• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

POLL: The Final Fighter- if Pack 11 is indeed the end

The one character you see left

• Nintendo- New Switch Game/ Switch Dominant Character

Votes: 14 15.6%
  • Nintendo- New Series (preSwitch)

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Nintendo- Wildcard Pick

Votes: 17 18.9%
  • Third Party- Current Partner, New Series

Votes: 39 43.3%
  • Third Party- Current Partner, A Series already in Smash (playable character)

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Third Party- All else aside, a series you view as "shouldn't be in Smash"

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Third Party- New Partner

Votes: 7 7.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I'm curious who, with one guess, you think will be the final fighter.
As well as what criteria got you there.
LET ME KNOW WHO YOU THINK IS THE FINAL FIGHTER

If I had to make one single guess, I would say:

• A first party character
  • One without an extremely complex move set
  • A character known because of the Switch
  • A character that is too new to have been done prior
  • A character on the cartoonish style

My guess:
Dragaux, from Ring Fit Adventure

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
No one is willing to elaborate on a specific choice??

Alsorash

Smash Cadet
I am one of those that still hope for a Crash or Sora reveals (very difficult, especially the latter) but I don't know why, but the more I think of CP11, the more I'm convinced that the last character will be Dante from the established partner Capcom. Let's think of his chances: recent mii costumes showcase shown us some Capcom choices right, like Monster Hunter and Ghost 'n Goblins, but I think it was more because those games would have released shortly after the presentation. I don't think Nintendo wants another situation where the final character is underwhelming that's why those mii were announced with Pyra/Mytra in the middle of the pass. So yeah, I think Dante will be the last, popular character with an established partnership, relevant today and with a great potential with the moveset.

MattX20

Smash Hero
My guess for FP11 is either a character from a series already repped in Smash Bros, but never had a playable character before or a new IP. Ayumi Tachibana, Phoenix Wright, Professor Layton, Shantae, Morrigan, and Amaterasu would fall in line with this idea, as I'm not expecting any genre defining picks like Crash or Master Chief at this point

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Not specifically to you dude- I don't know if I admire the Geno tenacity, or find the disillusioning of projecting it into every conversation to be exhausting. The spirit is damn right commendable.

Alsorash

Smash Cadet
I am one of those that still hope for a Crash or Sora reveals (very difficult, especially the latter) but I don't know why, but the more I think of CP11, the more I'm convinced that the last character will be Dante from the established partner Capcom. Let's think of his chances: recent mii costumes showcase shown us some Capcom choices right, like Monster Hunter and Ghost 'n Goblins, but I think it was more because those games would have released shortly after the presentation. I don't think Nintendo wants another situation where the final character is underwhelming that's why those mii were announced with Pyra/Mytra in the middle of the pass. So yeah, I think Dante will be the last, popular character with an established partnership, relevant today and with a great potential with the moveset.
lmao @me

Baba

Smash Journeyman
I want to say they're going to end things with a bang but Smash has a history of not making a big spectacle of their endings.

Imo we're either getting a big third party or a first party character that has been on the backburner for a while.

If first party, I'm guessing Rhythm Heaven or Porky.
If third party, I'm guessing Master Chief.

Minik

Smash Journeyman
The shantae mii costume and the montage of all the newcomers dating back to smash 4 make me think it won't be something new but instead something they've had planned for a while.
So i'm just going all in on Rhythm Heaven.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Why does the poll lack third party new partner? Companies like Nippon Ichi, Spike Chunsoft, Level 5, or Falcom could easily be last if we go with something niche even. If we go big then Crash and Activision are back on board too.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Why does the poll lack third party new partner? Companies like Nippon Ichi, Spike Chunsoft, Level 5, or Falcom could easily be last if we go with something niche even. If we go big then Crash and Activision are back on board too.
I actually thought I had it on. Four of my top ten wants are Scorpion, Rayman, Red Bird, and Crash.

Anywho, that option is now Added.

Last edited:

DittoInDisguise

Smash Apprentice
The shantae mii costume and the montage of all the newcomers dating back to smash 4 make me think it won't be something new but instead something they've had planned for a while.
So i'm just going all in on Rhythm Heaven.
This is where im at, though I feel like Waluigi, Ayumi, and Dixie Kong are just as strong as a rhythm heaven rep.

Last edited:

QQS

Smash Lord
If it’s third party: Geno because the long story request + being the only third party hailing from a first party world. Also for being a perfect fit in terms of design, music and moveset. Not just recognizable, fun to play. He would bring tears of joy after 2 decades of requests and being on the top polls in spite of only having one playable game. He stands face to face against Crash, Rayman, Sora or Isaac in terms of Smash Popularity. If it’s not Geno, I’m going happy with my other candidates such as Crash, Rayman, Hayabusa or a Sonic rep. If it’s not one of those, I’m okay cause I love the game and I consider myself lucky being able to play as Mega Man :)

If it’s first party: I think my best choice would be a Zelda rep: Skull Kid. But given that maybe that isn’t happening, I’m rooting for my fav champion (Mipha) or another unique non-triforce character. On the other hand, the more likely for me are Waluigi, or between Dixie/Bandana. If it’s not one of those, I would be happy with other Mario or Zelda rep.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
If it’s third party: Geno because the long story request + being the only third party hailing from a first party world. Also for being a perfect fit in terms of design, music and moveset. Not just recognizable, fun to play. He would bring tears of joy after 2 decades of requests and being on the top polls in spite of only having one playable game. He stands face to face against Crash, Rayman, Sora or Isaac in terms of Smash Popularity. If it’s not Geno, I’m going happy with my other candidates such as Crash, Rayman, Hayabusa or a Sonic rep. If it’s not one of those, I’m okay cause I love the game and I consider myself lucky being able to play as Mega Man :)

If it’s first party: I think my best choice would be a Zelda rep: Skull Kid. But given that maybe that isn’t happening, I’m rooting for my fav champion (Mipha) or another unique non-triforce character. On the other hand, the more likely for me are Waluigi, or between Dixie/Bandana. If it’s not one of those, I would be happy with other Mario or Zelda rep.
This is what you believe will happen... or your desire?

silenthunder

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
0490-6839-9144
My guess is Doom guy. We've got 2 Bethesda costumes, yet no reps. I also think Phoenix Wright or a Pokemon have a good shot.

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
I'm thinking the trend of "previously considered" will continue. I can see many characters fitting:

- Ayumi Tachibana, as Famicom Detective Club has finally been localized outside of Japan!

- Rhythm Heaven rep. Sakurai said it'll be a while till we see our next character. If it's because the character is really complicated to implement, maybe it'll be a character from RH, because a rhythm mechanic would be very difficult to pull off.

- Ryu Hayabusa, if only because leakers have mentioned him heavily. Maybe another Steve situation where it simply took a long time to bring the character to fruition.

- Decidueye, the only remaining character (who we know about, at least) who was heavily considered for base game. Will even be relevant again thanks to Legends: Arceus, funnily enough.

- Demifiend, Jack Frost, or Persona 5 protag: We only got Persona music with Joker (and a kinda lacking selection, at that), so I could see an SMT rep being chosen so that SMT content can be added. Not a character we know was previously considered, but more along the lines of Sephiroth, where they get added to fill in some blanks.

There are probably more who could fit that I'm not thinking of at the moment, but I feel like this is our pool of likely candidates. There really has been a complete lack of anything consistent to cling to in terms of character expectations, though. It truly feels up in the air as to who we'll get.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I'm thinking the trend of "previously considered" will continue. I can see many characters fitting:

- Ayumi Tachibana, as Famicom Detective Club has finally been localized outside of Japan!

- Rhythm Heaven rep. Sakurai said it'll be a while till we see our next character. If it's because the character is really complicated to implement, maybe it'll be a character from RH, because a rhythm mechanic would be very difficult to pull off.

- Ryu Hayabusa, if only because leakers have mentioned him heavily. Maybe another Steve situation where it simply took a long time to bring the character to fruition.

- Decidueye, the only remaining character (who we know about, at least) who was heavily considered for base game. Will even be relevant again thanks to Legends: Arceus, funnily enough.

- Demifiend, Jack Frost, or Persona 5 protag: We only got Persona music with Joker (and a kinda lacking selection, at that), so I could see an SMT rep being chosen so that SMT content can be added. Not a character we know was previously considered, but more along the lines of Sephiroth, where they get added to fill in some blanks.

There are probably more who could fit that I'm not thinking of at the moment, but I feel like this is our pool of likely candidates. There really has been a complete lack of anything consistent to cling to in terms of character expectations, though. It truly feels up in the air as to who we'll get.
I'm not that keen on us getting Decidueye. There have seemingly been a good number of considered Pokemon that never made it- the only Pokemon that were ever added after their debut generation were those of Pokemon Trainer.

Last edited:

Sheng Long

Smash Apprentice
If the final fighter is a...

First Party Character:
I'm thinking maybe either a new Zelda or Metroid character to promote BoTW2 or Dread/Prime 4. For Zelda my guess would be either AoC Impa or one of the champions perhaps. Monk Maz Koshia would also be a super cool choice. For Metroid, I could see Sylux from Metroid Prime Hunters being a good choice for lore reasons. PLEASE no Pokemon though.

Personally, a new Kirby rep like Bandanna Waddle Dee, Marx, or Magolor or Mother rep like Giygas, Porky, or Ninten would be cool, but I know that is most definitely not happening. Qbby and Andy are other first party choices I would love, but are very likely not happening.

If Nintendo REALLY wants to pull a wildcard though, Ayumi Tachibana being the last character would actually be pretty dope.

Third Party Character:
I am guessing the following: Crash Bandicoot, Rayman, Master Chief, Ryu Hayabusa, or an SMT character. Rayman I think is long overdue and really should have been in since Smash 4 in my opinion. Ryu Hayabusa is in the same boat as Megaman and Simon Belmont in that he's been around since the NES days so I think he deserves a spot. Plus, he represents multiple genres (platforming, action adventure, fighting) so that's pretty cool. People mention Doomguy a lot, but at Bethesda is now owned by Microsoft, I see Master Chief as the more likely FPS rep. Plus, Master Chief in Smash would be a pretty surreal experience. Crash Bandicoot is just a highly requested character and is a mascot that pretty much went up against Mario and Sonic back in the PS1 days so it would be nice to see this come full circle. With the reveal of SMTV and the hype behind it, I would not be surprised if we got either Demi-fiend or the SMTV protagonist to promote SMTV.

Personally, I REALLY want Crash to be the last fighter as he is my number 1 pick, but let's see what happens. Demi-fiend or SMTV protagonist would also have me pretty hype. Otherwise, the other choices are pretty cool too, but I admit I would be a little underwhelmed if it's Rayman or Ryu. Master Chief would be a little hype just because it's Master Chief in Smash and Halo is cool so yeah. Sora is another character that I want, but not as much as I want some other characters that I have mentioned previously. That being said, I don't think he will be in because Disney and also because Sephiroth reduced his chances in my opinion, but KH fans stay strong on this one which is why I wanted to mention it.

Indie Character:
Definitely not happening, but if it does, then I see either The Knight from Hollow Knight or Reimu Hakurei from Tohou making it. Personally, I would flip **** (in a good way) if The Knight somehow got in, even as a Mii costume at this point honestly. Zagreus from Hades or Miriam from Bloodstained would also be really cool, but they would not be as likely as The Knight or Reimu.

TL;DR
First Party:
  • Likely Zelda or Metroid
  • If Zelda, BoTW/AoC rep (Impa, Champions, Maz Koshia) to promote BoTW2
  • If Metroid, probably Sylux to promote Dread/Prime 4
  • Pokemon is also possible, but PLEASE no Pokemon (at least be a dragon-type if it is)
  • Wildcard pick: Ayumi Tachibana
Third Party:
  • Crash - Highly requested, Mario, Sonic, Crash rivalry comes full circle
  • Rayman - Should have been in Smash 4 tbh
  • Ryu Hayabusa - Call back to the NES like Megaman and Simon + Koei Tecmo rep + technically another fighting game character
  • Master Chief - Breaks the internet, cool FPS rep, more likely that Doomguy due to Microsoft owning Bethesda
  • Demi-fiend or SMTV Protagonist - To promote SMTV
Indie:
  • Extremely high chance of not happening
  • If it does, either Reimu or The Knight (Hollow Knight) as those are really the biggest ones left
  • Knight Mii costume would be super dope though

Minik

Smash Journeyman
I doubt a first party thats already heavily represented would be the last pick given they're meant to be whole packs, Sakurai talking about bringing "worlds" into smash. Fire emblem has a lot in smash but literally nothing from 3 houses was in smash so that still counts as a new "world". With zelda or kirby we already have those (even if modern kirby is ignored heavily) and any spirit boards made for them would be scraping the bottom of the barrel for content unlike the ones that did get in, which fleshed out their amount.
In general a lot of picks seem too recent even if they are gonna be a while with the last character, since they did say they planned the whole pass from the moment of announcing it. I would definitely count Ayumi as way too recent to be a consideration, not like she had any respectable amount of content before this, being just a 1 star spirit.

Also not super related but a tourney for characters between 2010 to 2019 was announced, so that would be another thing against any super modern picks (ring fit was technically 2019 sadly) but I know they have done ones for past years so its nothing concrete.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
If the final fighter is a...

First Party Character:
I'm thinking maybe either a new Zelda or Metroid character to promote BoTW2 or Dread/Prime 4. For Zelda my guess would be either AoC Impa or one of the champions perhaps. Monk Maz Koshia would also be a super cool choice. For Metroid, I could see Sylux from Metroid Prime Hunters being a good choice for lore reasons. PLEASE no Pokemon though.

Personally, a new Kirby rep like Bandanna Waddle Dee, Marx, or Magolor or Mother rep like Giygas, Porky, or Ninten would be cool, but I know that is most definitely not happening. Qbby and Andy are other first party choices I would love, but are very likely not happening.

If Nintendo REALLY wants to pull a wildcard though, Ayumi Tachibana being the last character would actually be pretty dope.

Third Party Character:
I am guessing the following: Crash Bandicoot, Rayman, Master Chief, Ryu Hayabusa, or an SMT character. Rayman I think is long overdue and really should have been in since Smash 4 in my opinion. Ryu Hayabusa is in the same boat as Megaman and Simon Belmont in that he's been around since the NES days so I think he deserves a spot. Plus, he represents multiple genres (platforming, action adventure, fighting) so that's pretty cool. People mention Doomguy a lot, but at Bethesda is now owned by Microsoft, I see Master Chief as the more likely FPS rep. Plus, Master Chief in Smash would be a pretty surreal experience. Crash Bandicoot is just a highly requested character and is a mascot that pretty much went up against Mario and Sonic back in the PS1 days so it would be nice to see this come full circle. With the reveal of SMTV and the hype behind it, I would not be surprised if we got either Demi-fiend or the SMTV protagonist to promote SMTV.

Personally, I REALLY want Crash to be the last fighter as he is my number 1 pick, but let's see what happens. Demi-fiend or SMTV protagonist would also have me pretty hype. Otherwise, the other choices are pretty cool too, but I admit I would be a little underwhelmed if it's Rayman or Ryu. Master Chief would be a little hype just because it's Master Chief in Smash and Halo is cool so yeah. Sora is another character that I want, but not as much as I want some other characters that I have mentioned previously. That being said, I don't think he will be in because Disney and also because Sephiroth reduced his chances in my opinion, but KH fans stay strong on this one which is why I wanted to mention it.

Indie Character:
Definitely not happening, but if it does, then I see either The Knight from Hollow Knight or Reimu Hakurei from Tohou making it. Personally, I would flip **** (in a good way) if The Knight somehow got in, even as a Mii costume at this point honestly. Zagreus from Hades or Miriam from Bloodstained would also be really cool, but they would not be as likely as The Knight or Reimu.

TL;DR
First Party:
  • Likely Zelda or Metroid
  • If Zelda, BoTW/AoC rep (Impa, Champions, Maz Koshia) to promote BoTW2
  • If Metroid, probably Sylux to promote Dread/Prime 4
  • Pokemon is also possible, but PLEASE no Pokemon (at least be a dragon-type if it is)
  • Wildcard pick: Ayumi Tachibana
Third Party:
  • Crash - Highly requested, Mario, Sonic, Crash rivalry comes full circle
  • Rayman - Should have been in Smash 4 tbh
  • Ryu Hayabusa - Call back to the NES like Megaman and Simon + Koei Tecmo rep + technically another fighting game character
  • Master Chief - Breaks the internet, cool FPS rep, more likely that Doomguy due to Microsoft owning Bethesda
  • Demi-fiend or SMTV Protagonist - To promote SMTV
Indie:
  • Extremely high chance of not happening
  • If it does, either Reimu or The Knight (Hollow Knight) as those are really the biggest ones left
  • Knight Mii costume would be super dope though
Something important to note- Bethesda was officially acquired by Microsoft after the Second Fighters pass was in works.
While it is possible that the characters actually were not done at the start, or that this deal was in the works for a while, enough for it to have been sure, it is more probable that the acquisition had no effect on chosen characters.

I've never played SMT, but the thread for it has gotten me excited to try the new game. That said, I would likely be let down by this, as it would feel like Persona round 2.

I just hope it is a big deal character. Regardless of personal attachment (which of course helps), big characters make me happy because it makes Smash a bigger deal.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I kinda think people are sleeping on SMTV as a chance for being FP11.

We don't know when FP11 will come out, but Sakurai said it'll be awhile, so that could mean September, which is what most people pin, or later still, maybe even The Game Awards to drag this out to December.

SMTV's being hard pushed by Nintendo to be successful, which reminds me a lot of what happened with DQ11s, and in some territories, like Europe, they're outright publishing it, which more or less gives them console exclusivity akin to Bayonetta 2, iirc at least.

From my own standpoint, I'd just find it funny that Smash started on Persona, and ended on SMT, on top of Nabohino being the thing that Smash community hates the most, being a "Blue Haired anime swordsman."

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Fire emblem has a lot in smash but literally nothing from 3 houses was in smash so that still counts as a new "world".
.... honestly that is an insane stretch

Sheng Long

Smash Apprentice
I kinda think people are sleeping on SMTV as a chance for being FP11.

We don't know when FP11 will come out, but Sakurai said it'll be awhile, so that could mean September, which is what most people pin, or later still, maybe even The Game Awards to drag this out to December.

SMTV's being hard pushed by Nintendo to be successful, which reminds me a lot of what happened with DQ11s, and in some territories, like Europe, they're outright publishing it, which more or less gives them console exclusivity akin to Bayonetta 2, iirc at least.

From my own standpoint, I'd just find it funny that Smash started on Persona, and ended on SMT, on top of Nabohino being the thing that Smash community hates the most, being a "Blue Haired anime swordsman."
I would not be surprised at all if Nahobino made it as the last character, I think he is very likely in my opinion.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I would not be surprised at all if Nahobino made it as the last character, I think he is very likely in my opinion.
It would be everything that disappoints me,
  • More human characters
  • A company we already have
  • A series we already have (in my head, even though it isn't factually true, it is emotionally true)
  • Yet another RPG
  • A series to which I have no connection

so it is probably best I plan for it.

Shroob

Sup?
It would be everything that disappoints me,
  • More human characters
  • A company we already have
  • A series we already have (in my head, even though it isn't factually true, it is emotionally true)
  • Yet another RPG
  • A series to which I have no connection

so it is probably best I plan for it.
On the flipside though, don't you find it odd that Atlus doesn't have their mascot represented at all?

Putting aside ones own opinions on the series, every company in Smash, aside from Microsoft really, has their "Mascot" in Smash, and Atlus, does not.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
On the flipside though, don't you find it odd that Atlus doesn't have their mascot represented at all?

Putting aside ones own opinions on the series, every company in Smash, aside from Microsoft really, has their "Mascot" in Smash, and Atlus, does not.
I don't find it odd in the slightest- and considering that the new protagonist isn't the mascot, I still don't.
There are many more things I do find odd, about the game. Treatment of certain series, lack of some insanely huge Nintendo names, so few echoes...

I'd also argue that the mascot of Konami is Frogger.
In fact, I think it more odd that we don't have the highest grossing franchises from certain companies.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I don't find it odd in the slightest- and considering that the new protagonist isn't the mascot, I still don't.
There are many more things I do find odd, about the game. Treatment of certain series, lack of some insanely huge Nintendo names, so few echoes...
The thing is though, the mascot isn't anywhere in Joker's package, not even a spirit, surely a spirit event for Nocturne would suffice, but no, nothing. This is a company that puts their mascot in every game they publish outside of licensed titles, and for Sakurai to not include him even now as a spirit, is strange.

Do I think this confirms CP11 as SMT? No, could very well get a SMT V Spirit event.... in I guess October? The game comes out November so I doubt an event this early, but the lack of Jack Frost anywhere with Joker is very bizarre when every other company more or less has their mascot in.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
The thing is though, the mascot isn't anywhere in Joker's package, not even a spirit, surely a spirit event for Nocturne would suffice, but no, nothing. This is a company that puts their mascot in every game they publish outside of licensed titles, and for Sakurai to not include him even now as a spirit, is strange.

Do I think this confirms CP11 as SMT? No, could very well get a SMT V Spirit event.... in I guess October? The game comes out November so I doubt an event this early, but the lack of Jack Frost anywhere with Joker is very bizarre when every other company more or less has their mascot in.
I really do think of Frogger as the mascot of Konami- certainly the most known game and character of the company.
I also think it odd we got Altair and not Ezio, and Rabbids without Rayman.

Shroob

Sup?
I really do think of Frogger as the mascot of Konami- certainly the most known game and character of the company.
I also think it odd we got Altair and not Ezio, and Rabbids without Rayman.
I definitely agree that I find Rayman's absence odd, as well as Ezio's.

As for Konami, I've honestly never really viewed them as having a real "mascot", tbh, and nowadays when I think of Konami, I think of like, Yu-Gi-Oh, which isn't a video game, but it is arguably one of their largest series.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I definitely agree that I find Rayman's absence odd, as well as Ezio's.

As for Konami, I've honestly never really viewed them as having a real "mascot", tbh, and nowadays when I think of Konami, I think of like, Yu-Gi-Oh, which isn't a video game, but it is arguably one of their largest series.
If Frogger doesn't count as a mascot for Konami, then I don't think any mascot for Atlus is important in the first place.

Shroob

Sup?
If Frogger doesn't count as a mascot for Konami, then I don't think any mascot for Atlus is important in the first place.
I would disagree, since Frogger has barely been used by them since 2013, aside from some mobile games and pachinko machines. In truth, I'd argue that Pyramid Head is nowadays moreso their mascot, considering they use him in crossover events and promotional material all the time.

However, I can tell this debate is going nowhere and is just going to derail the thread's topic, so I'll choose to end here as to not clutter up any further.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I would disagree, since Frogger has barely been used by them since 2013, aside from some mobile games and pachinko machines. In truth, I'd argue that Pyramid Head is nowadays moreso their mascot, considering they use him in crossover events and promotional material all the time.

However, I can tell this debate is going nowhere and is just going to derail the thread's topic, so I'll choose to end here as to not clutter up any further.
Well, the thing I was really interested upon in what you said, is that you felt that it was odd that we didn't get the mascot for Atlus.
Why is that odd to you? And do you think we would even get the mascot, considering we didn't get the mascot for, say, Final Fantasy?

Shroob

Sup?
Well, the thing I was really interested upon in what you said, is that you felt that it was odd that we didn't get the mascot for Atlus.
Why is that odd to you? And do you think we would even get the mascot, considering we didn't get the mascot for, say, Final Fantasy?
For Final Fantasy, I'd argue that Cloud is both the protagonist and mascot of Final Fantasy 7, but as a whole to the series, that the Chocobo and Moogle are the mascots, but again, in regards to Smash specifically, Final Fantasy is solely FF7, so I'd argue that, in this extremely fringe scenario, we got the "mascot". However, we did get the Chocobo hat, and a spirit iirc, which represents the mascot of the series in general. Moogle we did not, but we did Chocobo. Though, isn't Cait Sith's mount a Moogle? It is a very strange scenario.

That is my only eyebrow raise. I 100% admit they could be saving Jack Frost for a SMTV spirit event in late October/early November to promote the game, something I'm half banking on to be truthful with you, but I feel like Jack is very akin to the Chocobo in the regards that both appear in their respective games, FF7 and P5 respectively, but one was added, the other wasn't. Cloud and Joker represent one game in a series, while the Chocobo and Jack are the series mascots. We got Chocobo stuff to represent Final Fantasy "as a whole", the same can't be said the other way around.

Last edited:
Top Bottom