• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Poll: Which Nintendo franchise not represented in Smash deserves a rep?

Which Nintendo franchise not represented in Smash deserves a rep?

• Advance Wars

Votes: 7 6.1%
  • ARMS

Votes: 18 15.7%
  • Brain Age

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chibi-Robo

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Custom Robo

• Dillon's Rolling Western

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • Excitebike

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Golden Sun

Votes: 34 29.6%
  • The Legendary Starfy

• Pilotwings

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Pushmo

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Rhythm Heaven

Votes: 22 19.1%
  • Sin and Punishment

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Other

Votes: 8 7.0%

• Total voters

letsgetsmashing

Smash Apprentice
There's not too many first party franchises currently not represented in Smash Bros. With each iteration, more and more of Nintendo's beloved series have characters appear in the fighting game. In Smash 64 some of Nintendo's biggest and most well know franchises, like Super Mario, Donkey Kong, The Legend of Zelda, Star Fox, Metroid, Kirby, F-Zero, Earthbound, and Pokemon found their way into the ultimate crossover fighting game. In Melee, Fire Emblem joined the fray. In Brawl, Wario, Kid Icarus, and Pikmin finally made it into Smash. In the Wii U/3DS installment of Super Smash Bros, Animal Crossing, Punch-Out!!, Wii Fit, and Xenoblade were all represented for the first time. And now, in Smash Ultimate, Splatoon, one of Nintendo's freshest IPs, has made it into the Smash family. The question is, are anymore Nintendo first parties about to make their debut in Smash? There's certainly less choices then there was 5 years ago. However, there's still a few notable series left. Golden Sun was a popular RPG series that had a respectable life throughout the 2000s. ARMS is a hot new series that, like Smash, is a fighting game. Chibi-Robo is a charming string of video games that has appeared in both 2D and 3D. Rhythm Heaven, as the name implies, is a rhythmic game that has been producing titles for over a decade now. Could one of these series be making it into Smash? Or potentially another one, such as Advance Wars or Dillon's Rolling Western? Vote below for which series you think deserves a rep the most, not for the one that is the most likely. In the comments, put who you think the rep should be, and also comment which series you most want to get a rep.

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
I couldn't decide between Spring-Man, Chibi-Robo, Isaac, and Chorus Kids. I think they all would be great additions. Since we can't vote for multiple I didn't vote at all. That being said if a character from all of those (except Pilotwings) got in I wouldn't complain.

letsgetsmashing

Smash Apprentice
I couldn't decide between Spring-Man, Chibi-Robo, Isaac, and Chorus Kids. I think they all would be great additions. Since we can't vote for multiple I didn't vote at all. That being said if a character from all of those (except Pilotwings) got in I wouldn't complain.
Yeah. I'm with you. ARMS, Golden Sun, Rhythm Heaven, and Chibi-Robo seem to be Nintendo's last four "big" first party franchises not represented in Smash. They all bring something different to the table, and they're the last ones I want in. Excitebiker would be cool as a retro character and Starfy's quite charming too. But the aforementioned 4 are all I need.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Advance Wars, bias aside.

It's the longest running Nintendo franchise not to be represented which is a damn shame. Long overdue.

D

Deleted member

Golden Sun. Isaac's the last heavily requested newcomer since Brawl IIRC.

Jyl

Smash Journeyman
No Panel de Pon choice?
Besides that, I think it's about time Excitebike and Rhythm Heaven gets a playable rep. I also want a S&P rep too, but chances of that happening is looking really slim.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
During Brawl times Advance Wars and Golden Sun were the most obvious choices.

Now, I have to go with Rhythm Heaven. Four increasingly better games within its lifespan, incredibly popular in Japan, and would also bring representation to a game genre that has been unexplored in a Smash Bros moveset.
Golden Sun and Advance Wars would be the next choices if it was multi-vote, and both are series I would love to see revived.

And then Arms I love a lot and would love to see in Smash, just as I would love to see more games for it happen going forward. But as it is more recent I don't find it as massively deserving as those other games. In fact, with Advance Wars in particular it feels mightily unfair that it's the series responsible for convincing Nintendo the west enjoyed turn-based strategy games enough to localize Fire Emblem, and now there's seven fire emblem characters and none for the console wars series.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Dillon's Rolling Western.

Would like a western (genre) themed character in Smash

Last edited:

splat

Smash Lord
As it stands, ARMS is not a franchise just yet - but a single game. Perhaps one that has receives a lot of attention, but technically ineligble for this thread.

That said, I’d be perfectly fine with characters from any mentioned IP (and them some). Most deserving would be Nintendo(/Advance) Wars. Between the Famicom, Super Famicom, 2 Game Boy (3 if you count Turbo), 4 Advance and 2 Batallion Wars games, it definitely is the series with most games under its belt that is still missing. From the series that are alive still, I’d say Rhythm Heaven is the most deserving.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
There are actually dozens of first party games that have to make it in to Smash.
And I dont think this poll is an accurate game without allowing multiple votes.
It will always show the popularity of what people hear, meaning, Chorus Kids and Isaac force those series to be the top.
They are amazing, but it does not show the actual desire of the public. Just the press.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I feel like Advance Wars would be better off having an assist trophy.
Except that an AT poorly represents what the series is all about.

If you wanted to accurately represent the franchise, then a playable character is the only way to do that.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
It is absolutely Rhythm Heaven. Forget a character at all, even, the only representation the series has is a few trophies, a Smash Run enemy and two tracks which is criminal.

letsgetsmashing

Smash Apprentice
There are actually dozens of first party games that have to make it in to Smash.
And I dont think this poll is an accurate game without allowing multiple votes.
It will always show the popularity of what people hear, meaning, Chorus Kids and Isaac force those series to be the top.
They are amazing, but it does not show the actual desire of the public. Just the press.
I agree that there's quite a few first part franchises that should be represented in Smash but are not. But the point of this poll isn't to see what all of them are. All of the franchises represented DO deserve to be in Smash. The point is to see the one fans what and think is the most deserving.

Quillion

Smash Hero
ARMS by virtue of it being the last major Nintendo IP not in Smash.

Golden Sun is not major, even though the characters are interesting enough.

AirMac1

Smash Journeyman
You forgot Paper Mario, Endless Ocean, Wii Sports and It’s spinoffs, and Nintendo Land. Still a great idea though!

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I'm going with Custom Robo. Ray 01 and Rahu could be two new playable characters. That would cover the protagonist-antagonist aspect. Besides, Rahu is pretty cool and has awesome music.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
am I the only one that thinks arms is very over rated, rented it and it was pretty lack luster

osby

Smash Obsessed
am I the only one that thinks arms is very over rated, rented it and it was pretty lack luster
It's not overrated, considering people go out of their way trying to prove the game was failed, even though it selled pretty well for a new IP.

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
Voted Dillon's Rolling Western. You wanna talk underrated series, this is the one. Besides, there are no western-ish characters in Smash yet, and Dillon would fit in perfectly.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Really hard decision between Advance Wars and ARMS. But honestly, I'm not even sure how an Advance Wars rep would play. ARMS is a bit easier to imagine.

ARMS for me.

It's not overrated, considering people go out of their way trying to prove the game was failed, even though it selled pretty well for a new IP.
Not just pretty well. Very well. It broke two million copies. To put that in perspective, only MK8, Odyssey, BotW, Splatoon 2 and 1-2 Switch have outsold it on the Switch.

Last edited:
Top Bottom