or even Geno level of request (maybe because we didn't know he was possible). Like he was always safely a top 25 request, but I'm not sure about top 10... it all really did happen so fast with him.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Nah. All the base roster newcomers(except :ultincineroar:) were characters that ranked in the higher spots on the Official Ballot, and I feel like the DLC is the best place to throw the curveball choices. Because one thing Smash Bros. Should never be is predictable.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
As for :ulthero:, I don’t know why you said that he comes from the ballot, as Sakurai stated that the most popular fan picks were :ultridley:, :ultsimon:, :ultkrool:, and :ultbanjokazooie:. :ulthero: was popular and all, but he was kind of a logial addition, so I wouldn’t say he was chosen due to the ballot and ballot alone. Western fans’ reception to :ulthero: has been mixed at best: either you were a massive Dragon Quest fan or you disliked him, and Sakurai often referred to “overseas fans” when talking about the ballot, suggesting their opinion mattered, at least to some degree.:ulthero: was saved by his extremely unique moveset, that made him by far my second favorite DLC fighter and overall newcomer for Ultimate.
By the same token, Sakurai has said that Dragon Quest as a whole was a big ballot series and that the major Japanese votes in the ballot are what helped open up discussion with Squeenix, same with Final Fantasy.

The problem with the whole "Should they be from the ballot" question is that the ballot got so many votes that outside of brand new characters like Joker or 2B, you could make a case for so many different characters based on the weird suggestion box that the ballot was. It's why Snake and the other veterans are back, it's how we got Cloud, Bayonetta, Ridley, Dark Samus, Chrom, K. Rool, Castlevania representation, Dragon Quest representation, and Banjo-Kazooie. Not every one of those picks were big in the "Smashboards" side of the fandom.

The question is too nebulous to answer properly. Like, of course it's good to get fan favorites, but what really constitutes one? I'm one of a handful of people who voted for Marina Liteyears in the ballot. Should she get in based on my one vote? (Yes. Yes she should. :p )

I think we should get a variety of characters, like we did with fighter pass 1 - modern icons that have blown up since the ballot era, characters looked into because of the ballot, and a surprise or two. But I also think we as a fandom need to move on from the ballot as a whole. It served its purpose. The data is collected. It's not the end-all-be-all when it comes to Smash.

Dan

Smash Lord
The question is too nebulous to answer properly. Like, of course it's good to get fan favorites, but what really constitutes one? I'm one of a handful of people who voted for Marina Liteyears in the ballot. Should she get in based on my one vote? (Yes. Yes she should. :p )

I think we should get a variety of characters, like we did with fighter pass 1 - modern icons that have blown up since the ballot era, characters looked into because of the ballot, and a surprise or two. But I also think we as a fandom need to move on from the ballot as a whole. It served its purpose. The data is collected. It's not the end-all-be-all when it comes to Smash.
The question is basically would you want them to open a new ballot ASAP and do the top six characters.

I guess they did do a good job of giving us fan favorites, lesser-known and WTF characters; it just hurts so bad when you wait forever and they throw another FE character at you. I really feel like this last character should've been someone like Crash or Geno to balance out the cartoon to anime ratio because Banjo stands out like a sore thumb in this pass.

But yeah, even though Bayonetta was a lie I do believe the ballot served its purpose in Banjo, Rool, Ridley and Simon, though part of me is skeptical Banjo was purely ballot... I feel there's someone who placed higher than he and Bayonetta that we haven't gotten yet.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Late replies but whatever
Well I mean a new ballot.

For your fourth point, if you didn't vote in the ballot then you can't really care or complain who makes the roster... that's like complaining Donald Trump is president but not voting.

Bro, there's a reason people want these characters lol.

"Let's please the fans by not giving them what they want!"

Actually the most fair point I've read in this thread so far.
Oh I voted for our purple ****** on the ballot, my point was moreso that such a small fraction of fans, especially if we remove the multiple votes, simply cannot be used aa a sample size for Ultimate when the game's got a significantly larger core audience and how some people who would vote on a new, hypothetical ballot, may not have played Smash 4 or even been old enough to have access to the ballot in the first place, 4 years is quite a number after all
I would argue that :ultridley: is actually one of the most awkward and weirdest fighter in terms of moveset in Smash: take his jab, his forward and back aerial, aerial, his up and down smash: they all look... strange... I mean, :ultridley: often uses his tail as a way to attack, but he never used it for repeated stabs. And don’t get me started with his forward tilt...
I feel that :ultcharizard: makes for a better :ultridley: that :ultridley: himself.

I cannot at all agree with you on Ridley as Ultimate really plays up his cunning side which makes Charizard's brutish attacks outright clash with Ridley's Smash incarnation.

We know for a fact Hero was planned to be basegame rather than DLC, having only been held off because of the ****ery that is DQ music. The ballot was meant for worldwide fans, not just overseas fans, though France has a large enough DQ fanbase to scream loud enough to get SE to localize their games there. Considering how DQ11 outsold Mario Odyssey in Japan and the Halo 3-esque launch of DQ3, there's no way in hell Japan didn't request a DQ hero in Smash for the ballot

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I prefer surprise choices at this point, but it’s good to include fan-favorite picks when you’re deciding who to add in Smash. Particularly when you want to sell the Fighter’s Pass to undecided consumers.

I feel that :ultcharizard: makes for a better :ultridley: that :ultridley: himself..
Man, Ridley’s just a decent mid-tier who just has a bad disadvantage state to make up for his highly punishing kit. All those moves you mentioned have their own perks and his airgame in general is incredibly good. And what do you mean by him not using his tail for repeated stabs? He already does that with his jab, fair, and pummel. Were you expecting him to do it all the time?

Ridley and Charizard are so completely different in disposition and intellect that I can’t imagine Ridley acting the same as him. Also, Charizard is like legit one of the worst characters in the game, lol. The only reason people give him the time of day is because he’s paired up with much better characters. And I say this as a big Charizard fan.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Except for the fact that the ballot was widely advertised in a highly viewed Nintendo Direct that people could watch even on their consoles. Also, it was 1.8 million votes after removing the duplicated votes.

A website where people could vote for the characters they would like to see as playable fighters in Smash. Starting in April 2015 and ending in October of the same year, we collected approximately 1.8 million votes worldwide (after removing blatantly duplicated or repeated votes).
A sample size like this isn't out of the ordinary though. The recent Street Fighter 5 poll only had +150,000 people voting despite that game selling around 1.9 million copies at that time. This sample size didn't even scratch 10% of that game's sales, so 1.8 million is a good representation for the size of this fanbase.

As for this thread, the real problem I have with a new ballot at this point is that expectations would likely affect how well a character performs in said ballot as, unless specified otherwiseby official sources, characters with prominent in-game roles that could have done pretty well on this ballot would have their potential squashed due to lack of hope and the belief that these types of characters aren't a viable choice for DLC. Expectation does affect fan-support. If Phil Spencer didn't make that tweet, do you think there would have been as much vocal support for:ultbanjokazooie:?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Except for the fact that the ballot was widely advertised in a highly viewed Nintendo Direct that people could watch even on their consoles. Also, it was 1.8 million votes after removing the duplicated votes.

A sample size like this isn't out of the ordinary though. The recent Street Fighter 5 poll only had +150,000 people voting despite that game selling around 1.9 million copies at that time. This sample size didn't even scratch 10% of that game's sales, so 1.8 million is a good representation for the size of this fanbase.

As for this thread, the real problem I have with a new ballot at this point is that expectations would likely affect how well a character performs in said ballot as, unless specified otherwiseby official sources, characters with prominent in-game roles that could have done pretty well on this ballot would have their potential squashed due to lack of hope and the belief that these types of characters aren't a viable choice for DLC. Expectation does affect fan-support. If Phil Spencer didn't make that tweet, do you think there would have been as much vocal support for:ultbanjokazooie:?
I wasn't aware that the tallied amount removed duplicates, my bad, I assumed it wasn't removed. That being said I still believe restricted choices to a smaller pool like that is absurd when there are plenty of popular games that came out during or after 2015 that would get snubbed otherwise

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I wasn't aware that the tallied amount removed duplicates, my bad, I assumed it wasn't removed. That being said I still believe restricted choices to a smaller pool like that is absurd when there are plenty of popular games that came out during or after 2015 that would get snubbed otherwise
Fair enough. I'd laugh if 2B ended up being the number 1 ballot choice among "realisable characters", though. It would be history repeating itself in some way.

Top Bottom